Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,098 members, 7,845,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan (22975 Views)

Niger Junta Leaders Begin Recruitment Into Militia Group / Niger: Junta Leaders Evacuate Families To Dubai, Burkina Faso / Niger Junta Threatens To Kill Deposed President Bazoum If U.S, ECOWAS Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Stoplying: 2:01am On Aug 21, 2023
mariahAngel:
Transition to what? Full blown military dictatorship?
And you are a nigérien ?
Please tell me what is your business in how nigériens administer their country ?

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Stoplying: 2:03am On Aug 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Whether they can be trusted or not is not in anyone's place to question. It's their country for crying out loud!
She's an other crazy Nigeria who doesn't understand the concept of "mind your business".

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Kinterez(m): 2:20am On Aug 21, 2023
Throwback:
Igbos and Obidients are looking up to judiciary in Nigeria over a contested presidential election that an Igbo candidate claimed the winner did not merit.

Same Igbos and Obidients are also the ones supporting a military junta that illegally and treasonably sacked a democratically elected government.

Same Igbos and Obidients want ECOWAS and other foreign nations to respect the sovereignty of Niger, even when the legitimate government wants those world powers to remove the military junta, so that the legitimate government can return to its constitutional duties.

Igbos and Obidients want the very same foreign powers to help them remove the democratically elected President of Nigeria. They have written letters to ask that the President in Nigeria should not be recognised. They have forgotten that Nigeria is also a sovereign state - one that is even having the legitimate and democratically elected President in power.

What do Igbos and Obidients truly want?

What is their moral character judging by all their unstable interests that conflict with each other?
Same Igbos and obedients will continue to give you everlasting ache and sleepless nights...ewure

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by bdon123(m): 2:27am On Aug 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:
LMAO!

These Ecowas countries must think themselves to be lords over Western Africa. It's the audacity with which they're trying to make decisions for a sovereign country, that has me in stitches.
The sovereign country u talkng abt joined ecowas on their own free will via ther parliament agreement.And d rules of ecowas is clear abt tins like this.Only a parliamentary removal of presidentbis allowed.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by bdon123(m): 2:28am On Aug 21, 2023
Abeg wat is ecowas waiting for na...start bombing millitary formations already.send This junta back to d barracks.I am obedient n wholeheartedly agree wit resolutions of ecowas.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by chaloskyx: 2:41am On Aug 21, 2023
ECOWAS= NATO irest my case they are just the guard dogs of neo colonialist to guard against any uprising that affects their interests in Africa they dont mean well for the African populace

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Myer(m): 2:52am On Aug 21, 2023
Taylor90:
A rejected mandate thief is rejecting another mans reign

A man that was wildly rejected at the polls even by his own Lagos he built

Abuja the capital rejected him

Osun state his home town rejected him

Ebola sef

By now you should know this decision is beyond Tinubu. It is ECOWAS. Of course as the Chairman he has the final say.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Nobody: 3:00am On Aug 21, 2023
Stoplying:

Keep provoking Russia instead of seeking to be neutral, I don't know if you are an African or not (you might be a white nafo guy who makes a mission of spreading NATO propaganda to Africa and Nigeria in particular), but if you are an African and a Nigerian then tell me who in the west would not be extremely happy to see Russia waste its bombs on Nigeria rather than on Ukraine ?
Don't lie, I live in the west, I know the mentality, they get shocked by war only when the dead are white.

So instead of "F*ck Russia", I say f*ck you ! F*ck nafo and long live friendship between Africa and Russia.
The only country which stood by African nations in the days in which the western Europeans were busy colonising Africa! That only country is Russia, and for that I say, long live Russia ! Hurra !
You sound like you’ve been inhaling Russian gas talking about Russia bombing Africa. You bloody lunatic. F*ck Russia! And f*ck nato as well if they want us dead. How about that
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Mosba: 3:02am On Aug 21, 2023
Ekehwinz:
What's so special about Niger? Why didn't ecowas invade burkina faso and mali??

If you know what's behind it all, you will understand that it's either war or the junta leaders cooperate with ECOWAS. And by war I mean Niger+Russia Vs ECOWAS, EU, FRANCE AND EVEN US.
In other words, Niger is special

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 21, 2023
Stoplying:

Keep provoking Russia instead of seeking to be neutral, I don't know if you are an African or not (you might be a white nafo guy who makes a mission of spreading NATO propaganda to Africa and Nigeria in particular), but if you are an African and a Nigerian then tell me who in the west would not be extremely happy to see Russia waste its bombs on Nigeria rather than on Ukraine ?
Don't lie, I live in the west, I know the mentality, they get shocked by war only when the dead are white.

So instead of "F*ck Russia", I say f*ck you ! F*ck nafo and long live friendship between Africa and Russia.
The only country which stood by African nations in the days in which the western Europeans were busy colonising Africa! That only country is Russia, and for that I say, long live Russia ! Hurra !
Imaginary friendship. Russia never stopped colonialism on Africa. Russia never fought for Africans so save us the bs. You want to trade one master for another. Russia aint done shit for you or me
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Stoplying: 3:20am On Aug 21, 2023
Naijaboy18:

Imaginary friendship. Russia never stopped colonialism on Africa. Russia never fought for Africans so save us the bs. You want to trade one master for another. Russia aint done shit for you or me
You need urgent education, try and research which country assisted Ethiopia in its victory over colonizers.
Also if you don't know, Ethiopia is the only African country which survived colonisation !

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Stoplying: 3:25am On Aug 21, 2023
Naijaboy18:

You sound like you’ve been inhaling Russian gas talking about Russia bombing Africa. You bloody lunatic. F*ck Russia! And f*ck nato as well if they want us dead. How about that
It seems you don't know how to use your brain, I was giving you scenarios which the west would love to see happen: Russia bombing Africa instead of Ukraine.

I will not insult Russia, because Russia has done no wrong to Africa, instead Russia has helped Africa against several attacks from the west during colonisation and later during the cold war. Insulting a helping hand just to please your former (and current) tormentors is stupid.

Being a Pan-Africanist doesn't mean hating all which is not African. It means defending African interests. You are not smart enough to be a true Pan-Africanist.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Newness2019: 3:27am On Aug 21, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7809847/well-hand-over-civilian-govt#125227956

NIGER PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN THEIR DESTINIES IN THEIR HANDS.

'MUMUWAS' PLEASE GO AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS.

NIGER IS FINALLY FREE FROM SLAVERY OF THE FRENCH. THANKS BE TO GOD.

ECOWAS ATTACK NIGER AND EXPERIENCE HOW GOD DEALS WITH TRAITORS.

SHAME ON SO CALLED ECOWAS.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by KanwuliaExtra: 3:36am On Aug 21, 2023
I agree with ECOWAS.
Military should hand over within 6 months.✅

On the other hand, all CIVILIAN COUPISTS in ECOWAS should also hand over their stolen mandates too!🤣
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by KingB5(m): 3:42am On Aug 21, 2023
backbone503:
The junta is feeling the heat and tactically looking for some soft landing. Niger is a small country, non military actions can do the magic. More sanctions should be imposed

Is Nigeria bigger than Niger bro??
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 21, 2023
Stoplying:

It seems you don't know how to use your brain, I was giving you scenarios which the west would love to see happen: Russia bombing Africa instead of Ukraine.

I will not insult Russia, because Russia has done no wrong to Africa, instead Russia has helped Africa against several attacks from the west during colonisation and later during the cold war. Insulting a helping hand just to please your former (and current) tormentors is stupid.

Being a Pan-Africanist doesn't mean hating all which is not African. It means defending African interests. You are not smart enough to be a true Pan-Africanist.
Pan Africanism is not real. Russia never did anything for Africa. You’re the same person who tries to claim the whole south Nigeria is Benin. You’re not a real person
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Stoicful(m): 3:53am On Aug 21, 2023
Ekehwinz:
They all signed a treaty that there will be no more coup in west Africa which they dishonored. Nigeria Gas Pipeline passed Niger to Algeria then to Europe, in the coming month the military junta can decide to do anything with it and there is uranium in Niger in which if it's not contained, there will be definitely be a counter coup and no one knows if the counter coup will do what's best and mind you Niger shared border with Libya which means Niger might further be a breeding ground for terrorism, it's in ECOWAS best interest and most especially Nigeria.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 21, 2023
Stoplying:

You need urgent education, try and research which country assisted Ethiopia in its victory over colonizers.
Also if you don't know, Ethiopia is the only African country which survived colonisation !
Let Russia stay in Russia. Not Africa
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by RosyIsBlessed: 4:58am On Aug 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:
LMAO!

These Ecowas countries must think themselves to be lords over Western Africa..

Of course they are.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Stoplying: 5:01am On Aug 21, 2023
Naijaboy18:

Pan Africanism is not real. Russia never did anything for Africa. You’re the same person who tries to claim the whole south Nigeria is Benin. You’re not a real person
You don't say "try to claim" when proof is forwarded, you say "you are the one who proved". Proving and "trying to claim" are two different things, if you don't like reality then take it on yourself, don't attack me for obeying the laws of logic.
Precolonial map below shows the Kingdom of Benin.
I don't massage egos, I stick to the facts no matter whose feelings get hurt.
Your statement "panafricanism is not real" says it all about you, you are either a black person with slave mentality (like many Yoruba) or you are a neocolonialist.
My guess is that you are a Yoruba. Why are you guys like this ?

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Dennisochampa: 5:10am On Aug 21, 2023
Taylor90:
A rejected mandate thief is rejecting another mans reign

A man that was wildly rejected at the polls even by his own Lagos he built

Abuja the capital rejected him

Osun state his home town rejected him

Ebola sef
..... Cry me a river!
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 21, 2023
I know ECOWAS will not accept it. This is about protecting Nigeria and not Niger. The whole of West Africa knows what is at stake. NAIJA will soon be in the hands of the military, and as soon as that happens, the whole of West Africa will be back to the military. And they all will be gone. The military is the worst government that can happen. As Gani Fawehinmi said, the worst democracy is better than the best military rule.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by saysoo: 5:35am On Aug 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:
LMAO!

These Ecowas countries must think themselves to be lords over Western Africa. It's the audacity with which they're trying to make decisions for a sovereign country, that has me in stitches.
Those countries came together and agreed on that audacity.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by heysquare(m): 5:52am On Aug 21, 2023
The guy want to cash out for that 3 years. I never see any country fixed by military takeover. All na scam. They just takeover to embezzle with ease. Niger coup leader was the presidential guard commander. He seized privilege to takeover power all because the elected president plans to change him.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Tareq1105: 5:52am On Aug 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:
LMAO!

A sovereign country that has surrender her sovereignty to ECOWAS when she signed the treaty years ago.

Didn't you see that Putin would not attend BRICS meeting in South Africa? He would be arrested if he step his feet on the soil of South Africa bcoz South Africa is bound by ICC treaty to get him arrested for war crime.

So, Niger Republic signed to be so treated, the issue of sovereignty doesn't arise.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Tareq1105: 5:57am On Aug 21, 2023
Favorisieren:
I know ECOWAS will not accept it. This is about protecting Nigeria and not Niger. The whole of West Africa knows what is at stake. NAIJA will soon be in the hands of the military, and as soon as that happens, the whole of West Africa will be back to the military. And they all will be gone. The military is the worst government that can happen. As Gani Fawehinmi said, the worst democracy is better than the best military rule.

And you think your life would be any better under military rule?

You think nairaland and social media would be this available for you to type trash like now?

You don't know what you have until you loose it.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Lovenorth: 6:23am On Aug 21, 2023
Ekehwinz:
Niger is very close to Nigeria, Ebola is afraid anything that happened in Niger may happen in Nigeria because they share a lot of things in common
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by BOYS2MEN: 6:28am On Aug 21, 2023
Monday morning wailing ....hunger don show diz one shege
Throwback:
Igbos and Obidients are looking up to judiciary in Nigeria over a contested presidential election that an Igbo candidate claimed the winner did not merit.

Same Igbos and Obidients are also the ones supporting a military junta that illegally and treasonably sacked a democratically elected government.

Same Igbos and Obidients want ECOWAS and other foreign nations to respect the sovereignty of Niger, even when the legitimate government wants those world powers to remove the military junta, so that the legitimate government can return to its constitutional duties.

Igbos and Obidients want the very same foreign powers to help them remove the democratically elected President of Nigeria. They have written letters to ask that the President in Nigeria should not be recognised. They have forgotten that Nigeria is also a sovereign state - one that is even having the legitimate and democratically elected President in power.

What do Igbos and Obidients truly want?

What is their moral character judging by all their unstable interests that conflict with each other?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Flame333: 6:32am On Aug 21, 2023
mariahAngel:

As in, they want to be allowed to hold on to power until then?
Can they be trusted to handover power when the time comes?

It's not Nigeria problem...

Nigeria should focus dealing with their huge poverty everywhere...

Our president must insane to lead this campaign against Niger Republic...

A sovereign country, even the United States could not invade Cuba because Castro was a military dictator..

Call your president to order

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Flame333: 6:45am On Aug 21, 2023
phransix2:
This Niger people dey crase oh... Them say them want 3 years....

This case be like when u dey ask person wey dey owe u when him go pay?

Has your life change for the better with useless APC 8 years
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by phransix2: 6:47am On Aug 21, 2023
Flame333:

Has your life change for the better with useless APC 8 years

E be like say u dey new for this NL
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by infofta(m): 7:15am On Aug 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:
LMAO!

The moment they suspended the constitution they also suspended the sovereignty of the country.
Have you read the constitution of ECOWAS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beltus Kwene, Cameroonian Soldier That Died Yesterday / Propaganda Filters The Truth About Ukraine On Russian Media / Sudan War: Visa Officials Exploit Nigerian Students At Ethiopian Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.