Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,460 members, 7,864,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:36 AM

National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu (10941 Views)

National Grid Restored After Fire At Afam Power Plant. / Electricity: National Grid Restored; Minister Of Power Abubakar Aliyu / Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by CooldipoMPS: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2023
I was always supporting the grid and those who strongly depend on it. I provide an alternative power solution!
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by Gadafi001(m): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2023
Thank God. Darkness no Good
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by Desusi: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2023
Talabioye:
U sef won dey show say u dey work abi...
If na you, you no go pose? You will not only praise yourself you go announce to the Nation, you are different from your predecessor.Na so life be.
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by Acidosis(m): 10:16am On Sep 15, 2023
todugo:

Go and search what is "Hero syndrome".

Don't let this government play you.

Hmmn... Another angle. Thank you.
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by COMPAQ(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
Only if our useless leaders can acquire working brains for once. The moment they make electricity available 24hrs jobs will spring up everywhere. Many industries will employ more people and there will be pay rise. With epileptic power supply, those hopes are dashed. Only few people will be employed cause of the cost of running on diesel and fuel.

Those importing generators are the brain behind this nonsense. All for money. Money they won't spend when they die.
Indeed the heart of man is wicked.
🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁

Its not that simplistic! Nigerian's often take the simplistic approach that doing one single thing will solve specific economic problems.

Solutions to any economies issues requires a a complex interplay of various factors working in tandem.

Even if we were to magically have 24hrs electricity in Nigeria, what about access to capital, efficient ports for import and export of goods and materials, a well educated and skilled workforce, good transportation networks across Nigeria, sanctity of contract, efficient judicial system , security and many more

1 Like

Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by alizma: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2023
That was relatively a fast response from your team. I hope you keep and enhance it.
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by COMPAQ(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Ordinary 24/7hrs light that other countries such as Ghana, south Africa, Egypt, Tunisia etc are all enjoying, Nigeria cannot boast of any!!!

What a very useless country. To make matter worst a drug lord has ascended the highest seat in the land. I trust Atiku to drag the USA Court to release Tinubu's documents! Werey presented forge certificates to inec and yet he was sworn in. Corruption pro max!!!

If you read the news, especially international news, not social media, you'd know that South Africa is suffering from terrible outages which has steadily worsened in last 5 years. Based on my friend in Jbourgs load shedding schedule, the light i get in Lekki is currently is better than what he's getting.

1 Like

Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by softy(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2023
There is no light at Abule Egba, Ipaja Ayobo, Ahmadyya area right now as I speak. If Grid has been restored, why is there no light till now?
Pls, tell us if you have light right now in ur location.
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by Emma1Oj(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2023
Where is the light?
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
COMPAQ:

Its not that simplistic! Nigerian's often take the simplistic approach that doing one single thing will solve specific economic problems.

Solutions to any economies issues requires a a complex interplay of various factors working in tandem.

Even if we were to magically have 24hrs electricity in Nigeria, what about access to capital, efficient ports for import and export of goods and materials, a well educated and skilled workforce, good transportation networks across Nigeria, sanctity of contract, efficient judicial system , security and many more
When we get that light issues solved and fixed, other things will fall in place gradually. It's a process. We must start somewhere. Fix the power and watch the magic.
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by ofwest47(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
Nigeria the 6th of the 1st 10 most populated countries in the world with over 200 000000 population and just with less than 4000Mw Power supply systems in the country instead of the need for over 200 000 Mw
See Brazil the 7th most populated country in the world with well over 185000Mw still going into Gíga watt Generation capacity. Mexico the No. 10 with power supply systems going into 140000 Mw.
See South Africa a Country of less than 70million population with well over 70000Mw.
The Electricity power supply systems in Nigeria 🇳🇬 has being in existence before the existence of private business enterprises in Nigeria at Independence in 1960.
Recalled the Kainji Hydro started by the British colonial in 1955 through River Niger ( With Kainji Lake created 7miles by 3 miles) and the Hydro power units systems meant for 12 at 100 Mw. Per unit ie 1200 Mw.but at Independent not much was continued with and by1968 the then military head of State Yakubu Gowon commissioned on only 4 units @ 80 Mw per unit ie 320 Mw instead of 1200Mw .and by 1975 one of the 4 units has gone damage and collapse.
Remember the multi billion dollars gas power stations systems award what was its end of the road?
There more to it than see or meet the eyes.
However to every problem there is always a solution.
Our power generation, Transmission and Distribution supply systems to day must be purely qualified privately builders of power supply systems Generations Transmission and Distribution enterprises and not the political enterprises operators claiming operations systems now.
All the State governments should be in relationship with these private builders with the building , Transmission and Distribution of power supply systems in their States aside from Federal systems involvement. All the entire States in the country have what it takes to build power supply systems. Coastal area waters, Rivers and Lakes, Solar power supply systems usage, Gas supply systems, Winds, and even black coals as it used be in the black coal power supply systems Generations then.
So for the country to remove herself from being the worst power supply systems in the world 🌎 what is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by ambale(m): 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
You restore am but me never see light this week atall

Probably im not even in Nigeria sef😄
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by COMPAQ(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
softy:
There is no light at Abule Egba, Ipaja Ayobo, Ahmadyya area right now as I speak. If Grid has been restored, why is there no light till now?
Pls, tell us if you have light right now in ur location.

Its back in Lekki since last night.
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by goody234: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
Only if our useless leaders can acquire working brains for once. The moment they make electricity available 24hrs jobs will spring up everywhere. Many industries will employ more people and there will be pay rise. With epileptic power supply, those hopes are dashed. Only few people will be employed cause of the cost of running on diesel and fuel.

Those importing generators are the brain behind this nonsense. All for money. Money they won't spend when they die.
🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁

I swear that one move on electricity will change this country ..but the selfish ppl wont allow it

1 Like

Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by goody234: 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
I dont think electricity should be a problem in this day and and age in baffles me ...how we cant do it
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by PaulH07: 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:

🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁

Nigeria has made me realize having regular power supply doesn't mean shit.

Go to the core North like Taraba etc where light dey waste for there and confirm my assertion. Na still village most of those places be with their light.

The area I dey stay for Ogun State called Gasline dey get 24hrs light for 3days, and then 1day off, but the place still be like ghetto.

Na people mentality gaz change no be power supply, once mentality change power supply go be follow come...

1 Like

Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by femijamz: 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
Prove to us by giving us the light
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
PaulH07:

Nigeria has made me realize having regular power supply doesn't mean shit.

Go to the core North like Taraba etc where light dey waste for there and confirm my assertion. Na still village most of those places be with their light.

The area I dey stay for Ogun State called Gasline dey get 24hrs light for 3days, and then 1day off, but the place still be like ghetto.

Na people mentality gaz change no be power supply, once mentality change power supply go be follow come...
Good assertion. I also noticed that they hardly give Industrial area this steady power supply. Only places where heavy duty equipments are not found usually witness this steady power supply. You have a point.
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by nairalanda1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Ordinary 24/7hrs light that other countries such as Ghana, south Africa, Egypt, Tunisia etc are all enjoying, Nigeria cannot boast of any!!!

What a very useless country. To make matter worst a drug lord has ascended the highest seat in the land. I trust Atiku to drag the USA Court to release Tinubu's documents! Werey presented forge certificates to inec and yet he was sworn in. Corruption pro max!!!

Ghana, South Africa, Egypt and tunisia also do two things Nigeria does not do

1.They let the power companies set the price. While South Africa can see price raises several times in a year, Nigeria froze power prices between 2017-19, and government sets prices for the power companies.

2.They also don't let people default. Default in those countries? Criminal offence. Default on power bills in Nigeria? You are a hero.

All in all, the power companies make enough money in those countries to fix things. Nigerian discos can't make enough cash to breakeven

EVEN THEN...South Africa has issues with power right now. Blackouts, power theft, etc.

1 Like

Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by PaulH07: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:

Good assertion. I also noticed that they hardly give Industrial area this steady power supply. Only places where heavy duty equipments are not found usually witness this steady power supply. You have a point.

Toh in a nutshell, we either lack the capacity to supply these industrial areas with enough power, and instead divert it to low power consuming areas; or we intentionally deprive these industrial areas of power to cripple industrial production capacity.

I'll go with the former conjecture though.

1 Like

Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by April4th(m): 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
Why all the lies? For crying out loud. I live in the FCT and no light for the past 24hrs.
Re: National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 2:59am On Sep 16, 2023
PaulH07:

Toh in a nutshell, we either lack the capacity to supply these industrial areas with enough power, and instead divert it to low power consuming areas; or we intentionally deprive these industrial areas of power to cripple industrial production capacity.

I'll go with the former conjecture though.
Rightly put. And that's the unfortunate situation we have in this country. So when they have insed alternate power supply for operation, they put the charges on their products which today we buy at exorbitant rates. Omo I SMH for Nigeria.
🙁

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Youth Day: We're Committed To Creating Jobs- Buhari / Fuel Scarcity: DPR Seals 20 Filling Stations In Port Harcourt / PDP Lawmaker Decamps To APC In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.