Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,972 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Adjusted - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adjusted (2392 Views)

..... / Are Jehovahs Witnesses D Best Religion On D Earth? / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusted by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2012
ijawkid:

This whole discussion can't be over discussed

We love both Yahweh and the one whom he sent Jesus.......

We preach about Jesus,but ultimately about the one who sent HIM..........

And I wanna hear from u how u wuld apply Jesus words when he said preachers of Him will trample on serpents and scorpions......

I wanna here ur own explanation.....

I'm interested......

In all you have said you are yet to answer the 10 questions backed with Scripture that the OP asked. And to the question above, have you come across the words of Jesus Christ to His disciples?

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)

The Scripture explains itself. Have you received the power to crush the devil and his agents under your feet?
Re: Adjusted by ijawkid(m): 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

In all you have said you are yet to answer the 10 questions backed with Scripture that the OP asked. And to the question above, have you come across the words of Jesus Christ to His disciples?

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)

The Scripture explains itself. Have you received the power to crush the devil and his agents under your feet?

Ok let me answer ur question.....

I have received that power.....

I know why i did ask for ur exegesis to that verse....

So far so good I haven't come in contact physically with literal serpents and scorpions....

But symbolically speaking I have definitly treaded on serpents....

TEMPTATIONS and obstacles I sure have trampled on....

If u understand what I mean.........

So tell me about yours........

As for the OP let him go find out who Jesus witnessed about......

Besides I just showed u we witness about Jesus .....

Is it because we are not called Jesus witnesses??

Our actions and what we say shows we witness about Jesus........

U can start a church and call it JESUS witnesses....no wahala.....abi??no be wetin u wan hear??
Re: Adjusted by ijawkid(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2012
I'm a lil busy now....as soon as I'm thru with what I'm doing I'ma give u an instance that can be compared to what we are talking about......

I wanna let u know that Jesus being preached about,is all to get to the 1 who sent him.....
Re: Adjusted by ijawkid(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
@olaadegbu.....

Yeah I'm back...

I will like to hear ur comments on this scripture...

1 corinthians 11:1..........

##New International Version (©1984)
Follow my example, as I follow the example of
Christ.

##New Living Translation (©2007)
And you should imitate me, just as I imitate
Christ.

##English Standard Version (©2001)
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

##New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.

##King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of
Christ.

Are we followers of the apostle paul or followers of Christ??

Would paul be wrong when he said "" BE YE FOLLOWERS OF ME,even as I also am of CHRIST""??

Many skeptics quote this scripture to claim paul was presumpteous and gathering followers for himself...but as a bible student u know what paul meant.....

My point:::::::

If the early christians were following or imitating paul they were in the long run following or imitating Christ who's head of paul....

I don't know if ur getting my point??

Witnesses of Jesus are @ the end of the day Yahwehs witnesses.....since Yahweh is head of Christ.....Yahweh is the ultimate......the apex.....

This is why paul went further to stress this fact @ 1 corinthians 11:3....

##GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
However, I want you to realize that Christ has
authority over every man, a husband has
authority over his wife, and God has authority
over Christ.

##King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But I would have you know, that the head of
every man is Christ; and the head of the
woman is the man; and the head of Christ is
God........

Jehovahs witnesses never joke with this principle of headship......

We love and Follow Christ....but we never neglect the head of Christ.......

Being Jehovahs witnesses only encompasses everything about 1 being a follower of Christ...

After all we are all following Christ to get to the Father....

Abi no be so??
Re: Adjusted by true2god: 11:32am On Aug 21, 2012
The things i observed throughout jesus' earthly:
1: He didnt mention jevoha once. This undermines the significance of the name to the salvation of mankind. The bible says there is no salvation in any other name exxept the name of jesus. I stand to be corrected here if im wrong.
2. 'He called God his father, makin himself equal to the father', dats y the pharisees den were not happy about. He didnt call God jehovah.
3. @ the mention of the name of jesus evry knee must bow, not the name of jehova.
The tetragramaton 'YHWH' has no vowel and it will be fraudulent to willfully or mistakingly ascribe vowels inside it to sound Jehovah or yahweh. Thats y many bible translators didnt do dat. In conclusion since christ is the cornerstone of the new testament gospel, the name jesus witness would hav be more appropriate than jehovah witness, as an organizatn.
Re: Adjusted by DaMayor1: 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
I would have to agree with poster. Jesus asked a valid question to his disciples even after they had been following him for months: "Who do you say i am"?? from their answers, it is obvious people were and still follow Jesus but dont know who he is. He was and is Jehovah manifest in flesh (1Tim3:16)right before their very eyes. From the bible, it is obvious Jehovah takes upon a name to signify his move at any point in time. The name Jesus (Yahshuah in Hebrew) simply translated means "Jehovah saves". He is in the business of saving now. When he returns according to revelation 19:11-12, He will come with a new name only him knows....Hope this helps
Re: Adjusted by grandstar(m): 2:51am On Sep 06, 2012
true2god: The things i observed throughout jesus' earthly:
1: He didnt mention jevoha once[b](You're wrong here -John 7:6. whats God's name-Psalms 83:18)[/b]. This undermines the significance of the name to the salvation of mankind. The bible says there is no salvation in any other name exxept the name of jesus. I stand to be corrected here if im wrong.(Jesus is our high priest. Does a priest not serve as an intermediary, a mediator?Hebrew 4:14, Hebrew 12:24. If yes, who is the principal and the prospects?
2. 'He called God his father, makin himself equal to the father', dats y the pharisees den were not happy about. He didnt call God jehovah.
3. @ the mention of the name of jesus evry knee must bow, not the name of jehova.(At the conclusion, it is all to Jehovah's glory (1 Corinthians 15;27,28)[/color][color=#000000]
The tetragramaton 'YHWH' has no vowel and it will be fraudulent to willfully or mistakingly ascribe vowels inside it to sound Jehovah or yahweh.(Did you know that Jesus name in Hebrew is pronounced something like Yeshua?) Thats y many bible translators didnt do dat(No. The refusal to use God's name was based on a Jewish superstition which Christendom later adopted. The Jews refused to use God's name based on the wrongful interpretation on what is written in Exodus 20:7. Jesus condemned the Pharisees for twisting the scriptures and therefore making it invalid Mark 7:6-8 ) In conclusion since christ is the cornerstone of the new testament gospel, the name jesus witness would hav be more appropriate than jehovah witness, as an organizatn.
The adoption of the name Jehovah's Witnesses is based on what is written in Isaiah 43:10-12. It is 100% scriptural based
Re: Adjusted by manmacho: 7:47am On Sep 06, 2012
this is worse than i thought, all this about JW rather than Jesus Witness which is the great commission.

i just will like to ask a JW here what is the GOSPEL, and what is it about
Re: Adjusted by BARRISTERS: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Docjay487,

Im surprised that many people on the tread never bother theirself to 'connect the topic' with 'your explanations' and were carried away with the fact that there is a general hatred for the JWS,(jehovah's witnesses),and you have been able to fan some sentiments against the jws by muddling up issues here, what do i mean?

the topic reads(below);

[size=14pt]We Are Called To Be Jesus' Witnesses Not Jehovahs Witnesses[/size]

one would at least expect you to quote the bible verse that jws relied upon to arrive at that name 'Jehovahs Witnesses' since you claim to have listen to them,you need to prove to us that it was jesus that was reffered to using the same verse, and not God jehovah himself.and since you did not have the patience to ask them about the bible verse that they relied upon,because you did not quote any bible verse they showed you, to assume the name,and that should have been subject to correction from the debate, here is the bible verse that they relied upon;

Isaiah 43:10-12
King James Version (KJV)

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.

convieniently the word ''witnesses'' were directed by God to 'a certain people' known here as Gods own people then,which are the isrealites.

Now, the issue here is that since jesus was'nt here on the earth jesus was'nt involved during the time that the statement was made.
And sentiments apart, you Docjay487 knew in your mind that the trinitarians will not agree that God is not jesus, and so trinitarians will be easily 'bought over' here to join in chorus to say that jesus was the same God that was speaking,and i believed that many on the tread have a different opinion to this issue had it been that you come from the angle that your argument rest on trinity basis.,maybe jesus is God or God is jesus is another topic entirely, but the issue here is that of the name 'jehovah's witnesses' which you feel should have been 'jesus witnesses', going by the quoted verse above relied upon by jehovahs witnesses; lets read again;

verse 10;
10[size=14pt] Ye are my witnesses,[/size] saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he:before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: [size=14pt]therefore ye are[i] my witnesses,[/i] saith the Lord, that I am God.[/size]

convieniently without translations above here the word 'ye are my witnesses' was used twice in two verses by God himself,

but here are your explanations below,and after going through all the bible that you quoted not even one can we see the word ''witnesses'' and how people on the tread could not fish that error out is a surprise!

lets see your xplanations below just the way you highlight your points; nowhere was 'a witness to jesus mentioned' in all the verses highlighted below;i mean 21 verses with no mention of 'witnesses of christ' see them again;
In whose name should we meet together? (Matthew 18:20; 1 Corinthians 5:4)

Demons are subject to whose name? (Luke 10:17; Acts 16:18)

Repentance and forgiveness should be preached in whose name? (Luke 24:47)

In whose name are you to believe and receive the forgiveness of sins (John 1:12; 3:16; Acts 10:43; I John 3:23; 5:13)

By whose name, and NO OTHER, do we obtain salvation (Acts 4:12)

Whose name should be invoked as we bring our petitions to God in prayer? (John 14:13, 14; 15:16; 16:23, 24)

In whose name is the Holy Spirit sent? (John 14:26)

Whose name and authority was invoked by the disciples in healing the sick and lame? (Acts 3:16; 4:7-10, 30)

Whose name did Paul tell us to call upon (1 Corinthians 1:2)?

Whose name is above every name (Ephesians 1:21; Philippians 2:9-11)

The answer to each of these questions is Jesus Christ, not Jehovah. We are called to be witnesses of Jesus Christ, not Jehovah (as some claim to be and moreover, 'the only bible based true Religion'.

i think every one should know that while the verses relied upon by the jws in the book of isaiah up there truly have the saying directly the 'ye are my witnesses' it will take a lot of translations to arrive at 'jesus witnesses' with all these 21 verses above that no one of the verse directly mention 'jesus witnesses' as the isaiah 43:10-12 which jws relied on.

One would ask that are jws the isrealites that God was directing the words to? it is not an issue in this case, but the issue here is that God direct his words to a group of people them called the isrealtes,of which he God choose as his special property out of all nations of the world.

The issue now lies on who should receive our worship? is it God or jesus?

JWS believed that jesus,is the son of God, and not God himself, this assertion is also shared by some other christians,but it will not be an issue here because issue of trinity is another topic entirely,so others who dont believe in trinity will agree that isaiah 43:10-12, the one who is talking there is not jesus but God almighty himself.

Now, do jws not recognise jesus?

The truth of the matter here is that many are not patient to hear the view of jws on jesus, and many trinitarians always use the fact that jws do not believe that christ is God almighty, trinitarians seek the surport of other christians who did not believe that christ is God to attack jws, but here are jws belief about jesus;

they believe that 'jesus is the son of God' and not God almighty!

Do jws pray by jesus name? BIG YES! i can say that jws prayer is absolutely incomplete without the mention of jesus name!they recognise jesus as 'whom was sent by God to save humans'.

their prayers always recognise jesus as 'whom to directs prayers through' that is 'a channel' an 'office' of christ jesus, and not that prayers should be directed to jesus,no! it must be 'through jesus' and not 'to jesus' please note these differences for refference sake. there is a difference in 'directing a message to s*one,and through s*one. while the former is the destination of the message,the later is not the destination,note that pls.

how do we know that even after jesus has come and left,we are to still direct our worship to God almighty?
lets use the bible again, this time around is the last book of the bible;

Revelation 1:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 And from [size=14pt]Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness[/size], and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

[size=14pt]Now if jesus is a faithfull witness himself as recorded in rev1:5 above,then whose witness is jesus? answer that in your reply,and dont dodge[/size]!

and who is jesus talking to about manifesting his name below,showing that he bears a witness to Gods name, or is jesus talking to himself?

John 17:6
King James Version (KJV)
[size=14pt]I have manifested thy name [/size]unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

and finally, after jesus has already left for heaven, who did the angel told john to direct his worship,is it jesus? read it yourself;

Revelation 19:10
New King James Version (NKJV)
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. [size=14pt]Worship God![/size] For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

clearly, john was told by the angel to direct his worship to God,recognising jesus only as 'a prophet'.

i think it is logical to say that if JWS recognise God almighty as 'one'God.
They believed that God has a name,and since many of the bible translators ommited the name while translating the hebrew/greek to english language because God's name in these original manuscripts was rendered in four consonants, pronounced YHWH,JHVH,etc, some bible translators ommitted the name completely, while oldest translators like (king james version) not new king james ver. captures JEHOVAH clearly, while some captures 'YHWH' or EL-SHADDAI, lets see that;

(1)
Exodus 6:2-3
New International Version (NIV)

2 God also said to Moses, “I am the Lord. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty,[a] but by my name the Lord[b] I did not make myself fully known to them.

(2)
New King James Version (NKJV)

2 And God spoke to Moses and said to him: “I am the Lord. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name Lord I was not known to them.
(3)

New Living Translation (NLT)

2 And God said to Moses, “I am Yahweh—‘the Lord.’[a] 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty’—but I did not reveal [b]my name, Yahweh, to them
(4)
king james version.
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVA was I not known to them.

reading the 'new verson' of king james number (2) above,
2 And God spoke....... “I am the Lord. 3 I ........ as God Almighty, but by [b[b]]My name Lord[/b][/b] I was not known to them.

Gods name was deliberately removed from the new king james translation,but his name that was not known cannot be 'lord' again when he had earlier declared himself to 'lord', but his name that was not known to those mentioned in the same verse was actualy mentioned in older translation,expecially king james version (old);

''3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVA [/b]was I not known to them.

So,in summarry;
# i think it is logical to say that JWS recognise God almighty as 'one'God.

# They believed that God has a name,and since many of the bible translators ommited the name while translating the hebrew/greek to english language they base their belief on King james old version of Gods name as JEHOVA.

# They based the aquisition of Their name 'Jehovahs Witnesses' partly on;
Isaiah 43:10-12

King James Version (KJV)

10 [b]Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen:
that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

# They believe that christ is Gods son,and not God almighty himself.
# Their chosen name was solely based on the bible (isaiah 43:10-12)above. on why they feel that 'they are the one the words in isaiah was directed to is not an issue here' because the OP has failed in all his 21 quoted verses to show where 'a mention of jesus witnesses' was mentioned but rather his quoted verses was addressing another issue of 'who should our worship be directed to' this assumption is based on the failed verses that he highlightes that does not even bear a witness.

A jehovah witness kept storming me with his teaching that I should always shout jehovah! jehovah!! jehovah !!! to sanctify the name while praying that the name was too and so important that it is necessary(the shouting) to get my prayer answered. I didnt ask for refrences though (I played the ignorant).
I decided to ask him the followig questions but he ran away after getting his faith shaken by a debate about SPIRIT and HELL with me(the next sunday). so am forwarding these to you:

im not a jw! but they dont shout on people, and your assertions above is misleading and meant to fan sentiments against them!

i doubt if it was jw that you said want to run away, because i can equally tackle you with ease and lets see who will run away! i dare you. bring on the hell and spirit issue,open another thread and i will join you,while seing this one to a logical conclusion.
but a note of warning, if you start with insult? im up to the task, address the queries above one by one.

i implore anyone without sentiment to comment, thanks.
Re: Adjusted by oreenbleeydave: 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
I prayer that God shud rebuke all forms of unclean and unseen spirits in the life of u people IN JESUS NAME(AMEN)..GOD IS SUPREME AND HE IS THE GREATEST...too much of words resulted in sin..Plz be very careful my brothers and sisters..what are the qualities of a good christian_A GOOD CHRISTIAN MUST NOT ARGUE OVER ANY THING,COZ QUARREL MiT RESULT There by leadin u to SIN..WHY THE ARGUEMENT?DO U THINK U CAN FIGHT FOR GOD?..COZ U PEOPLE ARE FIGHTIN 4 GOD WIT THE WORDS COMIN OUT OF UR MOUTHS,AM NOT HERE TO SUPPORT OR OPPOSE ANY BODY..GOD IS SUPREME AND IN HIS SON NAME WE ARE CONNECTED WITH HIM..WHAT BELONG TO THE FATHER BELONGS TO HIS SON AND WHAT BELONG TO THE SON BELONGS TO HIS FATHER .JESUS IS COMING SOON..TAKE HEED
Re: Adjusted by Rossikk(m): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
Joagbaje:
God himself answers to the name of Jesus. He didn't invest power in the name Jehovah ,he invested power in the name Jesus.

My goodness you're lost.
Re: Adjusted by oreenbleeydave: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
I pray that God shud rebuke all forms of
unclean and unseen spirits in the life of u
people IN JESUS NAME(AMEN)..GOD IS
SUPREME AND HE IS THE
GREATEST...too much of words resulted
in sin..Plz be very careful my brothers and sisters..what are the qualities of a good
christian_A GOOD CHRISTIAN MUST NOT
ARGUE OVER ANY THING,COZ QUARREL
MiT RESULT There by leadin u to
SIN..WHY THE ARGUEMENT?DO U
THINK U CAN FIGHT FOR GOD?..COZ U PEOPLE ARE FIGHTIN 4 GOD WIT THE
WORDS COMIN OUT OF UR MOUTHS,AM
NOT HERE TO SUPPORT OR OPPOSE
ANY BODY..GOD IS SUPREME AND IN HIS
SON NAME WE ARE CONNECTED WITH
HIM..WHAT BELONG TO THE FATHER BELONGS TO HIS SON AND WHAT
BELONG TO THE SON BELONGS TO HIS
FATHER .JESUS IS COMING
SOON..TAKE HEED
Re: Adjusted by BERNIMOORE: 9:19am On Sep 07, 2012
@Rossikk,

Joagbaje:
God himself answers to the name of Jesus. He didn't invest power in the name Jehovah ,he invested power in the name Jesus.

reply from;Rossikk;

My goodness you're lost.

You dont need to blame joeagbaje for using the word 'invested'

if you go through his posts on NL, he is a tithe preacher! seed sower preacher!i.e... sow a 'car' seed in his church,or better put,'invest in sowing of seeds';firstfruit seed offering ,different from the normal offering, tithe every increase in your income,tithe gifts etc...and you are expected to be rewarded in tripple,just try him, so invest,invest,invest!
so why would God not invest in jesus to pull crowds? jesus is suppose to be a multi-billionare!.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does God Really Exist? / Anita Oyakhilome's Name & Pic Removed From Rhapsody Of Realities / Need To See This Verse!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.