Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,312 members, 7,846,383 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters (22767 Views)

This Is Why Discos Are Reluctant To Install Prepaid Meters. / NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November / Consumers Kick As FG Raises Prices Of Prepaid Meters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Neoteny7: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2023
As mentioned earlier, some meters from a certain vendor malfunction when upgraded to the new STS6 standard. The only rectification is firmware reload, which is what they're trying to do.

These stupid customers can either hang on to their doomed meters, or act sensibly and have the obvious manufacturing defect rectified.
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Iamzik: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2023
helinues:
They want to upgrade so that they can provide better service yet some people dey protest.

What are they afraid of that they dont want their prepaid meters to be upgraded?

Na DISCO get time, play them reggae by disabling any account that are yet to be upgraded after the expiring period

The people said they don't want "better" service. Is it by force?
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by emmancipated(m): 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
Just like they retrieved mine for a fix and have refused to return it, while giving me an estimated bill from hell. You call or reach out to them, they just give you an automated-like response each time.
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by ReubenE(m): 1:49am On Aug 25, 2023
jmoore:
IGNORANCE on display.

We should be careful on how we fabricate ridiculous conspiracy theories.

The update is happening in other countries.

If you fail to update, you can't load any unit to your meter after the deadline of November 2024.

While some meters can be updated without physical touch. It seems the metres that need physical touch for update are the old ones.
The Unistar and Ziglasis meter and co are not only retrieved for upgrade. They are phasing them out for no good reason other than they are not reading consumption properly, so customers are advised to get new smart meters which may be at their own cost.

I suppose that's what is causing the friction
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by lexy2014: 1:53am On Aug 25, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/customers-protest-discos-plan-to-retrieve-prepaid-meters/

they will be enjoying free light until the upgrade is complete
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by Vitally123: 6:23am On Aug 25, 2023
Because they act before thinking, please where in the world has it happened? Are they just learning work? They should please allow Nigerians to Breathe! Discos, Gencos, NERC, Telecoms, etc.
Re: Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters by dahunsi12(m): 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sprints3:
u can generate it here on ibedc I did for my meter here ibedc.com/onlinekct

I've generated my through the link you posted .

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention / Ondo Decides: Why I Missed Channels TV Governorship Debate - Rotimi Akeredolu / Edo PDP Risks Implosion Over Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.