Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women (1075 Views)

I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court / What Is The Socio-cultural Impact Of Childlessness Among Married Couples / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Niceessien(m): 7:28am On Sep 18, 2023
EKPO NKA AGWO"

Ekpo Nka Agwo The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women In Akwa Ibom state

Ekpo Nka Agwo, the Ibibio and Annang ancestral spirits or ghosts of adultery.

Ekpo Nka Agwo regulate, check, expose, and punish infidelity among authentically married women, in order to maintain the sanctity of marriage among the Ibibio.

According to Ibibio and Annang mythology, in Akwa Ibom state and some parts of Cross River, if a married woman commit adultery and refuses to admit her infidelity for possible cleansing, she dies during childbirth or lose her children.

It been believe that their souls will be claimed by the deity.

In the other hand, if a man is aware of his wife's adulterous ways and fails to expose her, Ekpo Nka Agwo will in return claim his soul. So many lives have been lost as a result of this.

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by yimor: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2023
Tales by moon light

2 Likes

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Caaz: 8:00am On Sep 18, 2023
Same deity should also caution the men to keep their Gbola solely for their wives.

Our ancestors were really biased against the women folks.
What's good for the geese is equally fit for the gander.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by talented321: 8:09am On Sep 18, 2023
One community in delta has something like this, no woman from that town can cheat on their husbands..

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by dawnomike(m): 8:35am On Sep 18, 2023
The why some men would rather get married to ladies from their hometown... Biased tradition
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Carcholce: 9:35am On Sep 18, 2023
Caaz:
Same deity should also caution the men to keep their Gbola solely for their wives.

They were not biased. It’s a method to keep their women in check. What about DNA test of today? Is it biased against women?

5 Likes

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Caaz: 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2023
They were biased.same should also be applicable to the men to keep them in checks
Carcholce:

They were not biased. It’s a method to keep their women in check. What about DNA test of today? Is it biased against women?

3 Likes

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Carcholce: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2023
Caaz:
They were biased.same should also be applicable to the men to keep them in checks

How about DNA test of today? Isn’t it biased against women?
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Caaz: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2023
That's another different aspect entirely.
Carcholce:

How about DNA test of today? Isn’t it biased against women?

Since my conscience is clear,I won't be faze or bothered one bit if my husband decides to run a DNA.
But you see that traditional gimmicks played by the gods is a total bullshit.

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Zupay: 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2023
Yimu.com cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Carcholce: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
Caaz:

That's another different aspect entirely.

Since my conscience is clear,I won't be faze or bothered one bit if my husband decides to run a DNA.
But you see that traditional gimmicks played by the gods is a total bullshit.

Exactly.

Perhaps you do not have any idea how these things are done. To run a DNA test, the man must take the child to the hospital. Also to run the traditional gimmick(like you called it) it is the man that involves the woman, with her consent or her knowledge of such tradition. It has nothing to do with the gods. The gods can only come in when you bring the case to them just like when the man takes the child to meet a doctor for DNA test to be carried out.

Ned Okonkwo did it when he was getting married to Regina. She was aware and consented to it.

That is why I asked you how is it any different from todays DNA tests. It is the same but different method to put women in check. Women of older generations had no issues with the tradition because their “conscience” were clear too.
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Caaz: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2023
You still doesn't get my point.Anyways nice for the brief.
Carcholce:

Exactly.

Perhaps you do not have any idea how these things are done. To run a DNA test, the man must take the child to the hospital. Also to run the traditional gimmick(like you called it) it is the man that involves the woman, with her consent or her knowledge of such tradition. It has nothing to do with the gods. The gods can only come in when you bring the case to them just like when the man takes the child to meet a doctor for DNA test to be carried out.

Ned Okonkwo did it when he was getting married to Regina. She was aware and consented to it.

That is why I asked you how is it any different from todays DNA tests. It is the same but different method to put women in check. Women of older generations had no issues with the tradition because their “conscience” were clear too.

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Anfieldboss: 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2023
Caaz:

The african traditional marriage rites allows polygamy. That's the reason adultery was only enforced on women. Monogamy is a western culture.

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Caaz: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2023
They should be also give room for polyandrous marriages too.
Anfieldboss:

The african traditional marriage rites allows polygamy. That's the reason adultery was only enforced on women. Monogamy is a western culture.
I still insist....the gods were biased!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Curiouscity(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2023
Niceessien:
EKPO NKA AGWO"

Ekpo Nka Agwo The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women In Akwa Ibom state

Ekpo Nka Agwo regulate, check, expose, and punish infidelity among authentically married women, in order to maintain the sanctity of marriage among the Ibibio.

According to Ibibio and Annang mythology, in Akwa Ibom state and some parts of Cross River, if a married woman commit adultery and refuses to admit her infidelity for possible cleansing, she dies during childbirth or lose her children.

It been believe that their souls will be claimed by the deity.

In the other hand, if a man is aware of his wife's adulterous ways and fails to expose her, Ekpo Nka Agwo will in return claim his soul. So many lives have been lost as a result of this.

With the level of adultery going on in Akwa Ibom now, I doubt this deity abi spirit is still alive. Or has it/he/she been converted to another religion?

Sex with another man mean nothing to some married women these days.

On a more serious note, most of the deaths during childbirth had little or nothing to do with "ekpo nka agwo". They were cases where modern medical practices would have averted. My opinion though!

2 Likes

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Sparrk007(m): 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2023
Woman don't pay birth prize so her body is for her Man only..madam if you must cheat then cheat on the man you pay his birth prize cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Anfieldboss: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2023
Caaz:
They should be also give room for polyandrous marriages too.
I still insist....the gods were biased!

Maybe when women start paying groom prices and performing traditional marriage rites for men, polyandry might be allowed for them.
Even the West that y'all are copying hook line and sinker don't practice polyandry.
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2023
Niceessien:
EKPO NKA AGWO"
According to Ibibio and Annang mythology, in Akwa Ibom state and some parts of Cross River, if a married woman commit adultery and refuses to admit her infidelity for possible cleansing, she dies during childbirth or lose her children.It been believe that their souls will be claimed by the deity In the other hand, if a man is aware of his wife's adulterous ways and fails to expose her, Ekpo Nka Agwo will in return claim his soul. So many lives have been lost as a result of this.
No be some of the same nonsense wey dem use to convince women that twins were evil? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by femmoy(m): 2:16am On Sep 19, 2023
Carcholce:

Leave that nuisance to keep wailing. Sissy man.
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Kobojunkie: 2:23am On Sep 19, 2023
Carcholce:
■ They were not biased. It’s a method to keep their women in check. What about DNA test of today? Is it biased against women?
Manipulate their women into serving the whims of the males right. You are right that DNA(science) doesn't do that. But how many of you can afford DNA, to begin with? Your gods forgot to help you with that. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Sep 19, 2023
One community in delta has something like this, no woman from that town can cheat on their husbands..
Fables! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Carcholce: 2:40am On Sep 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Manipulate their women into serving the whims of the males right. You are right that DNA(science) doesn't do that. But how many of you can afford DNA, to begin with? Your gods forgot to help you with that. undecided

I don’t know the actual number of men that can afford DNA, but me and my friends can afford DNA tests for 100s of women.
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Sep 19, 2023
Carcholce:
■ I don’t know the actual number of men that can afford DNA, but me and my friends can afford DNA tests for 100s of women.
About 70% who live in poverty in Nigeria cannot say the same and they are the crowd all these cultural ideas mean to give power over women to. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Carcholce: 2:49am On Sep 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
About 70% who live in poverty in Nigeria cannot say the same and they are the crowd all these cultural ideas mean to give power over women to. undecided

Do you have a problem with men having power over women?
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Sep 19, 2023
Carcholce:
■ Do you have a problem with men having power over women?
Would you be OK with women having power of men in general then? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Carcholce: 3:08am On Sep 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Would you be OK with women having power of men in general then? undecided

If the world was created that way, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. I will gladly do anything and everything my woman tells me to do, I will obey her, I will be submissive, I will be very happy to be under her authority.

But sadly the world isn’t created that way. We have to ask God some questions. cry
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Acidosis(m): 3:10am On Sep 19, 2023
Lol
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Sep 19, 2023
Carcholce:
■ If the world was created that way, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. I will gladly do anything and everything my woman tells me to do, I will obey her, I will be submissive, I will be very happy to be under her authority.
■ But sadly the world isn’t created that way. We have to ask God some questions. cry
What in the world are you talking about? Which world was created how? undecided

2. You are not making any sense. Ask which God what questions? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Carcholce: 3:15am On Sep 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What in the world are you talking about? Which world was created how? undecided

2. You are not making any sense. Ask which God what questions? undecided

It’s funny Kobojunkie is accusing me of not making any sense when nothing ever makes sense to you on this platform. grin

Anyways, to make to clearer, I was saying that man was created by God to be superior to a woman. The arrangement on this plane is “Man 👉 Woman 👉 Children.

So if anyone born of a woman has a problem with men having superiority over women, please direct your anger and questions to God.

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Kobojunkie: 3:20am On Sep 19, 2023
Carcholce:
It’s funny Kobojunkie is accusing me of not making any sense when nothing ever makes sense to you on this platform. grin
■ Anyways, to make to clearer, I was saying that man was created by God to be superior to a woman. The arrangement on this plane is “Man 👉 Woman 👉 Children.
■ So if anyone born of a woman has a problem with men having superiority over women, please direct your anger and questions to God
1. Focus! undecided

2. There are over 40,000 deities out there. You should know that you should not go around imposing your ideas of your own deity on others.

3. This is the problem with you religious individuals. You don't know how to separate your own delusions from the space that belongs to others. grin

1 Like

Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Carcholce: 3:33am On Sep 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Focus! undecided

2. There are over 40,000 deities out there. You should know that you should not go around imposing your ideas of your own deity on others.

3. This is the problem with you religious individuals. You don't know how to separate your own delusions from the space that belongs to others. grin

Impose you say? But a woman has a choice to make. I mean the women facing these cultural imposition were very aware of what they were getting into. But guess what? They can’t stay being unmarried, hence they accepted it.

Regional Daniel, a very sweet and succulent young lady got married to her fathers age mate. She open heartedly accepted the cultural imposition from the man. She’s never to cheat on the man hence she’ll face the traditional consequences Like I said, She had a choice to make and She chose the gods way.

Kobojunkie, am I even making any sense to you or should I go and sleep? cry
Re: The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women by Kobojunkie: 4:10am On Sep 19, 2023
Carcholce:
Impose you say? But a woman has a choice to make. I mean the women facing these cultural imposition were very aware of what they were getting into. But guess what? They can’t stay being unmarried, hence they accepted it.
■ Regional Daniel, a very sweet and succulent young lady got married to her fathers age mate. She open heartedly accepted the cultural imposition from the man. She’s never to cheat on the man hence she’ll face the traditional consequences Like I said, She had a choice to make and She chose the gods way.
■ Kobojunkie, am I even making any sense to you or should I go and sleep? :
'(
I see you have switched narratives now. No longer are all women subject to men as you formerly claimed but you seem to be arguing now that it is rather those women who specifically choose to live as subjects to men, having prior knowledge of what it is they are getting themselves into, that in fact are. undecided

Well, individually women are free to chose for themselves the kind of relationships they would fudge with even men. As long as their rights as humans aren't violate by such relationships, I have nothing against that. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Looking For A Male Child? / Classic FM 97.3: Doctors On Air / Brothers & Sis I Need Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.