Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,954 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:40 AM

Jarus CountryHome - A Journal - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (34525 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by alanbolo(m): 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2011
Jarus:

,  K'olohun ma se wa ni baba eko oke-okun l'aasan. K'olohun je ka ko ere oko dele o.
Amin o.  Apemo la'npe temi-dire.   God is Able.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by DisGuy: 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2011
subscribing

Well done Jarus
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by jamace(m): 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
Congrats Jarus.

How far? Building completed? And what is the total expenses?
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
jamace: Congrats Jarus.

How far? Building completed? And what is the total expenses?
Nope. Set it aside for few months now. Close to 5m spent already. Plan to throw another 2-3m into it by November/December by God's grace and bring it to habitable stage. Then complete the finishing touches by next year by God's grace.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by true2home(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
nice work bro....God continues to empower you
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by ossyme(m): 11:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
Atammallahu bina a u

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by seanet01: 1:30am On Nov 11, 2012
Are people still using Contractors to build houses? Those jack of all trades can frustrate the hell out of your live. I thank God my mother is still alive and kicking, when i was building my house at Obantoko, Abeokuta. I entail the services of a building contractor. The guy milked me dry. Always asking when am going to send next payment without trying to send pictorial update on project to me. Sometimes he will complain about the increasing cost of cement.
I called my mother to complain. Men, this Iyalojas bad, my mother kicked his a.z.z out of the place and finished the project with less than 70% of what the dude gave on the bill of quantity. Building contractors are mostly hustlers

5 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
Threw another 3m into this thing December/January and the money sink like garri in water. Now, 7.6m spent to date. To think when I set out I budgeted 2.5 to 3m for the whole stuff.

Tiles and POP in progress. Tiles cost 400k, POP about 400k too

I had to change my initial contractor over a dispute.

The 3m was my last card. Looking like it will wait for another 3 months. But basically, everything has completed. I did a shop and gatehouse. I have abandoned the BQ for now.

3 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Geomac: 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
Jarus, well done! It is not easy.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Geomac: 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
Have you done the Electricals and the Plumbering works?
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
Sure, the electrical works have been done, before the platering. Plumbing works have also been done.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Side view

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by peaceland(m): 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
Oga Jarus,
happy new year.
please you are supposed to be encouraging us like bros Spyder o; not scaring us.
I was truly scared on reading the line about N3m and it being soaked like garri!!!!!
please don't scare others trying to do like you o.
I've similar and i know how it is but help us use encouraging words.
enjoy your day. pics of the pop/tiles would be appreciated
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
peaceland: Oga Jarus,
happy new year.
please you are supposed to be encouraging us like bros Spyder o; not scaring us.
I was truly scared on reading the line about N3m and it being soaked like garri!!!!!
please don't scare others trying to do like you o.
I've similar and i know how it is but help us use encouraging words.
enjoy your day. pics of the pop/tiles would be appreciated

I agree. If someone told me 7.6m (which I have spent to date) wont finish it, I may not have started in the first place.

I started, thinking 3m will do it. But here I am, 7.6m gone, and still not looking like it wont it 10m. But scope and taste changed from the original plan.

But just start, even with 500k. I started with 1m.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
More recent pics

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 7:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
other views

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 7:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
As can be seen from page 1, it's a long journey, but I give glory to almighty Allah.

Cost to date: around 8m.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
Congrats,i am impressed with the details of the gothic columns..the rectangular one at the centre and the semi-circular ones at the ends..The pseudo-interlocking claddings at the corners of the house look good but they should,ve been more careful in the craftmanship.

Someone asked to know the thickness of the aluminium sheets..Ignorance of things like that will make your builders cheat you..learn the use of callipers and always have it handy,it might be very useful..same applies to things like your windows..i mean the thickness of the glass,tempered glass or double glazing..it,ll save you money.

Pls make sure you put gutters around the edge of the roof,most builders ignore this very important feature,otherwise rain water will damage a lot of things on your nice house,unchecked dripping water down the sides of the house from the roof can cause you serious damp problem.it can soak the rendered,blocks and plastered walls and peel off your beautiful paints...dont ignore that,its very important

Congrats...

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't know jack about all those technical things. All I know is I'm building a house and sending money. All these thickness, weight, column etc, I hardly know.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
Oga Jarus, I think you've been fleeced big time!! From the pictures I'm looking, you should not have spent more than 6 million on that house. We've almost completed a 5 bedroom duplex in Akesan area in Lagos and we spent 3.4 from lintel level where it was originally to roofing inclusive of plastering, decking, plumbing, electric wiring, fencing, gate etc. However we bought cement and made our own blocks. What we did was we bought the materials ourselves, hired the labor ourselves and paid a foreman to oversee them. The foreman would tell us what we need, we would go to the market to buy them and store it in a locked shed and release materials as needed. If we include the cost of land, foundation, omo onile fees and building up to lintel level, our expenses to date is just over 9 million.

A caveat though, we did not use aluminium roofing. I forgot the name its called.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Not impossible, but doubt I have been significantly fleeced by as much as 2m.

Some things to note.

German floor is said to be used (and that alone cost up to 0.7m)

Aluminium roofing was 650k, plus 300 to do the carpentary, roofing alone comes to almost 1m

There is a BQ at the back, up to lintel level - it's a twin-semi detached mini flat. Almost as big as main building itself.

Of course, the costs of gate and fence, which have been done, are also inclusive. There is a shop and a gatehouse too (though still in progress, next is plastering them).
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by bethnals: 11:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
nice!
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
maninmood:

My broda, nice quote there. However, building a house is like bringing a baby up, you can never estimate the exact amount you are going to spend on it, but you can always guess almost right. My brother, you're doing something great and may God see you through. I will pat you on the back if you can successfully build a 3 bedroom flat with 2 self-contained bqs with 8mil. My brother, you have a great taste, abeg be looking at 13 million wink.

You are right.

I said it may total 8m in that 2011 post. It's now circa 8m, and still a miles away from totally finishing.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2013
This is good. Emi o yori e o amin.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by manie(m): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Jarus:
Atiada, ore. K'olohun ma se wa ni baba eko l'aasan. K'olohun je ka ko ere oko dele o.

O ma ko ere oko dele, oti nko dele faa.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by manie(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
kalokalo: Oga Jarus, I think you've been fleeced big time!! From the pictures I'm looking, you should not have spent more than 6 million on that house. We've almost completed a 5 bedroom duplex in Akesan area in Lagos and we spent 3.4 from lintel level where it was originally to roofing inclusive of plastering, decking, plumbing, electric wiring, fencing, gate etc. However we bought cement and made our own blocks. What we did was we bought the materials ourselves, hired the labor ourselves and paid a foreman to oversee them. The foreman would tell us what we need, we would go to the market to buy them and store it in a locked shed and release materials as needed. If we include the cost of land, foundation, omo onile fees and building up to lintel level, our expenses to date is just over 9 million.

A caveat though, we did not use aluminium roofing. I forgot the name its called.

The builder too must eat now,and Jarus does not have the luxury of time to research the cost of building materials. I personally buy my building materials, the only one I do not buy is the electrical materials and appliances. Getting skilled builders from Togo, Ghana and Benin republic can also reduce cost of building.

All the same congrats to Jarus, when will you start building your Lagos house?
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
manie:

The builder too must eat now,and Jarus does not have the luxury of time to research the cost of building materials. I personally buy my building materials, the only one I do not buy is the electrical materials and appliances. Getting skilled builders from Togo, Ghana and Benin republic can also reduce cost of building.

All the same congrats to Jarus, when will you start building your Lagos house?

On the cards insha Allah.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by manie(m): 5:53am On Jul 15, 2013
Jarus:

On the cards insha Allah.

I have a property on Ajah axis, the area is opposite Fara Park Estate. Fara Park is before Abijo, and the rental income from property on that axis is not bad.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2013
manie:

I have a property on Ajah axis, the area is opposite Fara Park Estate. Fara Park is before Abijo, and the rental income from property on that axis is not bad.

I know all those side, being an Ajah resident since 2006.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 10:46am On Oct 04, 2013
Main building delivered, set to be 'warmed' this sallah inshaa Allaah.

It's a long journey of over 3 years, 10m plus spent already, but I thank Allah for making it a success

House-warming holds on sallah eve by God's grace wink

3 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 11:04am On Oct 04, 2013
The Dining

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2013
More views

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Types Of Slab Is These? To The Civil Engineers And Builders In The Forum. / Thinking of buying or selling your vehicles and properties faster? / House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.