Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial (8234 Views)

Reno Omokri Hails Peter Obi And Labour Party For Deepening Nigeria's Democracy / Shocking Revelations Of Lagos #EndSARS Report - Punch Editorial / Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Mosba: 9:15am On Sep 26, 2023
Poverty gets level, with removal of subsidy, every fixed income earner and those who make just enough to live before have been moved from just being poor to being bankrupt

5 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Pooly: 9:16am On Sep 26, 2023
una go wail tire tinubu till 2031 fire on my presido

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by ValarDoharis: 9:16am On Sep 26, 2023
Thuvb is a failure

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:19am On Sep 26, 2023
They will still say that Labour party are the one behind this editorial.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by davidkingsley59(m): 9:19am On Sep 26, 2023
Although the process of gathering and analyzing data in Nigeria may not be reliable and results valid, everyone knows the nation is economically impoverished, the worst decline since independence. Good analysis of the economic situation from PUNCH, but price fluctuations in the oil/gas sector or commodity market is only an outcome of corruption, incompetent leadership, and poor economic planning. As long as our leaders focus more of sharing the loot from our treasuries, without building strong and resilient structures for growth, Nigeria's economy will take a deeper plunge in the coming months. External borrowing hasn't and will never solve our economic problems until leadership shows commitment, responsibility, and accountability.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:19am On Sep 26, 2023
Maxymilliano:

Buhari really made a mess of the country's economy.

Don't blame Mohammed buhari Nigerian people are stupid and they will only vote for an idiot the more you do nothing for them them order food for you home and Abroad.. Nigerian only put and follow people like themselves which can do nothing

6 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Ivimmanuel: 9:20am On Sep 26, 2023
Concasty676:
Someone said sometime ago that the past administration is going to be miles better than this one. That guy was a true prophet...
TBH I never agreed someone could still perform as bad as buhari to the extent of been worse

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Lanretoye(m): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2023
Jessyjeff:
It's the economy, stupid!!

APC has shown Nigerians how terrible a manager of people and resources the party is.
is tinubu also the president of ghana and niger?,or you don't hear of the harsh economic crises they are dealing with.did you hear that Ghanaians took to the street to protest high cost of living and prices yeterday?.what is happening in nigeria is happening all over Africa, even worst in other countries.the earlier you become realistic to your self,the better for u.nigerian economy would have been far worst than this if not for the patch patch economics the previous government have been doing.
Some unrealistic fools are arguing about the price of petrol and subsidy when they know quite alright that an increase in exchange rate will affect the cost of petrol importation and no marketer can continue to sell at the same rate.is it not expected that pump prices will be adjusted,if the government don't want to further increase the price of petrol at the moment,what is she supposed to do other than to balance off the marketers which in one way or the other will amount to subsidy.
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Yankee101: 9:21am On Sep 26, 2023
It’s bad governance that’s causing the inflation

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by tuoyoojo(m): 9:21am On Sep 26, 2023
Give it for Jagaban!!!
The Master Strategist!!!
The creator of Modern day Lagos!!!!
The first Class graduate!!!

Oya nau. U dey fight for post!!
You don collect am now
Oya do ur magic
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Wujio: 9:23am On Sep 26, 2023
accordadoga30:
That's true.

We blame Buhari, blame Johnathan, blame Tibubu but we as the followers are more wicked than these people.

Imagine a lawyer who is a caretaker increased my cousin's house rent (selfcon) from 500k-800k (60% increment) in Abuja which is against the law and now telling my cousin to negotiate which is their latest pattern/trick now.

These caretakers and agents are the ones polluting the minds of landlords.

This same caretaker of the house my cousin stays lives in a free house owned by his uncle. He doesn't pay house rent but yet instigating the landlords to increase other people's rents.

We are all wicked in this country. Every opportunity na how to exploit people.

Say fuel price has increased from 10 naira to 12 naira, drivers go don increase transport fare by two

I rented a three bed room alone in the compound in Abuka last year for just 1.2 total package. Tell your brother to leave and find another apartment. House full Abuja

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Nice2023(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2023
Kumid:
The country needs God

God has done his best for us.

Now is the time for actions which we have refused to take.
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Treadway: 9:24am On Sep 26, 2023
Disposable income has been squeezed sotey the cloth don tear o. Las las maybe I go still japa laidis 😁😁😁😁

Abi what is the point of creating businesses for 200+ million people when like 150million of them don sign pact with poverty with more to join. Na only food and medicine people still dey buy steady for now o, albeit with extreme calculation and rationing. Igboro ti daru finally finally...lol🤣😁😎

4 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Blitzking: 9:26am On Sep 26, 2023
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/inflation-is-deepening-mass-poverty/
Do you know that if u have this money all these grammar called inflation u won't understand it..I once read of a man who said if fuel was increased to 5k per litre he will still buy it .full tank sef..May God help hard working Nigerians cos its not funny the more the inflation the poorer even well to do Nigerians get..Dangote is poorer than he used to be.
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by NobleSeed(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2023
Everybody go feel the heat.
Both agbado and EWA people.
They were all warned from the onset, they call us mad people,and we laughed grin grin

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by ariesbull: 9:27am On Sep 26, 2023
It is only the Obidients that inflation is affecting the Ronus and APC members are fine

Punch is an Igbo newspaper

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:28am On Sep 26, 2023
You are very correct

Inflation is compounding, reinforcing mass poverty

Parents can no longer afford to pay the school's fees of their children in the school's they attended last session.

Many students are now dropping out of school

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Splitmind: 9:33am On Sep 26, 2023
Fake IPOB news
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:36am On Sep 26, 2023
Lanretoye:
is tinubu also the president of ghana and niger?,or you don't hear of the harsh economic crises they are dealing with.did you hear that Ghanaians took to the street to protest high cost of living and prices yeterday?.what is happening in nigeria is happening all over Africa, even worst in other countries.the earlier you become realistic to your self,the better for u.nigerian economy would have been far worst than this if not for the patch patch economics the previous government have been doing.
Some unrealistic fools are arguing about the price of petrol and subsidy when they know quite alright that an increase in exchange rate will affect the cost of petrol importation and no marketer can continue to sell at the same rate.is it not expected that pump prices will be adjusted,if the government don't want to further increase the price of petrol at the moment,what is she supposed to do other than to balance off the marketers which in one way or the other will amount to subsidy.

You have to understand that some of this African country what's the prices go up by 10% the protest but in Nigeria's case prices go up by hundreds of percentage points and the people are happy they keep on following the criminals

5 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by DareyContact: 9:37am On Sep 26, 2023
Ok
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Memphis357(m): 9:40am On Sep 26, 2023
Where's that bitchass, TemplarLandry to drop a track when you need him/her or it?😒

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by happney65: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2023
Wujio:
Tinubu never worked a single day of his life. Same as his predecessor. What else should be expected of such kinds ? APC is simply a poverty manufacturing machine

They weaponise poverty. That is their antecedents and that is what they do know how to do best

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by SmartPolician: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2023
marenkurz:
I am not a Tinubu fan. However, what you said about him never working is untrue.
You don't survive in the USA without working. That is fact. By the way, drug smuggling and money laundering are difficult jobs.

Someone who comfortably forfeited $460k to the US government has so much shoddy dealings that we don't know of. Don't speak for that man, please.
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by happney65: 9:43am On Sep 26, 2023
Tecnophone:
The akudaya people will disagree, bastards.

Akudaya..Lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love this. Let me borrow your Yoruba adjective to start using it to describe them henceforth

"Akudayas" cos that exactly is what they are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:44am On Sep 26, 2023
Blitzking:

Do you know know that if u have this money all these grammar called inflation u won't understand it..I once read of a man who said if fuel was increases to 5k per litre he will still buy it..full tank sef..May God help hard working Nigerians cos its not funny the more the inflation the poorer even well to do Nigerians get..Dangote is poorer than he used to be.
This is your thinking is bad o....

Larger majority of people should be able to conveniently afford to fuel their cars.

So you are saying nothing if only 0.001% people can be able to fuel their car? It is not right!

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by DECLAN2015(m): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Nigeria's problem has nothing to do with leadership but the people are stupid and illiterate. Go to developed countries like America and Europe you will see the idiot which Nigerian people are voting for and campaigning for in other countries bunch of criminals. The only person in Nigeria can vote for any country in the world is a criminal especially their own criminal.. problem has never been leadership or the government the problem is a citizen the average Nigerian can only vote for their own idiots. 95% of Nigeria in any country can only vote for a criminal. They will tell you they're educated but they're stuck illiterate

Who did u vote for?
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

You have to understand that some of this African country what's the prices go up by 10% the protest but in Nigeria's case prices go up by hundreds of percentage points and the people are happy they keep on following the criminals

My brother the matter tire me o... 🙀🙊🤦

Nigeria is in very dire critical condition. This is an emergency situation. Serious action is required right now.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Lanretoye(m): 9:50am On Sep 26, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

that's not true,I really understand things are absurd but it's a global factor,just that some western economies have a cushioning arrangements and more balanced system.i can tell you for sure that things are relatively cheaper in nigeria than most of African countries even as it is now.from accomodation ,to feeding,to education and other commodities,nigeria is still fair.dont let anybody deceive anybody with unprovable informations.i have friends that schooled in Ghana, benin in those years when we were paying less than 40k in nigeria,they were paying over 200k equivalent there.the same with rent and all.the food i ear for about 700 naira her cost around 1500 equivalent in Ghana when I went there about 15years ago.
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Shikini: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2023
Terrible
Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by HateBigots: 9:59am On Sep 26, 2023
Kumid:
The country needs God
🤣🤣🤣... GOD gave you 3 options but the chose the worst of all 3.
A drug convict without identity that even his real name is unknown.

Don't mention God again before he vex for you.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by paskal16: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2023
Poverty is not affecting the yorubas
They’re living in mansions and balling like a king
Disregard the palliatives hustling video in Ibadan grin

1 Like

Re: Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2023
Their problem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe / Petrol Station Manager Killed By Gunmen In Maiduguri / Ibe Kachikwu Recounts Achievement As NNPC GMD -the Vanguard Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.