Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,650 members, 7,854,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan (23039 Views)

Niger Junta Leaders Begin Recruitment Into Militia Group / Niger: Junta Leaders Evacuate Families To Dubai, Burkina Faso / Niger Junta Threatens To Kill Deposed President Bazoum If U.S, ECOWAS Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by UtuokeAlcoholic: 7:18am On Aug 21, 2023
Taylor90:
A rejected mandate thief is rejecting another mans reign

A man that was wildly rejected at the polls even by his own Lagos he built

Abuja the capital rejected him

Osun state his home town rejected him

Ebola sef
Oga even Jesus was rejected by his own people and in his own home. So what are you saying
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 21, 2023
Revolution2022:
Why can't ECOWAS tackle unemployment,poverty, election rigging,insecurity,and bad governance which is the bane of Africa?
I wonder!
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by true2god: 7:25am On Aug 21, 2023
backbone503:
The junta is feeling the heat and tactically looking for some soft landing. Niger is a small country, non military actions can do the magic. More sanctions should be imposed
Niger is bigger than Nigeria in terms of landmass. Besides, over 90% of Nigeriens are happy with the military guys and democracy is of course the govt of the people. So Nigeria cannot do them nothing.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by ransomed: 7:26am On Aug 21, 2023
They should write their will and put their house in order before going to Niger. They are sure to return in body bags.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by grammarian247(m): 7:38am On Aug 21, 2023
Throwback:
Igbos and Obidients are looking up to judiciary in Nigeria over a contested presidential election that an Igbo candidate claimed the winner did not merit.

Same Igbos and Obidients are also the ones supporting a military junta that illegally and treasonably sacked a democratically elected government.

Same Igbos and Obidients want ECOWAS and other foreign nations to respect the sovereignty of Niger, even when the legitimate government wants those world powers to remove the military junta, so that the legitimate government can return to its constitutional duties.

Igbos and Obidients want the very same foreign powers to help them remove the democratically elected President of Nigeria. They have written letters to ask that the President in Nigeria should not be recognised. They have forgotten that Nigeria is also a sovereign state - one that is even having the legitimate and democratically elected President in power.

What do Igbos and Obidients truly want?

What is their moral character judging by all their unstable interests that conflict with each other?

It is your generalization that got me in stitches. Not all Igbos are Obidient and not all Obidients are Igbo: try and come to this realization so that you see the situation from a better angle. Whether you believe that the present government in Nigeria was voted by the people or not, you can't argue with the fact that it is no where prepared to make things better for the common man.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Juju70(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2023
1yr 6months max. Ecowas should negotiate with them. The thought of an invasion is a no no.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Dvdpity: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2023
Make tinubu lead ECOWAS invade Niger Republic lead ECOWAS. Tired of these back and forth..let the war begin.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by yankison(m): 8:11am On Aug 21, 2023
Peaceworld:

Dumb

What is dumb in what he said . u created a new moniker just to comment about another country trying to make their livelihood better ?/../na wa for people like u ..idiot
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Whytelyon(m): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2023
zelnababa:
whose mandate?

Peter Obis own.
Why is he bribing courts and co if he won ?
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by integrity16(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2023
You cannot do the right thing in the wrong way.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Jevica: 8:53am On Aug 21, 2023
Echodi:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy
Acct num: Oyom Ubi
G.TBank

How about the jagaban mandate you are standing?
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by abiolert(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2023
Echodi:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy
Acct num: Oyom Ubi
G.TBank

Scam

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Barcalee: 9:56am On Aug 21, 2023
Ekehwinz:
What's so special about Niger? Why didn't ecowas invade burkina faso and mali??

Puppet leaders only dances to the direction where their strings are being pulled
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by yahoodetector: 10:02am On Aug 21, 2023
Ekehwinz:

Buhari and other high profile Northerners in Nigeria have assets in Niger which they know they will lose in the hands of the junta
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Minjim: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I haven't mentioned Nigeria in any of my submissions. As of this very moment, the junta in Niger republic enjoys the widespread support of the citizens, and that's enough legitimacy.

Ecowas or AU are in no place to seek to invade a sovereign country simply because of that country's membership in an ordinary association that can be dispensed with in a matter of days.

Nothing justifies that proposed display of silliness.

You've never lived in a military regime before, so you won't understand how military rule by decree.

Nigeriens have no choice but to support the junta because of the consequences of not doing so is deadly.
Go ask NADECO members during Nigeria's won military rule.

AU and ECOWAS are simply trying to restore democracy because the worst democratic government is still better than any military government.

It's foolishness to support any military junta because military don't adhere to human rights principles
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by backbone503(m): 10:27am On Aug 21, 2023
KingB5:

Is Nigeria bigger than Niger bro??

Borno state is 20 times plus bigger than Lagos (by land mass). Is Borno state not a small state compared to Lagos?
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Minjim: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2023
Ekehwinz:

Nothing special.

It's just that the coup in Niger is now making it a pattern. It's becoming one too many.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Minjim: 10:29am On Aug 21, 2023
KingB5:

Is Nigeria bigger than Niger bro??

Niger is a small country in population compared to Nigeria.

Land mass without population is nothing
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by BoldBrainz(m): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2023
Minjim:

You've never lived in a military regime before, so you won't understand how military rule by decree.

Nigeriens have no choice but to support the junta because of the consequences of not doing so is deadly.
Go ask NADECO members during Nigeria's won military rule.

AU and ECOWAS are simply trying to restore democracy because the worst democratic government is still better than any military government.

It's foolishness to support any military junta because military don't adhere to human rights principles

Lol.
No vex bros, how old are you?
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by backbone503(m): 10:34am On Aug 21, 2023
true2god:
Niger is bigger than Nigeria in terms of landmass. Besides, over 90% of Nigeriens are happy with the military guys and democracy is of course the govt of the people. So Nigeria cannot do them nothing.

It's not Nigeria the junta has to contend with but ECOWAS. And you need to understand that the rise of military govt in the sub-region is a big threat to security and stability in West Africa and Africa at large.

Terrorism, infiltration of arms, illicit financial flows, human trafficking are just a few of the negative circumstances that govt (if allowed to stay) will give room for
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Fortune118005(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2023
Ekehwinz:
Uranium
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 21, 2023
Tareq1105:

And you think your life would be any better under military rule?

You think nairaland and social media would be this available for you to type trash like now?

You don't know what you have until you lose it.
Return to read my post. If you still don't understand it, read my previous posts. Shaking my head.

Kids are too hasty. Slow down a bit. If you take to this advice, trust me....your life will be meaningful.

God bless!
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Stoplying: 11:39am On Aug 21, 2023
infofta:

The moment they suspended the constitution they also suspended the sovereignty of the country.
Have you read the constitution of ECOWAS?
ECOWAS is not a country, it doesn't have a constitution.
Since suspension of constitution implies suspension of sovereignty, I guess Egypt is also no longer a sovereign country, why don't you invade Egypt ?
I don't know if you noticed, but apartheid south Africa also had a constitution, that constitution had to be changed in order for the indigenous people of that country to get freedom.

I guess none of this really matters to you, you are only defending tinubu, no matter the topic, you don't care about the principles. The constitution of Niger was written by France and it makes Niger a slave to France.
Never mind, let us not get bogged down by details when it is time to "defend tinubu".
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Minjim: 11:47am On Aug 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Lol.
No vex bros, how old are you?

I was in JSS 2 in 1993. I still have vivid memories of the June 12 elections and the aftermath.
I attended rallies anchored by Beko Kuti, Tai Sholanrin and co at Ojuelegba

I don't wish military rule on any nation ever again.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Minjim: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2023
Stoplying:

ECOWAS is not a country, it doesn't have a constitution.
Since suspension of constitution implies suspension of sovereignty, I guess Egypt is also no longer a sovereign country, why don't you invade Egypt ?
I don't know if you noticed, but apartheid south Africa also had a constitution, that constitution had to be changed in order for the indigenous people of that country to get freedom.

I guess none of this really matters to you, you are only defending tinubu, no matter the topic, you don't care about the principles. The constitution of Niger was written by France and it makes Niger a slave to France.
Never mind, let us not get bogged down by details when it is time to "defend tinubu".

It's not only countries that have constitutions. All organisations, unions and association too must have one
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Stoplying: 11:51am On Aug 21, 2023
Minjim:

It's not only countries that have constitutions. All organisations, unions and association too must have one
By definition, a constitution is a property of a country. The things which you are calling constitutions are actually not constitutions. But people like to change definitions of words now adays. (Like some women being called men and some men being called women nowadays).
Soon enough, you will be talking about family constitution or child playground constitution or kitchen constitution or football handling constitution or dance constitution...keep bastardising that word.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Stoplying: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2023
Minjim:

I was in JSS 2 in 1993. I still have vivid memories of the June 12 elections and the aftermath.
I attended rallies anchored by Beko Kuti, Tai Sholanrin and co at Ojuelegba

I don't wish military rule on any nation ever again.

I was in Nigeria during sani abacha's rule, it was more peaceful and secured than it is today.
It is political propaganda which keeps saying that the worse civilian rule is better than the best military rule.
It is military coup which changed Ghana. It is military coup which changed France.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Johncarlo07: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
backbone503:
The junta is feeling the heat and tactically looking for some soft landing. Niger is a small country, non military actions can do the magic. More sanctions should be imposed

U mean Niger whose landmass is bigger Dan dat of Nigeria,is a small country.

I fear who no fear u.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by backbone503(m): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
Johncarlo07:

U mean Niger whose landmass is bigger Dan dat of Nigeria,is a small country.

I fear who no fear u.

For you to singularly narrow the word "small" to landmass probably implies you have a small mind
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
Stoplying:

You don't say "try to claim" when proof is forwarded, you say "you are the one who proved". Proving and "trying to claim" are two different things, if you don't like reality then take it on yourself, don't attack me for obeying the laws of logic.
Precolonial map below shows the Kingdom of Benin.
I don't massage egos, I stick to the facts no matter whose feelings get hurt.
Your statement "panafricanism is not real" says it all about you, you are either a black person with slave mentality (like many Yoruba) or you are a neocolonialist.
My guess is that you are a Yoruba. Why are you guys like this ?
Stop encroaching unto our space. We have never been part of Benin.
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by panafrican(m): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2023
ECOWAS rejects a peace proposal
Re: ECOWAS Rejects Niger Junta’s 3-year Transition Plan by Johncarlo07: 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
backbone503:

For you to singularly narrow the word "small" to landmass probably implies you have a small mind

For u to singlelarly use that adjective "small" without proper elucidation on which nd wat aspect, also implies u av a small mind too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 / Trump's Administration Is "Irresponsible" - Joe Biden / Ukraine War: Missile And Drone Attacks Launched Against Russia(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.