Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers (15962 Views)

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters / Online Publications Taking Our Jobs – Bauchi Newspaper Vendors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Morbeta11(m): 9:05am On Aug 31, 2023
LAGRIDE operators retrieving vehicles without notice, taking our jobs –Drivers

Some drivers of the Lagos State e-hailing taxi initiative, popularly called Lagos Ride have accused the managers of LAGRIDE of forcefully taking away their vehicles without notice or compensation.

According to them, armed men are being used by the managers to lay siege on drivers before their vehicles are forcefully taken away. The state government had in 2021 signed a partnership agreement with CIG Motors Company Limited to aid road transportation in the state, leading to the new e-hailing taxi scheme.

The state government had said the scheme would give the driver or operator the right to own the vehicle after payment was fully made within three and four years.

But drivers are currently complaining that the scheme was taking away their lifetime investment and their means of livelihood after depositing N700,000 and payment of at least N9,000 daily target.

One of the operators, Femi Ebenezer, claimed he sold his private car to make the initial payment to secure the LAGRIDE car, lamenting that he didn’t know the car would be taken away from him.

Ebenezer said, “I sold my private car when the state said we could pay some amount, and after a few years, the cars would become ours. I paid N700,000 to secure the car, including another N400,000. Sometimes, when I don’t work because of my health, I ensure that the daily asset fee is paid. The car’s camera developed a fault; I informed them, but they didn’t repair it on time.

“They repaired the car on May 2, 2023. But when I was about to go to work the second day, I discovered that the car had been locked. I called them all through, but they refused to unlock it. The second day, I saw them with armed men taking the car away from my house. The thought of losing all my investments deteriorated my well-being. I spent over two months in the hospital.”

Another operator, Isaac Edewa, said LAGRIDE claimed they took the car away because he underperformed after paying back over N700,000 excluding the insurance and maintenance fee and the initial N750,000 deposit.

Edewa said, “They said they were taking the car away because of low performance after paying over N1.4m on the car, apart from the daily 20 per cent they deduct from the work I did daily.

“I don’t understand their concept of low performance. I remitted to them daily. They came to take the car away. They didn’t pay me a dime. All my investment is gone. When I got there to beg, they said the car had been given to another person.”

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, whom the aggrieved operators consulted, said, “They have not given me instruction to go to court. They only came to complain. But if they say they want to go to court, I will have to look at their agreement papers and see whether they have a genuine case. They are alleging a breach of contract, so we have to look at that.”

Reacting, the LAGRIDE’s Head of Project, Adeyinka Onigbanjo, had earlier said in an interview with PUNCH Metro that anyone who felt aggrieved should approach the company after insisting the names of the aggrieved operators be provided by our correspondent.

“If you are not going to mention any name, tell these people to approach us individually and make their complaints,” he told PUNCH Metro.

When our correspondent contacted him on Sunday, his phone rang out, and a text message sent to him had yet to be responded to as of the time this report was filed.

https://punchng.com/lagride-operators-retrieving-vehicles-without-notice-taking-our-jobs-drivers/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by serverconnect(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2023
Pains and suffering

13 Likes

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by MadamExcellency: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2023
The politicians and their cronies don't care about you.

To live expensive lifestyle, our politicians and ruling class are heartless to any impediment to their joy and that includes you, the poor masses and public interest.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Macphenson: 9:21am On Aug 31, 2023
okoo
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Bioboy1213(m): 9:23am On Aug 31, 2023
The story no clear, I don't think Lagride can lock/retrieve vehicles if the drivers didn't default on payment.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by budaatum: 9:24am On Aug 31, 2023
Anyone find thread when this was introduced?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by id4sho(m): 11:43am On Sep 01, 2023
Bad economy tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Brendaniel: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2023
When they launched this scheme, after reading the terms and conditions, I knew it will be a huge failure, some of us voiced out while the evil praise singers of APC/TINUBU/SANWO-OLU called us haters....

Today we can see the outcome

budaatum:
Anyone find thread when this was introduced?

I think it was in 2021, we were here speaking against the wicked terms and conditions by Lagos state, they called us haters, today look at the outcome....

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by OlujobaSamuel: 11:46am On Sep 01, 2023
Bioboy1213:
The story no clear, I don't think Lagride can lock/retrieve vehicles if the drivers didn't default on payment.
Hmmm, dey fit retrieve your car if you no default ooo.
You can't even default as you no go get trip to work. The debt limit is 20k, anything after that, no more cash request for you
Modified
So many commenting on this thread no really sabi as the package dey go. I guessed it's one of those commenting here that sees it as govt property, so they tried to attack the drivers.
Party chieftains too see am as what should be a reward for them so they were working against the smooth operation of the drivers.
At the end, drivers and partners dey hear am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by meum: 11:47am On Sep 01, 2023
Go to court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by braine(m): 11:47am On Sep 01, 2023
If you can afford 700k, you could as well afford a small vehicle that can be used for Bolt and Indrive and the car will still be yours with no one breathing down your neck.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to subscribe to Lagride.

The color sef is appalling.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by jospepper(m): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2023
Nothing is ever straightforward in this country. Too much injustice and lawlessness.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Btruth: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2023
All will be well cry
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by HydraFeeds(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2023
Hire purchase for Uber/Bolt is better than Lagride because of the financial impact on drivers .

The Lagride should be made cheaper being a government program but the management policies should be stricter cos many Nigerians believe any government program is their benefits …like government loans they get but refuse to pay back .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by olaolaking: 11:51am On Sep 01, 2023
Bioboy1213:
There have been so many programs like this by government and 90% of Nigerians I interviewed said they won't refund or pay back if they have access to such program.

They only told us one side of the story

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by davit: 11:51am On Sep 01, 2023
Speechless

1 Like

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Omoapena(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2023
It is well
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Etranshub(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2023
i always knew this largeride thing won't end well, the terms and conditions of the contract is not favorable for both parties especially the drivers coupled with this new fuel price there is no way they can pay 63k per week on purchase of the car and you still deduct 20% from their weekly earnings and have anything left after buying fuel. The business ideal was dead on arrival.

Contact me for your welding fabrication! /Metalworks ranging from iron roofing (warehouse, church auditorium, filling station etc.), handrail and many more

4 Likes

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by REDshouse(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2023
I knew they will resort to this from the onset... U want to give driver brand new suv to ply on bad roads and collect ridiculous passenger fare and want same driver to deliver as neck cutting amount weekly with deposit of 700k ....

Driver shld sue them and collect their initial deposit back..it's a scam venture

5 Likes

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by REDshouse(m): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2023
Competing with Uber bolt and indrive with brand new SUV is a no go area

12 Likes

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Cantonese: 11:54am On Sep 01, 2023
“ I sold my private car when the state said we could pay some amount, and after a few years, the cars would become ours. I paid N700,000 to secure the car, including another N400,000. Sometimes, when I don’t work because of my health, I ensure that the daily asset fee is paid. The car’s camera developed a fault; I informed them, but they didn’t repair it on time”.

Hmm.

If the said person deposited that sum with a private individual to get a Toyota Corolla Tokunboh car, would it not be better?

The entire 1.45m lost. That would have gone a long way repaying the owner of a Tokunboh Corolla. Why pick cars that you need to pay up over 10 million in less than three years or so. The risk is too high and the operator’s disadvantage is very high too.

A close look at it will show default on the part of the operators.

By the way what is the business of government with hail taxis? Why not complete water transport, rail transport and ensure that BRT buses work effectively?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by AdaojoTheUrchin: 11:54am On Sep 01, 2023
Bioboy1213:

What stops the greedy fools from defaulting?
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Chibuzoripob: 11:54am On Sep 01, 2023
sad
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Calitoscassius(m): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2023
Who da hell in their right mind wants to surscribe to a Naigerian government scam or is it business? It will always end in disaster. Everything Naigerian government does never benefits ordinary Naigerians, everything Naigerian government does is to scam their citizens.

10 Likes

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by mrvitalis(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2023
Till next election
Funny thing is thousands would still fall for it.. If they fell to the would add the spice ( igbo hate) them go fall by force

3 Likes

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by itsme01: 11:55am On Sep 01, 2023
cool

Someone in Alausa want to rip people off... After Politicians fear Civil Servants

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by DeLaRue: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2023
People should leave the business if the terms are too onerous.

Things are hard, but saying they're taking away your jobs is inaccurate. They don't owe you a job. You're self employed.

If you willingly sign an agreement and found later that you could not meet the terms, then you are in breach of the terms. The other party is entitled to terminate the agreement in order to reduce their losses.

Businesses are not NGOs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by AfonjaConehead: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2023
There ain't no govt in naija that's as wicked and evil as the LASG....from state to LGAs to to the Lagos state assembly to agberoes, very wicked and roguish. They are full of headslamming ymm banzas...

Sanwo Olu is a good man but not in control.

4 Likes

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by olaolaking: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2023
REDshouse:
I knew they will resort to this from the onset... U want to give driver brand new suv to ply on bad roads and collect ridiculous passenger fare and want same driver to deliver as neck cutting amount weekly with deposit of 700k ....

Driver shld sue them and collect their initial deposit back..it's a scam venture
No be only sue, na seu. Were they forced to sign the agreement or they didn't read the agreement before they signed?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aero contractors sacks 100 workers Outsourced By Skyborne / Help! How Do I Reply My Notification Of Termination Letter? / When Is It Too Late To Get A Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.