Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,154 members, 7,860,139 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment (29883 Views)

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency / Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise / Gabon: Ousted President, Bongo Under House Arrest, Son Charged For Treason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Bluntemperor: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2023
Unfortunately,the Military Head of State,has Promoted himself to the title of a President!
The Dictator has come like- Nigeria IBB,hence the love of Power like the Bongo himself,has come to stay in Gabon.Dont expect anything new in that Country!
God help Africans.
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by bigtt76(f): 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2023
He's now free to join his friends in making the noise he was calling for the other day werey 🤣🤣🤣

peekspot:

https://www.thecable.ng/gabon-junta-releases-ousted-bongo-grant-him-permission-to-travel-abroad-for-treatment/amp
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by badoh(m): 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
dyera:

The Bongos were taking turn to rule Gabon even though they were incompetent leaders, same way the two desperate old politicians Buhari and Tinubu decided to take turn to rule Nigeria even though they don't have the solution to the problems facing the country.
Please answer the following:
Who do you think is more competent between Tinubu and Obi? Pls compare their performance using education, FDIs attracted, health and unemployment when both of them were governors.
Who do you think is better placed to rejig Nigeria's economy?
Who do you think has the political will to correct the abnormality in the system

1 Like

Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by adisabarber(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pierocash:
That is what the Niger Junta ought to have done to ease pressure from them. Send him on exile , constitute committee to investigate him,, charge him for corruption, and sentence him in absentia, case closed. All this " return Bazoum" that Ecowas and the west have been singing wouldn't have been there

Bazoum still has foreign support. He cannot be allowed to leave without resigning.
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by VIKTO83(m): 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Now u can understand this is more of Family affairs. I kept saying it that the family had played Congolese but only d smart thinkers can relate
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by sucess001(m): 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pierocash:
That is what the Niger Junta ought to have done to ease pressure from them. Send him on exile , constitute committee to investigate him,, charge him for corruption, and sentence him in absentia, case closed. All this " return Bazoum" that Ecowas and the west have been singing wouldn't have been there

It's not the same.

If they release Bazoum and let him leave the country, they can invade easily. But knowing he is in arms way, invasion becomes complicated
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by dinachi(m): 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pierocash:
Different scenarios. France is particularly interested in Niger because of the huge Uranium deposits there. Secondly, the former Nigerien President Bazoom doesn't have stroke like Ali Oma Bongo.

It's a trap, if they release Bazoom he will immediately travel abroad mobilize French forces who will help him to retake his seat. The coup in Niger took France by surprise. So, until strong elements of Wagner arrive Niger, Bazoom should not be released.
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by BarrElChapo(m): 11:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
Solsix:
That's the problem with African leaders. His family have been ruling the country for more than fifty years, yet no benefiting hospital to treat a former president. Obasanjo said, and I qoute," democracy is not working in Africa".

Where did Stella die ?
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Bunmight(m): 11:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
Family affair
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by zomby(m): 12:08am On Sep 08, 2023
Many folks are missing the point that Brice Nguema is Ali Bongo’s cousin. He worked for Bongo’s father and also worked for Ali Bongo himself.
Bongo’s family ruled Gabon for 56 yrs… Brice Nguema is only 48 yrs old. Which means this dude was born when his extended family was already in-charge of the country. Just like president Ali Bongo, Brice Nguema is very powerful, very rich, and in fact, benefited greatly from the both Bongos’ regimes (father and son).
As a result of this, I see the coup in Gabon as a disagreement between the family members; something tells me that a disagreement went down btw President Bongo and his cousin, Nguema. This happens to be Nguema’s main reason for stabbing his cousins from the back…and absolutely not because he gives a damnn about Gaboneses.
I honestly do not expect the people of Gabon to benefit much from this coup…as the interim president is part of the old team or the empire that ruled the country for over 56 yrs.

DO NOT EXPECT MUCH FROM THIS DUDE…the circumstances in Gabon are totally different from the situation in Niger.
I do not see Gabon moving forward until he hands over the power to a real leader…someone that sincerely cares about Gabon and the Gaboneses.
My opinion…
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Horus(m): 12:26am On Sep 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CaoeuH44Mo?si=HJvxOxdfOyEYGpGB

Gabon's ousted president, Ali Bongo releases new Song.."make noise"
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by ussv: 5:58am On Sep 08, 2023
Na who knows man dey surely kill am. His cousin ?
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by okorogodwin4(m): 6:10am On Sep 08, 2023
He will never come back again shame
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Alexiiydon: 6:19am On Sep 08, 2023
Solsix:
That's the problem with African leaders. His family have been ruling the country for more than fifty years, yet no benefiting hospital to treat a former president. Obasanjo said, and I qoute," democracy is not working in Africa".
na him cousin still do coup so na still the same family
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by joefelin2345: 6:41am On Sep 08, 2023
VOTSexchange:
The day I knew the coup leader is a cousin to the ousted president, I knew coup thing was a scam.

Gabon people are literally still being hold as ransom by 1 family, literally.
But some Easters are çlaiming that Ali Bongo, the outsted Gobonese President is from SE Nigeria? That he was an adopted son of the former President & that he was one of the little children that were flown into that country during the Nigeria Civil War. How true is that pls?
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Enugupikin: 7:24am On Sep 08, 2023
Jogs1900:
Looking deep, this may have been planned between Bongo and his cousin to topple his government instead of the opposition taking over. It's still a win-win for them after all they are relatives.
Hmmm. The more we look, the less we see
Nigerians and their useless and unintelligent conspiracy theory everytime

You're unintelligent and dull sir
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Solsix(m): 7:30am On Sep 08, 2023
Alexiiydon:
na him cousin still do coup so na still the same family
Lol, nah family matter
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Solsix(m): 7:33am On Sep 08, 2023
ojex004:

If u are not mumu, u no see better person quote but a whole obasanjo that is among the pple that spoil everything .
Elu pees pple self
People like you needs to start using your brain. Quoting someone doesn't mean they are perfect. I used the quote because he was right in the context. BTW obj might not be an excellent leader,but he's better than what we have been having lately. Discussion for another day.
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by King3urna(m): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2023
What did I just read the new guy is his cousin na still family business na
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by latonione: 7:43am On Sep 08, 2023
They are cousins, no qualm.
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by frankoben(m): 9:07am On Sep 08, 2023
Now make the noise yourself Sir....
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by adebwalex(m): 9:24am On Sep 08, 2023
Still family things. His cousin still in charge of government Affairs..
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Akerele44(m): 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
How can father ruled from 1967-2009 and the son took over again

No be juju be that ?

I love the way military took over.. there own case is far differ from Niger junta case
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by EmmyMaestro(m): 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2023
Now he can make noise
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Bigkoko: 3:24pm On Sep 08, 2023
Can you imagine? After almost five decades no good hospital? And he must endure tens of flight hours to get medical attention. Tufiakwa Africans.....like that one that build Lagos but must go recharge his leaking pipe in France grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

peekspot:

https://www.thecable.ng/gabon-junta-releases-ousted-bongo-grant-him-permission-to-travel-abroad-for-treatment/amp
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by Dupsy4real: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2023
That is best action
Re: Ousted Bongo Released, Granted Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment by zomby(m): 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
zomby:
Many folks are missing the point that Brice Nguema is Ali Bongo’s cousin. He worked for Bongo’s father and also worked for Ali Bongo himself.
Bongo’s family ruled Gabon for 56 yrs… Brice Nguema is only 48 yrs old. Which means this dude was born when his extended family was already in-charge of the country. Just like president Ali Bongo, Brice Nguema is very powerful, very rich, and in fact, benefited greatly from the both Bongos’ regimes (father and son).
As a result of this, I see the coup in Gabon as a disagreement between the family members; something tells me that a disagreement went down btw President Bongo and his cousin, Nguema. This happens to be Nguema’s main reason for stabbing his cousins from the back…and absolutely not because he gives a damnn about Gaboneses.
I honestly do not expect the people of Gabon to benefit much from this coup…as the interim president is part of the old team or the empire that ruled the country for over 56 yrs.

DO NOT EXPECT MUCH FROM THIS DUDE…the circumstances in Gabon are totally different from the situation in Niger.
I do not see Gabon moving forward until he hands over the power to a real leader…someone that sincerely cares about Gabon and the Gaboneses.
My opinion…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=dBgK_jYfQVmiwDvC&v=2u2EwpGTa5E&feature=youtu.be

☝🏿☝🏿☝🏿☝🏿☝🏿

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Fired For Flipping Off Donald Trump's Motorcade / Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead / Beautiful Pre-colonial African Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.