Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,369 members, 7,861,015 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:01 PM

Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial (8229 Views)

Reno Omokri Hails Peter Obi And Labour Party For Deepening Nigeria's Democracy / Shocking Revelations Of Lagos #EndSARS Report - Punch Editorial / Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by LZAA: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2023
Agbad.o e-rats will say it's all lies😄😄😄😄

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by CloudTrees(f): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2023
HateBigots:

🤣🤣🤣... GOD gave you 3 options but the chose the worst of all 3.
A drug convict without identity that even his real name is unknown.

Don't mention God again before he vex for you.

She has an identity actually
First female president

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Blitzking: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

This is your thinking is bad o....

Larger majority of people should be able to conveniently afford to fuel their cars.

So you are saying nothing if only 0.001% people can be able to fuel their car? It is not right!
personally I would prefer a nigeria where public transportion is cheap...fuelling private cars damn expensive and food damn cheap..

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by FireUpNow(m): 10:25am On Sep 26, 2023
Make una tell Tinubu so that he go listen oo
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Kukutente23: 10:33am On Sep 26, 2023
accordadoga30:
That's true.

We blame Buhari, blame Johnathan, blame Tibubu but we as the followers are more wicked than these people.

Imagine a lawyer who is a caretaker increased my cousin's house rent (selfcon) from 500k-800k (60% increment) in Abuja which is against the law and now telling my cousin to negotiate which is their latest pattern/trick now.

These caretakers and agents are the ones polluting the minds of landlords.

This same caretaker of the house my cousin stays lives in a free house owned by his own uncle. He doesn't pay house rent but yet instigating the landlords to increase other people's rents.

We are all wicked in this country. Every opportunity na how to exploit people.

Say fuel price has increased from 10 naira to 12 naira, drivers go don increase transport fare by two
Ehen
When your god increased fuel price by over 300% while devaluing the naira how do you expect the landlord to still collect the same money?
You want to com here and stand on his mandate but want your landlord to be surviving on only rice and maize abi? Even the rice price has jumped up!
If i were your landlord, I will increase the price by 300% as well so that we can both stand on the mandate very well.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander
Stupid supporters of evil politicians

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Exceed15: 10:46am On Sep 26, 2023
Kumid:
The country needs God

No , we need good leaders and he has given us the will to choose the right ones.
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Exceed15: 10:47am On Sep 26, 2023
That's APC for you and bad luck.
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by prophetfire: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2023
Yobabad:
We Yoruba Muslims are very ok, Tinubu is doing very well
And this Tinubu inflation will favour me and my family.
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Faposky95: 11:41am On Sep 26, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Nigeria's problem has nothing to do with leadership but the people are stupid and illiterate. Go to developed countries like America and Europe you will see the idiot which Nigerian people are voting for and campaigning for in other countries bunch of criminals. The only person in Nigeria can vote for any country in the world is a criminal especially their own criminal.. problem has never been leadership or the government the problem is a citizen the average Nigerian can only vote for their own idiots. 95% of Nigeria in any country can only vote for a criminal. They will tell you they're educated but they're stuck illiterate

.... that's not what BATman said on the floor @ UN......we have a dearth if leadership and management.........
...of all things...?!
Guy, you are not the president.....!
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by BobbieZion(m): 11:51am On Sep 26, 2023
accordadoga30:
That's true.

We blame Buhari, blame Johnathan, blame Tibubu but we as the followers are more wicked than these people.

Imagine a lawyer who is a caretaker increased my cousin's house rent (selfcon) from 500k-800k (60% increment) in Abuja which is against the law and now telling my cousin to negotiate which is their latest pattern/trick now.

This same caretaker of the house my cousin stays lives in a free house owned by his own uncle. He doesn't pay house rent but yet instigating the landlords to increase other people's rents.

Say fuel price has increased from 10 naira to 12 naira, drivers go don increase transport fare by two

You now want to rationalize the wickedness.....
Not everyone is wicked.

I have always known you to support APC unapologetically.
What has changed?

Pump price was increased from N195.00 to N617.00 what's the percentage increase?
Places we use to go for N100.00 is now N200.00 what's the percentage increase?
Does the increase in the fuel price correlate with the increase in T-fare? Please do the math and tell me answers.
Then I will prove you wrong that the masses are even more considerate in their dealings.
It Is people like you who support scallywags, then turn around to rationalize the situation by painting everyone with the same brush.
Don't be pathetic.......

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Evolutionism: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
Blitzking:

Do you know know that if u have this money all these grammar called inflation u won't understand it..I once read of a man who said if fuel was increases to 5k per litre he will still buy it..full tank sef..May God help hard working Nigerians cos its not funny the more the inflation the poorer even well to do Nigerians get..Dangote is poorer than he used to be.

You reek of sheer Ignorance and Stupideety.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Reference(m): 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
Lazy citizens, lazy journalists. Always weeks, months, years behind issues of concern. Never able to guide, direct, order government along the right paths. They wait till the horses have bolted then begin a vain pursuit from pillar to post.

The horse of inflation has long bolted the moment deregulation was announced with lazy people looking for palliatives instead of demanding for immediate and emergency anti-inflationary measures by government like their counterparts in other climes.

Unfortunately the ship of economic stability has long sailed, hit the iceberg and sunk. It is too late to fight inflation. The cancer is stage 4 now and affected the entire economy.

The malaise which stated with just gasoline, just gasoline and the dollar market unification has spread since May to hit cement this week ( a basic and essential commodity of industrialization) with obvious consequences of a slow down in the construction sector and more job losses.

The very sector (together with agriculture and mining the bricks and mortar, brown collar sectors) government needed to create jobs en-masse and the third leg of any economic stability.

There was once upon a time when discussions were a viable option with the largest industrial and commercial operators to delay price rises pending when government arrives with its vision and mission to address the various factors creating a cost of production crises but to our knowledge nothing was done. It just sat back doing nothing while the cancer metastasized.

Instead of Oga to be meeting with them on a weekly basis to synergise government policy, synergise industrial production and assure the Nigerian people of whatever support they can provide, he is busy abroad..... while inflation rages on here.

WHAT IS THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ACTIVELY DOING RIGHT NOW TO FIGHT INFLATION.
This is the basic question everyone should be concerned about.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Blitzking: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
Evolutionism:

You reek of sheer Ignorance and Stupideety.
Lol keep running your mouth sensei
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Reference:
Lazy citizens, lazy journalists. Always weeks, months, years behind issues of concern. Never able to guide, direct, order government along the right paths. They wait till the horses have bolted then begin a vain pursuit from pillar to post.

The horse of inflation has long bolted the moment deregulation was announced with lazy people looking for palliatives instead of demanding for immediate and emergency anti-inflationary measures by government like their counterparts in other climes.

Unfortunately the ship of economic stability has long sailed, hit the iceberg and sunk. It is too late to fight inflation. The cancer is stage 4 now and affected the entire economy.

The malaise which stated with just gasoline, just gasoline and the dollar market unification has spread since May to hit cement this week ( a basic and essential commodity of industrialization) with obvious consequences of a slow down in the construction sector and more job losses.

The very sector (together with agriculture and mining the bricks and mortar, brown collar sectors) government needed to create jobs en-masse and the third leg of any economic stability.

There was once upon a time when discussions were a viable option with the largest industrial and commercial operators to delay price rises pending when government arrives with its vision and mission to address the various factors creating a cost of production crises but to our knowledge nothing was done. It just sat back doing nothing while the cancer metastasized.

Instead of Oga to be meeting with them on a weekly basis to synergise government policy, synergise industrial production and assure the Nigerian people of whatever support they can provide, he is busy abroad..... while inflation rages on here.

mhen...

Whatever came up with those twin deadly policies is a compound idiot
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2023
DECLAN2015:

Who did u vote for?

All Nigerian are the same idiot they do nothing I cannot vote for them. Nigerian is only mouth only but when it comes to doing the job nothing they do home and Abroad
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

My brother the matter tire me o... 🙀🙊🤦

Nigeria is in very dire critical condition. This is an emergency situation. Serious action is required right now.

Extremely wrong Nigerian people are stupid and we only follow an idiot especially in developed countries. In Nigeria we are on abroad admittedly he gets to another man's land he wants to vote for the Nigerian which could do nothing for him illiteracy is our own problem. We believe we are educated but we are illiterate

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2023
Lanretoye:
that's not true,I really understand things are absurd but it's a global factor,just that some western economies have a cushioning arrangements and more balanced system.i can tell you for sure that things are relatively cheaper in nigeria than most of African countries even as it is now.from accomodation ,to feeding,to education and other commodities,nigeria is still fair.dont let anybody deceive anybody with unprovable informations.i have friends that schooled in Ghana, benin in those years when we were paying less than 40k in nigeria,they were paying over 200k equivalent there.the same with rent and all.the food i ear for about 700 naira her cost around 1500 equivalent in Ghana when I went there about 15years ago.

I can see you are not very educated prices is cheap in Nigeria because the people are in poverty they cannot survive a high standard of living. I have been to 18 African countries and also 12 countries out of Africa the problem with Nigeria is the Citizens they only want to follow a criminal especially their own criminal. Benin Republic and Ghana standard of living is much higher and they have a higher growth rate, electricity basic services are super in this country. Prices of products do not determine the economical situation of the country look at Belgium Norway and Sweden

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by BigIyanga: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2023
accordadoga30:
That's true.

Go and build your own house. Focus the same anger oj NNPC which increased fuel price from 145 to N600 … 400% increment. Have you asked Dangote why cement has increased by 200% in the last 2yrs even though raw materials arw gotten from Naija
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Lanretoye(m): 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I can see you are not very educated prices is cheap in Nigeria because the people are in poverty they cannot survive a high standard of living. I have been to 18 African countries and also 12 countries out of Africa the problem with Nigeria is the Citizens they only want to follow a criminal especially their own criminal. Benin Republic and Ghana standard of living is much higher and they have a higher growth rate, electricity basic services are super in this country. Prices of products do not determine the economical situation of the country look at Belgium Norway and Sweden
I know I'm not educated,thank you.he who lacks information is in deformation,Niger's electricity is super when nigeria has cut off her supply to them.u are a totally deformed man and I'm not sorry to say.you are just being proud about nothing,I don't know what you understand about economics that made u think you can talk about economies.i won't argue further with an illiterate that thinks he knows it all.
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Daviewonder001(m): 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2023
Lanretoye:
is tinubu also the president of ghana and niger?,or you don't hear of the harsh economic crises they are dealing with.did you hear that Ghanaians took to the street to protest high cost of living and prices yeterday?.what is happening in nigeria is happening all over Africa, even worst in other countries.the earlier you become realistic to your self,the better for u.nigerian economy would have been far worst than this if not for the patch patch economics the previous government have been doing.
Some unrealistic fools are arguing about the price of petrol and subsidy when they know quite alright that an increase in exchange rate will affect the cost of petrol importation and no marketer can continue to sell at the same rate.is it not expected that pump prices will be adjusted,if the government don't want to further increase the price of petrol at the moment,what is she supposed to do other than to balance off the marketers which in one way or the other will amount to subsidy.
to what end will you continue to defend a failure?

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by uzomalahot: 12:22am On Sep 27, 2023
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
Ivimmanuel:
TBH I never agreed someone could still perform as bad as buhari to the extent of been worse

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2023
Lanretoye:
I know I'm not educated,thank you.he who lacks information is in deformation,Niger's electricity is super when nigeria has cut off her supply to them.u are a totally deformed man and I'm not sorry to say.you are just being proud about nothing,I don't know what you understand about economics that made u think you can talk about economies.i won't argue further with an illiterate that thinks he knows it all.
U have taken hard drug cocaine again, leave it u won't hear.

Where did he mention Niger Republic?
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Wujio: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
Reference:

You spoke well Elder, however does this government or the previous one agree that there's an economic turmoil? I can bet Buhari's left eye on it that even he and Tinubu do not believe we have an urgent economic situation that needs urgent attention. So, back to your question about what the government is doing about the inflation. Now the response is thus, does the government believe theres skyrocketting infaltion because if theres no firm understanding of the realities on ground, how can firm resolve be applied in finding solutions to the problems at hand ?

Its simple. We do not have leaders who have their heads on their bodies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Extremely Graphic Photo. Girl Commits Suicide On Rail Way / Ibori Not Released From Prison – Oghara Clan Sec-General / Who Is Yinka Tinubu ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.