Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu (31706 Views)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by yewit37486: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2023
Some people just like to criticize, criticize, criticize. Anyone who is unhappy with the decision has the right to vote with his/her feet.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2023
VBCampaign:

Opinions are like noses. Everyone has one.

Very true, like Deji Yesufu too. It's merely an opinion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by ItisWell22(f): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
populacefemz:
A son should always succeed the dad. Always. smiley

When and if he’s interested, and has been conversant with the nitty-gritties prerequisite for such business or organization.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by aylipple: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2023
I read this write up from beginning to end & I couldn't make any sense of what the author was trying to say aside rigmaroling, turning in circles & then landing somewhere I don't know.

Anyways, God is the one true & faithful Judge & only He - on the last day - will judge us all according to our works.

4 Likes

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But according to OP's story, Spurgeon wanted his son to succeed him, so he did in fact acknowledge the business was to be kept in the family. So, what point is OP trying to make here by suggesting it should be considered a family business? The church could have turned it several times larger than it eventually did if Spurgeon's son had taken the reigns from his family. grin
Talk about trying to squeeze water out of stone.... e no dey work. grin

The author does not query sons succeeding fathers. The author thinks it right and wholesome - all things being equal. The author thinks that the self promoting spirit of Pentecostal churches however leads almost inevitably to churches running as family businesses. Truth is that if these churches were sacrificial and serving humanity, it will not be the business that most of them have become, that warrant family members succeeding themselves.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Very true, like Deji Yesufu too. It's merely an opinion.

Yes. But opinion pass opinion. Some make it to front page of Nairaland.com.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by popcykaylah(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2023
populacefemz:
A son should always succeed the dad. Always. smiley
So church na business

1 Like

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by BadEnglish(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2023
@op, are in anyway related to Aisha Yesufu?
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
VBCampaign:
■ The author does not query sons succeeding fathers. The author thinks it right and wholesome - all things being equal. The author thinks that the self promoting spirit of Pentecostal churches however leads almost inevitably to churches running as family businesses. Truth is that if these churches were sacrificial and serving humanity, it will not be the business that most of them have become, that warrant family members succeeding themselves.
More storyland from the author! Look, church business is business and the Pentecostal business movement is no different. undecided
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
VBCampaign:

Yes. But opinion pass opinion. Some make it to front page of Nairaland.com.

While some make it to front page of Times Magazine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2023
popcykaylah:
So church na business
That is exactly what it has always been particularly since emperor Constantine made it officially so and it hasn't changed to this day. undecided
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by oyeb15: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2023
Adeboye is warming up his children too. Church is a serious business in Africa. They deceive d gullible.

2 Likes

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by crystalmoon(m): 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
More storyland from the author! Look, business is business and the pentecostal movement is no different. undecided
I need your help
I spoke to an individual yesterday am sure he is in need of mental help
I will mention you on a thread
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
crystalmoon:
I need your help. I spoke to an individual yesterday am sure he is in need of mental help. I will mention you on a thread
Why not direct him/her to a professional mental health therapist close by. undecided

1 Like

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by BigIyanga: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2023
Writer should have started his own biz

1 Like

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by crystalmoon(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why not direct him/her to a professional mental health therapist close by. undecided
actually he was went to Aro but after a while he was discharged
He wasn't taking his drugs
From what I can deduce he suffer from a personality disorder
He believes he is the biblical elijah

1 Like

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by mastermaestro(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
oyeb15:
Adeboye is warming up his children too. Church is a serious business in Africa. They deceive d gullible.

Use your brain nau. Adeboye's children cannot succeed him. RCCG has a succession template, and nowhere is familial tie a criterion.

3 Likes

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
crystalmoon:
■ actually he was went to Aro but after a while he was discharged. He wasn't taking his drugs . From what I can deduce he suffer from a personality disorder
He believes he is the biblical elijah
Excuse me make I laugh small. undecided

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Thomasankara(m): 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
[/color]since they collect tithe just like the Sadducees and Pharisees, it must continue in the order of the Levites,it cannot be broken, they are practising Judaism, not really Christianity[color=#770077]

1 Like

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Thomasankara(m): 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2023
[/color]or better still go to court[color=#770077]
Kobicove:
His son has succeeded him, anyone who is not happy with it should go and open his own church, period! undecided
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Truefaith: 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2023
This is very much in line with the current discussions going on on The True Christian Faith youtube channel.

It is a BUSINESS.

They are only using God's name to deceive people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw71zPjZPPk
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2023
Thomasankara:
[/color]since they collect tithe just like the Sadducees and Pharisees, it must continue in the order of the Levites,it cannot be broken, they are practising Judaism, not really Christianity[color=#770077]
Order of which levites? Una go just dey open mouth yakata dey spew crap. Which of your many mogs, GOs, Popes, GBs, Bishops, etc., has the blood of Levi, Jacob's son, flowing through their veins? undecided

1 Like

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Myer(m): 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2023
Righthussle:

Which one is pulpit ministry? It's pulpit business.

Not all ministers are called to the Pulpit.
Pulpit ministry can be likened to Bishops or Pastors that head a church.
Some are missionaries that are sent to the field.
Most people run from field work which is where the real soul-winning and power is. Because it is exposed to spiritual attacks and confrontations and also not about money but preaching the gospel to establish God's kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Alliswell248: 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
Righthussle:

Which one is pulpit ministry? It's pulpit business.

At least they are not accountable to you.
They are not stopping you from starting yours.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
Alliswell248:
■ At least they are not accountable to you. They are not stopping you from starting yours.
Indeed! This is why on every corner you turn in Nigeria, there are at least 2 or 3 church businesses but you can easily count on just your hands alone the number of factories, manufacturing plants, etc., in that entire town. Continue encouraging people to set up their own church noise businesses! undecided

1 Like

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by BJanta: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
VBCampaign:

Spurgeon lived a short but very eventful life. There are many biographies still on him.

He died at the age of 57 years.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by crystalmoon(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Excuse me make I laugh small. undecided
To be frank
The guy in question believes he is the king of a coming earthly kingdom
He believes he is possessed by the holy spirit
His family tried he has been taken to various psychiatric hospitals
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Wizuman: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
The young man committed errors especially with d tattoos
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
crystalmoon:
To be frank , The guy in question believes he is the king of a coming earthly kingdom. He believes he is possessed by the holy spirit. His family tried he has been taken to various psychiatric hospitals
Well, so long as he refuses to take his meds, there is nothing anyone can do for him really. I would suggest his family focus on understanding the problems he may be having with the meds and see if they can get his doctors to work with him on that first. undecided
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by Basicend: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
No single man that has laboured to grow a church to a level where tithes/offerings run into millions of Naira, will just hand over the church to an outsider. He will always prefer his family member.

That's the reality.

Truth in real terms is that it is not his church.

But, what do I even know self. .

Reinhard Bonke had a more prosperous church. . Why did he give the seat to his son?

But in this case, the man could not even hand over anything before he left. . So it is somehow. . really.
Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by OneCandleAway(f): 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
mastermaestro:

Use your brain nau. Adeboye's children cannot succeed him. RCCG has a succession template, and nowhere is familial tie a criterion.

Relax. The person you quoted probably isn't aware it was another man that founded RCCG and named Adeboye his successor. Therefore Adeboye cannot name his children successor because nor bi him papa start RCCG

1 Like

Re: When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu by crystalmoon(m): 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, so long as he refuses to take his meds, there is nothing anyone can do for him really. I would suggest his family focus on understanding the problems he may be having with the meds and see if they can get his doctors to work with him on that first. undecided
there are some details about him that I don't want to share online

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

19 Year-old Coco Gauff Goes Down On Her Knees In Prayer After US Open Win(Photo) / Ghanaian Pastor Flaunts Cash He Received As Offering After Church Service / 114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.