Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun (4371 Views)

Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja / Kafayat Oyetola Laments Surge In Street Hawking, Abortion By Teenagers / UN: In Nigeria More Than 13 Million School-age Children Out Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by TajuDEENaMao: 12:32am On Sep 21, 2023
By Adetutu Sobowale

The Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has vowed to end hawking by school-age children in the state.

Adeleke made this known while receiving the report of the recently held three-day education summit from the organising committee.

Also, a report published in the bulletin of state Ministry of Information and Public Enlightenment on Wednesday, stated that Adeleke “decried the rate at which children of school age are used for street hawking, promising to put a stop to it.

Lamenting the poor state of education in Osun, the governor, who noted many sectors in the state needed urgent intervention, said his administration supported the summit for experts to discuss the issues and come up with solutions to the challenges facing the education sector.

He, however, promised to study the report and implement the recommendations therein to resuscitate the education sector from its current poor state.

Expressing happiness over the success of the summit, Adeleke commended the organisers for their sacrifices and selfless service in ensuring a successful event.

“He equally noted that his administration will revamp every sector like health and tourism, among others in Osun.”

While presenting the summit report to the governor, the organising committee chairman, Prof. Oyesoji Aremu, said Osun people showed interest in the summit.

Aremu added that the committee received 92 memorandums, 2,149 responses, with 52 discussants that attended the summit contributing to the success recorded at the programme.

https://punchng.com/adeleke-vows-to-end-school-age-street-hawking-in-osun/?amp

1 Share

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by BrodaBenad: 1:33am On Sep 21, 2023
Something obi did more than 12 years ago grin

They're just catching up cheesy

Awo will be very happy with them wherever he is grin

They're gradually turning to alamajiris of the south wink

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by southsouthking(m): 4:56am On Sep 21, 2023
NotProphet:

God punish anyone from South West
A very useless region 😁

Seun some igbos and yorubas are constituting Nuuuuuisssance on this beautiful Forum, please do something about it.

4 Likes

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by cjudy(m): 7:42am On Sep 21, 2023
Akiko. Be like you wan increase skull mining in Osun

6 Likes

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by nimone: 7:43am On Sep 21, 2023
Adeleke be deceiving himself

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by Curious345: 7:43am On Sep 21, 2023
Good one .. I pray this succeeds. Every child deserves to be protected by the state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by Bakolori: 7:45am On Sep 21, 2023
That would be better
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by SpatialKing(m): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2023
Long overdue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by Raskimonojendor: 7:46am On Sep 21, 2023
Good job Mr. Governor.
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by shiki(m): 7:48am On Sep 21, 2023
cheesy The dancing Governor you are capable of doing it for the state
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:48am On Sep 21, 2023
ilú mi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by LillyandDaisy: 7:48am On Sep 21, 2023
nimone:
Adeleke be deceiving himself
How?
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by nimone: 7:48am On Sep 21, 2023
LillyandDaisy:

How?
Why is he vowing?
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by kilonshele101(m): 7:51am On Sep 21, 2023
South west governors always in the news for something.
Sad yeast no get governor ??
cheesy
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by LillyandDaisy: 7:52am On Sep 21, 2023
nimone:

Why is he vowing?
Let him try his best
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by abdeefggh: 7:54am On Sep 21, 2023
BrodaBenad:
Something obi did more than 12 years ago grin

They're just catching up cheesy
Thousands, if not millions of teenagers are used for baby factory in Anambra as we speak.

That is obi's achievement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by Judolisco(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2023
Sometimes I wonder if we are sane in dis country... U all go abroad and u won't see kids roaming around during sch hours.... Over here in my country you'll see kids selling fuel in d federal Capital Territory and people who work in ministry of education will park to patronise them....

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by nimone: 7:56am On Sep 21, 2023
LillyandDaisy:

Let him try his best
As the governor of his state, he has enough power to mandate all underage to not hawk and if they do they'll face the law with their parents
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by LillyandDaisy: 7:59am On Sep 21, 2023
nimone:

As the governor of his state, he has enough power to mandate all underage to not hawk and if they do they'll face the law with their parents
Exactly what he’s trying to do!
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by nimone: 8:00am On Sep 21, 2023
LillyandDaisy:

Exactly what he’s trying to do!
Let's hope he does it
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by LillyandDaisy: 8:02am On Sep 21, 2023
nimone:

Let's hope he does it
He will surely do, read the content they just gave him the report. Everything have been in place before Aregbe regime unifying all schools uniform
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by BoldBrainz(m): 8:09am On Sep 21, 2023
One South West governor I greatly admire. I sincerely pray his spends his administration giving proper stewardship to the people of Osun State. He's done well so far, and needs to do better in the days to come.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by BrickDevo: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2023
All this politicians are the same thing

Not only underages are hawking, many adults who can't afford to own a shop, what alternative is he going to provide for them.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by Zupay: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2023
When these kids are denied basic education, they tend to become nuisance in adulthood.
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by Quitam: 8:20am On Sep 21, 2023
I don't support banning "school-age hawking". Both education and hawking can be juggled, the former taking the precedence. Many people who grew up in impoverished neighborhoods will ascertain how hawking for their mums helped their families make ends meet. A kid strolls out early in the morning to hawk bread/akara etc . In 1 hour, he'll have got what will be used to prepare for the day's lunch. This is our reality. We shouldn't force the ideals of developed nations on our communities that are infested with poverty, due to decades neglect by leaders. Hawking is one of the best form of entrepreneurial skills one can gain. Ask many billionaires (especially non-corporate), they will tell you they started as hawkers. So please, let's us not deride hawking until when our economy is fluid enough to afford all citizens wit their basic needs .

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by nautybride: 8:23am On Sep 21, 2023
grin
Poverty in the land. It has only exposed those children to social vices.
Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by chuose2: 8:24am On Sep 21, 2023
Let them not leave Hawking for skull mining o

E no dey hard agbadoians & it's skulls harvesting again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by emmanuelbrown26: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2023
This is d only Yoruba governor I'm keeping my eyes on
In d east, Oti is d only igbo governor I'm keeping my eyes on
While in d north Zulum Is d only northern governor I'm keeping my eyes on
D rate of out of school children in Yoruba is alarming. Kids hv taken up tout and agbero as an occupation.
I was asking my kid question one day, what he would like to become, d next thing that came out of d boy's mouth was shocking. "I will like to be a conductor"
Yoruba hv really lost it, they hv taken over from our northern brothers in begging and otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Vows To End School-Age Street Hawking In Osun by wittywriter: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2023
Political promise...Action they say speaks loudour than voice.

Wittyness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders / Was Awo Guilty Of War Crimes? / Gov. Peter Obi Doing Bowling In One Of His World Class Roads (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.