Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,071 members, 7,849,340 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:57 PM

Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters (22774 Views)

This Is Why Discos Are Reluctant To Install Prepaid Meters. / NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November / Consumers Kick As FG Raises Prices Of Prepaid Meters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Hezzyluv: 9:17am On Aug 24, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

They can come & retrieve mine, provided I'll be enjoying free light without bills until returned.
&also the upgrade will not translate to increased tarrif.

Dey play with NEPA

The day they will return it, you would pay for the the light you had enjoyed from the upgraded meter unknowingly. grin
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by LaSenior: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

No wahala, na to stop providing service to those who refused to upgrade their prepaid meters when the time given lapses.

You people can go to court. Sebi una wan dey play politics with everything
why are you always on the negative side

You need to be checked something is not adding about your Life

You are never on the progressive side

5 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Father4all: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

They can come & retrieve mine, provided I'll be enjoying free light without bills until returned.
&also the upgrade will not translate to increased tarrif.
they will bill your meter the money you use when it was taken away
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by alizma: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2023
Once you allow them take away your meter, then Sope Oti lo,

1 Like

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Bluntemperor: 9:22am On Aug 24, 2023
Racoon:
I said it here yesterday. NERC is really up to something sinister and devilish. No agency of government is trustworthy under this APC government of lies and propaganda

You were making sense until you dabble into Politics!
Which of the Party in Nigeria is a SAINT here?
Is it your PDP that rules for 16- yrs In Nigeria or 19 yrs in the East, that couldn't boast of a Single Infrastructure,for at least,APC completed Many Roads and Rail Project e g the 2nd -Niger Bridge and other Federal Roads, across Nigeria- you know it, unless you are trying to play the Ostrich!
Is your LP a Saint or have you asked your Party Leaders -how much did they Spend, Collected from Banks, Associates- home and abroad and they should Publish the Names of the Sponsorers, the Money Bags,including Banks of Eastern Origin and their Subsidiaries, to run their show or you think Money was not spent or na Water they used to Campaign?
I dare you call them - All the Parties in Nigeria-to Publish their Accounts and the Direct Sources of Funds ( Money)- Collected and Spent and what is the Balance in their Party Accounts today! That is what is obtainable in a saner Clime- USA,etc!
Is that what we see here? NO.
- Where is the Accountabilities in all these?
I dislike your Fake posturing on this Nairaland Platforms because you know you are feeding the Gaulibles, especially the Unemployed Youths -in Nigeria-Social Media as Agent,with many who can't decide and think deeply on issues pataining to our dear Nation,Nigeria.
That is very UnPatriotic of some of you,as you will do Worse,if Placed and Confronted with these serious Challenges in our Nation today.
May be you are doing these negative, borne out of the Furious and Frustration in Nigeria,like a Youthful Minister had to beg for forgiveness on his past negative rantings was saying recently!
Let's be ballance in our Opinions and Truthful to Nigerians,for a better Tomorrow and our Children Future!
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Father4all: 9:22am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

No wahala, na to stop providing service to those who refused to upgrade their prepaid meters when the time given lapses.

You people can go to court. Sebi una wan dey play politics with everything
you don't have sense

2 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by HRMK: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2023
ITS A PLOY TO SHORTCHANGE THEIR CUSTOMERS!SIMPLE!!
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by bionixs: 9:30am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:
They want to upgrade so that they can provide better service yet some people dey protest.

What are they afraid of that they dont want their prepaid meters to be upgraded?

Na DISCO get time, play them reggae by disabling any account that are yet to be upgraded after the expiring period
mr man , you are wasting your youthful strength doing nonsense o. Why do you always make no sense ?

4 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by OhiOfIhima: 9:42am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:
They want to upgrade so that they can provide better service yet some people dey protest.

What are they afraid of that they dont want their prepaid meters to be upgraded?

Na DISCO get time, play them reggae by disabling any account that are yet to be upgraded after the expiring period
You can only say this tr*sh here bcoz we are on a faceless forum.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Ijaya123: 9:48am On Aug 24, 2023
Racoon:
I said it here yesterday. NERC is really up to something sinister and devilish. No agency of government is trustworthy under this APC government of lies and propaganda

Has NERC and Disco been trustworthy under any government in the history of Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by maticar: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2023
livebyday:
To those wondering why , this will also be done in EKDC PHED ABDEC and others

The pre paid meters would be changed to he new model that has to be mounted on the electric pole

This Is to curb the menace of meter by passing that 70% of consumers using prepaid meters do across the nation.

But where your meter firmware can be updated OTA then this won't be necessary
How long will this upgrade take once meter is submitted?
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Nordy: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

What's the correlation btw better service and upgrade of meter. The Discos wants to maximize their profit owing to the facts that the old prepaid meter doesn't deplete your token faster like the current ones.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by erniok(m): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

With people like you around, it's a little wonder the country is in this sad state.
Why can't the DISCO in question map out the entire area they want to cover and send out a team to carry out the upgrades. Why do we so much love analogue way of dealing with issues in this digital age.

3 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Realguyman1(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

Talking about upgrade to provide better service, when many houses aren't yet metered? U dey alright so?

3 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Correct05: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2023
Those guys aren't serious
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Correct05: 10:12am On Aug 24, 2023
People like U can only be on faceless forum. I was given the KCT early ds month, it didn't work on my meter. I was told, i will be on estimated bill till d meter is resolve. Have been using ds meter for more than 4years. No any issues. Must the meter retrieve b4 they can upgrade it. We are in 2023,
do u take your phone to manufacturer b4 u upgrade it .
helinues:

4 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by AdaojoTheUrchin: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2023
The consumers should sue IBEDC, they should proceed to court immediately. Those criminals want to put them on postpaid and overbill them.

They should replace the meters with new ones before touching the old meters.

1 Like

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Yankee101: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2023
Don’t allow them

They’ll start billing indiscriminately

Prepaid let’s you manage your budget

1 Like

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by gabbytabby: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2023
They are suppose to upgrade on site or just bring new ones and replace.

Take and go collect bribe to bring back. Mba mba.

Islie:

https://punchng.com/customers-protest-discos-plan-to-retrieve-prepaid-meters/

1 Like

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Correct05: 10:33am On Aug 24, 2023
Ibedc are criminal, they would bring light in my area around 12am and take it 5am. I hardly used 1500 for a month. Imagine if the started bringing estimated bill
AdaojoTheUrchin:
The consumer should sue IBEDC, they should proceed to court immediately. Those criminals want to put them on postpaid and overbill them.

They should replace the meters with new ones before touching the old meters.

3 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Ventura1: 10:33am On Aug 24, 2023
I know some consumers under IKEDC that have alter their prepaid meter to reduce reading, to the extent that they still have light even if they run out of unit.

1 Like

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by GanagiBitrus: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2023
Father4all:
they will bill your meter the money you use when it was taken away
If they'll be bringing estimated billing, then e no go work.
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by GanagiBitrus: 10:39am On Aug 24, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Dey play with NEPA

The day they will return it, you would pay for the the light you had enjoyed from the upgraded meter unknowingly. grin
Unknowingly? Then they are criminals.
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by wallarwallar(m): 10:43am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

Foolish people like u eserve to be shot on the head where in the world wud anybody retrieve a meter just for the purpose of upgrade it does not make any sense.. lt is just as if your phone maker ask you to submit ur phone for upgrade . You are a ugly fool

2 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by spartachico(m): 10:49am On Aug 24, 2023
Awon werey then want to upgrade the meter to Burn electric token faster since the government did not give approval for their increment ... omo this country is not for the weak
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Bananapill: 10:49am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

Then they will bypass it to keep enjoying free light. Any staff wey near their house will be chased with cutlass.
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Snowx: 10:49am On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:

Your comment shows that you're one them, you guys cannot be trusted, full of mischievous plan. How would Nigerians trust you guyz when to get prepaid meter you paid for was s tough one. Discos and police are one of the problem facing us in this country..you guys are nuisance

3 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by GanagiBitrus: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
did you read the part where they said you will be placed on estimated billing pending the time they return your meter.

I bet you only read the headline.
I only stated reasonable conditions for NEPA to remove my meter.

&does it even make sense to you to allow NEPA to remove your meter & place you on estimated billing?
Should it take that long to upgrade a meter?
The NEPA we all know will gladly spend months doing so called upgrade, while you will be paying estimated bills even when there is no light.

3 Likes

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by nedekid: 11:06am On Aug 24, 2023
ASAPFERG:
Any nepa come my house, anything you see you bear am
Walai,
My cousin own, new meter installation, but the meter was defective. Them come remove am say them go replace. 1 year later meter no show. Meanwhile, they will disconnect him, he will be settling. Next they started giving him manual bills again, 70, 80k monthly for 2 room appartmemt. House without kids, that they go to work early and return late at night.
Last last he had to pay for new meter again, he has about 300k accumulated bill being debited 7k monthly, all this ontop a paid for defective meter Nepa took away to replace.
Anyone weh near my house, my bingo go use am as snacks.

1 Like

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by NinjaMetahuman: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

I only stated reasonable conditions for NEPA to remove my meter.

&does it even make sense to you to allow NEPA to remove your meter & place you on estimated billing?
Should it take that long to upgrade a meter?
The NEPA we all know will gladly spend months doing so called upgrade, while you will be paying estimated bills even when there is no light.
that's what lack on competition in that sector will do to you.

If there isn't going to be competition, I support government taking over distribution of power again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention / 2019: Niger Delta Militants Endorse Buhari / APC Suspends Abe, Wechie, Aguma, Boms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.