Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,980 members, 7,810,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend (27939 Views)

My Colleague's Hook Up Experience / I am in love with a colleague – but I'm married (pls advice) / I Like My Colleague But Can't Date Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Poten111: 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2023
I have fallen in love with my colleague. She has been so helpful and close to me. We hangout a lot and she creates time for me. She dots me. She is always in a hurry to help and support. If i have a complaint she scampers to look for solution. She buys me lunch and surprises me with snacks and gifts.

I a have a place to go and I impromptu tell her. She volunteers to drive me there. She has a car and I don't. E speak at length every day. Morning and night.

In all this, I reciprocate the gestures. I show her love and respect.

After about a year. I came to the conclusion that I want to date her against my principle of dating colleagues. We once lodged in a hotel where i made my intentions clear. She said she was in a relationship. A distant one but the guy is ready to marry her. He has met her parents.

I know women love to keep their options open to avoid disappointment but i felt betrayed because how is she making out time for me.

I have re-emphasized my interest on two more occasions. She is thinking about it. I feel she wants to go ahead with the marriage plans.

So i have moved on. Cut off consistent communications with her. I rarely respond to her message especially if they are not work related. I have subtly told her that we cannot be having a subtle affair.

She doesn't seem to keep off. She has maintained her fake interest in me.

What do i do?

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Taylor90: 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
You wanted her and you waited for a whole one year to do that

For women wey get expiry date

Na you cause am naaa

Abeg leave her alone she wan marry

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Built2last: 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
Be careful.

Do not sow what you can't reap in the future

In the eyes of God if both parents have met and agreed to exchange their kids in marriage. That marriage has been concluded.

Every other thing is tradition or church ceremonies which is secondary

It should also disturb you that she gives you that level of attention. After being engaged.

There are 4.5 billion women on earth. Why will i settle with someone who is engaged and someone will be cursing me somewhere.

Some people's wahala is self inflicted

186 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Wodu89: 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2023
Protect your heart. And don't ruin another's for your sake. If the relationship with the other doesn't work, you're free. Otherwise don't. There's nothing there. Make her see it

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by EconomistXplain: 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2023
simply turn her sexual patner... that's what sh wants not relationship...u are the one needing something very serious..sh can never leave an abroad based man for u...women can kill demselves for abroad based guyz

135 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by JustPowerApps(m): 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2023
Do everything possible to avoid her, she will back off eventually.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Sonnobax15(m): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
lipsrsealed
Keep your distance far from her......

Don't let appearance and kind gestures deceive you...

Don't belittle yourself to the extent of being an alternative to her should her main option disappoints her....

Move on with your life completely just like you've rightly said...

Las las, you'll surely meet your own banny,cuz this colleague of yours aint the one for you...

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by inoki247: 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lol be like say the rest of mind wey u dey get for that ur working place don dey choke u undecided undecided

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by MorataFC: 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
Ok
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Chibuzoripob: 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
cool
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by CondemnBattery(f): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
Enjoy.

There's nothing wrong with you having feelings for her regardless, but don't be caught in the web like mason Greenwood. Cos if things go south, she will accuse you of rape, or sexual harrassment, which can also get you sacked. Fear women 25hrs a day.

If you know you know

10 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by ernesco0816517(m): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
Na like this e take start,next kala go enter ur belle..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Freelancerr(m): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
What do you do?

Bleep her that's what she wants from you, no be everything them dey tell person noa angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Pandev(m): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
Mtcheew

First off, avoid relationship (dating) with your colleagues. This could be very difficult for you to understand, but it is what it is.

9 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
Office romance Dem say e no good.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Eileene(f): 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hmm
She just wants you for fun..

A woman can not settle for a man who cannot be the man in the ship.
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by 900warriorz: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
No allow insect eye make you do wetin you no suppose do o grin

1 Like

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Stevenson20: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Run for your dear life.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lol.. You're obviously the problem MR. I am a Man too and I will tell you the truth. Since that lady has told you she is in a relationship and she stands by her words, why not let her be and keep it moving? Also, You don't have to be bitter towards her all because she turned down your advances. If you are to be the other guy she is dating and wants to get married to, would you be happy someone, especially your soon to be Wife's Colleague snatches her away from you? Do you know how much the guy has invested in the relationship and how far they've gone together? Leave that lady alone and look for your woman elsewhere! It's not even advisable to get involved in Workplace romance. I find it cringy and believe me, most of such relationships don't end well. How do you have relationship with someone you see at home daily and still see each other at work? Na wah!

Since she has made it clear she doesn't want you, you don't have to be cold to her for her nice gestures towards you. Its fine if you reduce your closeness with her a bit, at least for you to get over whatever you're nursing in your mind towards her, but don't be harsh or cold to her regardless, especially when she still tries to be nice around you. You should balance the situation...

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by doncox256: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Try your luck na. But you risk this relationship and even your work entirely. Workplace romance is for me a no-no. It doesn't end well in most instances.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Expanse2020(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Tried the Anikulapo version especially the banging....it will solve it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by shedy03(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Can't woman be friendly to a man without the man reading wrong meaning to it?

7 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Tonytonex(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
It doesn't usually ends well,
Especially with the man.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by OgaRico(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
First, calm down and check, and recheck before posting because so many typos in this your story.

Secondly, you two lodged. What was the occasion for the lodging?

She is dating but she still gives you her attention, support, care, etc. Bro, if that girl dey into you as you claim, you for no hear of the other man.

Comot mind from dating her then simply return the energy wey she dey give then try to enjoy every moment with her cause you don't know when gon be the last. Or just maybe, to be sure of things with how she feels for you, try and come up with "I just got to know this new girl in my neighbourhood" lie and see how she will react to you having another girl who will soon be ending your feelings towards her.

11 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Kennedy3632: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Woman of substance!!!. Please respect her decision. Someone has asked for her hand in marriage, don't you get that? She has so much respect for you as a colleague, hence the gift and attention, please respect that. Don't be arrogant to her because things are not going your way. I hate rubbish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Makunahatata: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

I have fallen in love with my colleague. She has been so helpful and close to me. We hangout a lot and she creates time for me. She dots me. She is always in a hurry to help and support. If i have a complaint she scampers to look for solution. She buys me lunch and surprises me with snacks and gifts.

I a have a place to go and I impromptu tell her. She volunteers to drive me there. She has a car and I don't. E speak at length every day. Morning and night.

In all this, I reciprocate the gestures. I show her love and respect.

After about a year. I came to the conclusion that I want to date her against my principle of dating colleagues. We once lodged in a hotel where i made my intentions clear. She said she was in a relationship. A distant one but the guy is ready to marry her. He has met her parents.

I know women love to keep their options open to avoid disappointment but i felt betrayed because how is she making out time for me.

I have re-emphasized my interest on two more occasions. She is thinking about it. I feel she wants to go ahead with the marriage plans.

So i have moved on. Cut off consistent communications with her. I rarely respond to her message especially if they are not work related. I have subtly told her that we cannot be having a subtle affair.

She doesn't seem to keep off. She has maintained her fake interest in me.

What do i do?

go look fr ur own woman elsewhere, 😏.. tiff

12 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Caspry5: 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
Comrade except you are still interested in shifting pants, i don't see why this is a bother to you. You can't be sexual with every woman..There are other ways to make her useful

13 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by AImiron: 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
Then stay away from her, there millions of single ladies in the country, hundreds if not thousands around you. Nah this act chasing other ppl’s spouse or partner Dey send niggas to early grave.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Farid24224(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
I know your situation OP. My advice to you is to try concealing your feeling because you are are to be the other guy, you won't be happy if another guy try to take away your girl.. Just remain as friends till maybe something happens...

5 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
Move on

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Response To "I Love U" That You Hav Heard... / Lots Of Naija Guys Now Go After Teenage Girls For Sex (picture) / Is She Deceiving Me About Her Virginity Status?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.