Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) (24727 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by BabaEleko(m): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
joudini:

I hope this shuts down once and for all who Nigeria's illest lyricist is. Anybody who can standup regardless of affiliation to say Mode9 is not the illest don't know droppings and is better off moonwalking on landmines. Real recognise real.

This ain't manliness riding but saying it the way it is.

Real talk from a real dawg.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Daiquiri: 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2011

OP is 100% spot on

The above is an eye-opener book

They all should get intimate with it
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by netghost: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2011
THE RATING SHOULD GO LIKE THIS

1. MODE 9
2.SAUCE KID
3. MI
4. ICE PRINCE
5. NAETO C
6 ,

the X.O guy should not even be on the list , NAETO C needs to improve, no be book matter be this na
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by kony1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2011
when was this? i dont remember seeing this during the show?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Princek12(m): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2011
mykali:

not going to abuse you, but just gonna point out that 'rapping' originated from the USA, so even those rapping in pijin or vernacuar are still 'copying' the originators of the genre. although, i agree with you, especially about the types of Naeto and Sauce who try too much to sound American.

i don't have a problem with naija rappers in general, except the ones who try to copy the particular style of american rappers. the ones who rap in pidgin at least are using their mother tongue.

the naija rappers who try too hard to sound american are the functional equivalent of someone with a strong naija accent who is trying to speak with an american accent
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2011
Hmmm. . .what stood out for me in the video was the reverence & admiration the others displayed towards Modenine when he was about to spit (like sey hin be their King) and when he was spitting and trust Mode not to disappoint cos his whole demeanour/attitude was bossy and cocky through out. His lines & punches were v.good also

[flash=550,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSuPST8OUbw?version=3" type="[/flash]

M.I did very well too and I was impressed by Ice-Prince's delivery despite his somewhat generic punchlines. Anyway, to cut a long story short, na like this I go rate them. . . .

1. MODENINE - 8.5/10
2. MI - 7/10
3. Ice Prince - 6/10
4. Sauce Kid - 5/10
5. Naeto C - 3/10
6. XO Senavoe - Ungraded cos to me the guy just dey throw tantrum and play tomfoolery grin

In summary, na only Modenine, MI, Sauce Kid and Ice Prince pass cool
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by sakaba(m): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2011
OD and pheroshuz would have killed it
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Daiquiri: 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2011
[flash=400,310]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSuPST8OUbw?v[/flash]
BET NIGERIAN CYPHER formerly Jimmy Jatt's Jump Off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSuPST8OUbw
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by holahabib: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2011
ttt
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by montelik(m): 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2011
If this was d rap olympics qualifiers na only Mode 9 make am. D others were just not good enough, but X.O was least impressive of d lot. Considering this was a big opportunity for him more so than others, he really should have done better.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by pkasso(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
Godwon would probably murder those silly bunnies with the exception of Mode Nine.What was Ice Prince thinking, spitting nursery rhymes? embarassed
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by engrj(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2011
Nija hav no Raper.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by chrisical(m): 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2011
Please can someone post some or all of Modenine's punchlines in the cypher?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by ortopazz(m): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2011
Naija boiz tried alot, M.I, MODE9, PRINZ, KID, X.O GBAM, I WATCHED IT LIVE, WHEN UR TOKING ABOUT, delivery we mean attitude plus lines, mi ad d attittude,he was 2 on point.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by ortopazz(m): 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2011
Naija boiz tried alot, M.I, MODE9,, KID,PrINZ X.O GBAM, I WATCHED IT LIVE, WHEN UR TOKING ABOUT, delivery we mean attitude plus lines, mi ad d attittude,he was 2 on point.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Blackteeth(m): 7:28pm On Oct 16, 2011
Why Jesse Jagz no enter?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by bouzymill2: 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2011
engr j:

Nija hav no Raper.

HEHEHEHE. . . Even Google Translator couldn't detect which language this is.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by bouzymill2: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2011
The worst thing M.I did to himself in 2011 was to spit after Modenine.

Modenine should have been the last to spit.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by dipo1: 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2011
Blackteeth:

Why Jesse Jagz no enter?

Who he wan go 'beat'?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by DCONE1(m): 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2011
@ princek12, go cryyy blood, (that is you own personal opinion), if you dont like or understand real rap methaphore,punchlines,wordplay, GO KISS HOT IRON.plus it is an international event you dont expect them to spit in naija locals cos the people out there wont understand what they are saying.and another point is that these guys are trying to sell them selves out to the world,you think say them wan remain for naija dey do akpako music dey chop small money?, boyz want to chop dollaz,they want to go world wide, they want major record labels to identify and sign them,, plus we want the world to know that nigerias got talent, i no go curse you, i bet your favorite rapper is terry G,the akpako master.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2011
LMFAO.

That's an unbiased review.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Skii(m): 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2011
Being that I appreciated Hip Hop/Rap MCing until it got dead in favour of the trash on the screen these days,

I am now starting to be proud of Naija Music

Thumbs Up!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by aieromon(m): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2011
Hmm,this is the first time I'm feeling Mr Sinzu.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by ortopazz(m): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2011
Okay na atitude list i bin gv, doping nw, Mode grab im modeman of da year, M.i just love him, x.o, d thing dat recomended him wil av nitemares,4eva, as in u come d fia kamera? 'Isinzu',Isinzu' y u bin d find motor wia u no park? Sha it was 2 cold, u knw sauce d tin, jare, ehen ehnen Prince of rhymez, i lykd u o! Na me o! Dem, as in nairalanderz yan say u no try, u make sense 4 me o! Ovaral, Kilz, ought 2 av bin invited, phero baba, i fink, sha gurls no bin dull me, 1bit, ZeE, those ur shades ckatcht Wale eye'z o!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by peckhamboi: 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
The Females version was so much better than the guys , Blaise murdered it.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Skii(m): 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2011
link for the female version please?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by ortopazz(m): 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2011
Naeto.c kema chikwe go ground u, buh abeg o! X.o y m.i make dat kind miztk, say 1 of d finest rapaz, 4 9ja, d guy spoil im market, in front of d whole world, Al of u h8in of Ice prinz, go die, Die, dat guy dun try, im album comot when? Or im singlez, nw he was mesin wiv d rwil dawgz of rap! Abegi joor, thumbz up prinz. M.I I TRIP U DIE. Mode u sef u 2 d fynd trouble! U mean since u were 9? M.I GO DO AM nxt tym.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by ortopazz(m): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2011
2 me o! I FINK d ladiz, did gud, buh first lady, bin fal my handz, I Gv ZEE, D TITLE, she ended it wel, by Just murdering bet'z cypher. Nw datz dope, al of em' muna, blaize, d wer 2 on point' 9ja ladiz, kild briton'z rising house, dat guy name sef, em,em, chipmuk, or wateva, dm ladiez wer bera joor, abeg link us.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2011
omo, person for upload the lyrics o, abeg
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by shotster50(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2011
No doubt Mode took this one and so did MI, Mobinga youse a hater lol
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mobf: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2011
sakaba:

OD and pheroshuz would have killed it

True talk
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by cold(m): 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2011
Yeah though I got issues with M9 over his beef with Rugged,I still give him props.That dude knows his onions.Nuff respect!MI also killed it,can't say much for the rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) / Fireboy DML Becomes The First Afrobeat Artiste To Perform On BET Awards Stage / A Review Of Davido's "A Better Time" Album By Iamsynord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.