Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street (3558 Views)

Nimet Lists States To Experience Heavy Rainfall In Next Three Days / Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix / Inside Sanusi Lamido's New House In Awe, Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Micheal35: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
Some residents of a Northern state were left stunned after witnessing rainfall in only a section of their street.

They whipped out their phones to record it all while shouting in excitement.

Watch the video below 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/riEMHpdmmQ0

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by IamAtAnger: 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
Wonders of nature

7 Likes

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by vowiski(m): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
Most Norther states have good roads sha..

Not the thiefing bastards we have in the South

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by mariovito(m): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
While I agree that embezzlement of funds is the bane of bad roads in the south, you'll also bear in mind that soil difference is a major reason for bad roads in the south.

While the north us mostly dry and enjoy good run off, the south is mostly wet and swampy.

Still, I believe that with good construction, we can have good durable roads in the south

vowiski:

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by triple996(m): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
That's Kaduna
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by BoldBrainz(m): 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2023
Why's that looking like the express that reroutes to television garage in Kaduna?
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by GanagiBitrus: 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
Unusual, but not mysterious.

2 Likes

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
i witness the same today along badagry exp way

3 Likes

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Westerhoffe(m): 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2023
I've witnessed it several times...but one thing got my attention one day when I came across it in the Bible…

“And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.”
— Amos 4:7 (KJV)

What signs do you think this is giving us?
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Ozommadu: 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
Something we dey witness here daily.

Sometimes you will even see it running to you from the back.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Parachoko: 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
Micheal35:
Some residents of a Northern state were left stunned after witnessing rainfall in only a section of their street.

They whipped out their phones to record it all while shouting in excitement.

Watch the video below 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/riEMHpdmmQ0
This same thing happened in Gbagada this morning

39 Likes

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Axis313(m): 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
vowiski:

Sincerely,I am not even interested in the rain but how good the road is.I served in Katsina state some years back,and my PPA was in Faskari local government,all the roads in that local government was tarred and in good conditions,especially those inner streets ones,all the inner street roads down here na mud full am,and it's only during the dry seasons they only grade those roads,and we always claim we are more intelligent and enlightened than them.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by NSNO(m): 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
Axis313:

Sincerely,I am not even interested in the rain but how good the road is.I served in Katsina state some years back,and my PPA was in Faskari local government,all the roads in that local government is tarred and in good conditions,especially those inner streets ones,all the inner street roads down here na mud full am,and it's only during the dry seasons they only grade those roads,and we always claim we are more intelligent and enlightened than them.
It's because of the soil and weather. If you build a road there, it'll last longer than the one built here in the south because of rain, soil type etc.

7 Likes

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Beremx(f): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
Micro-Climate doing wonders
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by ruggedtimi(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
No big deal...wen u drive under the rain u notice this regularly

1 Like

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Mightymanna(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
vowiski:

Especially Jigawa State, you will hardly see bad roads, you will see smooth Dual carriageway all over the state Capital and even local governments.

4 Likes

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by CJStarz: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ba wahala
E go for the other side tomorrow
Insha Allahu
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by ItisWell22(f): 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
Witnessed it couple of times myself, and it is always amazing.

Ozommadu:
Something we dey witness here daily.

Sometimes you will even see it running to you from the back.

Especially Aba. 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by CSTRR: 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
Axis313:

Sincerely,I am not even interested in the rain but how good the road is.I served in Katsina state some years back,and my PPA was in Faskari local government,all the roads in that local government is tarred and in good conditions,especially those inner streets ones,all the inner street roads down here na mud full am,and it's only during the dry seasons they only grade those roads,and we always claim we are more intelligent and enlightened than them.
Is it the same Katsina where Poverty is in the air?

Would you rather have been born in Katsina than in your southern state?
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by vowiski(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
Axis313:

I am telling you my brother. It’s so sad…

A norther politician will loot but work, .. Look at Ganduje for example ..

But southern politicians ? Kia ..

Is it Obaseki ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Omoawoke2(m): 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2023
A UFO is hanging in the sky there using invisibility technology
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by AgentGoat: 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2023
NSNO:

It's because of the soil and weather. If you build a road there, it'll last longer than the one built here in the south because of rain, soil type etc.

My guy, i know soil factor is there but those guys up north takes road building serious.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by TooMuchStuff: 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
mariovito:
While I agree that embezzlement of funds is the bane of bad roads in the south, you'll also bear in mind that soil difference is a major reason for bad roads in the south.

While the north us mostly dry and enjoy good run off, the south is mostly wet and swampy.

Still, I believe that with good construction, we can have good durable roads in the south

There is unwritten standing 🧍‍♂️ rule at federal government level regarding first order of priority in the execution of infrastructural contracts.
The Core North of Muslims territories receives excellent and speedy execution. while rest of the North takes second. then Southwest.....
least of them all is Southeastern states.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Poisonousman: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
Axis313:

Faskari.. that rubbish local government... Place network no dey 😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣

You get mind ooo.. 2016 naa dutsinma I dey

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by Jamestown123: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
TooMuchStuff:

There is a standing 🧍‍♂️ rule at federal government level regarding first order of priority in the execution of infrastructural contracts.
The Core North of Muslims territories receives excellent and speedy execution. while rest of the North takes second. then Southwest.....
least of them all is Southeastern states.
Una sha get excuse for different failures from una governors. North is doing better in terms of roads infrastructure, a agree and just move on, but no.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by EmekaA125(m): 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2023
Mightymanna:

Especially Jigawa State, you will hardly see bad roads, you will see smooth Dual carriageway all over the state Capital and even local governments.
But they don't build houses. Northerners only have good roads.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by EmekaA125(m): 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Poisonousman:

You bin expect network to dey for Faskari??
From Faskari to Jibia to Niger Republic not reach 50km.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by EmekaA125(m): 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
vowiski:

I am telling you my brother. It’s so sad…

A norther politician will loot but work, .. Look at Ganduje for example ..

But southern politicians ? Kia ..

Is it Obaseki ?
Is it Okezie Ikpeazu or Sanwo-Olu abi na Dakpo Abiodun ?? Southern governors are idiots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by EmekaA125(m): 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
CJStarz:
Ba wahala
E go for the other side tomorrow
Insha Allahu
Ba'a matsala.
Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by EmekaA125(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
The entire North including Kogi, Benue, Kwara and Niger always experience low rainfall because of its savannah vegetation so this in turn helps their roads to last longer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents In Awe After Witnessing Rainfall In Only A Section Of Their Street by NFBI: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
Poisonousman:

Me na sabuwa i served

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Uche Chukwumerije Lies And Believe In Cheating Other Nigerian , Why? / I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari / Buhari Sold Ikoyi Property To Fund Children's Education-dr Noble Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.