Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria (2297 Views)

Breaking : Dollar Is Rising Again - See Reason / Tinubu is a genius:Breaking Dollar Below 1k / Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Curious346: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
A high exchange rate for the naira (meaning a weaker domestic currency relative to the US dollar) can have several negative implications for an import-dependent economy like Nigeria :

Higher Import Costs: A weaker domestic currency means that it takes more of the domestic currency to purchase one US dollar. This leads to higher costs for importing goods and services priced in dollars, making imports more expensive. Import-dependent economies rely on foreign goods, so this can result in increased prices for imported products, which can lead to inflation.

Inflation: The increase in import costs can contribute to inflation in the economy, as businesses may pass on the higher import costs to consumers in the form of higher prices for goods and services. This can erode purchasing power and reduce the standard of living for consumers.

Trade Imbalances: A high exchange rate to the dollar can worsen a country's trade balance. When imports become more expensive, it can reduce the demand for foreign goods, but it may not necessarily lead to a corresponding increase in exports. This can result in a trade deficit, where a country is importing more than it is exporting.

Reduced Competitiveness: Domestic industries may find it challenging to compete internationally when the exchange rate is high. Their products become more expensive for foreign consumers, potentially reducing exports. This can negatively affect industries that rely on international markets.

External Debt Burden: If the country has significant external debt denominated in foreign currencies, a high exchange rate can increase the cost of servicing that debt. It makes it more expensive to repay loans and interest in foreign currency terms, potentially straining government finances.

Capital Flight: Investors may be less inclined to invest in an economy with a weakening currency, fearing that their investments will lose value. This can lead to capital flight, which can destabilize financial markets and reduce foreign investment.

Uncertainty: A highly volatile exchange rate can create uncertainty for businesses and investors, making it difficult to plan for the future. This can deter foreign direct investment and hinder economic growth.

To mitigate these negative implications, governments of import-dependent economies like Nigeria may implement policies such as currency interventions, monetary policy adjustments, or trade policies to stabilize the exchange rate and address the challenges posed by a high exchange rate to the dollar.
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Uyomiya: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
On ya mandate

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
New rate will favour me and my family

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by ufuosman(m): 2:12pm On Sep 24, 2023
Country dey choke daily

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by PrinceOfLagos: 2:12pm On Sep 24, 2023
Don't vote for a clueless drug baron, una no hear word

Let me see if the Tinubu useless and foolish supporters that deceived you to vote him will be around to help you overcome this hard times

Una go hear word

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2023
lipsrsealed

And we never even reach October not to talk of December shocked

How December go detty? shocked

How we want take do detty December?

Abeg o,make Una no let 1 dollar reach ₦2000 and federal government please stop borrowing more money.by the way we're still waiting for the financial benefits of the removal of fuel subsidy lipsrsealed shocked

Hampers sellers as December dey approach and we wan enjoy family time please sell Una market with the fear of God.olorun awa pelu Yin lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2023
shocked
PrinceOfLagos:

Let me see if the Tinubu useless and foolish supporters that deceived you to vote him will be around to help you overcome this hard times

Una go hear word
gbenu oshi lo ko gbenudake.even if it was Broda Obi sitting in aso rock,the same thing will have happened so get over this bitterness and resentment.it will neither help you or anybody Ko gedifok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by ojobek: 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tinubu,SW is a Doom.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Jackson619007: 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Look at☹️
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by MXrep: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
SAMBARRY:
:ogbenu oshi lo ko gbenudake.even if it was Broda Obi sitting in aso rock,the same thing will have happened so get over this bitterness and resentment.it will neither help you or anybody Ko gedifok
Ronu terrorists

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2023
1 dollar to ₦5000 loading

10 Likes

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Hoelujohn: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
God go shame you, it won't exceed 3k per dollar

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by RepoMan007: 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2023
I hope this isn't true. Tomorrow isn't that far again.
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
Meanwhile, in 2014;

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by mycar: 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hoelujohn:

grin grin grin
F9 and Fail, what's the difference?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Creamypie(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
Gas is now 1000#
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
The current minimum wage in Iran, Islamic Republic of is IRR6,425,496 per month in 2023.

The Iranian rial is the weakest currency in the world, with 1 rial buying just 0.000024 US dollars (or, put another way, $1 equals 42,273 Iranian rials).

Therefore Iran minimum wage in dollars is US$152

Nigeria min wage is just under $35!

9 Likes

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:15pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hoelujohn:

You know our leaders are fond of comparing Nigeria with countries that are performing badly

Therefore I won't be surprised if it reaches 10k per dollar, if they find out that there is a country whose weak currency exchanges for 15000 to a dollar.

I am just being conservative with the 5k figure

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
Ebola Bulaba have achieved his record breaking feat

6 Likes

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2023
SAMBARRY:
:ogbenu oshi lo ko gbenudake.even if it was Broda Obi sitting in aso rock,the same thing will have happened so get over this bitterness and resentment.it will neither help you or anybody Ko gedifok

Dey console yourself. U de whine Mohammed

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Kukutente23: 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
The current minimum wage in Iran, Islamic Republic of is IRR6,425,496 per month in 2023.

The Iranian rial is the weakest currency in the world, with 1 rial buying just 0.000024 US dollars (or, put another way, $1 equals 42,273 Iranian rials).

Therefore Iran minimum wage in dollars is US$152

Ours is $35
If i slap you
Where did you see $35
Nor make me vex for you o
Carry your calculator and try again
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by ConfidentialDoc: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Una go hear word

Ok many did not vote for that.
But who are they supposed to vote instead ?
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kukutente23:

If i slap you
Where did you see $35
If you slap me, I go nod you back (headbutt)
N30,000/1000 = $30 black market rate

Lol 🤣🤣😂

Nigerians are in very deep trouble

Do u think it is lower or higher?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by ExudeLoveToAll: 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kukutente23:

If i slap you
Where did you see $35
At 1000naira , it's just 30$. Wahala for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by ItisWell22(f): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2023
😢
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2023
MXrep:

Ronu terrorists
orire Kope.obigoat cool
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Dey console yourself. U de whine Mohammed
baba re cool
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
SAMBARRY:
baba re cool

Make dem no mistake your moniker for SAMLARRY
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by udede(m): 6:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
Thank you Yahweh because i earn in dollars.
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Dubetex96(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2023
SAGACIOUS jagaban on the beat

On this mandate we shall stand

No retreat no surrender

it is my pleasure to welcome all into this renewed irredeemable shege.
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by Dubetex96(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
Skyview01:
New rate will favour me and my family

U shall receive it in ijn miracle no dey tire Jesus broda
Re: Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria by DrGoodman: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Stop wishing evil on Nigeria, dollar can only reach #4,800

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Make Money With Facebook And Adword / 2 Business Partners Needed [finance] For A Sure Stable Profit / Shame On GTB! Big Shame On Them!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.