Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu (30031 Views)

Jude Idimogu: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly / Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 / Maghalu: If Buhari Offers Me Political Appointment I'll reflect on it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Dittodat: 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Peter should divorce his wife and marry a Yoruba woman.

That could give him an edge in 2031
Yoruba women marry a pathological liar, a Conman?
I doubt it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by samsongbemisola(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tflex01:
Normal. As it should be.

Remi Tinubu, a Delta woman will be forever grateful for marrying a Yoruba man.
please check Google

1 Like

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Kemadealadire(f): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
Amaggedon:
Which dirty yoruba women ? He just told you the reason why he married a yoruba woman and you are still fooling around .. even remi tinubu said that igbos dont like to marry yoruba women.
That bolded part isn't true, infact reverse is the case. I don't see people or situations through the lens of tribe but I have to disclaim that. Yoruba women refuse to because of you guys plenty traditions no matter how christianly, your traditions must be enforced, how the women are treated in event of the spouse's death etc. That's why you have more Igbo women marrying Yoruba men because it's safer that way.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Angelfrost(m): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
Fuckingmallam45:

Angelfrost for the first time, you said something worth amazing about Yoruba. You wey I Know say u no like Yoruba.
Lexy go even dey ask neck breaking questions 😏🤔😅😅😅

Haba Egbon... I have no ethnic affiliation or favorite on this forum na.

I don't criticize anyone based on his tribe (that doesn't even make sense).

I go after anyone not doing well. Your ethnicity means nothing to me... I honestly don't even care about the tribes of those leading as long as they are doing their jobs extremely well.

As for my comment above, it's just an undeniable FACT!... I'm well traveled, and I have lived and worked all over this nation, so I speak from experience. grin

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by truthfinder319: 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
Liberal mind. Unlike the children of hate
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Bridget95(f): 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
Themanleshey:
I wish I could trust you but your tribal men don open our eyes . To trust you dey fear me even as an Igbo in-law. I fear who no fear una .
Fear yourself for who you are . Repent from bigotry and be fearless
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Phred1717: 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
Men with working... The one I have in my area is still talking without results... Soon he will ousted from the community
Benwallt:

https://independent.ng/marrying-yoruba-woman-gave-me-political-advantage-idimogu/
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by fx45(m): 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2023
flokii:
Voting someone like Idimogu to post of say President will be your biggest regret.. It's the that are born and bred or have stayed long in Yorubaland that hate Yorubas more. Forget all these their pretence..
Maybe it's the many accomplishments of Yorubas they are seeing daily that is causing it, I do not know.

But know this for free that the Igbo living in your midst is far more dangerous than the ones in faraway Igboland. You people don't know anything as regards Igbos.
You don kolo finally... Lols grin grin grin

What about Joe Igbokwe? Would you consider voting for him if he comes out for an electoral position?
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Ecosystem4u: 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2023
Dareal90s:

It usually pain Dem when Yoruba women reject them.

You are really entertaining, keep giving yourself hope nothing wrong with that. cheesy
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Davicl: 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
This is the kind of unity we want in Nigeria and not pityobi people and Ipob miscreants Walhalla always calling my sweet country a shiiithollle... I love Nigeria 🇳🇬❤️🇳🇬

Thunder fire 🔥 unity
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by damton(m): 7:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tflex01:
Normal. As it should be.

Remi Tinubu, a Delta woman will be forever grateful for marrying a Yoruba man.

Remi Tinubu is not a Delta woman.
Do you claim your fathers origin or mother's

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by placeofallure(f): 7:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
I was told by someone in Ekiti not to marry a Yoruba woman, because their promiscousity is topnotch. They don't forbid adultery. Secondly thier brothers are skull miners

I was at a burial yesterday. The deceased was a Yoruba woman. During tributes, a certain Igbo group came around and the microphone was handed to their spokesperson. She sang the praise of the deceased to high heavens. They call themselves the Falomo Ndiigbo community. The deceased was instrumental to building the Police Officers Women Association shops at Falomo. According to her, she was a mother, advisor, companion, problem solver, many things. They are Igbo, she was Yoruba, yet they bonded and blended well. People like you cannot reach the top cause you encumber yourself with too many cloaks of hatred, dissent, contempt, jealousy and foolhardiness.

One day, you will know better.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Fiscus105(m): 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
I was told by someone in Ekiti not to marry a Yoruba woman, because their promiscousity is topnotch. They don't forbid adultery. Secondly thier brothers are skull miners

Like this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Rahkman: 7:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
flokii:

The Idimogu man ought to be ashamed of himself while granting this interview.. how many Yorubas married to Igbo women are allowed near politics where he hails from in South East?..
To contest for ordinary market president as non-Igbo in the East there is war, they will send assassins after you but here is one of them holding posts in Yorubaland.

Am I supposed to clap for him or what?
this man interview pain u reach bone marrow him get levels pass your entire family for that lagos even the yoruba family wey him marry into u no fit even afford their house girl, na to dey ur brown roof for oshagbo dey insult am,,,,I feel ur pain
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Noccerino(m): 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2023
Is uboma no longer in Ukpor anamabra state ?
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by harjay1986: 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ekouzinn:
Yorubas are the most important people in Nigeria

Every tribe are utmost important the better we know this the easy it is on us
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by fx45(m): 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kemadealadire:

That bolded part isn't true, infact reverse is the case. I don't see people or situations through the lens of tribe but I have to disclaim that. Yoruba women refuse to because of you guys plenty traditions no matter how christianly, your traditions must be enforced, how the women are treated in event of the spouse death etc. That's why you have more Igbo women marrying Yoruba men because it's safer.
Igbos aren't really big on marrying Yoruba women, so attempts aren't even made. Just a few do. It has nothing to do with the non-existent 'traditions' you see on Nollywood. Even food preferences are more of deciding factors. Most Igbo men wouldn't agree to live on Yoruba cuisine and it's difficult to find Yoruba women that can prepare Igbo dishes

1 Like

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by GUNITGuy: 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2023
When would all my rich uncles married to Ibo women get appointment in Ananbra or Imo state .....

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Kemadealadire(f): 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2023
fx45:
Igbos aren't really big on marrying Yoruba women. Just a few do. It has nothing to do with the non-existent 'traditions' you see on Nollywood. Even food preferences are more of deciding factors. Most Igbo men wouldn't agree to live on Yoruba cuisine and it's difficult to find Yoruba women that can prepare Igbo dishes
Nollywood Are you joking. We both know the truth, just say you as an individual you aren't keen on ...,you are even male. Do your findings about those esp. in Yoruba dominated areas or other parts of the world that isn't the southeast plus Yorubas don't demand so much in bride price payment, no stress to it as well as it's majorly the bride's family that is directly involved in most cases not the village people as it obtains in the east. For food, food can be learnt na, let's use this story as an example.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by fx45(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kemadealadire:

Nollywood Are you joking. We both know the truth, just say you as an individual aren't keen on ...,you are even male. Do your findings about those esp. in Yoruba dominated areas or other parts of the world that isn't the southeast.
Stereotypes and misinformation has done a lot of damage especially to the Yoruba people. I have Yoruba in my immediate family. You know nothing

1 Like

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2023
placeofallure:

I was at a burial yesterday. The deceased was a Yoruba woman. During tributes, a certain Igbo group came around and the microphone was handed to their spokesperson. She sang the praise of the deceased to high heavens. They call themselves the Falomo Ndiigbo community. The deceased was instrumental to building the Police Officers Women Association shops at Falomo. According to her, she was a mother, advisor, companion, problem solver, many things. They are Igbo, she was Yoruba, yet they bonded and blended well. People like you cannot reach the top cause you encumber yourself with too many cloaks of hatred, dissent, contempt, jealousy and foolhardiness.

One day, you will know better.
tell that to your your druggie president. Bumboclat
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by McLizbae: 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
Hmmm.. That same person also said same thing about igbo woman o. Just that their brothers don't only mine skulls, but the whole human parts for varieties of advanced money rituals😂😂😂🤣
Ajehkpako4naija:

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by placeofallure(f): 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
tell that to your your druggie president. Bumboclat

You are a son of perdition. You will soon meet your waterloo if you don't desist from your hatred and self aggrandizement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Kemadealadire(f): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
fx45:
Stereotypes and misinformation has done a lot of damage especially to the Yoruba people. I have Yoruba in my immediate family. You know nothing
I also have Igbos in my family too, I mean via marriage, neighbours, family friends etc. I don't speak based on hearsays. You know how women of the same tribe have a hard time when the husband dies, not to talk of how a woman who is considered an outsider is treated, this isn't Nollywood and besides Nollywood portrays what happens in real life with a touch of make believe or either way, I am not a fan though.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2023
placeofallure:

You are a son of perdition. You will soon meet your waterloo if you don't desist from your hatred and aggrandizement.
ur papa go meet him waterloo ekpaaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Amaggedon: 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kemadealadire:

That bolded part isn't true, infact reverse is the case. I don't see people or situations through the lens of tribe but I have to disclaim that. Yoruba women refuse to because of you guys plenty traditions no matter how christianly, your traditions must be enforced, how the women are treated in event of the spouse death etc. That's why you have more Igbo women marrying Yoruba men because it's safer.
What tradition are you talking about? If you are talking about the marriage rites then its solely on the man, but if you talk about tradition as regards to culture or religion then you're not been truthful to yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by XAUBulls: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Bulldozer90: 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
PaulNwosu:

He was appointed because he refused to answer the stupidity of some people who insulted him publicly for staying in APC.
you go explain tire

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by fx45(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kemadealadire:

I also have Igbos in my family too, I mean via marriage, neighbours, family friends etc. I don't speak on hearsays. You know how women of the same tribe have a hard time when the husband dies, not to talk of how a woman who is considered an outsider is treated, this isn't Nollywood and besides Nollywood portrays what happens in real life with a touch of make believe or either way, I am not a fan though.
I have a Yoruba friend. He later told me the first day he passed the night in my house he couldn't sleep. He thought I was coming to his room to kill him(In Lagos ooo.. not even in Igboland). He said they were told Igbos kill people and eat. Now imagine what your people are teaching their children in the 21st century. Thank God it doesn't cut across. There are also several exposed and liberal Yorubas without such parochial dispositions.

Back to those 'traditions' you're talking about, I repeat again, they only exist in Nollywood. By the way one of my siblings is married to a Yoruba woman. You need to update some of those your opinions though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Airlord2030: 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
rubbish
If you like marry alakija, nothing for igbo people in lagos again tongue

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Aircraft Barred From Landing At Makurdi Airport / Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country. / Photos From The Meeting Between House Of Reps And Senate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.