Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,551 members, 7,865,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:56 PM

Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street (3585 Views)

Nimet Lists States To Experience Heavy Rainfall In Next Three Days / Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix / Inside Sanusi Lamido's New House In Awe, Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Rossikk(m): 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2023
TooMuchStuff:

There is a standing 🧍‍♂️ rule at federal government level regarding first order of priority in the execution of infrastructural contracts.
The Core North of Muslims territories receives excellent and speedy execution. while rest of the North takes second. then Southwest.....
least of them all is Southeastern states.

Dude, these are state roads we are seeing up there, not federal roads.

You do know there’s a difference?
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by DenreleDave(m): 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
vowiski:
Most Norther states have good roads sha..

Not the thiefing bastards we have in the South

Na thieves full south walahi grin grin
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by DenreleDave(m): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
TooMuchStuff:

There is a standing 🧍‍♂️ rule at federal government level regarding first order of priority in the execution of infrastructural contracts.
The Core North of Muslims territories receives excellent and speedy execution. while rest of the North takes second. then Southwest.....

This one is still saying rubbish..
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
very common in Edo state!
cool
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Poisonousman: 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2023
EmekaA125:

You bin expect network to dey for Faskari??
From Faskari to Jibia to Niger Republic not reach 50km.

Lol that local government ehnnnn ... Network scarce.. my guys dey complain that year...🤣🤣🤣
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by mariovito(m): 10:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
Is this verifiable?

TooMuchStuff:

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by BlackAdam65: 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2023
this is very common to us that live in portharcourt
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Gggjhhj: 12:51am On Sep 01, 2023
Funny yeah, but I don dae in-between rain and no rain
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Access03(m): 1:32am On Sep 01, 2023
Axis313:

Sincerely,I am not even interested in the rain but how good the road is.I served in Katsina state some years back,and my PPA was in Faskari local government,all the roads in that local government is tarred and in good conditions,especially those inner streets ones,all the inner street roads down here na mud full am,and it's only during the dry seasons they only grade those roads,and we always claim we are more intelligent and enlightened than them.

You could have made use of the available connection with a well know politician accepted by the inhabitants in Faskari LGA then, rather than returning South after the compulsory one-year service. Maybe you would be in the National Assembly as Legislative aide today!😀😀
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by 13br: 4:01am On Sep 01, 2023
DenreleDave:

This one is still saying rubbish..

Denreledave barawo
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by 13bra: 4:01am On Sep 01, 2023
DenreleDave:

Na thieves full south walahi grin grin
Denreledave barawo
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Nice2023(m): 4:44am On Sep 01, 2023
This one dey happen well,well for Abuja.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Axis313(m): 6:00am On Sep 01, 2023
Access03:

You could have made use of the available connection with a well know politician accepted by the inhabitants in Faskari LGA then, rather than returning South after the compulsory one-year service. Maybe you would be in the National Assembly as Legislative aide today!😀😀
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by EmekaA125(m): 6:52am On Sep 01, 2023
Poisonousman:

Lol that local government ehnnnn ... Network scarce.. my guys dey complain that year...🤣🤣🤣
Most Northern States are like that.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by aQUINandmore: 6:58am On Sep 01, 2023
NSNO:

It's because of the soil and weather. If you build a road there, it'll last longer than the one built here in the south because of rain, soil type etc.
chai cry cry
What has soil and weather has to do with roads that has not been tarred in the last 20 years?
When roads are been built on top and under water.
Which kind country people be this my lord!!!
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by NSNO(m): 7:07am On Sep 01, 2023
aQUINandmore:
chai cry cry
What has soil and weather has to do with roads that has not been tarred in the last 20 years?
When roads are been built on top and under water.
Which kind country people be this my lord!!!
Oga no dey argue wetin you no know. Roads last longer in the North.
A road built in kano twenty years ago will be better than that same quality of road built in rivers in that same time frame.
This is a fact.

But our governors can do better sha but still, you can't deny that they have an advantage in this area.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by aQUINandmore: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2023
NSNO:

Oga no dey argue wetin you no know. Roads last longer in the North.
A road built in kano twenty years ago will be better than that same quality of road built in rivers in that same time frame.
This is a fact.

But our governors can do better sha but still, you can't deny that they have an advantage in this area.
I have lived in both regions and I believe strongly that your point does not apply in this case.

The problem we have in the south is not ecological or weather problem but 100 percent govt failure.

Any standard road irrespective of the weather condition ought to last at least 8 years before it starts wearing off but what do we have in the south, a contractor pouring tar on an ordinary ground like akamu and when it gets washed away in the next rainfall the govt and people like you will start blaming weather forecast grin grin

Kwakwaso would add another layer of tar to most roads that were showing signs of wearing off, pot holes and etc but I have never seen any governor done anything like that in the south in my 25 years of existence.

Take for example the road you are seeing in that picture, does that road looks like a road that has been tarred for ages that's been preserved by good weather.

And lastly, I'm not an oga, I'm a queen, a sugar baby, I am tinubu"s favorite sugar baby kiss kiss
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by NSNO(m): 7:36am On Sep 01, 2023
aQUINandmore:
I have lived in both regions and I believe strongly that your point does not apply in this case.

The problem we have in the south is not ecological or weather problem but 100 percent govt failure.

Any standard road irrespective of the weather condition ought to last at least 8 years before it starts wearing off but what do we have in the south, a contractor pouring tar on an ordinary ground like akamu and when it gets washed away in the next rainfall the govt and people like you will start blaming weather forecast grin grin

Kwakwaso would add another layer of tar to most roads that were showing signs of wearing off, pot holes and etc but I have never seen any governor done anything like that in the south in my 25 years of existence.

Take for example the road you are seeing in that picture, does that road looks like a road that has been tarred for ages that's been preserved by good weather.

And lastly, I'm not an oga, I'm a queen, a sugar baby, I am tinubu"s favorite sugar baby kiss kiss
😁 grin Tinubu’s sugar baby indeed.
We have government failure no doubt but still don't discount weather and soil type. I lived in Benin for some years and I saw what rain can do to a well built road with drainage first hand.

And the northerners I have met have confirmed it, one was very surprised how deeply we dig foundation for houses here.

Erosion dey remove dead body from grave in some parts of Benin, what do you think will happen to roads built in that area.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by somehow: 7:38am On Sep 01, 2023
This is actually not new.

I witnessed this around 2006 in Surulere Lagos, I personally stayed in the divide when it happened, one part of me inside the rain and the other part of me outside the rain on the same street.

It was wonderful
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by aQUINandmore: 7:58am On Sep 01, 2023
NSNO:

😁 grin Tinubu’s sugar baby indeed.
We have government failure no doubt but still don't discount weather and soil type. I lived in Benin for some years and I saw what rain can do to a well built road with drainage first hand.

And the northerners I have met have confirmed it, one was very surprised how deeply we dig foundation for houses here.

Erosion dey remove dead body from grave in some parts of Benin, what do you think will happen to roads built in that area.
grin grin
Your submission still amazes me.

Take benin for example, the weather and soil is not the problem in Benin but the govt, desperate times they say deserves desperate measures and our govt have the funds to tackle this menace headlong.

What benin needs is a standard water storm project, good roads and corresponding deep and standard drainage and all our erosion and flooding problems will be a thing of the past.
But what we have in Benin since 1999 are governors that just come, pour tar on roads without drainages and even when there is a drainage it will be as shallow as a table plate.
Instead of being linked to ponds, rivers etc, Benin drainages are either connected to the next town or the next bus stop or even the next street or next compound sef if the person in charge dey vex.

Not until oshiomhole came that I saw a deep drainage with a walkway for the first time in Benin.
What is a 30 billion naira water storm project that an oil producing state like edo cannot complete by two successive governments in good 16 years?

Benin problem is not soil or weather but simply lack of water storm, ponds, standard roads with drainages and all these are as a result of failure in governance.

The world has become too advanced to be siting soil and weather as reasons for bad roads, Nigeria is too rich that soil and weather conditions are too insignificant to be mentioned in this regard abeg.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Benin though, we are a very accommodating people, we no get wahala for benin here, na only govt be our wahala.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Sirianese: 7:58am On Sep 01, 2023
Micheal35:
Some residents of a Northern state were left stunned after witnessing rainfall in only a section of their street.

They whipped out their phones to record it all while shouting in excitement.

Watch the video below 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/riEMHpdmmQ0

Monkeys
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by webincomeplus(m): 8:11am On Sep 01, 2023
NSNO:

It's because of the soil and weather. If you build a road there, it'll last longer than the one built here in the south because of rain, soil type etc.
Agreed, but they still have more extensive road networks and better rural penetration with tarred roads than in the South. Is that due to soil and weather too?

When it comes to infrastructure and people-friendliness, norther governors have consistently proven to be far better over the years.

How many times has a northern governor delayed the payment of their workers' salaries within the last 10 years or even more. Most states in the South don't have a flawless record in that regard.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by starstaz(m): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2023
Line of equator comes to mind .
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Access03(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2023
Axis313:

Lol.

All the best my brother!😅😀

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Yr Old Palestinian Boy Shot Dead Over Attempted Stabbing In Israel (photos). / FG Moves To Boost Gas Supply To Power Plants / IBB Is A Closet Homosexual ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.