Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Is It Not Time We Start Demanding Accountability From Our Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Not Time We Start Demanding Accountability From Our Government (846 Views)

Buhari, Time We Stopped Lying To Ourselves - Abimbola Adelakun / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Not Time We Start Demanding Accountability From Our Government by nadico(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2007
Fellow nairalanders, iam really worried about the going ons in this our naija country. Every day i wake up i seem to continually question Gods choice of leaders for my dear country. Im practically talking about the issue of having deaf and insensitive leaders ruling over us. Is it not time we take our destiny in our own hands,is it time we takethe bull by the horn, is it time we start demanding responsibility from our elected representatives. Must we all fold our hands and stand aside waiting for 2011 when EFCC would start hounding the next set of corrupt politicians into jails. Don't you nairalanders believe that we can actually help EFCC by shouting and demanding fiscal responsibility early enough from this guys. Their 100 days in office has very fast come and gone. The best most has achieved within the period is of buying wonders on wheels and millions of naira spent through their cronies in buying up newspaper adverts. Let us start telling this guys what and what we want. We must endure,even their continued silence should not deter us. The money this guys are spending for Gods sake belong to you and i, and not to their father. This time i have decided not to be on the fence, so please let us all come on board. What is that thing that you feel your selected sorry elected representative should do to better the lot of your people. SHOUT IT OUT NOW
Re: Is It Not Time We Start Demanding Accountability From Our Government by buluti(m): 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2007
@ nadico the time had come since but unfortunately we know little or nothing about accountability and integrity in governance. You are likely to get little or no response on such a topic for obvious reasons. Am sure a lot of people don't even know their representatives in both the upper and lower house, so how can they demand for any accountability.

Am sure if you raise a thread on tribalism, ethnicism or an individual corrupt politician you would get better responses but when it centres on issues and ideas that need people to act or make a call, you are likely to get no response.

In contribution, people make a major difference by identifying the names of their reps from the House of Assembly web sight   http://www.nassnig.org/House/  you can choose your state and send emails to your reps on what affects your individual constituencies, also you can send emails to the speaker and members of the current probe panel stating that their actions are keenly been watched and is important to their integrity and that of the nation, even if there are no responses they would know that Nigerians are getting more informed.

http://www.nassnig.org/House/

This is just one way we can make a difference through the simple use of the internet. Discuss issues and make suggestions, it shouldnt be an avenue to solicit for any favours, we need to start thinking of the greater good for all, thats the only way a society can make progress.
Re: Is It Not Time We Start Demanding Accountability From Our Government by chidichris(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2007
Nadico,
how do u expect accountabilities from people u did not send?
are they representing you for real?
if you want to be frank to yourself, you will accept that you did not send them there and for this reason alone they owe you no explainations on how they operate.
maybe you do not know, a cartel is rulling nigeria and all our leaders have their political godfathers who they owe accountabilities.
the masses get involved only when the selected officials refused to pay up their dues and the godfathers will look at us and shout we no go gree, they are using our money for forieng accounts and investments but if all things are moving well among them, no shaking.
i really do not know what you want to know but the truth must be told.
we need a constitution. we need our voting rights, we shld be allowed to vote and be voted for.
if a revolution like that of ghana can take place in nigeria and the big old fools erased, i bet u nigeria will have the sky as her starting point.
we have made selection the order of the day. we select everything ranging from leaders to justice. nigeria has 36 states and i must tell u here that even the efcc is handling every state with a different constitution.
pdp is the worst news as they use nigerian money for their party politics.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Praying, Fight For Your Rights: Archbishop Tells Nigerians / Shame On Nigeria / Strange Death Of Nigeria's Oldest Man*this Man,160, Never Took Photograph In His Life Time. He Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.