Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison (42786 Views)

Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / My Crazy Uber Experience / Nigerians No Longer Eligible For Visa On Arrival In Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by GorillaApp(m): 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

1 week to my release date, I received various death threats from all corners. The prison warden which I slept with also started acting crazy.

The guy think say prison na my house because he was sad and convinced me to stay back, abi you Dey mad ni Omo prison warden.

How do you expect me to give up my freedom and chose to stay in prison. Since the threats was coming left and right, I had to personally request to be moved to a different prison. But it was bounced.

The night to my release was the longest night. I couldn’t sleep all night because I don’t know what’s next for me. I stayed up all night.

Finally it was day break, 6am sharp, I was called up after doing all paper works and stuff. I booked a flight straight to MMIA Lagos from my savings in prison + other money at hand.

I was to be deported immediately. Police men took me to the airport like a celebrity, stayed with me till my flight was due.

They watched me enter the ✈️. I smiled and told one of the guys “I will be back”.

The story is longer than this but I had to summarize everything. I learnt a lot of lessons in my time in Tanzania, nobody loves Nigerians. They might like our music and movies but the hatred for Nigerians is very real.

Stay safe, stay blessed and be wise. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tag nairaland mods.
Wow. Quite intense. I feel your pain. It's well. Keep your heads up.
Love you my sister
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by beejay85: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Katcall:
kenya gals sabi fùck. You are missing
grin grin
You are a very very bad boy cool cool
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Satanistx: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

mprison.

Anyway we move, since she was very pretty, she usual gets favors from the wardens. She usually spend most of her nights with guards. She was living large and getting favors.

Typing
them dey Bleep am?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by hobat4cash(m): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
madscientist88:
yeah most nigerians are all of those positive things you mentioned, but you have ignored the fact that some nigerians have an evil domineering and corrupt phase on the slate, often bitting more than they can digest,certain nigerians puppeteer people and if you dont tame them they become an inferno.na we sabi create gangs and run cartel,you wont even know its run by a Nigerian. my advice to you is study safe places for people of your race before traveling to any place on earth. great to know you made positive returns on the kids book you made,if i was you,id be thinking on moving to Norway or Vienna with that kind 9f money to start a new trade.
Guy relax, there is no country that does not have it's fair share of criminals and miscreants, ours just seems to be much cos Nigeria has a very large population, hence a higher probability of having more criminals. Besides there are documented cases of other black people claiming to be Nigerians when caught in the act when they are not upon investigation.

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Satanistx: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

Over 5000usd. My book ranked very high back in 2018. Till today I still gather 200-600usd in sales per month
I need rhis was another fake shir
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Michaelkelvin1(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nice story and funny 🤣🤣

Anitatunde:
I travelled to Tanzania in 2018, in search of greener pastures, greener than The green in Nigerias flag. I was skilled and versatile in cosmetics and beauty products in general. So the plan was to establish a multi million dollar cosmetics firm, far away in a country called Tanzania.

I took multi layers of loans from different micro finance banks, friends and relatives. I was able to gather almost 30 million naira. I applied for a Tanzanian visa and it was out in days. I travelled the following week to east Africa with big plans and big dreams. It was a tourist visa, the plan here is to get a working permit so as to establish my dream firm without slowing down.

Little did I know that trouble awaits me in the future. I was able to get a contact of an immigration officer who will help facilitate the transition from tourist to a working visa. I paid over 1200 in USD. In less than 1 week, I had all necessary doc needed in setting up my business. Everything was going on smoothly, business was thriving. I easily made over 2million naira in pure profit in 3 months.

One morning, government officials came to my building requesting for my license and stuff, I smiled while feeding them with all the documentations and licenses. Little did I know that day will be the last day I will be seeing the company I have built up from scratch.

When the officers imputed my details on there system, it showed that all my documents were forged and not authentic. I was handcuffed immediately and sent to their cell, while my case is been arranged for court. After some days, I was sent to court, to cut the long story short, I was charged with forgery, unlicensed production of goods and over stay in Tanzania, I got a 2 year sentence.

Typing…
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by AngelicBeing: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2023
descarado:

Angel, did you visit Nigeria recently. I am so skeptical about going home. Was looking forward to it before but now, i dont know.
No, I have not gone to Nigeria of recent.

The Happenings in Nigeria is sickening, devastating, and very unfortunate

Diasporans often look at visiting Nigeria but with the daily quagmire and bitter reports coming out Daily from Nigeria is enough reason to think twice about visiting Nigeria

If you don't have any significant or important things to do in Nigeria, it's better to jettisoned the idea for now

Nigeria don cast, l feel so sorry for all my friends, relatives, family members etc that are trapped in the terrible conditions in Nigeria

Home is where you have peace of mind and you are able to fulfill your God ordained destiny and if that home is found in Antarctica, I will prefer to remain there forever

I am currently just a visitor to Nigeria and l will visit Nigeria but definitely not now probably in the future sad

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Dammyseyon(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

Beauty and cosmetics strive 10x in Africa than in Europe. I know what I am saying.

Not all businesses are well suited for the west, I did my research before delving in. If I wasn’t arrested, my brand would have been one of the best in Africa. But we move.

I own one of the top skincare brand in Nigeria. I won’t mention the name to avoid village people wahala
Please can you employ me?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Orlatunday11(m): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2023
My thought here is..... YOUR brother (immigration guy, Nigerian) hatred you not Tanzanian from start
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Magicdon(m): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2023
buJu234:
from your story..

i dont think they hate law abiding Nigerians.

you broke their rules..

its same in every country.. when a foreigner breaks the rule, especially immigration rules, robbery, murder etc

we should learn to be law abiding legal immigrants

How did she break the rules, when she was scammed by an immigration oficer?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by sylve11: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2023
IamRichards:
interesting story
hope you learnt your lessons.

She has already told you that na.

@op, sorry for the troubles you encountered.

Nice story to read. cool
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by usagee36: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
Sorry but it wasn't business you went there for. Reason for your arrest was different from what you sold to us.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Magicdon(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Lame excuses. You are charge for using forged documents. Do you except them to look away? Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Lock Up? Who gave her the fake documents? is it not an immigration officer? why was he not arrested? I dont blame her, she was scammed. You should blame her for not going to the right office or ministry to mdo her papers?

3 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Magicdon(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Lame excuses. You are charge for using forged documents. Do you except them to look away? Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Lock Up! Who gave her the fake documents? is it not an immigration officer? why was he not arrested? I dont blame her, she was scammed. You should blame her for not going to the right office or ministry to mdo her papers?

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Faithy04: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
That's serious
What now happened next?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by frontwave(m): 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2023
[quote author=Anitatunde post=125468420]

Thanks for the kind words
So what do you intend to do to the person that made forged doc. For you?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Unperturbedpota: 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

It wasn’t easy paying the loans but I was able to sell some property but in Nigeria and Tanzania.

The business folded the same day of my arrest.

I have been japaing since then

You remind me of a friend I have lost contact with. She wasn't into your field but trust me when I say she like you is a furnace. Driven , brave an always head butting me to take risks 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I miss her sha. Anyways girl you are a wonder woman....

Hope things worked out for you in Nigeria ? Why not try the United States . Yeah they might have crazy standards and the fact you are Nigerian can sometimes land you a raw deal on everything but still the society works . And it works well . Opportunities are limitless too

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Easylife1234: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ooh Sorry 😔
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by MySolace: 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

1 week to my release date, I received various death threats from all corners. The prison warden which I slept with also started acting crazy.

The guy think say prison na my house because he was sad and convinced me to stay back, abi you Dey mad ni Omo prison warden.

How do you expect me to give up my freedom and chose to stay in prison. Since the threats was coming left and right, I had to personally request to be moved to a different prison. But it was bounced.

The night to my release was the longest night. I couldn’t sleep all night because I don’t know what’s next for me. I stayed up all night.

Finally it was day break, 6am sharp, I was called up after doing all paper works and stuff. I booked a flight straight to MMIA Lagos from my savings in prison + other money at hand.

I was to be deported immediately. Police men took me to the airport like a celebrity, stayed with me till my flight was due.

They watched me enter the ✈️. I smiled and told one of the guys “I will be back”.

The story is longer than this but I had to summarize everything. I learnt a lot of lessons in my time in Tanzania, nobody loves Nigerians. They might like our music and movies but the hatred for Nigerians is very real.

Stay safe, stay blessed and be wise. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tag nairaland mods.
Wow... Ur write-up dey very captivating.
U also created nice imageries too.

Thanks for sharing.

But den, ur whole investment went into the thin air just like dat? undecided
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
It is only in Nigeria that foreigners are worshipped and respected.

It's only in Nigeria that foreigners that foreigners walk freely without papers.

It's only in Nigeria that foreigners do all kinds of business without paying

It's only in Nigeria policemen act as bodyguards to foreigners and treat citizens like trash.

Only Nigerians can restructure this country

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by phemmyfour: 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
I travelled to Tanzania in 2018, in search of greener pastures, greener than The green in Nigerias flag. I was skilled and versatile in cosmetics and beauty products in general. So the plan was to establish a multi million dollar cosmetics firm, far away in a country called Tanzania.

I took multi layers of loans from different micro finance banks, friends and relatives. I was able to gather almost 30 million naira. I applied for a Tanzanian visa and it was out in days. I travelled the following week to east Africa with big plans and big dreams. It was a tourist visa, the plan here is to get a working permit so as to establish my dream firm without slowing down.

Little did I know that trouble awaits me in the future. I was able to get a contact of an immigration officer who will help facilitate the transition from tourist to a working visa. I paid over 1200 in USD. In less than 1 week, I had all necessary doc needed in setting up my business. Everything was going on smoothly, business was thriving. I easily made over 2million naira in pure profit in 3 months.

One morning, government officials came to my building requesting for my license and stuff, I smiled while feeding them with all the documentations and licenses. Little did I know that day will be the last day I will be seeing the company I have built up from scratch.

When the officers imputed my details on there system, it showed that all my documents were forged and not authentic. I was handcuffed immediately and sent to their cell, while my case is been arranged for court. After some days, I was sent to court, to cut the long story short, I was charged with forgery, unlicensed production of goods and over stay in Tanzania, I got a 2 year sentence.

Typing…
Hope you ve learnt your lessons. Always do legit no matter how long the process
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Dpaulie(m): 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

Beauty and cosmetics strive 10x in Africa than in Europe. I know what I am saying.

Not all businesses are well suited for the west, I did my research before delving in. If I wasn’t arrested, my brand would have been one of the best in Africa. But we move.

I own one of the top skincare brand in Nigeria. I won’t mention the name to avoid village people wahala
You can mention it for patronage
God bless u
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by MySolace: 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2023
madscientist88:
you write well,i wonder why you didn't invest your money in publishing a book? freedom is everything no matter what,why wont they hate nigerians when we have the highest number of fraudsters tarnishing the image of Africa,you won't understand this pain untila destiny helper rejects you because you are Nigerian, as an inventor and a rugged outdoorsman ive had my share of badlucks for being a Nigerian all for the sake of lazy fraudsters who want to make quick money.
Nigeria isn't peculiar to Fraud. It's same everywhere. Even the so-called whites
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Sleekfingers: 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2023
Magicdon:

Lock Up! Who gave her the fake documents? is it not an immigration officer? why was he not arrested? I dont blame her, she was scammed. You should blame her for not going to the right office or ministry to mdo her papers?

Of course, she was scammed for not following the right channel.

Last month, someone I know was banned 10 year from applying for UK visa. All because, he submitted a forged CSO to the embassy.
He told me, he bought it from an agent. I was just laughing. Something he can do onlinee for free or go to their website for information.
Does the UK embassy give a darn , where he got the forged document from?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by brownroofpipuar: 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

Typing…

U have a story and advise for NIGERIANS wey dey plan japa but naija don cast everywhere.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Zeezenho: 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

Wetin go make person wey you no offend hate you the answer is simple. ENVY . Any one you are better off must hate you. Same reason I no send all those yoruba muslim when ever they are in their rabid mood and be ranting like a woman in menopause.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by madscientist88(m): 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
MySolace:

Nigeria isn't peculiar to Fraud. It's same everywhere. Even the so-called whites
Nigeria is on another level on this aspect.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by EmmyNorse(m): 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
I never knew there were still brave and resilient women like you 🥰🥰🥰🥰😇 cool
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by madscientist88(m): 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2023
hobat4cash:

Guy relax, there is no country that does not have it's fair share of criminals and miscreants, ours just seems to be much cos Nigeria has a very large population, hence a higher probability of having more criminals. Besides there are documented cases of other black people claiming to be Nigerians when caught in the act when they are not upon investigation.
just say we are a developing country,crime rates are higher in developing countries due to the epileptic economy,in other words my statement isn't false and i didn't say all Nigerians are like that.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by occfx: 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

So na so 30m take kpai... Yea, Nigeria is not a country its just an assemble ground and we export the worst characters in the world
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by madscientist88(m): 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2023
kosiebe:

Carry your bad belle comot from here. You write all these just too tarnish Nigeria image
and you are angry because you are one of them,you are damn right i get bad bele for evil people.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by ItisWell22(f): 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
eepeepook:
When story long like this, pure lie.

What’s long about this story?

Or you just have a very short attention span? 🤔😒😢

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Ore-lagos Express Way, 8 People Confirmed Dead (photos) / Chain Reaction Accident Hit Truck, Cars At Dolphins - Osborne Road, Ikoyi Lagos / 350ft Tall Artificial Waterfall On The Outside Of A Skyscraper In China(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.