Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others (19546 Views)

Edo Police Arrest, Detain 4 Officers For Killing Vigilante Member (Photo) / Meet Kenechukwu Okeke Who Sued Aisha Yesufu, Falz, Others Over EndSARS Protest / Police Arrest & Detain Ademola Adeleke Over "Certificate Forgery" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Islie: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued Inspector-General, Others For Breaching Her Fundamental Rights

The Nigeria Police Force on Saturday confirmed that its operatives have arrested and detained a Nigerian woman, Peace Ekom Robert, saying she is wanted for fraudulent activities.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, stated this in a release, adding that the woman would be charged to court at the end of police investigations.

SaharaReporters had on Friday reported that operatives of the Nigerian Police stormed her residence, and had been harassing her relatives and close friends and had stationed at strategic spots surrounding her house.

She had said, They have been calling my family members since this morning. They are harassing my friends and the people that I am close to. They surround everywhere. They want to pick me up. And this is because they want to silence me.”

SaharaReporters reported on August 19, 2023 that Robert sued the Acting Inspector General of the Nigeria Police Force, IGP Kayode Egbetokun, the Police Service Commission, three police officers, and one Ifenyinwa Anthonia Olua (Ugo) to the Akwa Ibom State High Court in Uyo.

Ekom is seeking N520 million in damages for the alleged violation of her fundamental and constitutional rights.

Ekom had also alleged that the Commissioner of Police, Admin Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) Abuja, CP Ibrahim Baba Zango, has been making attempts on her life, sending police personnel to kidnap and kill her despite the pendency of court action against him and police authorities.

Ekom categorically stated that she at no time revolted against the officers of the NPF over the proper conduct of investigation on this offshore transaction that was initiated by Ifeyinwa Anthonia Olua and her partners.

Meanwhile in the release on Saturday, Adejobi, the police spokesperson said, “The Nigeria Police Force wish to provide clarity on the ongoing investigation involving Ms. Peace Ekom Robert, who is suspected of engaging in serial fraudulent activities, which have affected numerous individuals, including the petitioner.

Despite multiple requests for her cooperation and the presence of substantial evidentiary material, Ms. Robert consistently declined to engage with the Police, and was subsequently declared a person of interest.

“It is essential to correct any misconceptions regarding allegations of police misconduct. The assertion that the police surrounded and threatened Ms. Robert's life is categorically false. Police Operatives acted upon credible intelligence on her whereabouts received from a concerned member of the public, enabling them to locate and apprehend Ms. Robert.

“At present, Ms. Robert is in custody, and the investigative process will continue with the utmost diligence and impartiality. Ms. Robert will be given the opportunity to present her perspective during the course of this investigation, ensuring a fair and comprehensive assessment of her involvement or lack thereof in the alleged fraudulent activities. Meanwhile, we urge members of the public who have been defrauded or have any pending case with the suspect to show up and relate with the police operatives investigating her alleged serial fraud, impersonation, and cyberstalking cases, at the Police Special Fraud Unit, Force Criminal Investigation Department, Force Headquarters, Abuja, for diligent disposition of the case accordingly.

“Upon conclusion of Police investigations into more available credible evidence, Ms Peace will be charged to court.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/09/23/nigerian-police-arrest-detain-woman-who-sued-inspector-general-others-breaching-her

1 Share

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Malroux: 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
So because she sued the IG they now want to 'deal' with her.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by TemplarLandry: 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
cool

2 Likes

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Malroux: 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
I have a job for you ok. Check my signature.

20 Likes

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by slivertongue: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
police is not ur friend

16 Likes

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Evolutionism: 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
I'm coming to process her bail.

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Brendaniel: 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
After reading the whole story, I don't even know who to believe, A woman is using the police to drag another woman to court, the woman is now dragging the entire police and the other woman to court with allegations and counter allegations...

The Problem:
1. Some women have 1st class degree in lies

2. Nigeria police force sometimes lie better than the former.

The story looks like a liar using a liar to fight another liar and the liar is returning the favour back, the story just smells of deal gone wrong between 2 women who have planned to deal with each other using the police and the judiciary, looks like a case of connection fighting connection....

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by lovinguszz: 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
See play.
So they cannot be sued abi wetin? angry

3 Likes

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by nairalanda1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
Malroux:

In this case, I advice that we wait and see what is going on.

The Police have said that she is being investigated for serial fraudulent activites. On the basis of petitions that are there. At the risk of sounding like a police lackey, the fact is, if she has been engaging in illicit acitivies, then the Police have every right to look at her.

She also is not the only one that has sued police. Others sue police, and nothing happens. Also, she does not appear to be involved in politics, or is she a human rights activist, otherwise my suspicion would be heightened

So for now make we dey wait. For all we know, this could be a criminal pulling wool over our eyes, or a genuine case of police brutality. And God knows our police force is a big time rights abuser, and get room for improvement,(see ENDSARS), but at the same time, criminals should not take us for a ride either.

Modifed

Looks like the cops have been looking for her for a long time. She has been wanted since at least July...alongside someone else who was cleared.

There is more to this case than police persecution.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Judolisco(m): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
Dis one Don buy market.... My own be say if uno get money for dis country no go find trouble

5 Likes

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Ybholy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
You should prepare your evidence in court 😳
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by silento(m): 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
Omor
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Sirseedorf(m): 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin

The powpow go show am shege, after all their are our friend.
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by AntiChristian: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
Till I die I will never be arrested or detained by any forces on earth!

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by iwaeda: 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Islie:
Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued Inspector-General, Others For Breaching Her Fundamental Rights

https://saharareporters.com/2023/09/23/nigerian-police-arrest-detain-woman-who-sued-inspector-general-others-breaching-her

Rule of Law indeed. grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by saphiere(f): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Intimation of women in this country should stop

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by yahoodetector: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hmmmm.

It's very hard to know who isn't fault here between her and Nigerian Police because NIGERIAN WOMEN AND NIGERIAN POLICE LIE ALOT! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by eedimo(m): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
What a time to be a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by markidoo(m): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
See my friend oo
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Houseontherock1: 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
This is Nigeria and sadly, the law that is supposed to protect the people is now used to harass and intimidate the people undecided

2 Likes

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Chibuzoripob: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
sad
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by stuffs2002: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Malroux:

If only you could read

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Chibuzoripob: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
sad sad sad
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by concho(m): 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
I will sue the Police commissioner in Anambra state alongside Sterling bank by Next week. Sterling bank used the Police to abduct my brother over a civic matter and kept him for 96 hours.

They can intimidate us to any extent they want, we would get justice at the end

These people would be more careful with civilians if we (Civilians) starts challenging there procceses

6 Likes

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Longpriq: 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
With friends like the popo who needs an enemy

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Coldie(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
When we said Tinubu wasn't coming to change Nigeria they called us ipob.

Tinubu is part of the system that brought Nigeria to its knees, Tinubu is a beneficiary of corruption, if he fights it his entire structure will collapse as somebody like Tinubu wont be where he is in a country where merit is the order of the day.

Same Nigerian style where they glorify criminals he is practicing it, people like mc oluomo and Asari dokubo have access to the presidential villa.

Same Nigerian anyhow system whereby criminals kill security men and instead of fishing them out they look for unarmed innocent people and burn down their properties in the name of revenge.

Same Nigerian system where you would expose a crime and u and your entire family would be arrested for it.

Same Nigerian system where once a president wins election he starts appointing majorly his kinsmen into power.

Same Nigerian system where the president and his appointees lie in national TV then retract the statement after 2days.

Same Nigerian system where a president has ministers that are supposed to work, but instead of the president to face his country and allow his ministers to work the president is fooling himself thinking he is fooling us saying they are traveling all over the world looking for investments.

The list goes on.

Before u know it 8years will pass and they will tell u, they did their best and say u don't expect them to fix something that has been spoilt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by wwwkaycom(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hello
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by DaddyJapan(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Malroux:

I think it is the other way round.
She sued the IG before presenting herself for questioning.

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Blitzerz: 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Apc is building a military regime

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister / Condition Before We(niger Deltans) Support Biafra / Pump Price Fraud: We Are Not Involved - Capital Oil And Gas Industries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.