Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Can The Resolution Of A Computer Affect It's Performance? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can The Resolution Of A Computer Affect It's Performance? (1471 Views)

Dollar-naira Exchange Rate To Affect IT Professional Certification Price? / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Resolution Of A Computer Affect It's Performance? by uselo: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2007
Can the Resolution of a Computer affect it's Performance??. Please I need an urgent responce to this question.
Re: Can The Resolution Of A Computer Affect It's Performance? by Ralvy(m): 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2007
I think u need tu be more elaborate .

Performance can mean many things,

are u talkin' about the speed at which the Computer can carry out commands?
Re: Can The Resolution Of A Computer Affect It's Performance? by uselo: 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2007
yes! I mean the performance .Can the Resolution of a PC affect the rate at which it responds to commands
Re: Can The Resolution Of A Computer Affect It's Performance? by Ralvy(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2007
No! It shuldn't . bh in some cases, it's possible, Please post these here:

Harware Details:

Processor Speed
RAM
Make (Intel?? Pen, Cele . (bla!)

laptop/Desktop?

Screen Resolution?
Re: Can The Resolution Of A Computer Affect It's Performance? by ojoagefu(f): 11:53am On Sep 12, 2007
Thanks for the little responce, but am still not satisfied with it.Kindly post a better one.
Re: Can The Resolution Of A Computer Affect It's Performance? by Ralvy(m): 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2007
@Ojoagefu;

Did u ask a q?
Re: Can The Resolution Of A Computer Affect It's Performance? by hexgear(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2007
@uselo

The resolution of the computer can affect its performance but only slightly, probably to the point where you might not even notice the difference. With varying resolutions the computer spends more (or less) time rendering the GUI (graphical user interface, i.e. the folders, menus, icons and other things that you see on the screen). As you increase the resolution you effectively increase the number of pixels per square inch meaning the computer has to manage/process more pixels, more data and more memory just to display a better and sharper image on the screen. Think of it like taking a poor quality picture versus a high quality picture with the same digital camera, which one would take more time to do?

One way you can justify this is by observing the speed of the mouse while using different resolutions.

Hope that helps

(1) (Reply)

Antivirus Not Updating With Starcomms Izaap / I Need A Clean UK Or London Used Laptop. / How Do I Burn Mp4 Videos To Cds& Dvds On Windows 10?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.