Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,228 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud (32123 Views)

Pic: Elon Musk Had Twins With One Of His Top Executives / Bank Ceos, Top Executives Jittery As EFCC Orders Bankers To Declare Assets / Nigerian Banks Sack 2,929 Workers In Three Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
That's the retirement benefits smarts people 😂 😂
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
No be new thing. I believe most bank frauds are committed by or in connection with insiders

How do you explain that you deposit a huge amount today, and just few hours from then, someone from the bank will call you with fictitious claims and asking you to confirm a code sent to you?

How do the criminals get your bank details including recent transactions, which make you believe them when they call you?

I remember opening account with Unity bank and they were hammering on it for me that don't send any code to anyone that calls you from this bank... Like it was rang into my ears throughout my account opening session by different workers there... I got home that evening and transferred an amount to the account to use for tuition payment for something, surprisingly, about 5minutes or so after the transfer, I got a call from someone claiming to be calling me from Unity bank and saying he wanted to confirm some details and all, then asking me to forward a code to him... I just cut call

Make them dey catch them abeg

Side note: [/b]Please, is there anyway to report policemen who have decided to get rich through harassing boys at Papa Ashafa area of Lagos? They specifically stay along Olabode street, off Ipaja road, after NYSC... They come in the morning, leave and return in the afternoon, only to leave and return again in the evening... They drag you down from bike and ask Keke to offload all the male passengers inside the Keke... Then harass them to make transfers[b]

I don't want to believe the DPO of the area is not aware of it o... Something has to be done, because when people change it for them now and use them for target, the police will carry it like Seun's case, but they ain't doing anything now o

1 Like

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
That said, several fraud cases couldn’t have happened without the help of insiders in some of the banks. I think Nigerian banks should spend more money on the welfare of their staff while making appropriate changes to their internal processes, starting from their hiring processes.”

I've been on this since forever. Even with the recent increments from frw banks that went public, some mofos among them still continue with the low pay, little did they know that they are sitting on a ticking time bomb..
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by OlujobaSamuel: 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
jayAjoku:
If banks actually paid their staff really well I believe some of these cases would’ve been avoided Of course there will always be cases of fraud regardless of pay it’s not easy looking after huge sums of money without being tempted
You are right, just like our politicians.

1 Like

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Oyindidi(f): 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/banks-sack-110-top-executives-others-over-n82bn-fraud/?amp
thieves everywhere, government sector, banking sector, educational sector, political sector, where else is safe?

1 Like

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2023
Lol
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Skillsnigeria: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
grin hmmm
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Blackdisciple(m): 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2023
Commenting, ICT expert and Senior Partner of e86 Limited, Olugbenga Odeyemi, recently said several fraud cases needed insiders from banks.
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by CJStarz: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
To avoid being implicated, ighotago?😂

NwaNimo1:
But not prosecuted?

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Segzy19: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
What is this one saying oo... how is this your comment related to the post? You better don't develop BP on APC and Peter Obi... make you rest abeg

donjazzet:
Nairalanders should be aware of the propaganda network of the APC on this site.

Many pro-apc commented here are not average users like you and I but a paid group of individuals who are paid to try and shape and manipulate public opinion.

A key way to notice it to observe how their likes in some posts are very similar to the numbers of likes on pro-obi posts.

Beware, don't fall victim to their propaganda

1 Like

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by jayAjoku(m): 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2023
inoki247:

Lol you think you can pay Nigeria well and see opportunity to Loot and still not use it....

You people don't know the Citizens are not different from the Politicians....

The Senators are paid well and they still pad Budget loot constituency project money...
seems you didn’t read my post properly I already accounted for that in the last parts theft is inevitable in any financial institution regardless of skin color somebody must steal something from the system.
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by 43Ronin: 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nazgul:
Most fraud that occurs on customers accounts are aided by bank staffs. It's an open secret which everyone knows.

I believe that the punishment should be stiffer, sacking them isn't enough, cos most customers become suicidal (some even die of HBP) after going through the trauma of loosing their life savings to fraudsters.

10-15 years in jail should be a fair punishment. Once this is enforced and fraudulent bank staffs are convicted and imprisoned, others would refrain from that crime and focus on their jobs.
as long as bankers are paid peanuts there will continue to be fraud and the banks must pay back to their customers. Bankers don't get prosecuted because the banks pay back such fraud and the customers don't worry again since their money is back. However if you jonze ur pin or login credentials your money is gone 4eva.

1 Like

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by barinedan(m): 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
How many of them are in jail or going through court prosecution? Or does it mean they were only sacked to go and enjoy the money they stole?
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Efcc would not parade them ooo.

Nonsense

Na yahoo boys be their target.
Meanwhile someone is stealing inheritance of families and siphoning people money
Living and dead with no pity.

Efcc will not parade them.

Zenith bank chop my 10k

They will frustrate you until you get tired of going to the bank.
Your hard earned money.

Sometimes if them rob bank nothing concern me. Those banks dey rob innocent people daily.

Irony of it is the same people who are been robbed without knowing are always ready to catch the robbers.

Hullabaloo.

Banks commit the greatest fraud and cover it because the share holders self na government officials.

This country if I think about I just wonder.

When will things be right
stop Yahoo
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
Helper1000:
stop Yahoo

Stop drinking garri.
So you can read n understand
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by gentleguy1975: 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
inoki247:

Lol you think you can pay Nigeria well and see opportunity to Loot and still not use it....

The Senators are paid well and they still pad Budget loot constituency project money...
even from the headline,it involved too executive of the banks, infact there are many high profile frauds in the banks involving even the mdceo!
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Funflipper: 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
inoki247:

That is what they refused to understand. The problem is the rotten society. For every 100 Nigerians you count, you can be rest assured that 97 are potential criminals waiting for any given opportunity to strike.

1 Like

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by AbdulhakeemIdris(m): 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ojimi Ayodeji is same person as Ayodeji Samson Ogunjimi, the Coowner of Sokoloan and others loan apps related to Sokoloan. These guys are syndicate
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Chetas81(m): 8:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
IF YOU REALLY CHECK VERY WELL, THE NIGERIAN CITIZEN ARE NOT HUMAN BEING
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Chetas81(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Stop drinking garri.
So you can read n understand
yahoo boys contribute nothing to the Nigeria economy , prosperity have no meaning to the Nigerian citizen
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by highchief1: 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2023
nafisu:
Mostly insider job, had a case a while back when banks had revoked international transactions, I was hit with a debit and all the bank could say was I compromised my details at a time when international transactions where no longer possible but somehow an international transaction occurred on mine that can't be traced. Naso money go
yes I lost 275k in fidelity years back same thg they told me.that I compromised my details.I wanted to sue them but my guy told me to lock up.Make u no go pursue thief sotey thief begin pursue u.Banks no Dey naija

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Evercurious(f): 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2023
MrGreenMavro:
Banking sef no easy...the temptation too much. It takes the grace of God to survive banking without any dent.

Kudos to the fraud free bankers.

I hope Chelsea top their group and qualify for the knockout stage of this year UCL.

Nothing like tempting. Naa just greed dey cause am. Work with them to understand what I mean... I ve and I know what I m saying
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by soccerlite: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
Lolz

They may used the money to jakpa
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2023
Chetas81:
yahoo boys contribute nothing to the Nigeria economy , prosperity have no meaning to the Nigerian citizen

Did I state support for fraudsters

Some people are just frustrated.

Go sleep
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by Chetas81(m): 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2023
THE NIGERIAN WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE THIS HELL THEY BUILD AS COUNTRY
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by ThatCEO: 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2023
donjazzet:
Nairalanders should be aware of the propaganda network of the APC on this site.

Many pro-apc commented here are not average users like you and I but a paid group of individuals who are paid to try and shape and manipulate public opinion.

A key way to notice it to observe how their likes in some posts are very similar to the numbers of likes on pro-obi posts.

Beware, don't fall victim to their propaganda

I actually want to do an infographies of 10 ten zombies. Helinues alone has almost 80,000 posts. Emperor of the zombies grin

But I am looking at doing a python program that will rank all zombies based on their weekly posts from d click of just one button
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by zicoraads: 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
A junior staff of one of the banks in Minna was arrested last week for this. How he managed to move over 100 million is beyond me. And over 50 million was lost in betting. Then the other 50+ was squandered on this lady he was dating, a staff of the bank's subsidiary. Now he is in jail, while his wife had no idea when he was doing all of it, as he never brought any money home or even buy anything expensive.

The fraud was discovered from the banks HQ. A lot of people are in trouble here. Starting from the manager, heads of units, auditors. It was HQ that sent auditors because something was amiss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by IamtheTruth1(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/banks-sack-110-top-executives-others-over-n82bn-fraud/?amp

You want to spend billions in educating your staffs but you won’t pay them reasonable amount?? Is that not madness? Most banks want to engage you through sub contractors. They want quality service but pay shit

1 Like

Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by zicoraads: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

You want to spend billions in educating your staffs but you won’t pay them reasonable amount?? Is that not madness? Most banks want to engage you through sub contractors. They want quality service but pay shit
Not enough reason to become a thief.
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by ChristianMuslim: 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2023
Igbo kwenu... Kwezuenu... Awon omo ole
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by IamtheTruth1(m): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
zicoraads:

Not enough reason to become a thief.

Where did I state it was enough reason or gave the impression that it was ?
Re: Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud by MICVOCT(m): 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
...shouldn't expect less.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? / Fire Guts Shema Mega Petrol Filling Station In Abuja (Photos) / Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.