Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (780 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Don't intimidate us with EFCC,PDP Senators Warn FG / Don’t Negotiate With Boko Haram, Us, Eu Warn Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by jason123: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2011
By ABDULWAHAB ABDULAH
LAGOS— Major ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, yesterday, vowed to join forces with the National Labour Congress, NLC, to stop the Federal Government from its planned removal of fuel subsidy.

The group, which promised to bring the government on its kneel, if it goes ahead with the hike in prices of oil products, said, it was high time the Federal Government realised that Nigerians have suffered by the removal of subsidy by previous administrations since 1973.

Addressing newsmen in Lagos, the group under the aegis of the Coalition of Ethnic Nationalities of Nigeria, CENN, comprising Igbo Youths Congress, IYC, Ijaw Izon Community in Lagos, IZC, Supreme Egbesu Assembly, SEA, Arewa Youths Congress, AYC, Niger/Delta Student Council, National Coalition of Arewa United Association, NCAUA, noted that the repeated excuse by government that fuel is cheap in the country was a display of insincerity by those in government against the governed.

Promising to[b] resist the removal of the subsidy[/b], the coalition said it will use everything at its disposal to persuade government to drop the idea, but will resort to force if their pleas fail.

Noting that the removal of subsidy will endanger the nation’s nascent democracy, CEEN said, President Goodluck Jonathan “stands to lose the goodwill of a majority of Nigerians. In fact, an increase in price will endanger our democracy. Forcing Nigerians to pay a higher price for fuel will unleash a rippling effect of inflation, which will spare no sector of Nigeria and the economy.”

CENN’s President, Dr Fredrick Fasehun, said that the consequences of increase in oil price may engender a reactionary move by Nigerians.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/ethnic-nationalities-warn-fg-over-fuel-subsidy-removal/
Re: Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by jason123: 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2011
Next year will be interesting. When the "common man" is trapped between the devil(hunger and unemployment) and the deep blue sea (inflation cause by the removal of subsidy), he has no choice but to react. Something has to give way!
Re: Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Kobojunkie: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2011
what the heck are Ethnic Nationalities? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Kx: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2011
How I have missed Dr Faseun  from his days in NADECO.

Now people are beginning to wake up.

NADECO fought so much for democracy and having landed democracy, they went away without ensuring that the people in power were good people.

If NADECO is coming back by pulling the igbos, hausas and yoruba youths in the form of CENN, i ll say this is the best news I ve heard so far this year about Nigeria.
We ve been clamouring for coordinated actions against oppressive govt policies.
I think NADECO CENN, provides that united coordination.
Re: Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by jason123: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2011
Kx:

How I have missed Dr Faseun  from his days in NADECO.

Now people are beginning to wake up.

NADECO fought so much for democracy and having landed democracy, they went away without ensuring that the people in power were good people.

If NADECO is coming back by pulling the igbos, hausas and yoruba youths in the form of CENN, i ll say this is the best news I ve heard so far this year about Nigeria.
We ve been clamouring for coordinated actions against oppressive govt policies.
I think NADECO CENN, provides that united coordination.

I was saying it a few days ago that poverty knows no ethnic group or religion. Its when poverty is involved, you'll see unity grin.

GEJ's advisers are not doing a proper job. The revolution and protest that will accompany this will be a shock. Even the Ijaws and in fact, the entire ND will feel the pinch and will react similarly.
Re: Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Beaf: 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
The only known name is Dr. Faseun and we know he represents OPC.
But, how come nobody has ever heard of any of the following?

Ethnic Nationalities of Nigeria, CENN, comprising Igbo Youths Congress, IYC, Ijaw Izon Community in Lagos, IZC, Supreme Egbesu Assembly, SEA, Arewa Youths Congress, AYC, Niger/Delta Student Council, National Coalition of Arewa United Association, NCAUA

Damn! shocked
They must be his cooks, gardeners and sundry carpenters / bricklayers. grin
Re: Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by Akanbiedu(m): 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
Group of attention seekers. SMH.
Re: Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by jason123: 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2011
Beaf:

The only known name is Dr. Faseun and we know he represents OPC.
But, how come nobody has ever heard of any of the following?

Damn! shocked
They must be his cooks, gardeners and sundry carpenters / bricklayers. grin

This is funny! grin grin
Re: Ethnic Nationalities Warn Fg Over Fuel Subsidy Removal by cjfavour(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2011
are u saying you've nt heard of igbo youth congress,arewa youth,etc,BEAF? you are too mischievous.

(1) (Reply)

Man, 30, Rapes 96 Year-old Woman In Kogi; Amazing / Gej - Why Subsidy Was Removed! / Reason For Removal Of Subsidy And Why It Would Not Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.