Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu (31282 Views)

Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette / I Don't Read Social Media Anymore, They Abuse The Hell Out Of Me - Tinubu / 2023: Why Nigeria Needs Me - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by iSense247: 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
It’s too late for Atiku to use Chicago university records against me in Nigerian election tribunal, Tinubu tells U.S. court

ADEFEMOLA AKINTADE • AUGUST 25, 2023

President Bola Tinubu says that Atiku Abubakar’s attempt to obtain and use his Chicago State University (CSU) academic records against him at the elections petitions tribunal was only a wild goose chase because the Nigerian court was no longer admitting evidence.

In the presidential election held on February 25, Mr Abubakar finished second with 6.9 million votes, trailing closely behind Mr Tinubu, who had 8.7 million votes and was declared winner.

But the discrepancies in Mr Tinubu’s credentials prompted Mr Abubakar to approach the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois to subpoena CSU into releasing the president’s records to aid his argument at the elections tribunal in Nigeria before September 21 when judgment is anticipated.

Mr Abubakar had sought a nullification of Mr Tinubu’s election triumph on the grounds of alleged electoral fraud, narcotics dealing and election irregularities at the tribunal, where he also hope to tender the CSU as evidence to substantiate his claims to provide a strong argument.

But Mr Tinubu, in his defence at the U.S. federal court, said it was unnecessary to release his records to Mr Abubakar at this point, asserting deadlines for admitting any evidence in the elections tribunal elapsed in July.

“Furthermore, the evidentiary portion of the electoral court proceeding closed July 29, 2023, and a judgment is currently in the process of issuing. (Exhibit 7, Report of Pre-Hearing Session.) Therefore, there is no indication that the Nigerian election court would receive any additional evidence,”
Mr Tinubu asserted in his response to application for issue of discovery on August 23 through his lawyers, Chicago-based Charles Carmichael and Oluwole Afolabi.

The president implied the case in Nigeria had advanced to the stage where all parties are only awaiting judgment and any submission of evidence by Mr Abubakar would only contradict the court’s order.

“Although, Mr Abubakar’s counsel believes it can attempt to submit additional evidence, that would be contrary to what the election court already ordered,” argued Mr Tinubu’s lawyers. “Based on the nature of the tribunal and the proceedings underway, the electoral court would not allow the material sought by the application to be admitted.”

Mr Tinubu’s lawyers contended that the main piece of information requested by Mr Abubakar was whether the Nigerian leader had received a diploma and graduated from CSU, which the university registrar verified in its affidavit, and that the other pieces of information sought were irrelevant.

“The rest is immaterial,” the lawyers stated.

The president further blamed an unnamed university clerk for entering wrong information on his records released to Nigerian lawyer Mike Enahoro-Ebah in August 2022 in response to a previous subpoena.

CSU registrar, Caleb Westberg, corroborated Mr Tinubu’s argument in a sworn affidavit, saying the institution’s clerk — whose name was not given — had entered wrong details on Mr Tinubu’s records.

But Mr Westberg was cautious with his words asserting the difference “is likely the result of human error.”

That the school registrar did not explicitly state it was an error but instead used evasive and culpability-free phrase such as “is likely” under oath was a dead giveaway that the school was unsure whether it was actually an error and was covering its tracks to avoid legal battles should the court detect malfeasance and file charges against the institution.

https://gazettengr.com/its-too-late-for-atiku-to-use-chicago-university-records-against-me-in-nigerian-election-tribunal-tinubu-tells-u-s-court/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews

President Bola Tinubu is fighting tooth and nail to prevent public access to his Chicago records

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by Feintline: 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Too late or too early should not be your problem.

I can't phantom why someone will be scared to have his "certificate" released. This should be a thing of joy.

A man with neither primary or secondary certificate has an opportunity to put his " chicago certificate ", the only certifcate of his life, yet he is playing ping pong

Tinubu na scam laslas.
He is a generational calamity that will destroy the young ones if not curtailed.
Little kids and teens are watching how someone with no primary, secondary or university background is supported by their parents.
Kids these days are far sharper than we were in our days. Very quick and sharp to grab things.
They are keenly watching how their parents are upholding a man with a fake identity.

I pity these parents because these kids will replicate these criminalities and bring tears to you.
That is how the world is wired.

Chicago university, do the needful before this being with an invisible background destroy the legacy of the university.

279 Likes 34 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by iSense247: 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Racoon Penguin2 Newton2024 heliues duro4chang AntiChristian

President Bola Tinubu is fighting tooth and nail to prevent public access to his Chicago records
My question is, why is Tinubu scared of releasing his Chicago University records? Which first class graduate will be afraid of flaunting his original certificate? What is Drug Daddy hiding? Tinubu is a notorious criminal.

194 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by Ofunaofu: 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Is Tinubu implying that he never attended or graduated top of his class from the Chicago state university as claimed

The truth is that Tinubu is in no position to tell whether it is late or not. CSU should simply avail Atiku all the records, receipts and transcripts he is asking for

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by festacman(m): 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Tinubu's life has been magical, to say the least. There are too many questionable gaps but somehow he managed to fill them up anyways, escaping ambushes laid for him and stepping on stones thrown at him to rise and to keep moving forth.

From peasantry background in Osun State, he somehow ended up a Tinubu in Lagos and made it to US. From an anonymous background, he cowed both Obasanjo's onslaught and political dynasties to build a very expansive political structure across Nigeria. From poverty-stricken background, he took advantage of both legitimate and illegitimate opportunities to become wealthy.

Today, he is the president and the face of Nigeria after defying Buhari's amateurish opposition and following a highly controversial election in which his opponents chose to divide themselves into units rather than unite as a whole.

Look, if he survives the ongoing knotty legal onslaughts both home and abroad, I will move a motion for a bunch of sweet-smelling rose flower to be given to him because omor, what a ride it would been for him.

Truly, some mothers do have them.

82 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by itsme01: 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
cool

So we now all agree Tinubu schooled in Chicago

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by Feintline: 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Is Tinubu implying that he never attended or graduated top of his class from the Chicago state university as claimed

I believe he is not the one that got the admission to Chicago.
I believe he impersonated someone or something of that nature. Very likely he took over a dead person .

There is no reason why a public person serviced by tax payers money should be hindering access to important things as this.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by SpartaOfLagos: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
This man is a criminal

He just admitted his Chicago university certificate ain't legit

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by iSense247: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
Feintline:

I believe he is not the one that got the admission to Chicago.
It is either he is using a fake or stolen identity or the school intentionally and illegally swapped someone's admission for him or he didn't graduate with the grade he has telling his AgbadoPonu supporters. Something is frightening him.

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by AntiTerrorist: 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
iSense247:
It’s too late for Atiku to use Chicago university records against me in Nigerian election tribunal, Tinubu tells U.S. court

https://gazettengr.com/its-too-late-for-atiku-to-use-chicago-university-records-against-me-in-nigerian-election-tribunal-tinubu-tells-u-s-court/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews
Don't worry for Atiku President Thiefnubuu. Just let the court do their job.

Besides, why are you fighting tooth and nail to prevent public access to his Chicago records?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by helinues: 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
Abi

Campaign after election na futile efforts now

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by AntiTerrorist: 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
This man is a criminal

He just admitted his Chicago university certificate ain't legit
To say Tinubu is a criminal is an understatement. His action is a prove that everything is not right about his first class degree certificate.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by jconsulting(f): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
itsme01:
cool

So we now all agree Tinubu schooled in Chicago

My brother i fear Nigeria politics, no body is talking about scoring highest votes during election again , school has confirmed he schooled in Chicago state university, but .... Now they have shifted to error on certificate....

My brother na the day you join politics and win an election someone will prove to you that you are not a Nigerian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by kettykin: 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
How is it too late , if you contested on wrong credentials or fake credentials, you'll not only be disqualified, you will go to jail for swearing falsely

58 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by itsme01: 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
jconsulting:

By now I was expecting evidence of rigging in poling unit, witness, Party Agents

Somehow it's incidence that happened 40 years ago that they are arguing

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by AfonjaEmir: 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
Oluwole document forgers
Identity theft merchants
Credit card swappers
Fake Travel document forgers
Fake credential merchants

This kind of act has been in existence since time immemorial. The racket Tinubu used to travel is called 'lo ri ori' meaning travelling with a look alike passport. Using that person's identity to travel. The passport is returned and another person travels with it.

This was before the embassy personnel introduced biometrics capturing. cool

Yoruba are the people that have Finished Nigeria. All the shouts about IGBO drug dealing, aren't compared to Yoruba political elites being certified drug runners.

Agbado propaganda covers the fact that Agbado people are the.most useless persons in that country.

Tinubu has disgraced even the good omoluabi... cool

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by AfonjaEmir: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
But you claimed that PO didn't do anything in Anambra 20yrs ago. Why did you dig up that past?

You see una eh...una don cast angry

itsme01:

By now I was expecting evidence of rigging in poling unit, witness, Party Agents

25 Likes

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by bhella10: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
Atiku is frustrated running helter skelter along with the Anambra failure looking for a missing manhood erm erm.. sorry Mandate. Atiku will lule home and abroad grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by AfonjaEmir: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
Go wash you pant..it's smelling.. cool

bhella10:
Atiku is frustrated running helter skelter along with the Anambra failure looking for a missing manhood erm erm.. sorry Mandate. Atiku will lule home and abroad grin

15 Likes

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by AntiTerrorist: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
itsme01:

How do you sleep at night? I wonder how your life would be in the nearest future. Agbado Ponu.

14 Likes

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by Donwilson88: 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
Whats the meaning of “its too late”
Mtchhhwwmmm! Nigeria happens to be the most peaceful country ever! This cannot be happening in an arabic country hmmmph! Somebody for don wear bomb blow some certain places!!

Tinubu Na Tinubu money Na money!
Arise’ o compatriot!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by itsme01: 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
AfonjaEmir:
But you claimed that PO didn't do anything in Anambra 20yrs ago. Why did you dig up that past?

You see una eh...una don cast angry

Where and when did I claim PO didn't do anything in Anambra 20 years ago

Abeg screenshot and show me

Lie Lie LiePob , Lienus Obi supporters

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by bhella10: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
AfonjaEmir:
Go wash you pant..it's smelling.. cool

Do you sniff around people's undies? I don't wear pant

6 Likes

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by itsme01: 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
How do you sleep at night? I wonder how your life would be in the nearest future. Agbado Ponu.

I sleep with my AC set to 20° just as I like it, my life is great because I work hard for it and am not on the internet with hateful name attacking people with different opinion from labour party, while attracting curse to themselves because of Obi

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by Newton2024: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
bhella10:
Do you sniff around people's undies? I don't wear pant
Don't derail please. The issue is why is Tinubu hiding his certificate?

103 Likes

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by Newton2024: 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2023
itsme01:

I sleep with my AC set to 20° just as I like it, my life is great because I work hard for it and am not on the internet with hateful name attacking people with different opinion from labour party, while attracting curse to themselves because of Obi

Only an idiot believe his own lies. Just dey deceive yourself grin

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by Laggafin: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hmmm
Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by OkCornel(m): 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
The less Tinubu talks, the better.

The gaffes are becoming too much to explain away.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by Chizaam2008: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
AfonjaEmir:
Oluwole document forgers
Identity theft merchants
Credit card swappers
Fake Travel document forgers
Fake credential merchants

This kind of act has been in existence since time immemorial. The racket Tinubu used to travel is called 'lo ri ori' meaning travelling with a look alike passport. Using that person's identity to travel. The passport is returned and another person travels with it.

This was before the embassy personnel introduced biometrics capturing. cool

Yoruba are the people that have Finished Nigeria. All the shouts about IGBO drug dealing, aren't compared to Yoruba political elites being certified drug runners.

Agbado propaganda covers the fact that Agbado people are the.most useless persons in that country.

Tinubu has disgraced even the good omoluabi... cool

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by Factoryfitted: 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
cool

Ègbon Yekini if you have nothing to hide then stop running around from one mouse-hole to another like Jerry being chased by Tom. You say you got a first class from Chicago, ehn, so what are you afraid of, è-jo?

4 Likes

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by bhella10: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Newton2024:
Don't derail please. The issue is why is Tinubu hiding his certificate?
Go to UCS! Be like Reno.

3 Likes

Re: 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu by 7lives: 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
iSense247:

Gazette ko Gonzalo ni.
Awon werey.
E sunkun si koroba.

87 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zakir Naik And Nigerian 'Muslim Airforce' At Abuja Airport / Niger-Delta Militants Bomb Pipeline In Under Water Attack / APC Rules Out Statutory Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.