Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? (71910 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SalamRushdie: 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2023
Because Nigerians are the most disorganized people I have come across, too much movt but very little progress

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raydos: 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
SmartPolician:

This is soooo brutal! grin

The truth is that everyone doesn't have the same mental capacity; I found out in the university. In school, some of us read to learn.

However, I was shocked when I met a course mate who could cram the text of an entire page of a textbook and reproduce it without looking at the page word for word. I am not kidding. God knows that I cannot do that. He graduated with 4.23. He nearly made a first class.

Meeting that guy exposed me to the fact that there are things one can never be, no matter how much one tries. Humans are not the same. Humans don't have the same mental capacity. Genetic makeups differentiate races. For Black Africans to come close to Caucasians in mental capacity, we have to invest massively in education.

The thing dey pain me bro
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
Raydos:
This is not only in Nigeria, This applies to every African countries,

Anywhere you see a white person, There are 97% chances that the place will be organized and clean

But anywhere you see a Black person, There are 100% chances it's gonna be a slum

Even far out of African down to the carribeans which is mostly habited by black people, It's also sh*thole, Even the most dangerous and dirty part of America are where black people live, they call it "HOOD

I get what you're saying, but the issue is a bit more nuanced than you put it! There's a lot to consider like slavery, colonialism, neo-colonialism, and the psychological damage that comes along with all this! But black Africans haven't helped themselves.....as we see being played out presently in Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by otokx(m): 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
OP says the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by chisupport: 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2023
That's why I laugh when I see some people boasting about how developed the south east is..and how developed Lagos and Abuja are .
Every So called City or town in Nigeria is a mess.

It's an indication of how stupid Africans are 😁😁😁

From Abia to Zamfara
From Enugu to Lagos
From Oyo to Calabar
From port Harcourt to Lokoja
From Owerri to Abuja....

We don't have cities...No planning , No drainages, No proper road network..Just Buildings littered everywhere.

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
chisupport:
That's why I laugh when I see some people boasting about how developed the south east is..and how developed Lagos and Abuja are .
Every So called City or town in Nigeria is a mess.

It's an indication of how stupid Africans are 😁😁😁

From Abia to Zamfara
From Enugu to Lagos
From Oyo to Calabar
From port Harcourt to Lokoja
From Owerri to Abuja....

We don't have cities...No planning , No drainages, No proper road network..Just Buildings littered everywhere.

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Then they'll tell you that is development!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raydos: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
It does not have to be super expensive, Just a well paved roads with sidewalk and an underground drainage system, And this folks make it seem like it is a rocket science!!

China are building a whole city in just a year

And we are here can't even build a modern city after over 71 year of independence, And you want me to believe we have high IQ?

Having IQ is your ability to solve problems, Which we failed at it woefully!!

Below is a village in The U.S, what is hard in achieving this??

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Basic123: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
We BLACKS had genetic issues

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by tollyboy5(m): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
Raydos:
What is hard in achieving this simple street view??

Even the most overhyped and overpriced places in Abuja/Lagos/Portharcourt/Kano don't look anywhere close to this!!
Nigerians are very dirty. What makes an untarred road dirty? you road has not been tarred doesn't mean it should look dirty. Cleanliness is next to godliness. ungodly people cant do well in their community.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by tollyboy5(m): 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
Raydos:
It does not have to be super expensive, Just a well paved roads with sidewalk and an underground drainage system, And this folks make it seem like it is a rocket science!!

And we are here can't even build a modern city after over 71 year of independence, And you want me to believe we have high IQ?

Haven't you seen how Nigerians steal rail tracks, manhole covers, airport light and other things.
An average Nigeria drops refuse on the floor after eating by the road side or in a bus.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raydos: 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2023
Then we go online and flaunt all the expensive cars and phones we have, all these things are not even invented by us, we contribute absolute nothing to the world

When I go to the street, I look at how nigeria look, Most of them look malnourished,

People struggling from the day they were born till the day they die

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by justtoodark: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2023
Raydos:
This is what New York look like in the 1870s

And it's pretty sad that most Nigeria street don't look as organized as this even after 153 years apart!

dont....

dont forget america is stolen land....
dont insult the native americans....
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by fineboynl(m): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2023
The problem with black is lack of collective will.

The collective will is how wall of Jericho was built. The collective will is let us build a tower that reach heaven. The tower of Babel. Those things are the collective will blacks do not have.

Black people were never organised and never had a written text or history. They tell stories of the past which contradicts one another. Before the white men came they were naked with leaf and hagered looking.

When some of them begins to proper or get rich they oppressed one another and destroy people preserve to have bright star.

The history of the black race is not very interesting or educative like the other race. Modernization is been forced on us as it was never part of us and reasons we are finding it difficult.

Give a black youths big money. He will start throwing it in the air. Party and sex.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemmit90: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
For Nigeria to have beautiful and organised cities, the right to build structures or buy land must be remove from individuals. Real Estate or construction companies should be the only organisations mandated by law to do so. Flexible Mortgage system must be introduce by banks, government and other financial houses. We are just wasting spaces in the name of building individuals houses, a single condo can accommodate a whole street in some localities. Would it not make sense if 50 people buy a flat each in a building than making useless structures on 50 plots of land or more. No individual or family should be allow to own more than 3 bedroom apartment or duplex if you are rich enough.

By this development, it will be very easy for investors to invest in a massive modern buildings and condos. This will also curb corruption to a greater extent as most of the loots are being spent on properties.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by juman(m): 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Jagaban is the answer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raydos: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
justtoodark:

dont....

dont forget america is stolen land....
dont insult the native americans....

Lol, Stolen land, Built by who??

If it was left to the natives, you think it will be as developed as it is today?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SmartPolician: 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
Raydos:
Then we go online and flaunt all the expensive cars and phones we have, all these things are not even invented by us, we contribute absolute nothing to the world

When I go to the street, I look at how nigeria look, Most of them look malnourished,

People struggling from the day they were born till the day they die

Let me tell you the truth. When people grade humans around the world, they always consider Black Africans the most inferior race. We are always on the last rung of the ladder. Like you wrote earlier, that's why other races have no regards for Africa. In fact, they had to coin the phrase sub-Sahara Africa so that Arabic countries of North Africa can cut off from us. No, we don't think alike.

Instead of our leaders making efforts to rewrite our lachrymose narrative, they keep stealing the little we have and stashing it away in foreign countries. In the end, they keep proving right those people who consider the coloured man inferior.

Also, Black people are terrible and we always play the victim, forgetting the evil we do unto ourselves is even worse. Senator Ned Nwoko is still wailing that the UK should compensate Africa for colonizing the continent. The British colonized the US, but the US has passed them in all development indices today!

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Benwallt(m): 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
That's the effect of local government failure in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by justtoodark: 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
Raydos:

Lol, Stolen land, Built by who??

If it was left to the natives, you think it will be as developed as it is today?

developed or not....it still remains stolen land....

australia is stolen land too....
dont justify evil because of development....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 06, 2023
Black people never built or invented anything

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemmit90: 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
fineboynl:

The collective will is how wall of Jericho was built. The collective will is let us build a tower that reach heaven. The tower of Babel. Those things are the collective will blacks do not have.

Black people were never organised and never had a written text or history. They tell stories of the past which contradicts one another. Before the white men came they were naked with leaf and hagered looking.

When some of them begins to proper or get rich they oppressed one another and destroy people preserve to have bright star.

The history of the black race is not very interesting or educative like the other race. Modernization is been forced on us as it was never part of us and reasons we are finding it difficult.

Give a black youths big money. He will start throwing it in the air. Party and sex.

May God bless you abundantly sir.

Our self centered and egocentric culture/tradition will never make us progress. A typical black man care not about his fellow man or society but himself alone. He is so wicked, materialistic and lack foresight. He only want to be above everyone, he only want to be worship by others, he would rather deprived his fellow men their privilege at home and takes all the fortunes to somewhere else to enjoy alone.

Like you have rightly said, civilization was probably forced on us because it amaze me how you will loot all resources meant for development of your home or your people and take it to another man's land to enjoy alone with your immediate family.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LeeSmart: 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
Omor that first pics if person get motor how e wan take drive am enter em house?

We need wike for this kind place oo
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by 9japride(m): 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
People who can happily vote in bad leaders shouldn't expect much in terms of organized cities
Imagine those nairaland resident zom.bies with their kind of wicked hearts, how can such people who are in large number in the society ever think of developing a good city?

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemmit90: 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2023
Raydos:

China has over 1 billion population, one should've been expecting poor Chinese men to be sleeping on the street but guess what, China has many ghost cities with massive beautiful structure. I was astonished the day I watched the documentary.

Here in Nigeria or Africa, some don't even have where to rest their heads, let alone having a ghost city where massive beautiful structures are unoccupied.

Do you know how many flats of modern houses 100 billions naira can build? But here in Nigeria, a single politician or military officer can loot that amount and clean mouth. Blacks are synonymous to evils, and should be living among the beasts.

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by colp2015: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2023
Raydos:
It's so sad that over 10 trillion dollars has been stolen since the inception of Nigeria

That huge amount could transform any serious country from the worst to the best in just a decade, Our really cursed as a people? I've been to other Africa streets too, They also suffer from the same bullsh*t, What is wrong with us as a race?

Someone said if Nigerians Moved to America and Americans move to Nigeria, In just 5 years America will be messed up and Nigeria will become a thriving nation

As re we cursed?
If you swap all Nigerians for Americans in California, Texas, and New York, Nigeria would develop rapidly in less than 6 months but California, Texas, and New York would become a jungle.

The black race in Africa is flawed by constitution.

A woman traveled to America on a visitor's visa. She was taken out on a sight seeing trip.

They were driving on I-75 Highway in North Dallas when the woman sighed and said, "na wa oh, everybody just dey drive new cars here..." the driver replied: "you can buy any car of your choice by credit facility.."

The woman exclaimed and said: "how then do you distinguish the rich from the poor?" The man replied: "you can't know by their cars because anyone with a job can buy anything on credit and pay monthly to maintain a good quality of life."

The woman said - to her shame - "I can't live in this country where everybody is equal."

The story above depicts the mental frame of many black people who grow up in Africa.

God and angels have very little regard, if any, for the black race in Africa.

65 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by nnamdi640: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
Raydos:
This is what New York look like in the 1870s

And it's pretty sad that most Nigeria street don't look as organized as this even after 153 years apart!
Wickedness and hatred for their fellow won't allow the country to develop. How will a country that practice nepotism, tribalism and above all hypocrisy grow? "The beauty of a country is the mindset of the people living in it" quoted by Christian Nworisa

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raydos: 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
fineboynl:

Fact!!!!

Anytime I see a Black person complaining about racism, I immediately get pissed off, Like go back to your Africa shi*thole bro

To me, We've not fully evolve to be human, We're still in the early stage of Evolution

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by NFBI: 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2023
We will get sense after a millennium

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Kaycee54321(m): 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2023
It starts with the little things people see as "normal" in Nigeria:

- You drink sachet "pure" water and dump the sachet on the road like a retard.

- You crack boiled groundnuts along the road, chewing and leaving a groundnut shell trail like a bush animal.

- You cross the express running like a confused chicken when there's an overhead pedestrian bridge few metres away from you.

- You bring out your wa.nker and piss in the nearest gutter like a baboon when you're pressed...

- And many more.

It's not magic - We are the streets.

71 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by madscientist88(m): 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
SmartPolician:

Black Africans have low IQ. We can choose to deny that, but facts are facts. The Black Africans lack innovation. That explains why Nigeria hasn't made appreciable progress since 60 years after independence.
its quite funny how wrong you are tho.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Highlife217: 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
nnamdi640:
Wickedness and hatred for their fellow won't allow the country to develop. How will a country that practice nepotism, tribalism and above all hypocrisy grow? "The beauty of a country is the mindset of the people living in it" quoted by Christian Nworisa

This is the correct answer. Idiots would rather support a crooked politician that is of their tribe, then vote for a skilled politician of another, then wonder why they live in a shythole.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by VaselineCrew: 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2023
What do you mean you β€œthink” Africans have low IQ?

Don’t you mean the lowest??

Check the chart below

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.