Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,947 members, 7,956,569 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia (4614 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by loabb2(m): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2011
The Technical Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, wants Samson Siasia sacked as Eagles coach after he failed to qualify for the 2012 Nations Cup.

Stephen Keshi
MTNFootball.com reported early today that the committee, headed by Chris Green, also recommended that former coach of the Hawks of Togo, ex-international Stephen Keshi be appointed in a caretaker capacity before a competent foreign coach is hired for the country’s international team.

The committee believes that shopping for a foreign coach may take longer than necessary with the Eagles due to play a 2013 Nations Cup qualifier in January.

According to top officials, Siasia has a four-year contract, which clearly stipulated that he qualifies Nigeria to at least the semi-final of the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations for it to remain valid.

Last Saturday, the Eagles failed to reach even the Nations Cup finals for the first time in 25 years. Besides not meeting this target, his managerial and technical skills were also questioned.

“It’s obvious that this man cannot handle this team,” said a top technical committee member in reference to the highly publicised spats Siasia got into with some of the Eagles top stars like Osaze Odemwingie and Vincent Enyeama.

The Aminu Maigari-led executive committee of the NFF is now expected to meet next week to deliberate on these recommendations.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/14/keshi-tipped-to-replace-siasia/
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
I hope not,

He has failed with Togo and Mali and another team,
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by naso2(m): 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2011
God forbid.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by loabb2(m): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
Na so u hate Keshi reach ? lol
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
Na so u hate Keshi reach ? lol

Why should he manage Nigeria when he has already failed with Togo and Mali? its not that he failed with Brazil and Spain, its like he failed at the apprentice level
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by Chidexkeke(m): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2011
Hahahaha, NFF keeps sackin nd appyn for coaches, Nawa oO, But Siasia U rilly 4ked up oo, lets then try Keshi or any other indigenous coach. For foregn coach, WENGER will b superB!!!
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by ifyalways(f): 10:27am On Oct 15, 2011
I'm all up for sacking Siasia,the unforgiving,gossip and quarellsome market man but sacking him to bring in Keshi ?. . .reminds me of the fish that went from fried fish to charcoal roasted fish.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by brixton: 10:50am On Oct 15, 2011
why are they not talking about Oliseh? This players will defo respect him
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by otokx(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2011
good move, siasia should go
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by Wadosky(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2011
That Nigeria cannot only be attributed to siasia,s incompetence,the media also played a major part in it by blowing some arguments the coach had with his players out of proportion.the last one was the fee mikel wz suppose to pay for reporting to camp late which he refused to pay,the camp was not together,the players were divided,the media didn't help with the pressure already mounted on the players to deliver.I strongly believe in giving siasia a second chance believing he has learnt from his mistakes.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by Mcleo007(m): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2011
Sacking Siasia is not the solution to the plight of the SE. There is more to the problem than meets the eye.

Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by velo10: 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2011
What you guys don't understand is that with Siasia still has Nigeria's coach, expect more beef with players in the future. Also apart from that expect more damage to the international careers of players he doesn't like. Players who have fallen out with him will certainly not enjoy any play in their national team. The fact remains that Siasia is good but he isn't ready for the matured Nigerian national team. He still has a lot to learn and his contract should be terminated in order for him to reflect on how he could become a better coach. Allowing him to continue is like encouraging a bad job to go on.

As for Keshi replacing Siasia, I gladly welcome that idea. Keshi was far more deserving of this position than Siasia in the first place with his success with two African national teams. I believe that with good players, Keshi can perform to the maximum. If this move is effected, I'll gladly sit down and cheer for future Nigerian matches to come

1 Like

Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by tefund(m): 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2011
we do not want keshi a fresh local face would do
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by macroworld: 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2011
I think Siasia should be given another chance. Keshi is ok, but maybe we should not be rushing too quickly to change coaches after a tournament failure. I think the English team is learning its lessons now. Capello is still there after their world cup failure and things seems to be improving.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by moshoodn(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2011
Relativistically, our super eagles squad needs to be overhauled.
Bring a good coach and it would still be the same old story.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by soloqy: 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2011
velo10:

As for Keshi replacing Siasia, I gladly welcome that idea. Keshi was far more deserving of this position than Siasia in the first place with his success with two African national teams. I believe that with good players, Keshi can perform to the maximum. If this move is effected, I'll gladly sit down and cheer for future Nigerian matches to come

Success with which two African teams? Winning what? Getting to where on the Fifa ranks? If they cant get any other person, then SiaSia should remain. Definitely not Keshi. You want the likes of Aiyegbeni to get back to the National team just for knowing how to 'grease palms'?
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2011
moshoodn:

Relativistically, our super eagles squad needs to be overhauled.
Bring a good coach and it would still be the same old story.

Mo gbe!! Satan is a liar!
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2011
I think some people have the memory of a gold fish! This was the same Keshi who was selecting players to start when he was the captain of the SE, actually he started off that culture of players demanding money to play for Nigeria now he is desperate to manage Nigeria! Adebayor saying that local coaches demanding money was pointing his finger indirectly at Keshi.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by abiamahart: 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2011
While Sia-1 did not deliver on his contractual obligation the bulk of the players were not hungry enough to be in the tournament.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by barika2011(m): 12:33am On Oct 16, 2011
NO TO KESHI(motto:cash in and play)
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by velo10: 12:35am On Oct 16, 2011
Ok ooo. Let Siasia continue then. We'll wait for the next player he'll beef, next player he'll fine or the non-tactical substitutions he'll make. It's like the drama in the SE camp gives you guys fun.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by Okijajuju1(m): 12:49am On Oct 16, 2011
Taaaaaaaa!!!

Instead of Keshi, make we no qualif for 2013 Afcon and 2014 world cup, We are trying to rebuild a team not manage the existing rot,
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by BetaThings: 6:46am On Oct 16, 2011
I believe that Siasai should go

But looks like the matter will be decided in Otuoke - blood is thicker than water afterall

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/sport/nigerian-sport/28496-president-jonathan-to-decide-siasias-fate
President Jonathan to decide Siasia’s fate
“Mr. President like every Nigerian I am sure was shocked about this (failure to qualify for Nations Cup). Whatever he decides to do, I will covey it to you. But I cannot pre-empt what he wants to do,” Suleiman told newsmen in Abuja

http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6327:jonathan-to-decide-siasias-fate&catid=316:football&Itemid=655

Yusuf said yesterday in Abuj a that, the Sports Commission is aware of the planned meeting of the Nigeria Football Federation today, but they have been clearly informed that, Mr President will be involved in the decision that would be taken.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by velo10: 6:54am On Oct 16, 2011
Okija_juju:

Taaaaaaaa!!!

Instead of Keshi, make we no qualif for 2013 Afcon and 2014 world cup, We are trying to rebuild a team not manage the existing rot,
I was right, some people are okay with the performace of our super chickens

BetaThings:

I believe that Siasai should go

But looks like the matter will be decided in Otuoke - blood is thicker than water afterall

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/sport/nigerian-sport/28496-president-jonathan-to-decide-siasias-fate
President Jonathan to decide Siasia’s fate
“Mr. President like every Nigerian I am sure was shocked about this (failure to qualify for Nations Cup). Whatever he decides to do, I will covey it to you. But I cannot pre-empt what he wants to do,” Suleiman told newsmen in Abuja

http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6327:jonathan-to-decide-siasias-fate&catid=316:football&Itemid=655

Yusuf said yesterday in Abuj a that, the Sports Commission is aware of the planned meeting of the Nigeria Football Federation today, but they have been clearly informed that, Mr President will be involved in the decision that would be taken.

I f that be the situation, I give up lipsrsealed
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by Beston12: 11:08am On Oct 16, 2011
Just passing by
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by Afam4eva(m): 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
Stephen Okechukwu Keshi has an ok record by qualifying then for their first ever world cup. But I don't think he's the best man for the job. The problem is that this NFF people like playing with Nigerian football. In as much as I feel we have good coaches in Nigeria, we should get a foreign coach that has a track record of success. People like Gius Hiddink, Van der Vert and I'm thinking Arsene Wenger. He has the capability of building young Nigerian players for the future. We've seen what he's been able to do with Arsenal.
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by MMM2(m): 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2011
na wa o shocked
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by SuyaEater(m): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2011
hire a dutch coach, because all these nigerian coaches too kolo
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by soma042(m): 9:35am On Oct 17, 2011
keshi in a rush .
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by velo10: 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
afam4eva:

Stephen Okechukwu Keshi has an ok record by qualifying then for their first ever world cup. But I don't think he's the best man for the job. The problem is that this NFF people like playing with Nigerian football. In as much as I feel we have good coaches in Nigeria, we should get a foreign coach that has a track record of success. People like Gius Hiddink, Van der Vert and I'm thinking Arsene Wenger. He has the capability of building young Nigerian players for the future. We've seen what he's been able to do with Arsenal.

I doubt if Nigeria is ready to spend that much
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by phreakabit(m): 7:33am On Oct 18, 2011
E no go happen! This one na from frying pan to petrol and back into the fire. This Guy has no coaching knowledge whatsoever!
Re: Keshi Tipped To Replace Siasia by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2011
Trust Nairalanders and their BS excuses, they will be back here to Crucify Keshi for failure - is this trend not suspicious !

(1) (2) (Reply)

England Vs Croatia / Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. / If Mikel Score's A Goal This Season What Would You Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.