Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Doomsday Prophet Harold Camping Stole My Parents - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doomsday Prophet Harold Camping Stole My Parents (1073 Views)

How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / The World Should End Today - Harold Camping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doomsday Prophet Harold Camping Stole My Parents by mannaexp: 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2011
The doomsday prophet claims the world will end this month

By Sharifa Stevens

May 21, 2011, came and went. Nothing happened.

I feverishly checked the message boards for post-May 21 updates. All those people who quit their jobs, maxed out their credit cards, drove in RVs that said, “May 21, 2011: Judgment Day”—what would they say now? There were no rolling earthquakes, no bodies released from the graves, no Rapture. Were they despairing? Shame-faced? Repentant?

Why would I even care what a bunch of kooks following the doomsday teachings of controversial cult leader Harold Camping decided to do with their time?

Because this bunch of kooks includes my mom and dad.

I couldn’t believe the outlandish and pathetic claims the “Latter Rain” and “Time and Judgment” Yahoo groups put forth to excuse the fact that they were just dead wrong: May 21st marked the end of salvation, believers were “spiritually” raptured, October 21 would now mark the end of the world, those still in local churches were under the command of Satan and were definitely not followers of God.

Did my parents actually believe this garbage? Would they choose Harold Camping over me, again? I felt desperate—what would it take to tear my mom and dad away from this date-setting drivel and bring them back to Jesus, and to me? I had tried talking with them before, but discussions quickly degenerated into shouting matches.

Continue reading: http://www.mannaexpressonline.com/component/content/article/89-slideshow/421-harold-camping-stole-my-parents

(1) (Reply)

Intercession: Your Divine Responsibility / Father And Son Ousted From Trinity In New Bible Translations To avoid offence / Pagan Roots Of The Trinity Doctrin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.