Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church (62103 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by spencekat(m): 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
daygee12:

Try to Read it very well, I said he sees it as his own.
Sees?Ok na.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by ufotunang: 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nowadays anybody can just easily be a pastor.. from an actor to pastor,.., nawaoooo
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by abidem4real: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2023
Righthussle:

Leave all that plenty grammar. Church na business. The boy must inherit his father's business. I no blame them. Na the fools wey dey work hard for money carry go give pulpit bandits to chop in the name of giving to God na them I dey pity. I don free my mother from the foolishness of thinking these thieves work for whoever made the universe.

Shishi pulpits bandits no go see from me and my family again.

Any god that needs money should use his power to collect it from CBN or IMF or better still sit down and create money for himself. I won't give shishi to any god through anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TryP_z07aU?si=WBcQ5qrH-_BRr-Ic
Hmmm! This must be an Obedient to the core🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Bigsunny01(m): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2023
Acekidc4:
No be Dread ah Dey see for him Head so🤔🤔

Ur eye no sharp

U no see tattoo join?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by bewla(m): 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2023
Racoon:
Humn! Though the trauma is too heavy given the situations with the painful death of his parents, I think the board of trustees of the church ought to have nominated someone different away from the Odukoyas. Church leadership should not be as a result of monarchial inheritance.
that guy below na good Analysis
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Kingzjayzee: 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2023
Acekidc4:
No be Dread ah Dey see for him Head so🤔🤔
no be dread. Na dada grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Spinno: 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
Ewoooooh...this man abii pastor's successor seems to be a reggae man...
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by TheSuperX(m): 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2023
Congratulations to him.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by mabea: 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2023
Righthussle:

Leave all that plenty grammar. Church na business. The boy must inherit his father's business. I no blame them. Na the fools wey dey work hard for money carry go give pulpit bandits to chop in the name of giving to God na them I dey pity. I don free my mother from the foolishness of thinking these thieves work for whoever made the universe.] You don't know the harm you've done to your mother

Any god that needs money should use his power to collect it from CBN or IMF or better still sit down and create money for himself. I won't give shishi to any god through anybody.

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Bfly: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2023
I don't believe it until i see that guy on the alter.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Pointnoire(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2023
Oga, leave that one; the church is over twenty years old, and all we have seen is the transfer from wife to husband and then to son; what manner of church is that? Twenty years ago, were there no senior and assistant pastors, if there is any arm of Nigerian Christianity rubbishing Christianity, is the Pentecostal movement.
sreamsense:

You need to understand that children they raised are not wayward like you. Many of them are well brought up and always align with visions of their fathers. You can't compare yourself in this scenerio because we don't even know if DNA will confirm you are born for another father. Whoever the elders agreed upon to follow suit shouldn't be the problem since the children are not the ones fighting for the positions

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Major7: 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
sreamsense:

You need to understand that children they raised are not wayward like you. Many of them are well brought up and always align with visions of their fathers. You can't compare yourself in this scenerio because we don't even know if DNA will confirm you are born for another father. Whoever the elders agreed upon to follow suit shouldn't be the problem since the children are not the ones fighting for the positions

God bless you for your rich contribution,I was thinking of a perfect way to respond to him but you saved me of the stress grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Major7: 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2023
Righthussle:

Why not politely disagree with my opinion instead of insulting me. I know say na so una dey sha. Children wey dem train with tithe and offering money no dey get sense and respect.

Don't worry guy, you will certainly inherit your pulpit bandit of a father's business (church). My comments and opinions can't change that. But may be by then there won't be so much gullible people to give you free money like they are giving to your dad now. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I pray that the grace of God will locate you before it's too late 🙏
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by armyofone(m): 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kingzjayzee:
no be dread. Na dada grin

Or fake kinky twist
Or Senegalese twist

Or fake dread for acting.

Tattoo may be fake too.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by oluplus(m): 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2023
Realestatevixen:

Well Mister, I am female not male. And you still dont get the point do you? It takes a really stupid person to identify another stupid person, and by the way, who made you Lord and Judge over people? A mere mortal like you! My age is immaterial in this context considering the fact that we have foolish old peolple and very wise younger people. I dont need a soothsayer to tell me which category you fall into.

You are quick to ask what the bible says about tattoos but fail to read where the bible says do not judge so that thou will not be judged.

Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Luke 6:41

But the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and of the platter; but inside of you, you are full of robbery and wickedness. You foolish ones, did not He who made the outside make the inside also? Luke 11:39-40

Jimi Odukoya is not my pastor, his father and mother pastored me for many years before I left Fountain of Life after getting married. That however does not belittle the call and anointing of God upon his life.

This will be my last response to you on this subject matter, and I will leave you with this verse:

Proverbs 26:4-5 – Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes. The self-confident fool thinks too highly of himself and his opinions, and he shares them freely.

Let me drop this quickly.
The guy may have been quick to judge, which, I don't support too, but you can't erase the salient points he raised and that is where my concern also lies.
You said Pst Jimmy was ordained by Bishop T. D. Jakes about 15 years ago, so I ask what was he ordained into? I find it absurd that he venture into Nollywood after ordination.
While I don't judge people by their appearance, combining pastoral work and Nollywood does not seat well with me.
My opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by bukatyne(f): 9:28pm On Sep 17, 2023
Acidosis:
The guy has been a pastor for years na..

While actively acting in Nollywood?

What kind of parts did he act?

I don't think I have ever seen him perform.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by oluplus(m): 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
cucumbar:
oh you are a female… no wonder.
I was wondering how a man could be this stupid. Quite a few men are though, but not to this level.
Now I know why you go to a church with this kind of pastor…so you can imagine stuffs and probably seduce him.
I checked your profile and I can see you are still struggling to find your feet economically.That’s because you attend social gatherings in the name of church.
You are asking me who made me a judge? Don’t you know the Bible already provided some criteria for who can be a pastor? That’s why I will keep telling you that you are so dumb. I get why now.
Those scriptures you pasted here should apply to you. Go and digest them, maybe you can retrace your steps.
[/b]Now that I know you are a woman, I’ll stop responding to you, because your stupidity comes as a default[b]

This is uncalled for.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by luluman: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2023
soccerlite:

The Bible (KJV) says, “Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch” (Mt. 15: 14).
This one na mumu, why not show us where the bible condemed the guy's hairstyle or what he does?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by cucumbar: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
oluplus:

Let me drop this quickly.
The guy may have been quick to judge, which, I don't support too, but you can't erase the salient points he raised and that is where my concern also lies.
You said Pst Jimmy was ordained by Bishop T. D. Jakes about 15 years ago, so I ask what was he ordained into? I find it absurd that he venture into Nollywood after ordination.
While I don't judge people by their appearance, combining pastoral work and Nollywood does not seat well with me.
My opinion though.
Allow her, let her be yapping up and down.
Leave that nollywood matter sef. That one is another kettle of fish.
you should judge people by their appearance. Especially someone that says he is a pastor and has people he is supposed to guide. All these things are in the Bible, except the Bible has changed.
I won’t attend a church where the pastor draws tattoo on his body and carry dada like majek fashek .The Bible condemns it. That’s a red flag.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by cucumbar: 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2023
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by labelle123(f): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
With this kind appearance sha Hair plus tattoo
Only God knows
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by ComeToJesus: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
Realestatevixen:
For a lot you who are obviously in the dark of the happenings at The Fountain Of Life Church, Jimi Odukoya is a Pastor in the church. As a matter of fact, he was ordained a Pastor by Bishop T.D Jakes in America about 15 years ago whilst still a student in Oral Roberts University, Tusla Oklahoma.

Upon return to Nigeria in 2010 or 2011, he was assigned to the Youth Church, it wasnt immediately though that he started to pastor the youth church because Pastor Oyinda who was the pastor then had been the pastor in charge of the youths since those days I attended youth fellowship in 2004. He pastored the Youth church for many years, the youth church was later Christened Church 3:16

In 2019, some branches of the church were opened around Lagos even though they dont bear the name Fountain of Life. One of such is The Cave Church Lekki. Jimi Odukoya is the pastor in charge of the Cave Church, and I believe God has used him tremendously.

Don't mind the assembly of ignoramuses ranting here. People that need the church more so that they can find their bearings in life be wilding their mouth because of crass ignorance.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Bimpe29: 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
Really
Righthussle:

Leave all that plenty grammar. Church na business. The boy must inherit his father's business. I no blame them. Na the fools wey dey work hard for money carry go give pulpit bandits to chop in the name of giving to God na them I dey pity. I don free my mother from the foolishness of thinking these thieves work for whoever made the universe.

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Kingzjayzee: 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2023
armyofone:

Or fake kinky twist
Or Senegalese twist

Or fake dread for acting.

Tattoo may be fake too.
grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Onucs(m): 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2023
enemyofprogress:
how e take concern you? Na your church?

Neither theirs. It is suppose to be the church of God
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by enemyofprogress: 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
Onucs:

Neither theirs. It is suppose to be the church of God
yinmu! Where were you and they when his father laboured to open the church?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2023
What a shame.

Seems more like a family business. He even made plans about his son succeeding him before he died. He couldn't even obtain mercy from God to extend his life like Hezekiah.
His South African wife died in 2017. Late Bimbo died in 2005-2006. Something is just odd about that household.

And you are supposed to be a pastor who is supposedly connected to God, and would be able to lay hands on your ill wife to restore her health. But he couldn't. Not even his own health too. Dieing from the spirit of infirmity.
Questionable calling. Seems he called himself.

I've said what I've said. His church members and supporters can wail if they choose to.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Babaken(m): 11:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
The BoT that's the share holders for the company.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by ogaemma: 11:54pm On Sep 17, 2023
From movie set to pulpit.
The hustling continues.
Congratulations.
When we say church na family business, gullible supporters will never get sense.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by yemmywesey(m): 1:02am On Sep 18, 2023
But what will church members benefits after spending all their entire life, money, resources, energy etc in the church.
It is only the pastors that benefits everything in the church.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Acidosis(m): 6:50am On Sep 18, 2023
bukatyne:

While actively acting in Nollywood?

What kind of parts did he act?

I don't think I have ever seen him perform.

I think he has since dump certain nollywood movies (not sure when). He posts more of his sermons in church on IG (The Cave Church, Lekki). He has been consistent since I discovered him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I Sold My Soul To Satan So What? I Don't Want No Heaven' - Nigerian Lady Shocks / 3 African Countries That Stopped Celebrating Christmas / You Are Inside A Woman's Private Part - Female Pastor Tells Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.