Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,401 members, 7,850,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN (18827 Views)

Kanu: Negotiations With FG On Political Solution At Advanced Stage –ohanaeze / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Lagos, Others Into Darkness / TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by nlfpmod: 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
GRID COLLAPSE AFTER 421 DAYS OF STABILITY; RESTORATION IS AT ADVANCED STAGES

The Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, hereby notes that grid restoration nationwide is in progress and has reached advanced stages with power supply now available in the West, North Central, South, East, and a large portion of the Northern parts of the country.

The power supply restoration is sequel to the total grid collapse, which occurred at 12.35 am, this morning, causing outage nationwide, after over 421 days of consistent grid stability.

In the course of the grid restoration, the process initially suffered a setback; this does not amount to another collapse. In the course of any grid restoration process, challenges may be encountered. This happened today while the grid restoration was in progress, but it was promptly addressed.

It would be recalled that the last total system collapse recorded was on 20th July 2022, from then to the 13th of September, 2023, ( 421 days), the system had been stable in spite of the challenges posed by zero spinning reserve and lack of adequate System

Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) essential to a strong and stable grid, among others

TCN had been able to maintain 421 days of grid stability because it developed and deployed in-house stop gap measures and tools that it has continued to use to manage the nations grid, ensuring its stability.

Meanwhile, the collapse which occurred after a fire incident on Kanji/Jebba 330kV line 2 is being investigated, with the view to forestalling future occurrence and invariably further strengthen the grid.

The incident notwithstanding, TCN is determined to continue to do its best to ensure grid stability.

Ndidi Mbah
GM, Public Affairs
14/9/23

Credit: TCNNIGERIA @TCN_NIGERIA

Dear Valued Customer,

Kindly be informed that power supply has been restored from the grid.

Thank you for your patience.

#PowerUpdate #EKEDC #EmpoweringQualityOfLives

Eko Electricity Distribution Company

3 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by rintileri: 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kontri of 220 million people producing 4,000+ MW electricity they can't still keep the grid stable grin UAE <10 million people 27,000+ MW capacity cheesy

This is the type of Kontri you will get when Fashola the lawyer is your power minister for many years or Keyamo the debater is your aerospace minister. We're in for a long ride Nigerians angry

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by yesloaded: 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
I suggest government start to give alternate power loan to government workers and registers business owners

Finance solar setup for business owners and salary earners while they pay back in 2-5yrs with soft interest

Petrol or diesel generator is not a good alternative power supply

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by Peterpaul96: 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Welcome back
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by aklid(m): 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Yup we can see that lights been restored here since 13:27…..

But think of the toll it have taken on Businesses for just these few Hours…🫰🏾

3 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by opera1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
Either collapse or not, we kno 1st dey see light before.

9 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by GanagiBitrus: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
TCN had been able to maintain 421 days of grid stability...
Of what use is this 421days of Grid Stability without corresponding Power Stability to consumers.
Because NEPA in my area has been very epileptic.

21 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by SpatialKing(m): 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
Use Peak Milk and Malt please

The national grid needs more blood

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by Judolisco(m): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
With a almost a year and no system collapse is something to celebrate.... We are making progress... No be every time we go dey abuse Nepa

5 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by sofeo(m): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Alright

Make it quick.
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by midehi2(f): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by atobs4real(m): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
You better be serious.
Make it snappy.
I love feedback.
It is important.
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by omoredia: 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Which restore?

Just as the average citizens is trying to have a stake in government, criminals gangs, cartels and terrorists groups that can quickly mobilize cash and personel for elections are also pushing to have a stake and their interests promoted. Who do we think this APC government will listen to?

7 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by Oyerinde16(m): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
9ja no de sleep aswear... i woke up around 12:30am to wee... the way they took light, I knew something was wrong... within 10 min twitter don catch fire...

2 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by Raskimonojendor: 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nigeria's T & D systems needs a complete overhaul and rebuild.

73 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by markidoo(m): 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
Chai,, National Grid don collapse and we still get 21 hrs light no be juju be that?

2 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by specialmati(m): 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked they should be fast. and they should generate enough to give us steady light na .since 1960 nigeria cant boast of steady light why
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by SIRKAY98(m): 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
Thank God , i will not be billed crazy bill ontop this.
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by Germi9: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
Aint TCN ashamed of this constant collapse ? Why don’t they find a lasting solution to all this embarrassment rather than the patch patch repairs and manage manage syndrome
In tupacs voice :..some things will never change

3 Likes

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by Walterkin919: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
Guys am not stingy like others, make my follow guys benefit too

I just received my own this morning around 9:15Am just de play de go

Palmpay are still giving away 20,000 naira instantly and you can withdraw it anytime you want, it for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free.

But old user like me can benefit too by using another phone number to register and collect your money pass. No playing

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo

5k after you receive the money for me showing you this update Please op.ay acct 8.1.78..98…..568

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot

Click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid0XZbEjp7STgWE4Xe2TEGwhvTozQfdRBp6kVNEc9S5FH2NY3fkibAK5nFfmXfYrTNEl/?mibextid=cr9u03

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by Postinor: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Me I have light right now sha
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by atobs4real(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
You better be serious.
Make it snappy.
I love feedback.
It is important.
But note: you are not capable because you don't have plan b as business entity

1 Like

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by atobs4real(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
You better be serious.
Make it snappy.
I love feedback.
It is important.
But note: you are not capable because you don't have plan b as business entity
Keep giving us excuses

1 Like

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by RosyIsBlessed: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Yeah , just received light now tho it didn't last
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by RESTMOUTH99(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Is power supply in the exclusive list of the federal government? Very bad. Grid system should be abolished and allow organizations and levels of government to invest in power supply.

Lastly, nuclear power supply has recently being adjudged the best sustainable power supply by scientists. But what's Nigeria waiting to embrace it to tackle this century of epileptic electricity supply? High time concern citizens rise take away ethnicity and religion and push for a good policy that will liberate this nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by Alchemy528: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Problems
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by wittywriter: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
SpatialKing:
Use Peak Milk and Malt please

The national grid needs more blood
specialmati:
sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked they should be fast. and they should generate enough to give us steady light na .since 1960 nigeria cant boast of steady light why

yesloaded:
I suggest government start to give alternate power loan to government workers and registers business owners

Finance solar setup for business owners and salary earners while they pay back in 2-5yrs with soft interest

Petrol or diesel generator is not a good alternative power supply

Wittyness
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by Rodimi20000000: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Good
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by obembet(f): 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Better o
Re: Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN by kettykin: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Why not split the grid up into regional grids, this is a big embarrassment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC To Summon Okonjo-Iweala Over Arms Deal / 2.4m Households To Benefit From FG’s Stimulus Package – Dr. Andrew Kwasari / Atiku Is Non-binary, Sexually Conflicted Crook - Femi Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.