Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) (24692 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by slimghost(m): 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
Gawd go punish this modenine.
The guy no dey encourage "up and coming artiste" at all. lol grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
DBR:

wow. .RapJunkie u beat me to it.
Nice one fam'

Now if thats not a cumlaude verse i dont know wat is.

oNe

lyrically. . .modo is one of the best. . . .worldwide no be just Africa. . . .
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by CLASSIFYD(m): 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
baba sege is a beast, witowt him d cypher wld hv bin like shit on diaper, by far!

sinzu's verse wz like jerkn off nd jst abt to climax den ur mom walks in on u, grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by medjai(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
Looks like I'm the only one who thinks XO did well.
1. Mode 9
2. XO
3. Ice Prince
4. Sauce Kid
5. MI
6. Naeto C
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Fred87(m): 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
CLASSIFYD:

baba sege is a beast, witowt him d cypher wld hv bin like poo on diaper, by far!

sinzu's verse wz like jerkn off nd jst abt to climax den your mom walks in on u, grin
[b][/b]wad'd do bruh? Its Bin a while sha, holla,,,,eeezz
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tical(m): 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
rapjunkie:

MODE 9'S VERSE

I sport all white , stunt like I'm playing cricket.
u in the back ground chirping , u playing cricket
funny pants like you and lil wayne kick it
protesting against me the lames picket
u won't be fly if u bought a plane ticket
look my word plays incredible fam
to get into my rhyme book you need a retinal scan.
stake out the  doberman in the sentinel van.
the definition of a heckler - unintentional fan
blow me pause homie your full of baloney
Phonies creeping n crawling without spines
double jeopardy they get blinded and out shined
I burn mics leave nothing but charred outlines
the last time I was out rhymed I was about 9
no five go plank on a bee hive
better yet strap weights on and deep sea dive
pure crap! undecided Dude was jst playin smart by bein a bit witty undecided No brilliant punchlines. .the openin Cricket lines was a joke grin

u wuldnt be Fly /if u bought a plane ticket grin grin grin grin grin wtf Was this supposed to be dope?

The attention seeker even thot he culd get ppl's attention by takin shots @ lil wayne. .Fail! undecided

Cant believe y'all hav bn make a fuss outta this trashy lines for 2days naw embarassed embarassed embarassed

Now sombody post XO senavoe's cypher lines lets compare!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coolguyz(m): 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2011
XO's lyrics

The Outlook’s bright, that’s the Word, all I do is Excel
And Casey Anthony rappers, my flow should be on the pill
The Lyrical Dangote, even Aliko couldn’t get on this ‘bill’
Last year I watched this from my office – now I’m here – Surreal!
Pray for me, I’m spittin’ in a sick way, and I’m (Azikwe Nnamdi) – Truth!
Yeh “We Are Africans – Awoo!”
But the rap crown was roaming (Roman) and so I ceased her (Caesar) – Poof!
Talking ‘racks on racks on racks’?
‘Maybachs on bachs on bachs’?
Not stopping ’til Fortune companies hire Blacks on Blacks
Dagrin and Amy Winehouse, RIP!
Now “Back to Black” E.T.
I B-E-T that if yo B C’s D’s (b****/baby sees these)
She will press ‘pause’ (paws) on me, like I’m E-V-E
The sickest lyricist to spit it infinite in minutes is winning would dream it like Hakeem but now like Brixton I’m “innit” (in it)
U see I sawed this beat, its now an eye sore in the I.C.U.
Buzzing ’bout who the best be(e)?
I’m all 3 … Minus 2!

. . . courtesy - free naija lyrics
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2011
^^
didn't know the verse was that pretty.
didn't sound that way coming from him though,
gues he could have done better with the delivery.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coolguyz(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
amblors:

^^
didn't know the verse was that pretty.
didn't sound that way coming from him though,
gues he could have done better with the delivery.

GBAM! way peeps wrote him off was like he ddnt even merit a mention. agreed he's got loads of work to do to improve bt lyrics were at least 'okay' (better pass fair).
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
Mobinga:

Here's the video.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSuPST8OUbw?version=3" type="[/flash]

disappointed with this cypher. i just saw a bunch of baby rappers trying to do what they ain't capable of!
a big shout out to m.i. though - he half-killed it. mode-9 was a bit ok. the others were just wack!

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE3MLDl-wJ8?version=3"[/flash]

now, the above is what i call a cypher - not the baby rhymes mode-9 and his friends were doing there.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tosinaded(m): 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2011
Modenine killed it cool
Punchlines, attitude and delivery were all on Pont!

Iceprince flow was really nice. . but the punchlines were terrible

M.I . , his intro really put me off . . . not bad tho . .

Saucekid . . Nice intro . . attitude and dellivery on point! no punchlines tho

XO . . Punchlines insane, poor delivery. . and that killed it, people didnt bother listening

NaetoC . . Did everything wrong on the Night . very poor

Modenine > Saucekid > M.I > XO > Iceprince > Naeto

If only XO's delivery was top notch, em for dey follow Modenine drag sef . . .
Saucekid didnt have 1/10 if the punchlines XO did . . but sauce aced him on delivery!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by chrisical(m): 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
Just saw the clip.I used to dislike modenine(mainly coz of his beef wiv rugged) but i must confess mode is the sickest lyricist of this generation, . . But how come almost everyone is saying X.O spat wack?The occassion got the better of him but his lines were on point.Why the likes of O.D,Vector,Terrytharapman and Pherowshuz didnt get invited beats my imagination.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tical(m): 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
coolguyz:

XO's lyrics

The Outlook’s bright, that’s the Word, all I do is Excel
And Casey Anthony rappers, my flow should be on the pill
The Lyrical Dangote, even Aliko couldn’t get on this ‘bill’
Last year I watched this from my office – now I’m here – Surreal!
Pray for me, I’m spittin’ in a sick way, and I’m (Azikwe Nnamdi) – Truth!
Yeh “We Are Africans – Awoo!”
But the rap crown was roaming (Roman) and so I ceased her (Caesar) – Poof!
Not stopping ’til Fortune companies hire Blacks on Blacks
Now “Back to Black” E.T.
I B-E-T that if yo B C’s D’s (b****/baby sees these)
She will press ‘pause’ (paws) on me, like I’m E-V-E
The sickest lyricist to spit it infinite in minutes is winning would dream it like Hakeem but now like Brixton I’m “innit” (in it)
Buzzing ’bout who the best be(e)?
I’m all 3 … Minus 2!

Gawd . .Now this what I call lyricism. .fresh train of thot. .XO was creative wiv originality 2 his style. .he was talkin africa, dangote, Nnamdi azikiwe ,tribute 2 dagrin etc. This dude verse is way better than Mode9.

Mode9 came out wit his same ol' style of lyricism, wit no identity. None of his bars connects wit where he comes from. I jst knew he wil do this. I swear if a US label signs mode9, he wil neva rep naija #Fact

they were all lame buh XO actually killd this cypher wiv his brilliant lyrics, xo nids to rily work on his delivery tho

@coolguyz 10x 4 d lyrics mahn
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by bkbabe97y(m): 12:28am On Oct 18, 2011
Theres a reason BET couldnt, and wouldnt, Show this to the audience out here :THIS SHIYYYT WAS STRAIGHT UP GARBAGE! Trash!!!! Is this what yall call rap? Roflmao! Straight up rubbish. Sorry.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 1:01am On Oct 18, 2011
@tical

you are a dummy. . .the problem with XO is that:

1. his delivery is shyte
2. his 'lyricism' is just too long winded plus they hardly make sense

now lets take a closer look at his verse

coolguyz:

XO's lyrics

The Outlook’s bright, that’s the Word, all I do is Excel - really? he must have been proud of this primary school line
And Casey Anthony rappers, my flow should be on the pill - Casey Anthony was cleared of murder and wtf has she got to do with the pill? . . . what type of shitty wordplay is this?
The Lyrical Dangote, even Aliko couldn’t get on this ‘bill’ .  . . . .his name is Aliko Dangote. . . . . so how is this wordplay? . . . .'bill' as in money? . . .pure crap
Last year I watched this from my office – now I’m here – Surreal! . . .  . .no comment
Pray for me, I’m spittin’ in a sick way, and I’m (Azikwe Nnamdi) – Truth!. . . . . .'sick way' nnamdi azikiwe'??. . . .wtf is the connection?  Zik died aged 91 years
Yeh “We Are Africans – Awoo!”. . . . extremely poor referencing JJC's song
But the rap crown was roaming (Roman) and so I ceased her (Caesar) – Poof!. . . the only half decent line in the whole verse
Not stopping ’til Fortune companies hire Blacks on Blacks. . . . .he stole these lyrics from Kanye West on WTT ' Gotta have it' . . .   SHAME!!
Now “Back to Black” E.T. . . .Poor. . . since he mentioned Dagrin as well why didn't he word play with the CEO album?
I B-E-T that if yo B C’s D’s (b****/baby sees these). . . .  .complete garbage . . . . .who the F is supposed to understand that trash?
She will press ‘pause’ (paws) on me, like I’m E-V-E[b]. . . .  .weak. . . . very weak. . . .press 'paws' like im EVE?. . . is he a drag queen now?[/b]
The sickest lyricist to spit it infinite in minutes is winning would dream it like Hakeem but now like Brixton I’m “innit” (in it). . . terrible. . .is it only in Brixton they say 'innit'?. . .plus whats that got to do with the rest of the line. . .also. . .wtf does spitting infinite in minutes is winning' mean?. . . is he Charlie Sheen?. . CHAI!!. . .complete pants
Buzzing ’bout who the best be(e)?. . . no comment
I’m all 3 … Minus 2!. . .  . .makes no sense since there were 6 MC's. so it should have been 6 minus 5 but that didn't rhyme so he says 3 minus 2. . . Poor!

overall score 0.5/ 10

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Rhymstein(m): 5:38am On Oct 18, 2011
X.O forces his wordplay, paint a damn picture, make ur lines more narative n have a gud rhyme pattern, Wit all due respect,he was rappin to himself, ilike dat excel pun n afew others,
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by medjai(m): 8:13am On Oct 18, 2011
^^True that. Some of his word plays are so forced. . . the Nnamdi Azikiwe line was pure garbage.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by BabaEleko(m): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2011
Yeah! Too much forcing by X.O, he needs to create a melody with his delivery and create a story line.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by ahmedoo(m): 8:53am On Oct 18, 2011
Lyrical mode9,killer m.I,fly ice prince,super naeto, xo honestly dis dude didn't perform 2badly .
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Ibime(m): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2011
Tical is just chatting nonsense.

XO does not know how to drop his punches for maximum effect. He does not create "suspense" before delivering the killer line. Couple that with weird accent, wago jago flow and what you get is a man talking to himself.

Mode's lines were dope, coupled with the way he dropped them and you have a winning formula. The "kast time I got outrhymed, I was about 9" line was dropped to maximum effect.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 9:33am On Oct 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Theres a reason BET couldnt, and wouldnt, Show this to the audience out here :THIS SHIYYYT WAS STRAIGHT UP GARBAGE! Trash!!!! Is this what yall call rap? Roflmao! Straight up rubbish. Sorry.

Think before posting.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by MrGlobe(m): 9:59am On Oct 18, 2011
^ Nah, you are rather the uninformed one lol. It was shown on BET INTERNATIONAL not BET AMERICA. BET America aired the hip hop awards on last tuesday without the Nigerian cypher while BET INTERNATIONAL aired on saturday. Common, you know those lines were pretty weak for the American audience. It would have showed them there was no talent in Nigeria so it was helpful in some way too
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2011
Mr. Globe:

^ Nah, you are rather the uninformed one lol. It was shown on BET INTERNATIONAL not BET AMERICA. BET America aired the hip hop awards on last tuesday without the Nigerian cypher while BET INTERNATIONAL aired on saturday. Common, you know those lines were pretty weak for the American audience. It would have showed them there was no talent in Nigeria so it was helpful in some way too

He said :

Theres a reason BET couldnt, and wouldnt, Show this to the audience out here

Like it wasn't aired at all and was just pushed aside. Plus the clown is just hating unnecessarily.

Everyone knows the cypher was weak, rightfully so. Those are the clowns you guys put on top.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 10:20am On Oct 18, 2011
Ibime:

Tical is just chatting nonsense.

XO does not know how to drop his punches for maximum effect. He does not create "suspense" before delivering the killer line. Couple that with weird accent, wago jago flow and what you get is a man talking to himself.

Mode's lines were drugs, coupled with the way he dropped them and you have a winning formula. The "kast time I got outrhymed, I was about 9" line was dropped to maximum effect.

That's it! Couldn't even hear what XO was saying.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2011
Mobinga:

He said :

Theres a reason BET couldnt, and wouldnt, Show this to the audience out here

Like it wasn't aired at all and was just pushed aside. Plus the clown is just hating unnecessarily.

Everyone knows the cypher was weak, rightfully so. Those are the clowns you guys put on top.

"here" is the operative word.
bk.babe is right. mobinga, you are wrong!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2011
coogar:

"here" is the operative word.
bk.babe is right. mobinga, you are wrong!

I know, Sherlock.

I lost on this. Let me edit, before I bring further damage

Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by jiggaz(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2011
Mode 9 is a great lyricist, he's good and his swag is always on-point.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tical(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2011
Mr. Globe:

Tell them. .They neva had a worldwide audience after all embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed apart frm Naeto & XO. .the others were wannabes fakin wiv serious identity crisis undecided
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by DBR: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2011
@Tical. .I can understand how u feel. But lyricsm is not about flowery incongruent xpressions. X.O is just all over the place. Dude is nice, don't get me wrong, Mode9 is just miles ahead of them on so many checklist. Its not a mistake that those who are not just listeners but those who pen dope lyrics even on NL considered M9's verse top draw. It was compact,tot was precise, mature and u cld follow it thru. And inspite of it not being so lengthy it delivered d heaviest effect needed for a cypher. X.O got potential, but he has loads of work to do.
Ma 2cent.

oNe
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by slimshay(m): 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
These boys no go kill person, what was that crotch grabbing jumpology X-O was doing on a cypher? shocked Since last year everybody has been telling XO the same thing. Eni a wi fun, oba je o gbo.

Funny how them 'folks' kept quiet and didnt say nothing until someone posted Modenine's lyrics and then they felt they had a point to criticise and then ended up getting put in their places.

Its a cypher, nobody cares if you are talking about your grandmother's best friends sick puppy, they care however about the way you tell are telling it.

the last time I was out rhymed I was about 9 . . . . . .the delivery of that line alone killed everybody on that cypher

In other news, Saucekid still dey flow o. cool
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
Props cool
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2011
slimshay:

These boys no go kill person, what was that crotch grabbing jumpology X-O was doing on a cypher? shocked Since last year everybody has been telling XO the same thing. Eni a wi fun, oba je o gbo.

Funny how them 'folks' kept quiet and didnt say nothing until someone posted Modenine's lyrics and then they felt they had a point to criticise and then ended up getting put in their places.

Its a cypher, nobody cares if you are talking about your grandmother's best friends sick puppy, they care however about the way you tell are telling it.

the last time I was out rhymed I was about 9 . . . . . .the delivery of that line alone killed everybody on that cypher

In other news, Saucekid still dey flow o. cool

that distracted me from what he was saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sesan's Official Statement On Leaked Skelewu Video / M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) / Fireboy DML Becomes The First Afrobeat Artiste To Perform On BET Awards Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.