Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory (51903 Views)

Peter Obi valid member Of Labour Party As At Time Of Nomination, Tribunal rules / Major Reason Why 25% Of The Abuja Votes Is Compulsory. / Edo 2020 Governorship: Tribunal Rules Against Governor Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Melezenawii: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2023
No Status Attached to FCT. It is a federal capital territory, 25percent not Necessary. - PEPT.

The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal Dismissed Petition of Peter Obi/LP on 25% of FCT required to wins Presidential election, the court rule that FCT Citizens Doesn’t enjoy special privileges ahead of other States.

276 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by burp18: 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2023

243 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Racoon(m): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
As for the mandatory 25% votes constitutional votes in the FCT requirements for being elect president here you have it.

Administration of the FCT
-1"The capital territory shall be treated as if it were a state
And NOT as a state.

-2"Therefore, the president and vice president shall be seen as the governor and deputy governor, the National Assembly has legislative power over the FCT, while the Federal Executive Council (FEC) serves as its State Executive Council (SEC)."
No executive governor. No state cabinet, state assembly or legislature.

-3"Section 302 of the constitution gives the president the prerogative to appoint anyone as the minister of the FCT if he so chooses, or act as the minister if he prefers not to delegate the role..."
The FCT is under the perogative of the president who delegates such power of administering the FCT to anyone whom he deemed fit. Hence such a person or individual is not a constitutionally elected governor or administrator.

-4“302. The President may, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by section 147 of this Constitution, appoint for the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja a Minister who shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be delegated to him by the President, from time to time,” the constitution reads. Mr Wike will face some administrative restraints in administering the city.
A constitutionally elected governor of a state does not act or exercise power with or under any limitation.

No wonder the druggie was screaming there will be chaos if he is removed on account of this mandatory 25% requirement. This is the constitution yet dismissed by the PEPT. A precedence too has been set by the APC government.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by FreeStuffsNG: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
Melezenawii:
No Status Attached to FCT. It is a federal capital territory, 25percent not Necessary. - PEPT.

https://twitter.com/Chrisbamidele/status/1699407024943968554
Stale news.

Thank you OP for sharing.

That plea was thrown out over 2 hours ago!
I broke the news here first.

It's all over again for Mr Obi and the LP mob.

How a man who no dey give shishi now paid millions upon millions of naira to people to go argue these hollow, weak and nebulous pleas beggars belief. It's like a money miss road case or should I say over-wise.Check my signature for free stuffs!

225 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Kaycee9242(m): 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
Dey are playing

6 Likes

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Zionmdde: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
Hmm
APC spokesman reading out written defense is what you guys call election tribunal judgement?
The person that tells you to go to court has his brother as the judge

Let us all stop complaining, Nigeria has Oti lo. Relax and enjoy the nice ride jagaban is about to give us. Let's support everything he does.

But as for today, tinubu will be confirmed president while judges smile to bank to enjoy their billions

144 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by XY23: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
burp18:
😁

Lol. It is the hope that actually 'kills'. We will mourn today and move on tomorrow. Congratulations to BAT's armies here, you won and we lost. I just dey laff.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Laggafin: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
Lol.. this judges are comedians.. democracy now a huge joke with this infested corrupt men in power.. Jackboots should do the needful.. we tired of Demonstration of Craziness

52 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by jahsharon: 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
BAT is here for 8 years.

Shettima is here for 16 years

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by EmirofAfonjaz: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2023
FAKE NEWS

HOW CAN A TWEETER ACCOUNT BE SOURCE OF NEWS? angry
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
Any lp and pdp supporter that expected any favourable judgement today did it at his or her own expense. Can u sack ur boss? If u can't then who lied to u that the judges paid by fg can topple the same pple that pay them? Every judgement you'll see nd read today were written by apc senior lawyers. This judges are just figure head.

65 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Zionmdde: 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
jahsharon:
BAT is here for 8 years.

Shettima is here for 16 years
Yes ooooo
On their mandates we stand

How far, hope the past 100 days has also favored you and your family

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by LesbianBoy(m): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
When I heard this I just laughed

Nigeria will never be great!

Only a fool will come out and vote again with the way the judge dismiss LP case especially this 25%.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by MorataFC: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
FAKE NEWS

HOW CAN A TWEETER ACCOUNT BE SOURCE OF NEWS? angry
Everything is fake for you ppl

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by MorataFC: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
LesbianBoy:
When I heard this I just laughed

Nigeria will never be great angry
SMH
My own Nigeria will be great

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by LesbianBoy(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
These judges are really daring Nigerians

The manner in which he is dismissing all Peter obi case is funny. He even sounds so personal. angry

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by ecolime(m): 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2023
Lobatan

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by b3llo(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2023
Finally this case has been put to rest.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by benuejosh: 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2023
Are you trying to say Labour Party can't recover their mandate?

Those lawyers don cash out from Eluuu P and the man who got advice from a mad man. I am sure the mad man also told him that 25% in the FCT is a must for him. Mad mad don cause the Agulu man him manhood mandate.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by tonididdy(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
It is finished

So OBI lost all his case just like that.
I can’t blame the judges and politicians ( they have families to feed)

Only Jesus can redeem this country! and to do that! He has to physically contest and win FIRST

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by AstralBeing: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by DrAda(f): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
Interesting.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
The criminal has perfected plans to make it look like he has no hands in the rubbish Fashola wrote as the final judgement for today to Favour Thiéfnubu and his foolish sophisticated morons. But let me tell you something, all those who have one way or the other done or supports injustice agaiia people or person usually end badly. Those of you supporting the nonsense going on because you have the power to force anybody to do your biddings, just know that power is transient. It will be done unto you too and yours will be worse.
Is it the cartoon version of the judges shown on live tv or the stuttering speech of the lead justice as if he wasn't the one who wrote the judgement.
Just like this judgement going on, you all will face your own judgement without mercy.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by allthingsgood: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
HAHAHAHAHA grin

I am sooo overjoyed!!!! grin

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by nairalanda1(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
FINALLY

Had the court ruled in favour of the Obi petittion on Abuja, at the end, we might as well cancel all elections elsewhere and hold presidential elections only in Abuja.

Matter settled.

MODIFIED

APC people reading this, you guys, you are supposed to put pressure on Tinubu to do better by us. You have 4 years to convince us. Next time, we vote you out if you fail. Una hear?

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Mightymanna(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
I will be mad if my vote in Hadejia is less than an Abuja vote

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Codedpriest(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
I don't blame the tribunal

I blame anyone that was expecting anything good to come out of this.

16 Likes

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Paramount01(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
Zionmdde:
Hmm
APC spokesman reading out written defense is what you guys call election tribunal judgement?
The person that tells you to go to court has his brother as the judge

Let us all stop complaining, Nigeria has Oti lo. Relax and enjoy the nice ride jagaban is about to give us. Let's support everything he does.

But as for today, tinubu will be confirmed president while judges smile to bank to enjoy their billions
Why can't u trust the judiciary for once,when elvtin does not favour you, judiciary has collected bribe,why!

30 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps / Spot The Difference Between GEJ And PMB Service Chiefs / Children Of Nigerian Politicians Boarding Presidential Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.