Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,097 members, 7,863,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

Checkout This Road In UK - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Checkout This Road In UK (4585 Views)

Pic: This Road Is Road To Psquare Family House. / We Don't Practice Politics Of Witch-hunt In Anambra, Checkout This Picture / This Road In Upenme Junction On Owo-Akungba Road In Ondo State Can Swallow A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout This Road In UK by BmartProperties: 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
*- 5 Bedroom with Penthouse without pool #160,000,000*

Title: *Governor's Consent*

INCENTIVES FOR BUY

- Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Free 32 ' TV
- Free Washing Machine
- Free Inbuilt Microwave
- Free Inbuilt Oven
- Free Air Conditioner
- Free Gas Cooker
- Free Inbuilt Heat Extractor

For more information about the smart home call or Whatsapp Mr Sunday Albert on +2349039657250
@bmartProperties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTjfe8FvRo8

19. BmartProperties: Quote Post
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by slimfit1(m): 12:49am On Aug 23, 2023
This is Laindon near Basildon.
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by uchelouis45(m): 2:31am On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:
You people should give chance to women to govern and see the difference.

Ehm, Patricia Etteh ☻️
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Yankee101: 5:21am On Aug 23, 2023
It’s called marketing
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Difrent: 5:59am On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:
Give chance to women and see the magic. Men have tried. Unfortunately they have failed.

I don't buy your sentiments
And just like advocates of youth in power, you fail to realise that Women are more than men in population.
Women don't have to beg men for power....
And don't count on men relinquishing power to you..... power is never dashed ..... It's worked for....grabbed.
Women can influence one of theirs to power but just like youths they don't know how to translate this numerical strength into power.... Until theres unity of purpose among women I'm sorry there nothing you can do but keep pushing.
Angela Merkel like other women like her showed the world what women can do if given the chance. I know there are women of substance in naija but the problem of naija women are they themselves
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Nairalander248: 6:18am On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:
Give chance to women and see the magic. Men have tried. Unfortunately they have failed.

We did, see the result here...

Diezani Alison-Madueke, former oil minister charged to court over bribery – UK Agency

https://businessday.ng/news/article/diezani-alison-madueke-former-oil-minister-charged-to-court-over-bribery-uk-agency/
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by TheSuperX(m): 6:27am On Aug 23, 2023
jmoore:

You guys are funny.

Show us a road in UK that looks like this

Don't mind her
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by nobilie: 6:54am On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:
You are very correct. I prefer you say give chance to God fearing women cos we haf the likes of Dieviani, former NPA director, whats the name of the woman that feed school children in school during covid while schools were closed? And many more
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by chisupport: 6:57am On Aug 23, 2023
Don't be deceived. This is not even an issue at all.
I live in the UK, and my Goodness!! these people are advanced.
The Ease and speed at which they start and finish a projecta is Amazing not to talk of a simple road like this.

Close to my street, they started a road diversion project. What I know would have take a typical Nigerian contractor 8 - 12 months to accomplish, took these guys just about a month. They even planted carpet grass on the side walk. Everytime I travel through that road, It's amazes me and annoys me at the same time. It annoys me because I try to relate it with what would have happened if it was in my country.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Road In UK by windvane(m): 7:09am On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:
They always make it seem like there's no potholes in UK
please stop being ignorant...there are potholes in every country during winter due to snow,once they go into summer,it is repaired.nonosy repairs a road during snow
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by aklid(m): 7:59am On Aug 23, 2023
Well, no shiii
Earlier this year I saw their prime minister posted on twitter that they’ve set aside billion of pounds for potholes

As u said..they only show u where’s better but will dig up your worst side when showing your place
But that being said, Nigeria is no way near any of them western or some Asian countries
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Sweetberry123: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2023
That's just a side street, they are not as standard as main roads cos they take little traffic. You can google their motorways fr a start
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:
The whites will only show you what they want you to see.

Nlfpmod

This road is much better than some federal roads in this country.

This road might just be a street in a village.
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by StrongAlphMale: 8:29am On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:

You don't have sense!

You should take your malaria drugs ASAP
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by StrongAlphMale: 8:33am On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:
Can you please leave the thread if you have nothing positive to contribute.

Mu*mu

He told you nothing but the truth you started wailing.

Madam women can't handle power. A woman weighs little power at home she starts controlling her house maid till she destroys the poor innocent girl. The same woman would want to control her husband too. Is it the same woman you're expecting to control a nation? Something Must be wrong with you.

You better go and take your malaria drugs ASAP before you completely run mad
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by juman(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2023
It will be repaired soon.

Except its local village that sometimes might be a bit longer. The number of vehicles that pass local village might not be many.
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by BabaOfLagos: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:

I guess you are still a child,

This has been done before and the results was terrible,

The men had to impregnate all the women to bring things under control.

In the hierarchy of nature it is:

Creator. Man. Woman. Children. Animals.

Trying to modify that hierarchy would results in chaos.
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Rathoreng(m): 11:16am On Aug 23, 2023
Smart man; especially the pride part you mentioned, it’s some times usually true

LikeAking:

Women have to earn it.

Nobody will give them a chance, they have to fight for it.

Although I doubt Nigerian women can do it right.

Ordinarily customer care work Nigerian women cant do it properly.

They are the worse when it comes to customer care. The women bring lots of pride and pomposity to the work. The men do it beta.

African women have lots to learn.

Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:22am On Aug 23, 2023
a4cube:
Nigerians should not jappa to uk again. Nigeria is better than UK because of this road.

Jappa mentality in Nigeria is as old as the 60s. A very wealthy uncle who lived in Libya though very old now, told us stories about how he used to host fellow Nigerians who were trying to cross over to Europe through North Africa.

Jappa mentality is very inherent in an average Nigerian psyche. Sometimes it turns out to be a blessing sometimes it's just a misfortune.
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by WeirdAlien: 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2023
Go to UK yourself and see how quickly you can find a road like this. Funny thing is before your Visa is even approved, that particular one you see in the picture would have been fixed like it never existed.
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Rostikol: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2023
successmatters:

Niger Republic hasn't been sending them resources any more grin

Hehehe…
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Nonexisting1: 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
saphiere:
The whites will only show you what they want you to see.

Nlfpmod
How are you sure? Have you been outside your enclave in Enugu before? If I ask where in the UK now, you will say Paris. You just lifted a picture from Facebook and ran to nairaland to create topic. I'm surprised you didn't blame English men for the bad road. Mtchew

Re: Checkout This Road In UK by Rostikol: 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
WeirdAlien:
Go to UK yourself and see how quickly you can find a road like this. Funny thing is before your Visa is even approved, that particular one you see in the picture would have been fixed like it never existed.

The UK annual budget is 2 trillion dollars for a 60 million population.

Why would they not be able to fix their roads with ease?

Nigeria’s annual budget is 40 billion dollars for 220 million people, so it takes time to fix stuff.

It is stupid and dumb to demand the same level of infrastructure as obtains in Britain.

They invaded and colonised your country and other nations for a whole century and sold your natural resources, sending the proceeds to London.

That’s why they are so rich today.
Re: Checkout This Road In UK by WeirdAlien: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2023
Rostikol:

The UK annual budget is 2 trillion dollars for a 60 million population.
Why would they not be able to fix their roads with ease?
Nigeria’s annual budget is 40 billion dollars for 220 million people, so it takes time to fix stuff.
It is stupid and dumb to demand the same level of infrastructure as obtains in Britain.
They invaded and colonised your country and other nations for a whole century and sold your natural resources, sending the proceeds to London.
That’s why they are so rich today.

The true failure is the man who blame another man for his failure.
What were your leaders and forefathers doing during colonization? Were they not busy selling their kinsmen and betraying other tribes to "obtain the favor" of the white man? Were they not busy releasing their gold, diamond and oil mines for (outdated) dane guns to fight other clans?

MOVE ON and stop crying over spilt milk. What we should be doing now is voting leaders that have sense, and not people who would remain puppets of the so called colonial masters. If we do the right thing for 50 years, our grandchildren will rule the world. But no, our leaders would rather be stealing the small money we're getting and returning them back to buy properties in UK, USA and Dubai.
Nigerians are very smart people, but lack foresight. We always fail to see the big picture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joe Biden Refuses To Meet Tinubu. / Kogi Guber: Labour Party Debunks Report 21 LG Chairmen Decamped To APC / Antisemitic Contents Will No Longer Be Tolerated On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.