Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison (42783 Views)

Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / My Crazy Uber Experience / Nigerians No Longer Eligible For Visa On Arrival In Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by abobote: 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
T
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
OP srry,e no easy to trade body for favours just to survive its well

2 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by MrBroke(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
This is what fraud does to the victims that these motherfvckers are doing thinking they are smart or it is blessings from God as most professes. $1200 or may be a little bit more was all it took to send an innocent lady to 2 years in prison. The nigga who did it probably thinking he's smart but life doesn't work that way. You sow you reap

4 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by togifon: 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
I travelled to Tanzania in 2018, in search of greener pastures, greener than The green in Nigerias flag. I was skilled and versatile in cosmetics and beauty products in general. So the plan was to establish a multi million dollar cosmetics firm, far away in a country called Tanzania.

I took multi layers of loans from different micro finance banks, friends and relatives. I was able to gather almost 30 million naira. I applied for a Tanzanian visa and it was out in days. I travelled the following week to east Africa with big plans and big dreams. It was a tourist visa, the plan here is to get a working permit so as to establish my dream firm without slowing down.

Little did I know that trouble awaits me in the future. I was able to get a contact of an immigration officer who will help facilitate the transition from tourist to a working visa. I paid over 1200 in USD. In less than 1 week, I had all necessary doc needed in setting up my business. Everything was going on smoothly, business was thriving. I easily made over 2million naira in pure profit in 3 months.

One morning, government officials came to my building requesting for my license and stuff, I smiled while feeding them with all the documentations and licenses. Little did I know that day will be the last day I will be seeing the company I have built up from scratch.

When the officers imputed my details on there system, it showed that all my documents were forged and not authentic. I was handcuffed immediately and sent to their cell, while my case is been arranged for court. After some days, I was sent to court, to cut the long story short, I was charged with forgery, unlicensed production of goods and over stay in Tanzania, I got a 2 year sentence.

Typing…
n d people u borrowed money from how far
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Dialpad: 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2023
Are you sure this is not fiction.... seems it was written by a male posing as female ...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by FuckTheMod: 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 3

One night I had to join her in her escapades because Omo, hunger don scatter my head here. She introduced me to one of the top officers who promised to move us to the vip prison room and also provide us with steady supply of foods and other necessary groceries.

The man was fine (I can’t give all details here to avoid anyone pin pointing who he is)

That night, a guard came to our cell to signal us, we moved quickly towards him and he opened the cell. We walked towards an highly prohibited section of prison meant for only top officers.
This man had a furnished apartment somewhere in the yard. The man did his thing, it was a party.

He gave us 5000 Tanzanian shillings each and a nice bed to sleep on. Omo, that night was the best night ever. His room was air conditioned, the mattress was mattressing. I slept off withing a minute or two. Around 5am(not too sure) he woke us up to return to our cell, accompanied by a guard.

I used my 5k shillings buy proper breakfast, I got ugali (semolina) with plenty sharky stew. I wasn’t going to settle for just food here, I needed freedom or at least an Appeal in court.

Typing
How many rounds did he do?

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by kestolove95(m): 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2023
Family affair... Obidient defraud Obidient

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Reality3080: 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2023
eepeepook:
When story long like this, pure lie.
I stopped reading from d first few lines, u get 30 million n u still comot

That 30 million go do better business here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by ghettowriter(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
Omo, in this life, only the strong will survive, be it in prison or the free world.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Athemisia: 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
PJtech:
OP can lie for africa
Alas!
Someone to spill the truth.
She was just telling tales under the moon light.

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by olusovic10: 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
Op, I know that this your story is far deeper than what you could put out here. Many nights of sorrow and anguish. ...
But what I appreciate is the 'we rise' mindset.

Big ups.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Athemisia: 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2023
Reality3080:

No mind the mofo.... She dey find where she want take start her writing career.

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by samuelson06(m): 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

Thanks for the kind words

Next time someone wants to arrange something for you, don't accept. Approach the right authority and if bounced, forget about that thing.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by DropsMic(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

Have u ever heard frm God?

You dey ask person wey dey suffer from psychosis whether him don hear from God. grin Of course he has heard from God. He has even drank tea with him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by kestolove95(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
D op became ashawo in prison sharing kpekus.. The ashawo business was really booming that she was able to raise money to buy flight ticket

5 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Beastnation(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

Have u ever heard frm God?

This one weak me. As I read the guy comment..
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by OdefaGirl(f): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
I travelled to Tanzania in 2018, in search of greener pastures, greener than The green in Nigerias flag. I was skilled and versatile in cosmetics and beauty products in general. So the plan was to establish a multi million dollar cosmetics firm, far away in a country called Tanzania.

I took multi layers of loans from different micro finance banks, friends and relatives. I was able to gather almost 30 million naira. I applied for a Tanzanian visa and it was out in days. I travelled the following week to east Africa with big plans and big dreams. It was a tourist visa, the plan here is to get a working permit so as to establish my dream firm without slowing down.

Little did I know that trouble awaits me in the future. I was able to get a contact of an immigration officer who will help facilitate the transition from tourist to a working visa. I paid over 1200 in USD. In less than 1 week, I had all necessary doc needed in setting up my business. Everything was going on smoothly, business was thriving. I easily made over 2million naira in pure profit in 3 months.

One morning, government officials came to my building requesting for my license and stuff, I smiled while feeding them with all the documentations and licenses. Little did I know that day will be the last day I will be seeing the company I have built up from scratch.

When the officers imputed my details on there system, it showed that all my documents were forged and not authentic. I was handcuffed immediately and sent to their cell, while my case is been arranged for court. After some days, I was sent to court, to cut the long story short, I was charged with forgery, unlicensed production of goods and over stay in Tanzania, I got a 2 year sentence.

Typing…

Heweeyy
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by israelmao(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
I like your piecemeal storytelling it will encourage lazy readers to read.

4 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Fearyourcreator: 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

Beauty and cosmetics strive 10x in Africa than in Europe. I know what I am saying.

Not all businesses are well suited for the west, I did my research before delving in. If I wasn’t arrested, my brand would have been one of the best in Africa. But we move.

I own one of the top skincare brand in Nigeria. I won’t mention the name to avoid village people wahala
Na why people here dey make me laugh... They do like they know better than you like you just woke up and just took a decision without thinking...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by beejay85: 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
oyewale0001:

Like after getting that amount of money, 30m.

You choose Tanzania as the next destination to establish yourself. To me, you settle for less.

Spending such amount of money in any advance country in Europe would have being more better story by now. But all hope is not lose. As long as you got your freedom back. That if your story is even true.

Not everyone appreciate migrating to Europe,USA or Canada..
A friend of mine will always tell me when we speak that Nairobi Kenya is his own America grin and won't trade it for any other place...Na him know wetin he see for kenya

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Reality3080: 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

1 week to my release date, I received various death threats from all corners. The prison warden which I slept with also started acting crazy.

The guy think say prison na my house because he was sad and convinced me to stay back, abi you Dey mad ni Omo prison warden.

How do you expect me to give up my freedom and chose to stay in prison. Since the threats was coming left and right, I had to personally request to be moved to a different prison. But it was bounced.

The night to my release was the longest night. I couldn’t sleep all night because I don’t know what’s next for me. I stayed up all night.

Finally it was day break, 6am sharp, I was called up after doing all paper works and stuff. I booked a flight straight to MMIA Lagos from my savings in prison + other money at hand.

I was to be deported immediately. Police men took me to the airport like a celebrity, stayed with me till my flight was due.

They watched me enter the ✈️. I smiled and told one of the guys “I will be back”.

The story is longer than this but I had to summarize everything. I learnt a lot of lessons in my time in Tanzania, nobody loves Nigerians. They might like our music and movies but the hatred for Nigerians is very real.

Stay safe, stay blessed and be wise. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tag nairaland mods.
u get 30 million n u can’t do your thing in Nigeria?

Nawah for u people oo, if to say u stay naija with that your 30 million u go don become big name by now

I guess u are team japa by all means

No problem sha u learnt your lesson d hard way

3 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Morbeta11(m): 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

1 week to my release date, I received various death threats from all corners. The prison warden which I slept with also started acting crazy.

The guy think say prison na my house because he was sad and convinced me to stay back, abi you Dey mad ni Omo prison warden.

How do you expect me to give up my freedom and chose to stay in prison. Since the threats was coming left and right, I had to personally request to be moved to a different prison. But it was bounced.

The night to my release was the longest night. I couldn’t sleep all night because I don’t know what’s next for me. I stayed up all night.

Finally it was day break, 6am sharp, I was called up after doing all paper works and stuff. I booked a flight straight to MMIA Lagos from my savings in prison + other money at hand.

I was to be deported immediately. Police men took me to the airport like a celebrity, stayed with me till my flight was due.

They watched me enter the ✈️. I smiled and told one of the guys “I will be back”.

The story is longer than this but I had to summarize everything. I learnt a lot of lessons in my time in Tanzania, nobody loves Nigerians. They might like our music and movies but the hatred for Nigerians is very real.

Stay safe, stay blessed and be wise. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tag nairaland mods.

Just pray you recover all your loses faster....its not your fault dear.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by FILEBE(m): 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2023
This should feature in an episode of "BANGED UP ABROAD".

3 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by lexy2014: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 3

One night I had to join her in her escapades because Omo, hunger don scatter my head here. She introduced me to one of the top officers who promised to move us to the vip prison room and also provide us with steady supply of foods and other necessary groceries.

The man was fine (I can’t give all details here to avoid anyone pin pointing who he is)

That night, a guard came to our cell to signal us, we moved quickly towards him and he opened the cell. We walked towards an highly prohibited section of prison meant for only top officers.
This man had a furnished apartment somewhere in the yard. The man did his thing, it was a party.

He gave us 5000 Tanzanian shillings each and a nice bed to sleep on. Omo, that night was the best night ever. His room was air conditioned, the mattress was mattressing. I slept off withing a minute or two. Around 5am(not too sure) he woke us up to return to our cell, accompanied by a guard.

I used my 5k shillings buy proper breakfast, I got ugali (semolina) with plenty sharky stew. I wasn’t going to settle for just food here, I needed freedom or at least an Appeal in court.

Typing

Share pictures of all the above
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Sonofgod1990(m): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2023
[I will like to help youquote author=Anitatunde post=125462622]I travelled to Tanzania in 2018, in search of greener pastures, greener than The green in Nigerias flag. I was skilled and versatile in cosmetics and beauty products in general. So the plan was to establish a multi million dollar cosmetics firm, far away in a country called Tanzania.

Typing…[/quote]
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Psady(m): 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Reality3080:

please no offense, which country av u ever travelled to?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by seborrhic: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
I . Everything was going on smoothly, business was thriving. I easily made over 2million naira in pure profit in 3 months.
This is when your story turned out to be a fabrication of your imagination.
Going to a country you don't know to establish a business like cosmetics and within just the first 3 months of your going,you had already got a premises,got a business permit,paid appropriate fees,built clientele and made profit of that margin.
Let's wait for for the next instalment of this fabrication.

7 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by omoadeleye(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
You said they don't love Nigerians but you still promise to go back.

2 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Reality3080: 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
Athemisia:

No mind the mofo.... She dey find where she want take start her writing career.
even many people wey dey form big men for our area no get 30 million

So I go see 30 million for my account now na to travel I go come dey reason

With 30 million I b boss for naija

Na to open many branches for my shop n delve into my favorite agricultural business big time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Sonofgod1990(m): 3:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

Typing…
I will like to help you
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Princedapace(m): 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2023
But how did u process their visa the wrong way? I mean their work visa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Ore-lagos Express Way, 8 People Confirmed Dead (photos) / Chain Reaction Accident Hit Truck, Cars At Dolphins - Osborne Road, Ikoyi Lagos / 350ft Tall Artificial Waterfall On The Outside Of A Skyscraper In China(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.