Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) (29531 Views)

Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) / Governor Umahi Begs Anyim, Egwu, NASS Members For Forgiveness / Kwara: Abdulrazaq Locks Out Workers For Late Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Triton1996(m): 9:00am On Sep 29, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oDHVXrEJo

The minister for works, Dave Umahi has offered apology to civil servants after locking them out of the gate for coming late to work.

There was protest by the workers yesterday following the decision of the minister to lock them out.

In turn, they also locked the minister in his office in order to show their grievances.

The workers were all chanting ‘Umahi must go’ during the protest yesterday as they were surprised at the development.

However, the governor has addressed the workers and explained the reason for his decision. He asked for forgiveness and requested for partnership.

‘’Nobody locked the gate, we needed to get your attention. I came here on 22nd of august with two agenda. One is the welfare of the workers and number to is discipline.”

“There was going to be a holiday on Tuesday and to demonstrate my welfare agenda, I gave on my own N15 million to workers in this ministry.”

“Since 22nd Of August, I will come to work and see workers coming to work by 1pm, just a week ago I called all the directors for discipline. I ask for files and they say the staff isn’t yet around. “

“I offered that workers should come to work by 9 o clock, they are all here. I can’t do without you and you can’t do without me.”

“I came to work by 9:30 today and needed some files but not 5% of the workers were around.”

“If you were offended this morning, I offer apology to you.”

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Throwback: 9:03am On Sep 29, 2023
You want Nigeria to progress without overhauling the corrupt civil service and its mob called Labour Unions?

You must be a joker.

I stand with Dave Umahi over those whose best actions can never make Nigeria great.

Every public institution need a forceful reorientation of its labour force, but I wouldn't waste that time if I can as well sack them all and rehire.

The public service need to make firing as easy as it is in the private sector.

192 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Goke7: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:
You want Nigeria to progress without overhauling the corrupt civil service and its mob called Labour Unions?

You must be a joker.

I stand with Dave Umahi over those whose best actions can never make Nigeria great.

Every public institution need a forceful reorientation of its labour force, but I wouldn't waste that time if I can as well sack them all and rehire.

The public service need to make firing as easy as it is in the private sector.

that was why Fashola in his days as governor started creating all manner of agencies to operate like private sector organisations, waiting for these evil servants can never bring any development whether at local, state or federal level, you go explain tire

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Throwback: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2023
Dave Umahi is Igbo.

The person addressing the crowd and the Minister is speaking with a Yoruba intonation.

The person from the crowd who retorted "teach him very well" spoke with Igbo intonation.

My drift is that the civil service is nationally useless, and would frustrate anyone who comes in as a reformer.

I am certain that they are also already planning how to limit the "excesses" of the Interior Minister who wants government agencies to be efficient and eliminate corruption.

This is part of the reason Wike fired all the heads of agencies in the FCT so he can rejig them with those who can help him deliver on his agenda.

With the current Civil Service, this country will never move forward, rather it will keep moving backwards.

100 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Praxis758: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2023
I don’t believe a disciplined man like Umahi will stoop low to apologize for taking the right step.

I’ll be iron-handed if I were to head any government agency because most civil servants lack discipline. They believe their union to protest and protect them.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by madmohamed(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2023
Triton1996:

Abuja no be ebonyi

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Higherthan: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2023
come to the West to learn good governance, you're scared your Good for nothing citizens will criticize you, now see you dey apologize to your workers for doing that which is right....

Sometimes this eastern ppl, na UGM good for them you should have released them to be flogged again. Make those ones flog ppl Papa : for coming late. grin cheesy

See this ppl that want to rule Nigeria grin.
Nzobu nzobu cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Toylove: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2023
He actually doesn’t need to apologize,
Sack them all🤪

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by rajiedreez: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2023
smileyAll of una dey see wetin our parents,, brothers, sisters, uncles and aunties dey do for government office. Later we'll all be complaining about the same government where they failed to do their jobs diligently

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by sammirano2: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Your head shift before

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by meum: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2023
How person go dey go work by 1pm? That’s why I said in the previous thread, use civil service rule to discipline them. It’s not about locking the gate.

Issue queries. Let defaulters at any point face the disciplinary committee & watch how they’ll all be hardworking. Dem no Dey use force take fight somethings.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by IAMBOSS1990: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Honestly, civil servants have terrible attitude to work. How can your boss get to work before you and you still have the guts to complain. When the news came up earlier, we didn't hear about the 15 million o, na high handedness we hear. I wonder where these kind of people get the audacity to condemn politicians from.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by VinnyBaba: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Good and SENSIBLE decision.👍

Unlike Wike that continues to Fool himself. sad 😏
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by KingRabota: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2023
The civil service is a serious canker worm to the development of this nation. If government is an engine then a professional civil service is like a very good engine oil , yeah the machinery of government will run smoothly and efficiently.
And I believe the honourable minister is speaking truth when he says some staff don't come until 1pm , because many of my pals in the ministry of works and housing do go to work only when they feel like and at any time they feel like . It makes you realise that inefficiency is a product of unprofessional incompetence

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by jojothaiv(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Later...

This country is exhausting..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Infobase101: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2023
Ok
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by MTNnews: 11:19am On Sep 29, 2023
I prefer his method this shouldn't stop him from firing any erring members henceforth

Praxis758:
I don’t believe a disciplined man like Umahi will stoop low to apologize for taking the right step.

I’ll be iron-handed if I were to head any government agency because most civil servants lack discipline. They believe their union to protest and protect them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2023
sammirano2:
Your head shift before
What they did was wrong, the minster is right

4 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2023
Well let's wait and see if they will change... many of these civil servants are very useless... only to collect salary for work not done .. imagine coming to work at about 1pm... imagine nonsense... them see work still no ready work ... this is really annoying... some of this people children are here on nairaland painting the government badt .. see what their parents,sisters, brothers, uncles and aunties are doing ooo .. no wahala

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by bennybuhari: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2023
What effrontery Umahi is a Coward

5 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Donaldoni: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2023
The workers held the minister hostage!

Insubordination and mutiny of the highest order.

Igbos are cowards!!

5 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by diggindeep: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2023
You want to correct a 63 years old rot in one day.

Not possible.

First, send off the heads of agencies and appoint credible hands, also make sure you're not corrupt.

At least some let's start from here.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by IkeOnyia: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2023
Was shocked to see Dave Umahi display typical abakaliki man timidity. The workers union leader who spoke practically insulted and dressed him down right there in his face and all the minister could do was to apologize for scolding the latecomers!

Let's just hope that he fixes the deplorable federal roads across the nation and his insistence on concrete technology doesn't push the price of cement through the roofs.

5 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Georgejeez: 11:23am On Sep 29, 2023
The Civil Service should be handed over to the Military for restructuring Sanitation for just 6 months .

Can they try this stunt during the days of Idiagbon, Babangida or Abacha ?

Lock your boss in his office in protest against discipline for coming late everyday to work .

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Skillsnigeria: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2023
Georgejeez:
The Civil Service should be handed over to the Military for restructuring Sanitation for just 6 months .

Can they try this stunt during the days of Idiagbon, Babangida or Abacha ?

Lock your boss in his office in protest against discipline for coming late everyday to work .
Just imagine that kind liver

6 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by maestroferddi: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2023
Everybody dey form King Kong for naija..

Governance is not propaganda.

If thought he could run a national assignment like the way he ran Ebonyi like a private estate, he would have another thinking through...

He performed but his high-handedness is excessive...
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by bbyby01: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2023
Banana republic of Nigeria.
We can't blame them. If not for illegality, Umahi himself wouldn't be a minister.

Meanwhile on the issue. Umahi fall hand. You don't apologize for trying to fix a broken system. Wike will never do that, Umahi will never do that. Umahi just shot himself on the foot
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Baloranking(m): 11:25am On Sep 29, 2023
Chai

He gave 15 million he was never high-handed then. But when he punished workers for resuming late he immediately became high-handed, even some trying to make it a tribal issue.

This apology dey pain me, so many creative minds out there unemployed, and suddenly workers have the guts to resume work at 1pm which is 3hrs after the boss. It's the guts for me.

What umahi should know is that In this job, people will not like you, but in the end, if you do it well, you will be appreciated. Things are tough, yes, but we cannot live in a lawless society because things are tough.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by sammirano2: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

What they did was wrong, the minster is right

Right how? Why? Where in the world is such barbaric act done. There are disciplinary procedures to follow, not lock them out like some village head master

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suleiman Abba Handover To Solomon Arase (pics) / How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe / FG Lifts Ban On Importation Of Furniture , Textiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.