Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,622 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) (27534 Views)

Pictures From The First Commercial Trip Of The Lagos Metro Rail / The Men Behind The Lagos Metro Rail. Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo Olu. Picture / Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Omodua(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2023
franchasofficia:

Obi has really shook and reshaped Nigerian politics forever within few months. I am so proud to be Igbo because whatever an Igbo person ventures into with all his or her heart, he makes a huge difference and impact.

Just take a look at how one man has unsettled every other Nigerian politician without even saying a single word.

Peter Obi you are a legend, first of its kind that Nigeria ever had. A man that his silence alone makes opposition to pee in their dirty panties.

Reno Omokri have gone mad over Peter Obi that haven't altered a word in response to all Reno Omokri's unnecessary attacks on Obi. The whole thing come de make Reno feel like committing suicide, now another useless woman known as Lauretta Onochie has joined their hall of shame to lend her own useless voice by showing shameful hatred towards a peaceful man that have been preaching peace and calm to overcharged Obidient movement waiting for Peter Obi's approval to burn Nigeria down.

Ah, God abeg I tap into Peter Obi's divine grace, e no easy; a man whose silence makes the whole nation go gaga cheesy

Because of Peter Obi's 2023 Presidential election effect, Yorubas have woke up and now want to guard Lagos and every other Yoruba state from being taken away from Yorubas like Kwara State and others, and una say Peter Obi no be legend, abeg comot for road, who de who de, ha fugodi convoy anyi jiri weh bata obodo ha nodi ofuma cheesy
You spoke well.

The people of Onicha Olona in Delta state are waiting for the LovePeddler to tell them her achievement as APC and Buhari asslicker.

Obi is a legend who came to redefine Nigerian politics with finesse and attitudinal change in the narrative. His persona is edifying!

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2023
jackmrandy:

funny are you guys are bashing a non resideent of lagos. I am telling you whats obtainable in other big metro cities where I am. igbos are there, hausas are there and likewise the so called yorubas who are claiming the lagos as their own. to make everything uniform, use the three language. I have been to big cities outside the shore of this country, its not just one language that is used.

Simple thing u cannot read yet you claim to have gone outisde the country

English and Yoruba is all

If u r not satisfied, go and build one in Ur state and speak ur language only..

Nobody gives a fekc

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by duro4chang(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2023
That is good for democracy. The owners of Lagos are now talking

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Hotfreezing: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2023
Omodua:
You bore many of us with this Yoruba agenda. Lagos is a metropolitan city cutting across various ethnic groups and nationalities.

Therefore, underpinning the city with Yoruba agenda would be counter productive. Ask Warri people and they will tell you.

If you don't want other Nigerians, we go our separate ways than disturbing others with ethnically based policies.

Yenyenyen
If you want to leave Lagos, who is stopping you?
After all, when Fashola deported you, you cried that he wanted to kill you as if living in your state is a death sentence.

Lagos is for Yorubaland for all Nigerians and we owe you no apologies. Your tears won't change what is coming.
Yoruba will be used in Lagos. If you don't like it, dance away.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by musicwriter(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2023
Heffalump:
This is like a case of telling other Nigerians to go and build their own.

I don't have a problem with speaking Yoruba to everybody, but you owe the passengers the right to translate in English as well. That's respect!

The article never said that English shouldn't be used, rather it said that English alone was being used to the exclusion of Yoruba.

If we're to be in our right state of mind, it should be Yoruba that should be paramount, not English. Nothing in human history says that English would continue to be the most popular language in the world.

Yes, other nationalities (now belittled as ethnic groups) in Nigeria should indeed go and develop their own languages. That's the right thing to do.

Greek, Latin, French, were banned in Britain in 1362 as England tried to reclaim their ancestral angls language after many years of being colonized by the Greeks, Romans, French, Scandinavians. In fact, if there's any country that should speak a foreign language, it should be Britain because more foreign languages had effect on them

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Alaigbo(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2023
You have to be mad to make this suggestion, at best Yoruba n English alone should be used. While I can make concession about Hausa only God will punish any Yoruba governor or leader that will watch Igbo authorize to do anything in Lagos or the SW in general.

jackmrandy:

funny are you guys are bashing a non resideent of lagos. I am telling you whats obtainable in other big metro cities where I am. igbos are there, hausas are there and likewise the so called yorubas who are claiming the lagos as their own. to make everything uniform, use the three language. I have been to big cities outside the shore of this country, its not just one language that is used.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Raf4: 9:46am On Sep 13, 2023
OboOlora:
They know most yorubas don’t understand English 🤣

Yes o. The same way most Chinese and Indians don't understand English language, but they're having breakthroughs in Science and technology thru their languages. Yoruba language is the next to achieve this.
Your own people may forever adore the language of your slave masters, while yours goes into oblivion.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by JetApartment: 9:46am On Sep 13, 2023
musicwriter:

The article never said that English shouldn't be used, rather it said that English alone was being used to the exclusion of Yoruba.

If we're to be in our right state of mind, it should be Yoruba that should be paramount, not English. Nothing in human history says that English would continue to be the most popular language in the world.

Yes, other nationalities (now belittled as ethnic groups) in Nigeria should indeed go and develop their own languages. That's the right thing to do.

Greek, Latin, French, were banned in Britain in 1362 as England tried to reclaim their ancestral angls language after many years of being colonized by the Greeks, Romans, French, Scandinavians. In fact, if there's any country that should speak a foreign language, it should be Britain because more foreign languages had effect on them

How many recognized major languages are spoken in Nigeria? Is Lagos no longer a Nigerian state? I wont be surprised if you can't figure this out.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by dadabashua1(m): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2023
As it should it's a Yoruba state, English and Yoruba can be used simultaneously

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by eldoradoxx: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2023
jmoore:
They announced it in English too.

One would think with all the noise, they will ban English.

I was wondering whether they have banned the speaking of English language in Lagos. Its ok to interpret it to illiterate indigenous Yorubas, but majority speak English language
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Alaigbo(m): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2023
May you rot in hell if you do not go your way.

Omodua:
You bore many of us with this Yoruba agenda. Lagos is a metropolitan city cutting across various ethnic groups and nationalities.

Therefore, underpinning the city with Yoruba agenda would be counter productive. Ask Warri people and they will tell you.

If you don't want other Nigerians, we go our separate ways than disturbing others with ethnically based policies.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by jackmrandy: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2023
DenreleDave:

Simple thing u cannot read yet you claim to have gone outisde the country

English and Yoruba is all

If u r not satisfied, go and build one in Ur state and speak ur language only..

Nobody gives a fekc

SEEE AS BODY DEY PEPER ALL OF UNA. WAS I THE ONE WHO INCREASED FUEL PRICE? THIS SHOWS YOU ALL ARE ANGRY...... CHAI.. WILL BE SHOUTING ONE NIGERIA, ONE NIGERIA, SMALL LAGOS NOW, ALL OF UNA DON DEY CLAIM AM AS UNA OWN.
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Hotfreezing: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2023
Klington:

It's in your DNA.

Yoruba and proud.
I don't cry for my language to be put on a train in another man's land.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by ajepako(f): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2023
JetApartment:

Oga, I am Yoruba and am ashamed of this act of division in my own country, how would you feel if you travel to Kaduna and start looking for someone to interprete a sign for you in your own country when you are not a foreigner?

I did NYSC in the Kebbi state in the north in 2001 and I did not speak a single word of the language as a Lagosian that NEVER left Lagos as at then

I had language problems and sought help of local Hausa translators

Later, I learned the language , at least the basic enough to communicate with the locals, which I still use till date

Look, I have 2 degrees in English Language and presently on my 3rd degree in the same field

It has never stopped me from speaking and hyping my language and I believe that is not a felony

Maybe this may answer your question.

Thank you

Oh, and I'm a Madam, not Oga cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by tonicyril: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2023
OboOlora:
They know most yorubas don’t understand English 🤣

English is not their mother's tongue you phuul grin

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by dadabashua1(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2023
As it should, it's a Yoruba state, English and Yoruba can be used simultaneously

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Noccerino(m): 9:49am On Sep 13, 2023
Hotfreezing:

Go and replicate it in your states since you made it possible in Lagos.

Lagos already had an airport in 1947 before Nigeria was formed.
Ibadan had a TV station even before France had one.

One person from one backwater state should not come here and be telling me what doesn't make sense.
Are you from Lagos state ?
Why not tell us about your state of origin ?
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by aklid(m): 9:49am On Sep 13, 2023
Last time it was said Bauchi lawmakers approved it to speak with Hausa in their assemblies some people here have been shouting crazy and cursing…but now that it’s not the north or any part everyone is just hyping and praising…mtchew

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Jack500: 9:50am On Sep 13, 2023
franchasofficia:

Obi has really shook and reshaped Nigerian politics forever within few months. I am so proud to be Igbo because whatever an Igbo person ventures into with all his or her heart, he makes a huge difference and impact.

Just take a look at how one man has unsettled every other Nigerian politician without even saying a single word.

Peter Obi you are a legend, first of its kind that Nigeria ever had. A man that his silence alone makes opposition to pee in their dirty panties.

Reno Omokri have gone mad over Peter Obi that haven't altered a word in response to all Reno Omokri's unnecessary attacks on Obi. The whole thing come de make Reno feel like committing suicide, now another useless woman known as Lauretta Onochie has joined their hall of shame to lend her own useless voice by showing shameful hatred towards a peaceful man that have been preaching peace and calm to overcharged Obidient movement waiting for Peter Obi's approval to burn Nigeria down.

Ah, God abeg I tap into Peter Obi's divine grace, e no easy; a man whose silence makes the whole nation go gaga cheesy

Because of Peter Obi's 2023 Presidential election effect, Yorubas have woke up and now want to guard Lagos and every other Yoruba state from being taken away from Yorubas like Kwara State and others, and una say Peter Obi no be legend, abeg comot for road, who de who de, ha fugodi convoy anyi jiri weh bata obodo ha nodi ofuma cheesy

Old man. Keep fooling yourself, you should have sense at this your old age, it is a pity.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Damseldammie(f): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2023
Agbadocassava:

Eko Oni baje

Ó bàjétì

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by eldoradoxx: 9:51am On Sep 13, 2023
musicwriter:

The hypocrisy that is on display here is why not write everything in Yoruba language. English is our offical and dominant language because there are over 300 different ethnic groups with distinct languages. If SW is to transact only in Yoruba language, how does he communicate with others Nigerians and Foreigners who don't speak or understand Yoruba? So all these attempt to impose indigenous language here and there wont work.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by JetApartment: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2023
ajepako:

I did NYSC in the Kebbi state in the north in 2001 and I did not speak a single word of the language as a Lagosian the NEVER left Lagos as at then

I had language problems and sought help of translators

Later, I learned the language , at least the basic enough to communicate which I still use till date

Look, I have 2 degrees in English Language and presently on my 3rd degree in the same field

It has never stopped me from speaking and hyping my language and I believe that is not a felony

Maybe this may answer your question.

Thank you

Oh, and I'm a Madam, not Oga cheesy

There's a clear difference between being proud of your language and using it to spite others to making them feel like foreigners while flexing your muscles to prove a point, the later is the case with this development.

It all boils down to inferiority complex, you feel threatened about the igbos but forget there are other 300 tribes living in Lagos

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by phorget(m): 9:52am On Sep 13, 2023
Normally you'll hardly see an indigenous being speaking English without adding their own mother tongue.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

You missed my point.
And e no concern me..

Kano made sharia-law a state-wide law, making the whole of Kano State a Muslim State, whether one accepts it or not..
Even against entrenched constitutional human rights of individuals.

Does it concern me?
Well.. Since nobody else found that odd,, Let me just mind my business., Since it doesn't directly concern me.

But Muslims in other states shouldn't cry wolf if the states make and pass laws that goes against the Muslim Rights and freedom as humans.

So..
Lagos can continue.
Kano started first with Sharia, Lagos came next with Yoruba Language..
It is going round little-by-little.
Soon, all the states would enact laws that strengthens their aborigines, and weakens the residents and visitors amongst them.

But u were quiet when the bolded claimed they own it and they will dispose the indigene...

You were hailing them and pushing support for thm

Now u r crying

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by eldoradoxx: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2023
Raf4:

Yes o. The same way most Chinese and Indians don't understand English language, but they're having breakthroughs in Science and technology thru their languages. Yoruba language is the next to achieve this.
Your own people may forever adore the language of your slave masters, while yours goes into oblivion.
Can i have an authentic Yoruba translation of what you wrote here?
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by minakom: 9:55am On Sep 13, 2023
bionixs:
Mr Lagos hypeman ,what is your state?

You are losing it if you don’t know
Baba come lemme feed you the rest of the week

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2023
jackmrandy:

SEEE AS BODY DEY PEPER ALL OF UNA. WAS I THE ONE WHO INCREASED FUEL PRICE? THIS SHOWS YOU ALL ARE ANGRY...... CHAI.. WILL BE SHOUTING ONE NIGERIA, ONE NIGERIA, SMALL LAGOS NOW, ALL OF UNA DON DEY CLAIM AM AS UNA OWN.

But u were part of the people Lagos na no man's land and Una go send the Yorubas away.

Na u body dey pepper, cant you see that you have been ranting and crying on the thread

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by minakom: 9:55am On Sep 13, 2023
onuman:

HAUSA, IGBO, YORUBA AND ENGLISH ARE THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGES IN NIGERIA.
LAGOS IS NO CITY OF ONLY YORUBA.
THERE MAY BE ETHNIC GROUPS LARGER THAN THE
YORUBA ETHNIC GROUP IN LAGOS.
IF YOU MUST MAKE PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT IN LAGOS, YOU EITHER DO IT IN PIDGEN ENGLISH OR IN THE OTHER 4 OFFICIAL LANGUAGES.
Tell that to Sanwo Olu abeg

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Lanretoye(m): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2023
franchasofficia:

what are you proud of in anambra?,just tell me one thing or bury your shameless head in shame.your emotions have defeated you already.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by bionixs: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2023
christejames:
Only for the ronu advocates
How much do ronu zombies bring to the table if not to vandalise people’s bags of rice , out of hunger they brought upon themselves , voting incompetent criminal sons of their out of tribalism and hate for visitors

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 9:57am On Sep 13, 2023
onuman:

HAUSA, IGBO, YORUBA AND ENGLISH ARE THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGES IN NIGERIA.
LAGOS IS NO CITY OF ONLY YORUBA.
THERE MAY BE ETHNIC GROUPS LARGER THAN THE
YORUBA ETHNIC GROUP IN LAGOS.
IF YOU MUST MAKE PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT IN LAGOS, YOU EITHER DO IT IN PIDGEN ENGLISH OR IN THE OTHER 4 OFFICIAL LANGUAGES.

Which ethnic group is larger than yorubas in Lagos?

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by phemray(m): 9:58am On Sep 13, 2023
franchasofficia:

Good, but Mention his enduring lagacies, I mean is creativity that other states or local government copied and followed till date. You cant mention enough of jagaban idiology copied by states. Moreso, the obi effect was only because namdi Kanu was not released otherwise nobody will know him. after all, he has been alive in Nigeria since he left government house who knows him then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Drives Tractor, Launches Plateau State Tractor Ownership Scheme (Photos) / Agboola Ajayi Set To Join ZLP / Kwankwaso Gives Out Shekarau’s Daughter In Kano

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70