Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,815 members, 7,844,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette (548 Views)

CSU Records: Tinubu Submitted Forged Documents To INEC, Atiku’s Aide Alleges / 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu / Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by NotProphet: 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hide my Chicago university records to prevent Nigerian bloggers from tarnishing my image, Tinubu tells U.S. court

Bola Tinubu has urged a U.S. court to conceal his Chicago State University (CSU) records because his reputation as Nigerian president is at risk of further being tainted by Nigerian bloggers, court filings obtained by Peoples Gazette show.

Mr Tinubu has fiercely opposed an application for order to direct discovery of his CSU credentials, claiming that releasing them is tantamount to arming Nigerian bloggers with information to discredit and weaken his reputation.

According to Mr Tinubu, previous records the school released in 2022 to Nigerian lawyer Mike Enahoro-Ebah have been turned into weapons by “bloggers to attack” his character.

“If the purpose of the application is to uncover ‘opposition research’ or provide fodder fornews bloggers, then it is not proper,” asserted Mr Tinubu through his team of attorneys led by Oluwole Afolabi and Chicago-based Charles Carmichael on August 23 in response to the application filed by Atiku Abubakar, a major contender at the February 25 presidential election in Nigeria.

“In politics, opposition research (also called oppo research) is the practice of collecting information on a political opponent or other adversary that can be used to discredit or otherwise weaken them,” Mr Tinubu’s lawyers explained.

Mr Abubakar had asked the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois to subpoena CSU into releasing Mr Tinubu’s records in order to clarify glaring inconsistencies in his gender, graduation date, age and so on but the president is fighting desperately to block the application.

While responding to a previous subpoena in 2022, CSU had provided Mr Ebah with records that showed a certain Bola Tinubu, born March 29, 1954, who attended the school at the same period as Mr Tinubu claimed in the 1970s, was a female. He also recently expunged his primary and secondary education from his records after it was discovered that the primary and secondary schools he listed under oath in his 1999 run for Lagos governor did not exist anywhere in Nigeria.

Mr Abubakar believed the requested records would show which early and high school papers Mr Tinubu submitted to CSU before he was admitted to study there.

CSU’s response was first published on independent journalist David Hundeyin’s website in 2022 where bloggers picked it up and circulated it to almost every Nigerian. The gender controversy dominated social platforms like Twitter, now called X, where majority questioned the eligibility of Mr Tinubu to run for presidency and raised concerns on the allegation of perjury.

“Those proceedings centre around a self-proclaimed Nigerian ‘public interest litigator’ who utilised a Chicago law firm to unilaterally (without court approval) issue a subpoena to Chicago State University “to test the truth and veracity of Mr Tinubu’s assertions . . . that he attended various educational institutions located in the Chicagoland Area,” said the president’s lawyers.

“Chicago State University then purportedly provided documents in response. Those documents have apparently been utilised by the public interest litigator and bloggers to attack President Tinubu’s character,” the lawyers pointed out, fearing the same fate awaits the release of the Nigerian leader’s records to Mr Abubakar.

Mr Abubakar said he intends to use findings from CSU to strengthen his argument at the presidential elections petitions tribunal in Nigeria that Mr Tinubu’s declaration as president by INEC should be nullified based on damning allegations of perjury, narcotics dealing, electoral fraud and so on.

https://gazettengr.com/hide-my-chicago-university-records-to-prevent-nigerian-bloggers-from-tarnishing-my-image-tinubu-tells-u-s-court/

1 Like

Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by Alchemy528: 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2023
He hates disgrace but he is disgracing our country,
Abeg court do the needful by posting it on media's

Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by taylor88(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
undecided
Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by Jackson619007: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
How true is this news?
If it's true then our President has a lot to explain. 🤦

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by jerk: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
He will surely go to jail grin
Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by garfield1: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
jerk:
He will surely go to jail grin

After ruling 8 years

1 Like

Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by LuQuLuQu(m): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Who is this man for fork sake?
Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by gaby(m): 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hahaha

Bobo Chicago does not want you bloggers' eyes to be tainted by his outstanding academic credentials so that you'll be able to see and admire the wonders of his reign....lol

What comedy.

And one of the lawyers representing him in the U.S. is ironically named "Oluwole".

Did his lawyers even take out time to re-read their written submission before turning it in or them don run out of steam?

This sounds more like an "we don tire to defend this thing, anything wey wan happen make e happen abeg" kinda of submission.

Tinubu was successfully told on and sold out by people within his inner circles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by Feintline: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
Tinubu sends trutharena aka criminalassistant to put out nonsense while he does everything possible to hide his real identity.

1 Like

Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by Racoon(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
A criminal asking that his criminal way of life should be hidden? It is like fetching water with a basket. Thank God this is not Nigeria like the absconding of the Govt College Ibadan school principal when the Tinubu false submissions to INEC were bursted.
Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by Racoon(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
A criminal asking that his criminal way of life should be hidden? It is like fetching water with a basket. Thank God this is not Nigeria like the absconding of the Govt College Ibadan school principal when the Tinubu false submissions to INEC were bursted in 1999.
Bola Tinubu has urged a U.S. court to conceal his Chicago State University (CSU) records because his reputation as Nigerian president is at risk of further being tainted by Nigerian bloggers, court filings obtained by Peoples Gazette show.
Just imagine a public figure telling us what to do with him? Meanwhile, why would a first class accountancy graduate of a university would be desperately hiding his academic records from public scrutiny if he not criminally minded?
Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by slivertongue: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Tinubu is scared of the truth.
Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by OkCornel(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2023
Like I mentioned earlier, the less Tinubu talks on this CSU matter the better.

He’s giving an impression of desperately trying to hide something.

And for Tinubu supporters, it’s better to be silent on the matter and gloat afterwards if indeed there are no issues with his underlying credentials, rather than defend him passionately only to later find out there’s really skeleton in the cupboard…to your utmost embarrassment.
Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by wakaman: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
All these people Don run mad
Re: Hide My Chicago University Records - Tinubu Tell Court - People's Gazette by ivolt: 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

George Galloway Obliterates An Agbado Creature / Is APC using local media to falsely authente Tinubu's Released Academic Records? / Understanding The Military Tactics Of Simon Ekpa And Nnamdi Kanu- Analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.