Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation (11402 Views)

NMDPRA Licenses Eterna, Emadeb To Begin Petrol Importation From July / PIA: FG Reverses Exclusive Petrol Importation Rights For Dangote, Others / We’re Ready To Resume Petrol Importation - Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by APOSTLECHUMA: 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
PAST AND PRESENT LEADERS OF THIS BIG FOR NOTHING USELESS COUNTRY, OUGHT TO BE GATHERED IN ONE STADIUM AND SET ABLAZE FOR THE NEVER ENDING PUNISHMENT THEY HAVE CONTINUED TO INFLICT ON THE MASSES, SINCE THE CREATION OF THIS BIG DISAPPOINTMENT CALLED NIGERIA.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by nairalanda1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2023
BoldBrainz:

It takes a special kind of insanity to greet a person "night" by 1pm, and it commands no surprise that you're exhibiting that level of ineptitude.

Atop that, it leaves the mind wondering as to how your brain is configured. Not only do you habitually grandstand on "double-speak", you have found solace in backing up ignorance and lack of intelligence with audacious displays of confidence, even when your empty-headedness screams to the high heavens.

Several times we tried to inform you on the pros and cons of the subsidy affair on this platform, and you bragged about your heightened knowledge of the issue, backing idiotic policies on consistent bases, even when it was mighty obvious that the subsidy and fx policies were unsustainable if run concurrently. But you claimed you were the Einstein of economic policies, now the smelly blob of cow fat in your cranium is singing a discordant tune while your mouth and thumbs are running amok with unfounded claims.

What's left for you is to do a cinematic market square dance in an undersized tutu, so we'll confirm that "our brothers have gone mad again".

No matter what you say, subsides don't work.

Things cost money

You won't buy petrol at N950 and sell it at N140 to help the poor , would you?

Yet that is what you propose

And you call me mad.

Right

Things cost đź’°.

Night.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by nairalanda1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2023
FOJEM:

The 30,000 Naira stipend no fit sustain am again!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

At the end, whatever you think I am, petrol cannot be sold at a loss.

Ghana and Niger have working refineries and zero subsidies.

Day.

I don't work for or support APC by the way. I just support subsidy removal and have done so since 2012. I am not asking you to believe me, of course.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by Drone95(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Another news for Hellu Pee scallywags to rejoice over as bad news about our beloved Nigeria delights them.
God bless Nigeria.
#RenewedHope
✌
Stop all these things man. No one is happy with bad news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by ConfidentialDoc: 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
nairalanda1:

Ok. Noted

Some of us have a life outside nairaland.

You don't

And anyway, all I know is, you cannot sell fuel below its production cost. All you are seeing now is what happens when petrol is sold below its production cost to let the poor breathe

Night.

In a nutshell, the poor shouldn't breathe
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by BIZNess123(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2023
ufotunang:
.. Even if it's done by transfer the person still have to pay with dollars... through his domiciliary dollars bank accountt ...to transfer the dollars to the sellers of the fuel abroad...you cannot pay with naira by cash..they will not even accept naira but only dollars

I believe there should be a way of solving this issue
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by ufotunang: 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2023
BIZNess123:

I believe there should be a way of solving this issue
.the solution to this problem is for nigeria to be a producing economy.. industrialized country where we produce goods, products and export for sell to other foreign countries in which nigeria will generate dollars, foreign currencies into the country and dollars and foreign currencies will be more in nigeria and dollars will not be scarce...and also nigerians and politicians should reduce the way they travel to abroad for medical treatment and also travel to abroad to school in foreign universities abroad... because all this put more pressure and demand for dollars to travel abroad for all this things which make dollars, forex scarce in nigeria ... nigerians and politicians should value what they have in their own country,... not always traveling to abroad for medical treatment and to school in foreign universities... and nigerians should be a producing economy.... government should make our refineries, ajaokuta steel company should start to work because if this things are working nigeria will earn a lot of dollars, foreign currencies in which dollars, forec will not be scarce and the naira will have value...so this is the solution

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by a4cube: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
Flier:
This have nothing to do with TINUBU,we dont even have dollar to defend naira if he were to peg it,we are in deep mess
Exnorate Buhari and Tinubu and peg it om Emefiele.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by nairalanda1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

In a nutshell, the poor shouldn't breathe

Yes, because at the end of the day, it costs a lot of money to make and transport petrol. Pretending it is cheap, and then borrowing money to pay the resulting loss is a nice way of loading the poor with a lot of debt...debt far beyond their capacity to hold.

You guys, the day you see how subsidy is destructive, that;s the day you would wake up and stop all this ;et the poor breathe comments.

The fact is, subsidy was a nice way of adding to the future debt burden for future generations.

Now, would you let government set your price, so that the poor can breathe, if you were a businessman? You won't, and you know it.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by Growing(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nigeria is in a precarious situation every angle you look from.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by BIZNess123(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2023
ufotunang:
.the solution to this problem is for nigeria to be a producing economy.. industrialized country where we produce goods, products and export for sell to other foreign countries in which nigeria will generate dollars, foreign currencies into the country and dollars and foreign currencies will be more in nigeria and dollars will not be scarce...and also nigerians and politicians should reduce the way they travel to abroad for medical treatment and also travel to abroad to school in foreign universities abroad... because all this put more pressure and demand for dollars to travel abroad for all this things which make dollars, forex scarce in nigeria ... nigerians and politicians should value what they have in their own country,... not always traveling to abroad for medical treatment and to school in foreign universities... and nigerians should be a producing economy.... government should make our refineries, ajaokuta steel company should start to work because if this things are working nigeria will earn a lot of dollars, foreign currencies in which dollars, forec will not be scarce and the naira will have value...so this is the solution

Implementation is the greatest thing
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by ufotunang: 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2023
BIZNess123:

Implementation is the greatest thing
...yes.. for our government to implement all this things is the problem...our government just know how to talk and talk big grammar but cannot implement what they say or promised... that is the process

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by ConfidentialDoc: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes, because at the end of the day, it costs a lot of money to make and transport petrol. Pretending it is cheap, and then borrowing money to pay the resulting loss is a nice way of loading the poor with a lot of debt...debt far beyond their capacity to hold.

You guys, the day you see how subsidy is destructive, that;s the day you would wake up and stop all this ;et the poor breathe comments.

The fact is, subsidy was a nice way of adding to the future debt burden for future generations.

Now, would you let government set your price, so that the poor can breathe, if you were a businessman? You won't, and you know it.

Ok let the poor suffocate.

But don't you think we really babaric in this part of the world.
Non OPEC nations like UK and Canada have subsidies for their citizens, the poor and well off alike.
The NHS and Health Canda have been catering for their citizens for over a century.
Why ?
Because they know the importance and sanctity of human life.
The US have multiple subsidies, most notable their Agriculture subsidy for farmers.

I'm yet to hear a leader from any of these countries I mentioned come out to say subsidy is destructive. Not in the last 100 years.

My point is, you people are just too babaric. Your leaders and you yourself are barbarians.
I hope the destruction you lot are shouting about swiftly locate you all and wipe y'all out. smiley
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by nairalanda1(m): 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Ok let the poor suffocate.

But don't you think we really babaric in this part of the world.
Non OPEC nations like UK and Canada have subsidies for their citizens poor and well off alike.
The NHS and Health Canda have been catering for their citizens for over a century.
Why ?
Because they know the importance and sanctity of human life.
The US have multiple subsidies, most notable their Agriculture subsidy for farmers.

I'm yet to hear a leader from any of these countries I mentioned come out to say subsidy is destructive[b][/b]. Not in the last 100 years.

My point is, you people are just too babaric. Your leaders and you yourself are barbarians.
I hope the destruction you lot are shouting about swiftly locate you all and wipe y'all out. smiley

Non Opec members like UK and Canada also charge the kind of taxes that if your governor or president were to charge it here in Nigeria, you would be shouting...Let the poor breathe

UK...then charge income tax, dem charge council tax which is between 150-200 pounds a month.

Even USA, dem dey charge high taxes and high fees for everything.

Oga, please drop all this talk about 'OPEC and NON-OPEC members do'. Do you want to pay tax at the rate UK and Canada residents pay? Or is our population low enough for the revenue from oil to sustain us?

You think that these countries get money from the air to pay for all those nice welfare stuff you want here? Na by taxes...and if you no pay, the law will descend on you. Not like Nigeria where 70% of the country does not pay tax to the federal and state government, and tax rate is nothing to write home about. (and our GDP is a mess because we rely on oyel)

You guys come here and cry let the poor breathe, and talk about how they are enjoying in other countries, but una no wan make the sacrifices other countries make to get there

Better face reality. And no, it does not mean I support APC. You cannot make a living with just one source of income,...like Nigeria does, and it is a shame APC has not diversified our economy.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by ConfidentialDoc: 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
nairalanda1:

Non Opec members like UK and Canada also charge the kind of taxes that if your governor or president were to charge it here in Nigeria, you would be shouting...Let the poor breathe

UK...then charge income tax, dem charge council tax which is between 150-200 pounds a month.

Oga, please drop all this talk about 'OPEC and NON-OPEC members do'. Do you want to pay tax at the rate UK and Canada residents pay? Or is our population low enough for the revenue from oil to sustain us?

You guys come here and cry let the poor breathe, and talk about how they are enjoying in other countries, but una no wan make the sacrifices other countries make to get there

Better face reality. And no, it does not mean I support APC. You cannot make a living with just one source of income,...like Nigeria does, and it is a shame APC has not diversified our economy.

I'm sorry I'm not satisfied with your submission. And I won't cut you slack cos you said you don't support APC.

Besides. You said the poor should asphyxiate because your have an extra penny or two...at least today you do.
In fact I'm appalled by most of your write-ups.

Appalling barbarian. undecided
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by nairalanda1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

I'm sorry I'm not satisfied with your submission. And I won't cut you slack cos you said you don't support APC.

Besides. You said the poor should asphyxiate because your have an extra penny or two...at least today you do.
In fact I'm appalled by most of your write-ups.

Appalling barbarian. undecided

At the end, if you want good welfare projects, roads, etc...they have to be paid for.

Or we can follow the example of certain countries, pay for all those stuff with imaginary money, enjoy ourselves...till IMF and the World Bank suddenly decide to call in the debts.

At the end, I may be a barbarian, but you cannot make a living as a country on one source of income and poor tax uptake. Oil rich countries who appear rich are producing far more oil for tiny populations. Then there is Iran, whose debt is twice their income, if not much more. Or Venezuela....

I am not here to be liked, or to get likes, but to tell the truth. And at the end, Nigeria is a broke ass country. Even if we recovered all the loot...that is just 500 billion dollars. We need far far more than that before we can talk.

Run for office, let's get rid of APC, PDP and LP. Maybe you got ideas on how to diversify this economy. Maybe you don;t./

Abuse me all you like, in five to ten years it won;'t matter. This is a site. It ain;t your life

Happy autumnal equinox in arreas.

You want a good Nigeria. Nigeria can be rich if we diversify this economy, end corruption , improve tax revenue, and become an exporter of manufactured goods and servicies that the world need. Simples.

And if I am a barbarian for believing that, you must change your thinking. Seriously.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by ConfidentialDoc: 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2023
nairalanda1:

Happy autumnal equinox in arreas.

You want a good Nigeria. Nigeria can be rich if we diversify this economy, end corruption , improve tax revenue, and become an exporter of manufactured goods and servicies that the world need. Simples.

And if I am a barbarian for believing that, you must change your thinking. Seriously.

Oga-Oga,
Yes, I want a better Nigeria, I want to be proud of my country of my forbears.

You ,on another hand,want a subsidy-less Nigeria.
Let us assume that this is a noble and appropriate ambition that all Nigerians should back and pursue. Fine.

The only question I'm asking now is if a subsidy-less nation is desired, what is process or methodology for removing a subsidy that has been a life line to millions of families for over 4 decades ?
None ?

Just remove it like Blaa.. !
Subsidy is gone !
No working refineries no alternatives, no cheaper alternatives no established pathway for increasing wages ....?
And please don't mention that evil word palliatives ..

You see why I said we are barbaric this side of the world ! ?
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by nairalanda1(m): 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Oga-Oga,
Yes, I want a better Nigeria, I want to be proud of my country of my forbears.

You ,on another hand,want a subsidy-less Nigeria.
Let us assume that this is a noble and appropriate ambition that all Nigerians should back and pursue. Fine.

The only question I'm asking now is if a subsidy-less nation is desired, what is process or methodology for removing a subsidy that has been a life line to millions of families for over 4 decades ?
None ?

Just remove it like Blaa.. !
Subsidy is gone !
No working refineries no alternatives, no cheaper alternatives no established pathway for increasing wages ....?
And please don't mention that evil word palliatives ..

You see why I said we are barbaric this side of the world ! ?

Ok o.

Spend the money, but make sure the IMF is kept satisfied.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by ConfidentialDoc: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2023
nairalanda1:

Ok o.

Lol.... You work for them !!
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by nairalanda1(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Lol.... You work for them !!

cheesy

Time to read this.

(Walks off...)

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by BIZNess123(m): 10:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
ufotunang:
...yes.. for our government to implement all this things is the problem...our government just know how to talk and talk big grammar but cannot implement what they say or promised... that is the process

Swrs..
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by ConfidentialDoc: 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2023
nairalanda1:

cheesy

Time to read this.

(Walks off...)

Mssstchewww...
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by IbeOkehie: 2:54am On Sep 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Ok o.

Sorry most Nigerians can't grasp logic. Trying to reason with Nigerians - especially the University graduates - is almost always futile. There's good reason why Nigeria is the Poverty Capital of the World. Just leave them alone with their wahala. cool Me sef don waka. Tufiakwa....what a people!

Good Luck to Nigerians and their country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by grandstar(m): 9:35am On Sep 26, 2023
Flier:
We are in a very deep shit,the reserve is less than $5 billion dollars we have nowhere to run
Emefiele really destroyed this country

To make matters worse, the government can't come clean because it was an APC government that wrecked things under Buhari.

Buhari really is the one to blame despite his best intentions. His poor level of education and his Messiahnic complex was a recipe for disaster.

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by xtivin(m): 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
wittywriter:
Ijustdey look and pity those that are yet to key into earning via online in foreign currency.

Fixed

Wittyness

scammer
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by YoshihideSuga: 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:
What I find more curious is how nairalanda1, our resident petrol subsidy crusader has suddenly disappeared from all subsidy related threads.

He's no longer available to champion the course with his disjointed analysis and dustbin theories.

In his defence, I say, the Nigerian economy defies rational economic theories.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by BoldBrainz(m): 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

In his defence, I say, the Nigerian economy defies rational economic theories.

In your defence, I quite agree.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by PrettyIfy7: 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2023
ufotunang:
...forex is scarce because nigeria is a consuming country.. importing country... nigeria has to be a producing country an industrialized country which nigeria produces goods and export it and this will generate more dollars, foreign currencies to nigeria...more exportation and less importation...and nigerians and politicians should reduce the way they travel to abroad for medical treatment and also travel to abroad to school in foreign universities
abroad...this put too much pressure and demand for dollars to go for medical treatment and school at abroad..which makes dollars, forex to be scarce.. we have to value what we have in nigeria and reduce all this traveling abroad for medical treatment and to school at foreign universities.. nigeria have to be a producing economy...this is the solution

The quality of education in Nigeria is very poor and this APC govt has continued to reduce the budget for education. They're killing education in this country.
Secondly, we don't have well equipped hospitals across the country and govt don't care. So, when you have money and a life threatening disease comes your way, what will you do? Travel abroad...

Lastly, we have always been a consuming and importing nation from ages.
So, what changed in this APC regime?

If they criminals in govt bring out half of the dollar notes they stacked up in their homes, then you'll see the price of dollar coming down. It is as easy as that.

We also need to start producing, but how can that be achieved when we don't have steady power supply and then the price of diesel to run gen for production is on the high side. Plus the high taxation on SMEs.
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by ufotunang: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2023
PrettyIfy7:

The quality of education in Nigeria is very poor and this APC govt has continued to reduce the budget for education. They're killing education in this country.
Secondly, we don't have well equipped hospitals across the country and govt don't care. So, when you have money and a life threatening disease comes your way, what will you do? Travel abroad...

Lastly, we have always been a consuming and importing nation from ages.
So, what changed in this APC regime?

If they criminals in govt bring out half of the dollar notes they stacked up in their homes, then you'll see the price of dollar coming down. It is as easy as that.

We also need to start producing, but how can that be achieved when we don't have steady power supply and then the price of diesel to run gen for production is on the high side. Plus the high taxation on SMEs.
...but nigeria has good and standard quality private universities students that like traveling to abroad can attend... we have good quality private universities...many of them..we have good and standard private quality hospitals in nigeria where politcians and wealthy nigerians can go there for medical treatment...Osibanjo the former vice president of nigeria went to a private hospital in Lagos to do knee surgery and the surgery was successful....I know our government universities and hospitals are bad... that is why the government had to develop our nigeria university and government hospital....that is what nigerians voted for them to do.. ..but we still have good and standard private universities and private hospitals in nigeria....it's just many nigerians especially the wealthy nigerians and politcians do not value what they have in nigeria they like foreign things too much.......and for producing we cannot still keep on giving excuses that there is no constant electricity light and disel is high.....the politcians in government have to provide constant electricity light and make the refineries to work so that disel,fuel can be cheap.. so that Nigeria can be a producing country... that is what nigerians voted the president and other politcians in power to do..if they do not do it.. nigerians should vote them out of power and vote for the person that will provide good goverance and better the life of nigerians... nigerians and politcians cannot keep giving excuses
Re: Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation by PrettyIfy7: 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2023
ufotunang:
...but nigeria has good and standard quality private universities students that like traveling to abroad can attend... we have good quality private universities...many of them..we have good and standard private quality hospitals in nigeria where politcians and wealthy nigerians can go there for medical treatment...Osibanjo the former vice president of nigeria went to a private hospital in Lagos to do knee surgery and the surgery was successful....I know our government universities and hospitals are bad... that is why the government had to develop our nigeria university and government hospital....that is what nigerians voted for them to do.. ..but we still have good and standard private universities and private hospitals in nigeria....it's just many nigerians especially the wealthy nigerians and politcians do not value what they have in nigeria they like foreign things too much.......and for producing we cannot still keep on giving excuses that there is no constant electricity light and disel is high.....the politcians in government have to provide constant electricity light and make the refineries to work so that disel,fuel can be cheap.. so that Nigeria can be a producing country... that is what nigerians voted the president and other politcians in power to do..if they do not do it.. nigerians should vote them out of power and vote for the person that will provide good goverance and better the life of nigerians... nigerians and politcians cannot keep giving excuses

We have good private institutions and hospitals but they can't match foreign standard yet.
Can any hospital in Nigeria do Liver, kidney or heart transplant? No.
Does any Nigerian private school have NMR or Mass spectrometer? No.
But we have quality medical doctors and lecturers.

We keep electing and defending criminals based on tribal sentiments.
So, how will they bring the desired result?
Do you expect a man like Tinubu to give Nigeria 24 hours light?
Someone that gave party delegates $50k each in order to buy their votes during APC primaries.
Where did he get that amount of cash from?

Let them bring out the dollar notes in their custody first, if they truly want the country to move forward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Operatives Avert Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri / Obanikoro Slams N100M Suit On EFCC Over Rights violations / Ipob Replies Obong Attah : You Are Clueless,remember Philip Effiong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.