Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK (42965 Views)

Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo / A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months / 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by dealslip(f): 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Oh well.... 🙄
None of em is a hoe and they all happily married the youngest being married now for 4 years.

Go figure, nanny mcphee
😂😂😂. Which one are talking about hoe or deceitfulness of women? Is being happily married equivalent to not being deceitful. I am not used to chatting with children but let me let you amuse yourself.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Unperturbedpota: 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
dealslip:

😂😂😂. Which one are talking about hoe or deceitfulness of women? Is being happily married equivalent to being not being deceitful. I am not used to chatting with children but let me let you amuse yourself.

😎... Damn you strong headed.
How big is your forehead ? Take a tape and measure it, I want to check something 🤔

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by SSpeter(m): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:
Baba, immediately I have the plan to relocate abroad, the first thing I will so is to set up another family. Once the one we travel abroad start misbehaving, I will just quietly carry my bag, leave her with the children and continue my life with my second wife back home.

I will never accept any woman to lord over me as abroad women are use to be doing.

When you see someone reason like this just know the person is immature
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by dettolgel: 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2023
oshaosha2014:
Why should we remove any stigma. We are not animals.

So bullying people into a union they found detrimental to their mental and physical wellbeing is not animal like behaviour?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Cromagnon: 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
emmaodet:

So true.
If there is no stigma against divorcing and single motherhood, oboy divorce go plenty pass condom.
Many women are enduring marriages due to many factors.
Finance - I know atleast 5 women who have declared to me that if not for stigma, they would have packed out of the marriage they are due to poverty. From my observation, I think poverty will take 70% of the reason why most women are tired and exhausted in marriages.
Infidelity - many women will rather endure with a providing man than staying alone while poverty and hardship strikes them down.
why did they marry poor men?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Cromagnon: 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Oga,there is money there.
Let no man deceive you.A cleaner or professional job can fetch you 3000 pounds monthly.About 3 million naira.O boy,in a year, that's 36 million naira.
Who dash monkey banana in Nigeria??..
how much is rent there and other bills?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by thinkmoney(m): 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:
Oyinbo country self too get wahala.

You cannot discipline your wife as one can do in Nigeria... Your wife can wake up and call police for you and police will ask you to leave your home.

You cannot scold your kids, if you do so and the authority get to know, they will take away your kids and hand them over to a foster parent.

And this is the place some people are selling their assets to go lipsrsealed

My prayer to all Nigeria men suffering under their wives in various oyinbo country.
It’s only your kids you discipline. There is nothing like disciplining of wife... wife is a partner... your wife is yiu

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Kobojunkiee: 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
thinkmoney:
It’s only your kids you discipline. There is nothing like disciplining of wife... wife is a partner... your wife is yiu
In a Nigerian marriage, a man considers himself a teacher, and lord over his wife. She is not a partner. lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by 1Sharon(f): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Oh well.... 🙄
None of em is a hoe and they all happily married the youngest being married now for 4 years.

Go figure, nanny mcphee

So being married means a woman has made it In life and isn't a hoe😂
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Cromagnon: 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
Angelfrost:

Please, y'all should stop demonizing taxes.

Even after taxes, a financially prudent person can still save enough to make him or her wealthy by Naira and Nigerian standards.

The reasons why you Africans despise and fear taxes (including African Americans) says a lot about why this continent is behind.
tax is theft
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Sermwell(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
I never go UK.

One thing I know is Nigeria no fit better pass UK. If not why UK citizens no dey write exams and fight and go to church just to come naija.

Abeg.

UK culture be like core northern Muslim culture to an Igbo man.

If an Igbo man can survive in sokoto despite their Islamic nature why not UK.

Omoh. Make u na know say all this na lies full am.

In Nigeria we have many reasons marriage is not working

Poverty poverty
People like you fail to learn!! No worry, you will learn the hard way!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Sermwell(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2023
Fiscus105:
So, in UK wife don't use to do house chores and cooking as they do in naija? Going by your number 3 submission.
Read to understand and not ask stupid questions!! House chores are shared unlike I'm Africa/Nigeria
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Sermwell(m): 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2023
Racoon:
Tufiakwa! Even If I move over to the UK, I trust God for my marriage to remain intact because happiness in marriage depends on the mutual love, respect, & understanding you have with your wife. And above all, the God factor both of you believe in and uphold.
You're playing!! Just move over first!! Most persons who thought like you know better now!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by madridguy(m): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2023
Matured people like you are crying day and night in western country as we speak with the kind of treatment they're getting from their wife grin Small boy claiming mature man.

SSpeter:
When you see someone reason like this just know the person is immature

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Sermwell(m): 3:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Oga,there is money there.
Let no man deceive you.A cleaner or professional job can fetch you 3000 pounds monthly.About 3 million naira.O boy,in a year, that's 36 million naira.
Who dash monkey banana in Nigeria??..
You're obviously a local champion!! After earnings 3k monthly, have you deducted tax,rent, health insurance, internet etc and other bills? grin grin

36 million ko
36 billion ni cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by jedisco(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:

You cannot discipline your wife as one can do in Nigeria... Your wife can wake up and call police for you and police will ask you to leave your home.

You cannot scold your kids, if you do so and the authority get to know, they will take away your kids and hand them over to a foster parent.

My prayer to all Nigeria men suffering under their wives in various oyinbo country.

Discipline your wife?
And who disciplines the man.... Or is he above reproach?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Kobojunkiee: 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
jedisco:
Discipline your wife? And who disciplines the man.... Or is he above reproach?
LOL... the man is head, a literal god over the woman so e follow say the man suppose discipline her naw! grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by thinkmoney(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
In a Nigerian marriage, a man considers himself a teacher, and lord over his wife. She is not a partner. lipsrsealed
It’s bad

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Kobojunkiee: 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
thinkmoney:
It’s bad
It's Nigerian marriage for you. undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by thinkmoney(m): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
It's Nigerian marriage for you. undecided
We can get pass it. We can take up a better identity.
We developed that idea at some point, we can shake it off at future point

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Rossikk(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
NSK4U:

Except you are not African, you are suffering colonial mentality to be calling your fathers local champions.

Here in Africa, roles/family functions are distributed to every member of the family according to their gender, it is the culture that spells this roles to ensures cohesion and harmony in the home. Some African family institutions have been bastardised by foreign lifestyle which lacks well organized structure and is the reason most marriages are crashing nowadays.

Learn not to call the culture that brought you up as local simply because you are in UK where authorities survive by stealing African resources and pretending to themselves

You think these ones have sense? He doesn’t even know what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by poseidon12: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2023
LionInZion:
Another UK topic. Hmnnnn

It applies to US and other western nations too.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by poseidon12: 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
Unperturbedpota:
Hmmm

Only 1 reason.

Nigerian women are deceitful lying beings whom no one should ever trust

And the Nigerian men are mostly honest right?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by poseidon12: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Quite honestly, even if I'm offered a free visa to the UK, I won't take it. Never liked that place for one bit. I'll rather live in Russia than the UK.

Even if you are in Russia, you will still face same problems.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:

Even in Nigeria, I never discipline my wife. Why the fvck would i want to do that.

I discipline my kids here and none hss ever or will ever call the police on me.

Child discipline come in different shapes and forms and i do not have to brutalize my kids in the name of discipline.

With all the discipline in Nigeria, lots of the young ones are growing up to become lawless criminals and the big question is " how effective is the Nigeria's form of child's discipline?

A cursory look at our society will tell you our form of discipline is not working.

I do not want a wife i can discipline, that must be one low self esteem local woman
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Sermwell:

People like you fail to learn!! No worry, you will learn the hard way!

Learn what exactly?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Cromagnon: 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
CHoccolaTE:

He's a Muslim. Islam allows the men to beat their wives. It's in the Quran as a method to 'discipline' wives.

Men also show their worst when they are given power.

What % of men show their worst
Yet 80% of women divorce in abroad

The reason women run out of marriages in countries where they are treated as equal humans is because women are not by nature desirous of being submissive to another human being.

Then they stay alone
See how long they last
But lazy ppl they are they look for Awoof and yet want equality
Don't worry free money will soon end then we shall see

No normal human being wants to put their needs and desires on the back seat for another person in the name of submission to husband.

Yes they do otherwise they wouldn't have gotten married to men who will provide free house and food for them and their children

Nigerian culture and religion forces women to live like that.

All cultures except Oyinbo and they are learning now the hard way

If you see couples that have genuine, true love and companionship and friendship, you will see that their marriage would last even in western countries.

Na only slave and master marriage dey collapse for civilized countries.
nobody forced any woman to marry o
They can equally hustle and Pay bills to claim equality
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Cromagnon: 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:
Baba, immediately I have the plan to relocate abroad, the first thing I will so is to set up another family. Once the one we travel abroad start misbehaving, I will just quietly carry my bag, leave her with the children and continue my life with my second wife back home.

I will never accept any woman to lord over me as abroad women are use to be doing.

so why relocate
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Cromagnon: 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2023
jaxxy:

u don't have to control a woman like a glorified housemaid tho.
yes you do
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by NSK4U(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rossikk:

You think these ones have sense? He doesn’t even know what you’re talking about.

I thought as much anyway
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Cromagnon: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
IamMobisola:
These are not limited to the UK. It’s applicable to developed countries that actually care about the worth of the female gender. Canada, USA, Russia, it’s everywhere.

Letting women become prostitute single mothers is worth?
Na wa o

It’s only in Africa, the world’s most underdeveloped or least developed continent that don’t respect women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Divorces Wife Of 21 Years For Sleeping With A Deacon And A Bishop / Annoying Spousal Habits / Nigerian Lady And Her Parents Dancing At Her Graduation In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.