Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa (19693 Views)

Insecurity: Buhari Will Be Answerable To Allah – Bafarawa / We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by JuanDeDios: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
Racoon:

grin You see the foolish senseless idiots Nigeria have as so called learned people. Always wanting to turn the law or logic on the its head. They creates the law and turned around to destroyed same just to suit their whims and caprices.

They said Abuja is like any other state but they forgot the same constitution stated otherwise and declared that Abuja not a state is answerable to the NASS as it statutory regulatory law body. Is this sheer stupidity or self inflicted ignorance about what the laws says.
Lol
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by Marrelosvin: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
T
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by flokii: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2023
How will an Executive appointee be answerable to the National Assembly?.. Wike as Minister of FCT is directly under the Executive arm of government and must function in such capacity.

I see those not happy that a Southerner is FCT Minister pushing the Kingibe woman. The constitution is clearly spelt out.

1 Like

Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by IamANigerianMan: 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2023
Acekidc4:
Wetin Concern Wicked Wike with Senators, it's President Tinubu he is Working with not Senators. Senators should face their Work too as Wike too is facing the Work he was appointed for!!
Executive agbero continue nonsense, who makes law for FCT? Your executive agbero would know very soon that he is answerable to NA
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by toprealman: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2023
Falana is overrated. He is a slick game player.
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by bigtt76(f): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2023
Person wey hin party never fit discipline na NASS e go fear? 😂🤭

ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/wike-not-answerable-to-nassembly-falana-adegboruwa/
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by Jennieee4(f): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2023
Leave that man
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by BoldBrainz(m): 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2023
englishmart:
. Falana is a great lawyer, but this take is stuupid

You're very wrong.

We had this argument on another thread sometime ago. Some folks here claimed Wike was wrong to have said he works for Tinubu and therefore not liable to be mandated to state whether he was in the APC or PDP. I lucidly explained that the executive jurisdiction and administration of the FCT falls solely on the table of the President and he in turn, delegates responsibilities to the FCT minister as he sees fit.

Ireti Kingibe had absolutely no right admonishing Wike as regards his operations as a minister. He is not answerable to her. If there are any actions of his that feel uncomfortable, she has the ears of the President and can take complaints to him when she sees fit. Or alternatively, she can seek redress in the high court of the FCT. But she had no right confronting Wike. Not even the Senate President has that right to question Wike's actions, as prescribed by the constitution. He is the Quasi-Governor of the FCT, as assigned by the President.
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by Gajagojo: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You cannot approbate and reprobate at the same time.

If you say it does not make sense for Abuja residents to have special status because it would make them super citizens, does it make sense to make them inferior citizens if it will not be possible to ever be governors and state house of assembly members?

You are putting words I never said in my mouth
Where did I talk of citizens or super citizens

What is approbate and reprobate?
Can you communicate like a normal human being and spare me the bombast
who are you trying to impress with meaninglesss words

This is what you said that is of interest that I responded to

Who said that?
When and where
Racoon:

They said Abuja is like any other state.
Abuja is not like any other state rather it is to be treated like any other state for specific purposes otherwise it would be named a state.

A goalkeeper is similar to every footballer in most things but there is a difference

1 Like

Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by BadMaster: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2023
IamANigerianMan:

Executive agbero continue nonsense, who makes law for FCT? Your executive agbero would know very soon that he is answerable to NA
You don't know Wike. If that foolish woman doesn't behave herself, he will demolish one of her properties, and nothing will happen
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by Oscarchims: 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
If wike touch u, if nyesom wike touch you... That drama king
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by zionstaar75: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2023
mariahAngel:
Of course.
I mean, what else could be expected of a lawless country like Nigeria?
People in power can act and do however they please.
senseless comment
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by BeardGangJnr1(m): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You cannot approbate and reprobate at the same time.

If you say it does not make sense for Abuja residents to have special status because it would make them super citizens, does it make sense to make them inferior citizens if it will not be possible to ever be governors and state house of assembly members?
Name one country that has a governor in their capital...
U can't have president and governor in the same Capital.... At Best, u can have Mayor
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by ValarDoharis: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2023
Your goalkeeper analogy is flawed.

It is either it is treated as a state or not treated as a state. Anyone that is chosen will not be fair at this time unless the constitution is amended. Abuja is not a state but the federal capital territory so its special.

Use your dictionary if you don't know the meaning of some words, you're not here only to argue but to learn
Gajagojo:

You are putting words I never said in my mouth
Where did I talk of citizens or super citizens

What is approbate and reprobate?
Can you communicate like a normal human being and spare me the bombast
who are you trying to impress with meaninglesss words

This is what you said that is of interest that I responded to

Who said that?
When and where

Abuja is not like any other state rather it is to be treated like any other state for specific purposes otherwise it would be named a state.

A goalkeeper is similar to every footballer in most things but there is a difference
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by zionstaar75: 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2023
Tetrahedron:
So if the executive powers of FCT reside with the president how come he doesn’t need 25% vote of the same FCT to exercise that power!

Pept has failed and Atiku or Obi should tear their rubbish ruling with the Supreme Court.

I really suspect that drugnubu is not out of the woods yet!

If you are a miscreant-“do and dye”
you can't even spell die,it shows you have a low IQ. why should anyone take you seriously
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by Gajagojo: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Your goalkeeper analogy is flawed.

It is either it is treated as a state or not treated as a state. Anyone that is chosen will not be fair at this time unless the constitution is amended. Abuja is not a state but the federal capital territory so its special.

Use your dictionary if you don't know the meaning of some words, you're not here only to argue but to learn

I am talking about a fact/claim YOU intrduced

Who said Abuja is like any other state

Typical Obidient instead of dealing with the issues raised you start looking for irrelevance

Who said that when and where?
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2023
flokii:
How will an Executive appointee be answerable to the National Assembly?.. Wike as Minister of FCT is directly under the Executive arm of government and must function in such capacity.

I see those not happy that a Southerner is FCT Minister pushing the Kingibe woman. The constitution is clearly spelt out.

Why do Governors and Presidents send their budgets and appointees to the House of Assembly for approval?
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by naija4life247: 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Ireti Kingibe better go and get all her houses documents, because we are coming for her. If you want to be unfortunate in life, we will help you to reach the level of misfortune very quickly. I hope she will not be sleeping under Abuja bridges very soon, because if her houses documents are not complete, then we will pull it down.

Idiots and nincompoops do not know why we put a stubborn and strong headed one-man mopol as Abuja Minister. Una go weep blood
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by mariahAngel(f): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
zionstaar75:
senseless comment

I looked through your posts; not a single sensible post, so how do you expect anything to make sense to you, when you don't even have sense?
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by naija4life247: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/wike-not-answerable-to-nassembly-falana-adegboruwa/

Zombidients, can you see Section 299(a) of the Constitution referring to Abuja as if it is a state? All states are equal, so 25% Abuja votes cannot override other States' votes.
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by CaptainFM1: 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2023
Racoon:

grin You see the foolish senseless idiots Nigeria have as so called learned people. Always wanting to turn the law or logic on the its head. They creates the law and turned around to destroyed same just to suit their whims and caprices.

They said Abuja is like any other state but they forgot the same constitution stated otherwise and declared that Abuja not a state is answerable to the NASS as it statutory regulatory law body. Is this sheer stupidity or self inflicted ignorance about what the laws says.

If the President is the "governor" of FCT, then Wike is more like a commissioner! I don't care who agrees, the senator is perfectly correct in her stands.

You see this country called Nigeria, it is lawyers and judges that will eventually destroy it. ...the likes of Falana and co that are playing regional and sentimental politics with our constitution!
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by Codes151(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2023
jJC way no sabi any thing just come the drag person way single handedly bring down Pdp.
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by CaptainFM1: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2023
zionstaar75:
you can't even spell die,it shows you have a low IQ. why should anyone take you seriously

Did you not see the dye in quote? You are the one that have low IQ! He's been sensitive to use such a strong word you openly typed without having a chill in your skin! Don't you know some words are not good for public forum?
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by HeadlessMob: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Since FCT is like any other state, why not give them their governors and three senators?

How can someone who failed to score 25% determine their lives?

OBJ lost Ogun state in 1999 woefully yet he determine their lives as president

1 Like

Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by HeadlessMob: 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2023
CaptainFM1:

If the President is the "governor" of FCT, then Wike is more like a commissioner! I don't care who agrees, the senator is perfectly correct in her stands.

You see this country called Nigeria, it is lawyers and judges that will eventually destroy it. ...the likes of Falana and co that are playing regional and sentimental politics with our constitution!

Why obidients are the people that reason upside down?
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by ValarDoharis: 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2023
Did he get 25% of Ogun?

Is it that you don't know the difference btw getting 25% and winning or you're just trying to be mischievous?
HeadlessMob:

OBJ lost Ogun state in 1999 woefully yet he determine their lives as president
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by CaptainFM1: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2023
This Senator Kingibe is a very smart senator. She's actively testing the Tribunal ruling regarding FCT status.

Falana and his regional and sentimental lawyers are trying to be slick and cheeky with the laws. They're twisting it to suit their whims are caprices.

Somehow, I think lawyers and judges are the ones that will eventually destroy this country called Nigeria.
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by Babathanks(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2023
wunmi590:

This our Nigerian constitution as amended self get as e be for this Abuja issue...

They should just let Abuja be a state, so that all the issue of Abuja this and that will die down...
I live in abuja. Gbagyi is not even up to Akokos in Ondo state. Talkless of only ibadan ooo. Is non indegene that dominate here. I don't think that state can work because they are not even up to 2 to 3 local govt
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by Alliswell248: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2023
Tetrahedron:
So if the executive powers of FCT reside with the president how come he doesn’t need 25% vote of the same FCT to exercise that power!

Pept has failed and Atiku or Obi should tear their rubbish ruling with the Supreme Court.

I really suspect that drugnubu is not out of the woods yet!

If you are a miscreant-“do and dye”

Take it easy on yourself bro.....
Nigeria is in good hand....Baba God is in control.
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by Alliswell248: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2023
CaptainFM1:

At least pretend that you are a learned fellow.
Senior and highly respected SAN's done finish the talk.
Re: Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa by IfnobeGod20: 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2023
I am not a lawyer but I think the interpretation of the learned silk is skewed. As a minister of FCT, yes, he is acting on delegated authority, no doubt about that but the constitution is clear how FCT will be administered as obtained in the state by the same section the learned silk quoted. Let me reproduce it here without reading it with bias mind:
“Section 299(a) of the constitution provides: The provisions of this constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the states of the Federation; and accordingly

“(a) all the legislative powers, the executive powers and the judicial powers vested in the House of Assembly, the governor of a state and in the courts of a state shall, respectively, vest in the National Assembly, the President of the Federation and in the courts which by virtue of the foregoing provisions are courts established for the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.”

By this above, it means that there are some duties or functions that the minister wish to perform that he must take recourse to the national assembly as stated by this section through the permission of the president that appointed him as been done at the state level. There are things that the government want to do but must consult the House of Assembly before doing them. In the same vein, it is expected that Mr. President through his FCT minister must consult the National Assembly in some matters that require their input as always done at the state level.
Meanwhile, I don't think the woman ever said, FCT minister must consult the National Assembly in all matters but only said he must take recourse to the National Assembly as he cannot act alone. Just as the governor cannot act alone in many matters that concern the state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial / Former First Ladies Spent £32,000 As Landing Fees – Aisha Buhari / David Okon Donates 5 Storey-Building To Tinubu Support Groups In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.