Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,680 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? (1836 Views)

UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid / Application For Right Of Abode On Nigerian Passport / Application For Uk Student Visa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by dloy(m): 7:24am On Oct 17, 2011
I will be travelling out nxt year to study abroad but don't want to be a victim of the useless agents around.Unfortunately, i dont have any ideal on how to apply for a visa.Nairalander, pls save my future! Pls, give me the steps in applying for a student visa
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by kollinsfbi: 8:42am On Oct 17, 2011
I will be travelling out nxt year to study abroad but don't want to be a victim of the useless agents around.Unfortunately, i dont have any ideal on how to apply for a visa.Nairalander, pls save my future! Pls, give me the steps in applying for a student visa

Have you received any offer of admission?
what country are you talking about here?

Gbammmm over and out
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by dloy(m): 3:51am On Oct 18, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] I was admitted into 3 universities in ukraine,malaysia and uk but i had to defer them since my uncle insisted he wont be paying a dine unles i do d whole process myself.Its quite unfortunate that i don't have an ideal on how to apply 4 a study visa.pls,nairalan3r ,help me
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by collinsfbi(m): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2011
I was admitted into 3 universities in ukraine,malaysia and uk but i had to defer them since my uncle insisted he wont be paying a dine unles i do d whole process myself.Its quite unfortunate that i don't have an ideal on how to apply 4 a study visa.pls,nairalan3r ,help me

I am sure you can do it alone with the assistance of good pple from this section. First and foremos, be sure of where you are going but if your uncle is financially buoyant to support you then i will advice you to go after your UK admission. Good luck!

Gbammmm over and out
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by AjanleKoko: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
I've processed visas for myself, for more than 25 countries, without any assistance.
This is not without one exception. I used a 'tout' in 2009 to help get a Visa interview date at the US embassy for myself and family. Not really a professional tout, just a lady who stayed up and got me the dates online, for token sum of N10,000. Luckily they have organized the process better now, so you don't need any assistance, just know that you are likely to get a date in 3 months. You just need to factor that into your travel.

Apart from that one exception, I've never used any agent for anything to do with visa. Though I use a travel agent for flight bookings.
One time i wanted to go to Singapore on vacation and I asked my travel agent to do the total package, hotel, visas, tickets, etc. When he gave me his bill, i just went online and did everything myself, including the airline and hotel reservations, and got much better pricing.
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by ojdollars(m): 12:44am On Oct 19, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I've processed visas for myself, for more than 25 countries, without any assistance.
This is not without one exception. I used a 'tout' in 2009 to help get a Visa interview date at the US embassy for myself and family. Not really a professional tout, just a lady who stayed up and got me the dates online, for token sum of N10,000. Luckily they have organized the process better now, so you don't need any assistance, just know that you are likely to get a date in 3 months. You just need to factor that into your travel.

Apart from that one exception, I've never used any agent for anything to do with visa. Though I use a travel agent for flight bookings.
One time i wanted to go to Singapore on vacation and I asked my travel agent to do the total package, hotel, visas, tickets, etc. When he gave me his bill, i just went online and did everything myself, including the airline and hotel reservations, and got much better pricing.

Bros, I applaud you for this good advice, thank you Sir. Such brilliant Nairalander's with positive view should be fixed up as Moderators, not some useless fools with 12,000 post and nothing good from them. Thank you once again jor.

@Poster, you have heard it all, no further comment needed, except it's necessarily, go with this advice, you can use Google to do some findings about each embassy and their student visa procedures. Cheers
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by dloy(m): 5:10am On Oct 19, 2011
May the God of wisdom,knowledge and understanding bless u all.Sirs@ I'm actually considering Kharkov national medical university, ukraine because the tution fee is just 3500 dollars and accommodation is as cheap as 50dollars per month dependin on ur
kind of person.
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by dloy(m): 5:26am On Oct 19, 2011
@ALL WONDERFUL BROTHERS, i dont know what to say but to thank God for using u.But wot will be the first thing i will be doing.Will i apply first thru the embassy or is it online.Have also heard some people said they booked a day.PLS,tell me the step by step procedure sir@ all Nairalanders.pls, help me, may God protect ur future!!!
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by hayordelevic(m): 5:21am On Aug 03, 2012
dloy: May the God of wisdom,knowledge and understanding bless u all.Sirs@ I'm actually considering Kharkov national medical university, ukraine because the tution fee is just 3500 dollars and accommodation is as cheap as 50dollars per month dependin on ur
kind of person.
my younger brother just got his visa last friday going to Donetisk national medical uni. Do the whole processing of ur documents urself but makesure they are all 2012 if they are not renew them all b4 u go to d embassy but don't apply for embassy urself I'll advise u to go through an agent.get in touch for any other info
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by justwise(m): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2012
hayordelevic: .
my younger brother just got his visa last friday going to Donetisk national medical uni. Do the whole processing of ur documents urself but makesure they are all 2012 if they are not renew them all b4 u go to d embassy but don't apply for embassy urself I'll advise u to go through an agent.get in touch for any other info

Why must he go through an agent? You and your brother did it yourselves so why did you not your an agent?
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by Wasbayd: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2012
justwise:

Why must he go through an agent? You and your brother did it yourselves so why did you not your an agent?

My justwise friend! You know I personally war against the many dubious so called agents and warn people to avoid them but I dont ever think using a genuine travel agency to process your travel trip is a bad idea, as long as the service charge is not on the high side and thereby affordable.

@ poster. All I will say is get down to the ukrainean embassy in abuja, check on the notice board, u will find 2 or 3 agencies the embassy recommend for documents translation, the closiest is the one at KCity plaza, but you can do your translation in any of them. Use wisdom to seek for assistance from them, they will put you through with no charges or wt peanut.
Also tell the uni that sent you the invitation, or the agent in ukraine to contact the embassy for IV confirmation, it's the most important thing you must ensure after you've gotten ur IV, and that's how the embassy know the genuine from the fake IV.

Know this also that there is no guarantee of job in Ukraine, so look before you leap. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by dloy(m): 1:03am On Aug 05, 2012
Wasbayd:

My justwise friend! You know I personally war against the many dubious so called agents and warn people to avoid them but I dont ever think using a genuine travel agency to process your travel trip is a bad idea, as long as the service charge is not on the high side and thereby affordable.

@ poster. All I will say is get down to the ukrainean embassy in abuja, check on the notice board, u will find 2 or 3 agencies the embassy recommend for documents translation, the closiest is the one at KCity plaza, but you can do your translation in any of them. Use wisdom to seek for assistance from them, they will put you through with no charges or wt peanut.
Also tell the uni that sent you the invitation, or the agent in ukraine to contact the embassy for IV confirmation, it's the most important thing you must ensure after you've gotten ur IV, and that's how the embassy know the genuine from the fake IV.

Know this also that there is no guarantee of job in Ukraine, so look before you leap. Good luck!
U're too much!!!
Re: Application For Any Visa:doing It Yourself? by hayordelevic(m): 6:33am On Aug 05, 2012
Wasbayd:

@dloy its like the last time u went to the embassy was last year I was also there last year NO COMFIRMATION OF IV THIS YEAR all u need to do is apply for interview online and the date of ur interview will be sent to u via ur Email and a code. its while u are there they confirm ur IV don't EVER make the mistake of doing ur translation anywhere else not even at citadel( k-city plaza) the recommended 4 dis year is @ wuse 2 opposite 1st forty hotel

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In China / Kindly Share Your Experience About Travelling With Airmaroc / Schools In The Us That Accepts A Gre Score Of 291

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.