Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

Man Accuses Edo Deputy Gov Of Abduction, Stealing His $250,000 Gold Wristwatch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Accuses Edo Deputy Gov Of Abduction, Stealing His $250,000 Gold Wristwatch (214 Views)

Man Accuses IPOB/ESN Of Killing His Friend In Owerri (Photos) / Man Accuses Philip Shaibu Of "Stealing" & "Wearing" His $250k Diamond Watch / Man Accuses Abike Dabiri Of Abandoning Igbos In Sudan (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Accuses Edo Deputy Gov Of Abduction, Stealing His $250,000 Gold Wristwatch by dre11(m): 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nigerian Man Accuses Edo Deputy Governor Of Abduction, Stealing His $250,000 Gold Wristwatch

The man in a video that has gone viral on the Internet, showing how he went to the Nigeria Police Force headquarters in Abuja to submit a petition against the Edo State Commissioner of Police, also accused the Deputy Governor of stealing his gold Daytona wristwatch worth $250,000 during the alleged abduction.

ANigerian man who simply identified himself as Jared has accused the Deputy Governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu of using police orderlies to abduct him before the 2023 general elections.

The man in a video that has gone viral on the Internet, showing how he went to the Nigeria Police Force headquarters in Abuja to submit a petition against the Edo State Commissioner of Police, also accused the Deputy Governor of stealing his gold Daytona wristwatch worth $250,000 during the alleged abduction.

Jared said that the wristwatch and one of his gold rings were taken from him by Shaibu's police orderlies during the abduction but he eventually found the watch which has his name inscribed on it with a Diamond on the Deputy Governor's hand in New Jersey, United States of America during a congress.

Jared, who vowed to confront Shaibu anywhere and collect his wristwatch, asked the Inspector General of Police to compel the Edo State Commissioner of Police to tell the Deputy Governor to return the watch to him.

Speaking in the video, he said, "I'm here to submit a petition against the Commissioner of Police in Benin City, because before the election, we were abducted by Philip Shaibu and his police orderlies to Benin where they tried to forcefully put a gun in our hands, and at the end of the day, we resisted and refused the gun.

"During the scuffle in Benin, before they took us to State CID, they took my Daytona wristwatch, a golden Daytona wristwatch studded with my name Jared on it. They took it from me and one of my diamond rings.

"I wrote my statement that period and I told them that a Daytona gold wristwatch was taken from me by Philip Shaibu's orderlies. I did my petition and in that petition, it was very clear and they took our fingerprints to ascertain whether the pistol they wanted to force on us was from us and I think they discovered it wasn't from us.

"Since then, that issue has been there. They have not investigated it, they have not returned my Daytona gold wristwatch to me, which I asked them.

"When they released us and when I got to Jattu, Philip Shaibu also supervised and they shot at me and I identified three people - Abasi Yakubu, Only Man and Sanny Imuedumea. They were the ones that shot me.

"The matter was reported at the State CID Area Command in Auchi and the matter was taken to Benin, and till now, they have not invited any of them.

"But to my dismay and my surprise, this year, about some few weeks ago, I went to America. I was in New York, and in New York, I got to hear that there was this Afemai Congress that was going on in New Jersey and I attended. To my surprise, I saw Philip Shaibu with my Daytona wristwatch with my diamond on it.

"I wanted to embarrass him but I was asked to slow down and I take the matter because it was outside the country and that it would not be good for such a thing to happen.

"I kept quiet, I kept mute. I came back to Nigeria to report to them; how I saw the watch on Philip Shaibu's hand.

"Till date, they have not said anything, so I have to come here (Force headquarters) to do a petition to compel the Commissioner of Police to collect my watch from Philip Shaibu and return it back to me. That is all I'm asking for.

"I need the Inspector General of Police to compel the Commissioner of Police in Benin City to tell Philip Shaibu to return my watch to me because if that watch is not returned, it has turned to a matter of theft. I am ready to confront Philip anywhere I see him. I don't care whether he is a Deputy Governor. I'm ready to confront him.

"If I see him with any watch I will take it from him. I don't know whether he is going to sell it because that wristwatch is a Gold Daytona wristwatch with my name inscribed on it with diamond and that watch is about $250,000 and it is custom made, specially made for me."

When contacted for reaction, Mr. Ebo Musa, aide to the Deputy Governor told SaharaReporters, "Thank you very much. I don't have any comment on that."

https://saharareporters.com/2023/09/08/nigerian-man-accuses-edo-deputy-governor-abduction-stealing-his-250000-gold-wristwatch

Nlfpmod
Re: Man Accuses Edo Deputy Gov Of Abduction, Stealing His $250,000 Gold Wristwatch by OlujobaSamuel: 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
Na waooo, nothing politicians no fit do. This one dey accuse deputy gov of stealing his watch, he see the gov outside where e no get power, e no fit challenge am, na for here e wan com challenge am.
To iya nla ba gbe ni san le, kekere a si mu gun (if big battle brings one down, small small ones go dey merry on top the person)
Re: Man Accuses Edo Deputy Gov Of Abduction, Stealing His $250,000 Gold Wristwatch by NwaAmaikpe: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2023
shocked

He tried usurping the powers of the executive governor, now he has stolen someone else's wristwatch.
Apparently, Shaibu does not like to wait for his own time.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Accuses Edo Deputy Gov Of Abduction, Stealing His $250,000 Gold Wristwatch by ecolime(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2023
Hahahah

Disgusting Politics between the two betrayers lipsrsealed
Re: Man Accuses Edo Deputy Gov Of Abduction, Stealing His $250,000 Gold Wristwatch by inoki247: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2023
Lol how many times them wan post this News...
Re: Man Accuses Edo Deputy Gov Of Abduction, Stealing His $250,000 Gold Wristwatch by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2023
But to my dismay and my surprise, this year, about some few weeks ago, I went to America. I was in New York, and in New York, I got to hear that there was this Afemai Congress that was going on in New Jersey and I attended. To my surprise, I saw Philip Shaibu with my Daytona wristwatch with my diamond on it.
I wanted to embarrass him but I was asked to slow down and I take the matter because it was outside the country and that it would not be good for such a thing to happen.
I kept quiet, I kept mute. I came back to Nigeria to report to them; how I saw the watch on Philip Shaibu's hand.
Hehehe grin cheesy grin
Deputy Governor Don kolobi citizen's wristwatch ⌚️!
Only in our Darling Country.

There was a country!!!

(1) (Reply)

INEC Made Promises It Couldn’t Fulfil – NEF Spokesman / BREAKING: Appeal Court Sacks Elumelu, Declares Lp’s Okolie Winner / President Tinubu Strengthens Economic Ties With South Africa, Calls For Reform O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.