Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,061 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man (31781 Views)

Man Finishes A Big Lump Of Food And Chicken To Win 100k (video And Photos) / See What Almajiri Brought In My House In Exchange For Food to eat (photos) / Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by simfrost90210: 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
sad it's not a surprise but it's a pity
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Ayosman1: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
Yet they voted for APC and Tinubu. Rubbish
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Sultty(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrmayoh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnGqq5aJVx0?si=BV1NHampUf46urzj[/url]
The video of almajiri children scrambling for the remnants of food left by a man in Karonmajigi, Nigeria has gone viral, sparking outrage and sadness. The video shows the children, some of whom are barefoot and visibly malnourished, fighting over scraps of food.

Almajiri is a system of Islamic education in northern Nigeria. Under this system, young boys (4 years old and above) are sent to live with Islamic teachers, called malams, and receive Islamic knowledge. However, many almajiri children are not properly cared for by their malams and are forced to beg for food on the streets.

The video is a reminder of the plight of almajiri children in Nigeria. They are often neglected and abused, and they lack access to basic necessities like food, shelter, and education.

The parents of these children are partly to be blamed for their situation. They are the ones who send their children to live with malams just to avoid their responsibility whereas their children can seek for Islamic knowledge within their community. However, the government also bears some responsibility. They have not done enough to regulate the almajiri system.

Northern leaders need to courageously ban Almajiri because it has outlived its purpose.
Nigeria has gone to the dogs lipsrsealed
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Villa12(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nazgul:

It's done by poor northern Muslims who marry many wives and give birth to children they can't take care of. The children are sent to Islamic schools from a tender age which are being run by the state government.

Upon attaining the age of 12 and above, the females amongst them are married off to suitors old enough to be their grandfathers, while the males are left to beg, rob, steal, hussle...etc just to survive.

It would look like a horrible way to live to a southerner like you, but the northern leaders don't care. All they care about is their continuous domination as the most populated region in Nigeria. Even if 90% of that population are living in abject poverty, their leaders are less concerned. They would keep encouraging the poorest amongst them to keep producing kids. Cos more kids means more population which is a key factor for winning elections cos they'll always boast of having numerical strength and therefore can determine who would become president. An act which has continually made southern candidates crawl to them for alliance.

If not that the South aren't United I don't see any reason why we should be joined together in one country with those people.
Their government even do free wedding for those willing to settle down but no money grin

1 Like

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Parachoko: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
bizzle2:

LOL the same Anambra , that was rated best in rural road network during his tenure?

the same Anambra the voted him in twice?
Lol

Even Yahaya Bello and Ikpeazu were reelected grin

List out 15 State Roads that were constructed by Pandora still standing today. Don't forget to tell me how many KM each of the road is.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by DDDDDav: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrvitalis:
And when Peter Obi talk about the poverty in the North they say he is calling them poor

Na Obi I blame sha... If I was him I would never contest never... What for

Honestly! I share thesame sentiment with you
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by survivor10(m): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrvitalis:
And when Peter Obi talk about the poverty in the North they say he is calling them poor

I just wish Tinubu should rule for 8 years and Peter Obi, one of the saints in Nigeria politics of today should face his business and continue making money.

1 Like

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by descarado: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
During election campaign, u will see their oliticians reaching out to them.
Nigerians are extremely selfish and wicked.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by kambili999(f): 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Sad?
More than half of these kids will eventually die off before adulthood. It's a survival of the fittest and their leaders are using it for their advantage. Impoverish them and they'll do your bidding.
It's a shame what some stupid ideology can do. Visiting the north gave me a better perspective. Their parents chose that life.
Can't waste my emotions on this.
hei. What a world we live in undecided
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Ashez: 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
What more needs to be said?
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Ironi: 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wao !!!

Nigeria has serious problems, I think it’s the biggest shithole in Africa!

Instead of focusing and dealing with your problems, you are running around forming the giant of Africa !

This is pathetic and scary.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by gentlesmithugo(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Imert:
Those of you (Nyamiris) in the house shouting obo, Obi, north do this are poorer than those almajiris, st#pit elements
come to Anambra and eat d remaining foods meant for d dog.no matter how poor Anambra can be.dey can't be as poor as dose northern parasites.after eating those remnants food,u will dilute it with grass as usual.fool
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Bfly: 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Any Nigerian president must collect
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by survivor10(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
Allisgud:
Mumu people,they are Nigeria problem,make buhari come again they will still collect 500 and vote him in,this people need to be joined together with Niger republic
Remove them from Nigeria for just a year, and watch them become like Niger Republic, 2nd poorest nation on earth.

That's why they always shout on top of their voices, "ONE NIGERIA", with deep seated hatred for tribes from the southern part of the country, even middle-belt tribes are not spared.

This can't be forever. One day is one day!

1 Like

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by mrvitalis(m): 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
Incognito403:

Struck a nerve, did I?
Illogical reasoning would always annoy me
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Patode: 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hunger is no respecter of tribe. I remember when I was working in Escravos in 2001, during lunch break people from the village will be hangimg around the windows. Once lunch is over, they'll rush in and start eating the remnants. Escravos is in the South-South region of Nigeria. This continued for a long time, until the Company restricted access to the work camp.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by themanderon: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
Their governors are in Rwanda for jamboree using scarce resources. If you ask them to protest against bad governance the same governors will deceive them the protest is antiislam and they will start fighting against people fighting for them. It's a hopeless situation.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by AlwaysPositive: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
Parachoko:
He should not contest again because of how he failed in Anambra State.

A man who threaten to sack Anambra Civil Servants because they were asking him to pay them according to the National Minimum wage does not deserve to become the President.

Under his watch, Anambarians became more Poorer.

He gave Security Agencies the Freedom to Execute Anambarians

Nigerians won't vote a failure.

Pandora Will Never rule Nigeria

What harm did Asiwaju do to Igbos?

So nah Asiwaju command Uche Nwafor the DPO of Akwzu SARS to kill Igbo Youths extrajudicially and throw their bodies into the River? Uche Nwafor was rewarded by Obi and APGA for the extrajudicial killings of Anambarians, he was made a Special Adviser.

I was expecting you to blame the Igbos for the hunger in your community...
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by rickyrex(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
Parachoko:

A man who threaten to sack Anambra Civil Servants because they were asking him to pay them according to the National Minimum wage does not deserve to become the President.

So nah Asiwaju command Uche Nwafor the DPO of Akwzu SARS to kill Igbo Youths extrajudicially and throw their bodies into the River? Uche Nwafor was rewarded by Obi and APGA for the extrajudicial killings of Anambarians, he was made a Special Adviser.
with your senseless and baseless point. Hope your governor don share the 5billion palliative reach you? Your neck don lin of hunger.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Parachoko: 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
AlwaysPositive:

I was expecting you to blame the Igbos for the hunger in your community...
You're Mistaken me for Someone else.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Emetex22(m): 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
Christistruth03:

Peter Obi should start by first dealing with the Drug Dealers and Prostitutes in his home State
Is it not better to die trying than to live like roaches, tufia,
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by chickenfoot: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Na wa o, there's hunger in the land.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by kiddkash(m): 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
Parachoko:

You always believe everything opposition tells you?
Like will I believe everything Atiku says?
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Longinyamapucci(m): 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
God help them and bless their souls.

They are victim of religion and elites from northern part.

I wish we have a Nigerian president.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by KanwuliaExtra: 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
This must be Niger with sanctions for sure! grin
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Parachoko: 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
kiddkash:

You always believe everything opposition tells you?
Like will I believe everything Atiku says?
Majority Of Nigerians believe, that's why Asiwaju is the President Of Nigeria.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by izubext007: 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
people who won't allow the right person rule , scrambling for food like Agric chicken
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by lawani: 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
Many of the parents of these kids are millionaires. People like Aminu Dantata were certainly brought up with Almajiri education. They teach them Ajami writing and mathematics, Islam religion and etc. It made the Jihad easy because all the youth were radicalized. The system is handover your son to a mallam and he will be following the Mallam around until graduation and they will be supported by the masses. Upon graduation, I think standard payment to teacher is one big ram and if you get twenty big rams a year apart from gifts then you are good. It is a hot climate and the kids are not really at risk but if they can at least modernize it fir it to be equivalent to primary school while they are taught modern subjects before secondary school, it will be better for the society but the best bet is to abandon the system and have government funded education to any level. It is however the system that has been producing Hausa scholars even Professors for the last five centuries. Nowadays it is outdated and it should at the minimum be modernized. Every human being can be a PhD for now all Hausas are literate if only in Ajami in the past they could go to Timbuktu Morocco, Egypt and even Andalusia for further studies but nobody is operating at that frequency anymore
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by fcbelle72(f): 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrmayoh:

The video of almajiri children scrambling for the remnants of food left by a man in Karonmajigi, Nigeria has gone viral, sparking outrage and sadness. The video shows the children, some of whom are barefoot and visibly malnourished, fighting over scraps of food.

Almajiri is a system of Islamic education in northern Nigeria. Under this system, young boys (4 years old and above) are sent to live with Islamic teachers, called malams, and receive Islamic knowledge. However, many almajiri children are not properly cared for by their malams and are forced to beg for food on the streets.

The video is a reminder of the plight of almajiri children in Nigeria. They are often neglected and abused, and they lack access to basic necessities like food, shelter, and education.

The parents of these children are partly to be blamed for their situation. They are the ones who send their children to live with malams just to avoid their responsibility whereas their children can seek for Islamic knowledge within their community. However, the government also bears some responsibility. They have not done enough to regulate the almajiri system.

Northern leaders need to courageously ban Almajiri because it has outlived its purpose.

Shame on those who claim they are born to rule,
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by EmekaA125(m): 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrvitalis:

If I were** him, I wouldn't have contested.
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by onomeabuja: 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrmayoh:

The man eating is using his presence for ritual for money....no normal grown up man will eat on d ground
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by EmekaA125(m): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
New word alert 🚨’heartrending’
Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator / African Civet, Grass Cutter: The Bush Animals God Of The Forest Blessed Us With / The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.