Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,840 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers (15967 Views)

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters / Online Publications Taking Our Jobs – Bauchi Newspaper Vendors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by ACRI: 11:59am On Sep 01, 2023
Bad initiative from a reactionary govt.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Akaegwu(m): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
When good Nigerians where shouting that the contract was too exorbitant years back. You tagged us haters.

2 Likes

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by zarakikenpa(m): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
Modern slavery agreement. Dem go explain taya. How many people dey utilise the service. Over to the praise singers.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Chibuzoripob: 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bioboy1213:
The story no clear, I don't think Lagride can lock/retrieve vehicles if the drivers didn't default on payment.
U expect somebody that claimed he paid initial 700/750 +700k to lie? Why looked the car? It is a case of 🐒 dey work oga in AC 🏬 dey chop
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by ednut1(m): 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2023
You guys were warned about this lagride. Una No listen

1 Like

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by teepain: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bioboy1213:
The story no clear, I don't think Lagride can lock/retrieve vehicles if the drivers didn't default on payment.

Exactly my thoughts. Even when individuals give out vehicles out to some of them, they tend to default on hire purchase terms.

1 Like

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by GeneralPula: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2023
braine:
If you can afford 700k, you could as well afford a small vehicle that can be used for Bolt and Indrive and the car will still be yours with no one breathing down your neck.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to subscribe to Lagride.

The color sef is appalling.
They make money o. Lag ride is good. Just blame the wicked heart an average Nigerian carries..
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by aikyg(m): 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2023
These drivers are so clueless. How do they think it makes sense to use a brand new SUV for taxi in Nigeria? Those cars are just too expensive for taxi business. The person who came up with this idea should have known that this could never work.

2 Likes

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by ImperialYoruba: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
Can people just be disciplined about their source of income and please honor agreements. This program is called lease-ownership program. For anyone serious and value the govt this is one very good program to applaud. Why are people defaulting in their agreements in the program? Govt can always find replacement operators.

Complaints should not be entertained, the public must stand with the govt on this one and condemn people that were too indiaciplined to abide by the simple rules.

No be everything we go blame govt.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by TheAlchemist: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
Cantonese:
“ I sold my private car when the state said we could pay some amount, and after a few years, the cars would become ours. I paid N700,000 to secure the car, including another N400,000. Sometimes, when I don’t work because of my health, I ensure that the daily asset fee is paid. The car’s camera developed a fault; I informed them, but they didn’t repair it on time”.

Hmm.

If the said person deposited that sum with a private individual to get a Toyota Corolla Tokunboh car, would it not be better?

The entire 1.45m lost. That would have gone a long way repaying the owner of a Tokunboh Corolla. Why pick cars that you need to pay up over 10 million in less than three years or so. The risk is too high and the operator’s disadvantage is very high too.

A close look at it will show default on the part of the operators.

By the way what is the business of government with hail taxis? Why not complete water transport, rail transport and ensure that BRT buses work effectively?

Honestly Government should only be interested in mass transit projects.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by tishbite42: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
How much be that small Suzuki?
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by ade4real2016: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
No transportation system like this ever stand d test of time...Lots have come n gone...Same thing goes to Uber n Bolt... They're beginning to fade away like Red cabs n Metro Cabs e.t.c....It is not about daily or weekly payment defaults...We don't do stuffs like they're practiced where they originated from....Black mentality...
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
olaolaking:
No be only sue, na seu. Were they forced to sign the agreement or they didn't read the agreement before they signed?
Are you the one perpetrating this evil to the drivers?Return their deposit then.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by tbliss22(m): 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2023
These guys were warned about this demonic job scheme years back... The terms of agreement was even too crazy
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Cutehector(m): 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2023
The worst mistake anybody can make is to partner with the Nigerian Govt.

That's why it is better to do your own business that nobody will have a say on it.

1 Like

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by AK481(m): 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Cutehector(m): 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2023
Akaegwu:
When good Nigerians where shouting that the contract was too exorbitant years back. You tagged us haters.
honestly.

1 Like

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Emco1: 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2023
Some people said something about this I think around 2021 that the Government might retrieve the motor halfway. They were right after all.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2023
REDshouse:
Competing with Uber bolt and indrive with brand new SUV is a no go area

replacement parts alone cost an arm and a leg. Not sure how durable the vehicle is.

1 Like

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by FuckDModz: 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2023
grin

You can't eat your cake and have it.

Work harder or get lost!

It's not like the terms and conditions were written in French.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Ezmans: 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2023
braine:
If you can afford 700k, you could as well afford a small vehicle that can be used for Bolt and Indrive and the car will still be yours with no one breathing down your neck.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to subscribe to Lagride.

The color sef is appalling.
he wants to be tinubu loyalist
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by bonnyhope: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bioboy1213:

Humans with their stories
I have done uber deals with people before and I know some are story tellers
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by OlujobaSamuel: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2023
AK481:

they gave cars to APC supporters and not competent people
The vehicles were not given to political loyalist, you might have to fact check.
It's one of the reasons you see so many of the vehicles arrested by vio, lastma and taskforce, while they don't disturb Suzuki moove.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by TimelineMag: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2023
This scammer is back.Usman Raimi the scammer ,please avoid him he has no data to sell. Only scamming ppl with his Palm Pay account .
toget3078:
Good
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by REDshouse(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2023
olaolaking:
No be only sue, na seu. Were they forced to sign the agreement or they didn't read the agreement before they signed?
many of those agreement were written to favor the company but many naive drivers out of overzealous took up those cars and many are even illiterate. Until it dawn on many of them
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by OlujobaSamuel: 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

replacement parts alone cost an arm and a leg. Not sure how durable the vehicle is.
Lol, available and affordable.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Bioboy1213(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
olaolaking:
There have been so many programs like this by government and 90% of Nigerians I interviewed said they won't refund or pay back if they have access to such program.

They only told us one side of the story
Exactly,anyone use to E hailing will understand better, even private companies like Moove and other individuals will lock and retrieve their cars if driver fail to meet up with the agreed terms and conditions.
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by gabbasin: 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
Most of the subscribers to these Lagride installment payment scheme thought it's another national cake opportunity. Most of them believe they can do as they like and at the end of the day the cars will be theirs even if they default in payment. I know the scheme will not be successful because of our people's mindset. Who can invest millions on a car for car hailing business and make something out of it. Most of those car owners doing Uber etc don't buy their cars for sole purpose of Uber, if Uber doesn't pay them they use their cars for other purposes
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by Originalsly: 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
I guess people didn't read the contract .... or figured they knew how to outsmart the system .... not knowing that plans were in place to repossess the vehicles when the contract is breached.

1 Like

Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by kenchop: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2023
MY LAGOS NOT YOURS. LOLZ

UNA NEVER SEE SOMETHING YOU ALL THINK THESE POLITICIANS CARE ABOUT YOU AND UR TRIBE AND RELIGION. LOLZ

THEY DIVIDE U WITH TRIBALISM DURING ELECTIONS AFTER WHICH THEY DUMP Y'ALL. FOOLZ

YOU SAW GOOD BUT CHOSE BAD because OF TRIBALISM.

YOU WILL ALL DIE IN SUFFERING.

POLITICIANS THAT ONLY SURVIVE BY STEALING FROM THE PEOPLE.

UR GOVERNOR IS WEARING EXPENSIVE WATCHES AND SHOE WHILE Y'ALL ARE DYING OF POVERTY. LOLZ

Morbeta11:

https://punchng.com/lagride-operators-retrieving-vehicles-without-notice-taking-our-jobs-drivers/
Re: LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers by olaolaking: 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2023
Revolution2022:
Are you the one perpetrating this evil to the drivers?Return their deposit then.
You didn't answer my question before you begin to further.

They signed the agreement. If it is stated in the agreement that their deposits will be returned, so be it. Otherwise, na just noise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aero contractors sacks 100 workers Outsourced By Skyborne / When Is It Too Late To Get A Degree? / Help! How Do I Reply My Notification Of Termination Letter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.