Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. (30867 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Resumes At Federal High Court, Abuja (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu's Younger Brother, Emmanuel At Federal High Court Abuja (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Sowore Arrested At High Court, Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Chinjo2: 9:00am On Sep 25, 2023
Fire Outbreak At Supreme Court

There is currently a fire outbreak at the Supreme Court in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The cause of the inferno was unknown as of the time of filing this report, but a source at the Federal Fire Service said firefighters were at the scene.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-fire-outbreak-at-supreme-court/

There was pandemonium at the Supreme Court this morning owing to a mysterious fire that forced a 7-man panel of Justices headed by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Dahiru Musdapher, to scamper for safety.

The apex court was on the verge of concluding hearing on a suit involving First Bank of Nigeria, when a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Chief Amechi Nwaiwu, SAN, spotted the uncanny fire that was gradually engulfing the left wing of the court.

The development occasioned palpable panic in the court room which was full to capacity with over fifteen SANs in attendance due to some political matters slated for hearing today.

On sensing that the fire was becoming menacing, the CJN ordered a stand down of the case, as the seven justices hurriedly retired to their chambers, with SANs and other court users scampering for safety through the double exit points in the court.

It took the effort of lawyers and court officials to curtail the situation, though its remote cause has remained a mystery.

Blaming it on the electrical wiring system in the court, a clerk who spoke to Vanguard decried that occasional spark of flames during proceeding has been a recurring decimals at the apex court since last year.

The court abruptly rose around 11:55 am due to the ugly incident and reconvened around 12:20 pm.

Those in court included Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN, the national President of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Chief J.B Daudu, SAN, Dr Alex Iziyon, SAN, Chief Lateef Fagbemi, SAN, Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN, Yusuf Ali, SAN, among others.

Source: Nigeria Vanguard

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Dpen11(f): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2023
🙆there is fire on the mountain

For your school assignment, check my signature and contact me

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2023
Next!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Zupay: 9:05am On Sep 25, 2023
Old news.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by talented321: 9:19am On Sep 25, 2023
Stop misleading the public.
Zupay:
Old news.

65 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by talented321: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2023
Those aggressive citizens has taken their game to another level...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2023
Tinubu on the beat.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Racoon(m): 9:23am On Sep 25, 2023
shocked The temple of justice also on fire?

20 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by EyeCumInPiece: 9:27am On Sep 25, 2023
Noted.

Meantime...
“Severe and Irreparable Harm will be done to Bola Tinubu if his CSU Records are Released”
~Tinubu's US Lawyer.

Those defending this, along with Tinubu are criminals.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by FalseProphet1(m): 9:31am On Sep 25, 2023
I see Aso Rock catching fire, I see CBN head office in Abuja catching fire, I see police and DSS headquarters catching fire.

This I have seen.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Klington: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by propsvilla2: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2023
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by pocom16: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2023
Hmm
Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by CloudTrees(f): 9:32am On Sep 25, 2023
No more evidence, No case grin
9ja

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by franchasofficia: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2023
Lol

I hope the fire didn't destroy Injustice Ariwola's corrupt office? shocked

Let them not tamper with our evidence oh, I no trust Ronu terrorists anymore cheesy

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Seefinish: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2023
It is a warning to judiciary to be fair and firm in their rulings else fire go burn Dem Babylon

11 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by tuborme: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2023
Lol

They will soon blame Peter Obi

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by StPete: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2023
They have started burning the courts to evade concrete proof during the presidential election. That was how lagos court got burnt when proof was brought against Tinubu by the MD of Alphabeta

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Muhylonaire007: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2023
Who put petrol?

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by mooremoney(m): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2023
Bobo Chicago

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by AriyaTV: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2023
Ipob miscreants on the beat.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by melonsgroup: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2023
K
Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by DrAkpamudehe: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2023

Anybody wey no fear tunubu and his fellow westerners haven't learnt anything in life. My elders say that when you have a cobra and a Nigerian westerner in your house, kill the Nigerian westerner first before you face the cobra.
If you know you know

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Dlewisi: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2023
Award for renovation works already on the president's table as we speak for approval. I see some politicians licking their mouths in excitement.

Thank God everyone is safe.

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by Bridget95(f): 9:34am On Sep 25, 2023
Wachaa wuchaa
Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by iCauseTrouble: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2023
grin
Re: Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2023
Nothing should happen to the evidence that will kick out that criminal called Tinubu out of our national life. He is notorious for anything evil.
With his evil supporters littered everywhere.

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Nigerian Senate, Calls It Gathering Of "Beer Parlour Chat" / Aregbesola: "I Will Resign If Adeleke Wins". FFK Tells Osun Governor To Resign / Buhari Appoints 4 New Judges For Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.