Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? (2046 Views)

President Tinubu Giving Juicy Appointments To Only Yorubas - APC Group (PCAN) / Why Are Only Yorubas Supporting Tinubu? / Bashir El-Rufai Blasts Igbos On Twitter, Apologises Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by fx45(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:

If Igbos actually get a country which includes the south-south, they will be 100 times worse than the Fulani. They will foment WAR on the south south to eliminate them, completely.

They will never allow those people to control those oil and gas resources.

Their desperation to own and control those resources is the ONLY reason behind their secession agitation and hatred for Nigeria.

But they will never tell you that.

So the said South South people are very happy that your people are the ones controlling their resources and devastating their lands. You assume the Igbos would be 100 times worse, yet your people have unleashed the worst form of stealing and degradation of their environment ever known to man. While you continue to wreck havoc on them, you smartly tell them the Igbos would be worse. Quite brilliant!
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by DMerciful(m): 10:24am On Sep 30, 2023
Almost all the northern politicians claim Hausa-Fulani
omohayek:

And here you exemplify the very kind of blinkered stereotyping and projection I was speaking about. If you sincerely believe such nonsense, you can't have met many northerners in your life, because the vast majority would consider your statement so insulting as to be "fighting words".
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by DMerciful(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2023
But I'm from SS precisely from Delta even though I'm Igbo. So, you see how what I'm saying? Besides, you're just one person who is probably among the exception.

These Northern minorities you mentioned tends to be silent and allow the Hausa-Fulanis to lump them into themselves without any resistance from them!
omohayek:

Stop projecting your own failings onto others. I'm Yoruba but know full well the distinction between Efiks, Edos, Itsekiris, Ikwerres, Urhobos, Ijaws and many other SS groups who aren't your kinsmen. It's your own people who have repeatedly betrayed their own bigotry and ignorance by treating "the north" as a homogenous body of "head-slammers" and calling Buhari a member of some mythical "Hausa" oligarchy, even though he has not a drop of Hausa blood and no true Hausa man has ever ruled Nigeria. You (falsely) claim to be the most travelled of all tribes, yet few of you seem to understand the distinctions between Angas, Tiv, Birom, Kanuri, Nupes, Idomas and many others you routinely treat as an "ignorant", faceless "muslim" horde, in yet another act of projection.
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by CJStarz: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2023
Who marginalized who? Na inferiority complex dey worry most of them. A forum where Urhobo,Ijaw and Bini dey form Yoruba,Tivi,Kanuri and Ebira dey form Hausa and Ikwerre dey deny their Igboness,because of their hatred for the Igbos.

Rossikk:
Are There ONLY Yorubas and Igbos on This Forum?

Where Is Everyone Else?

Nigeria has over 300 ethnic groups.

300 full languages.

But if you visit this site, you will be forgiven for thinking that only 2 ethnic groups exist in Nigeria.

Igbo and Yoruba.

Why is this?

Where are the voices of the Itsekiri, the Afang, the Berom, the Urhobo, the Mwaghavul, the Shanga, the Jaba, the Ijaw, the Kanuri, the Ebira, the Igala, the Nupe, the Ibibio.

IS THERE EVEN ONE SINGLE IBIBIO PERSON ON NAIRALAND?

Any Jukun person?

Ogoni?

Oron? Dendi? Tarok? Idoma? Edo?

Any Igede people here?

Damakawa?

Zarma?

Bahumono?

Kanembu?

Buduma?

Atyap?

Any ATYAP person around?

Where is everyone?

Some of these groups number MILLIONS of people.

But it's almost as if they don't exist in the Nigerian scheme of things.

Seriously marginalised. undecided
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by DaTruths: 10:33am On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk which tribe are you?

Identify yourself first na, you just listed and listed without identifying yourself.

Many of these tribes you mentioned, I don't even know which state they can be found cheesy
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Iceberg3: 10:33am On Sep 30, 2023
Coneheaded structures should provide the answer cos whenever you speak the truth to them,they tag you Igbo cos,as demons,truth hurts them
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Iceberg3: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2023
Beremx:
Only two ethnic groups exist on nairaland. Others hide under Yoruba ethnic group to fight Igbos while Igbo ethnic group remains a one man army. Example is MagicBishop whom I believe is from SS and Yarimo who is from the north

Duro4change bears yoruba moniker but is a pure Mallam from north central grin
Same thing with triple996,another pure Mallam grin
Thefacelessman mental is from yaribe from Kwara who now bow down flat on the ground for his Fulani emir gambari of iloringrin

1 Like

Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Proudlyomonna: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:

I'm Igbo.

Lies.

A tribally bigoted hate filled mofo like you can never be Igbo.
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Bands: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:

I'm Igbo.
shut up
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by henidord3: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:

Thank you my brother.

Don't mind that idiot.

I believe that these 'forgotten' ethnic groups we have are Nigeria's hidden joker.

I look forward to a Nigeria where the talents and unique cultures of these various ethnic groups are brought to the fore, and right up there with the 'big 3' in popularity and esteem.

I'm even considering setting up a restaurant with the worlds, NO IGBO, YORUBA, OR HAUSA FOOD HERE.

If you want to eat, come in and eat. We only cook traditional, exotic food from all the other ethnic groups apart from those 3.

It will close up soon 😁😁 because the three major tribe are major.
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Tranquill: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2023
CJStarz:
Who marginalized who? Na inferiority complex dey worry most of them. A forum where Urhobo,Ijaw and Bini dey form Yoruba,Tivi,Kanuri and Ebira dey form Hausa and Ikwerre dey deny their Igboness,because of their hatred for the Igbos.

You really sound very ignorant to say all those tribes “dey form” Yoruba or Hausa but I know where you are coming from. You people will keep having problems until you begin to show some respect for others and recognise their existence. As someone pointed out earlier, your claim to being the most widely travelled hardly shows in your attitude and reasoning.

Ikwerre is not denying any “Igboness” because there’s nothing to deny. If asserting their distinct identity means “hatred for Igbo” then so be it. Ikwerre is not Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Billyddude: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:

Exactly. It actually puts a lie to the claim that Nigerians are ''divided'. We are not divided.

It is only this Igbo v Yoruba nonsense.

Always a contest involving them plus Hausa Fulani.

One of them or the other always complaining of 'marginalisation'.

Nobody ever asks an Itsekiri man if he feels 'marginalised'.

Or the Mwaghavul people of Plateau state.

Ancestors of the Oriental Asians.

Nobody ever asks them their opinion of what is going on in Nigeria.

ARE THESE PEOPLE LESSER NIGERIANS?

The Yorubas assume every other tribe apart from Hausa/ fulani is ibo...
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by IjawKimi: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:
There are only three tribes in Nigeria

IGBO,
YORUBA,
HAUSA.

All other tribes fall under one of these.
the only people saying this kind of statement are the ibos.... Yorubas never say this.... Hausas never say this,,,,but only ibos want it.
No wonder everyone hate ibos.

no wonder ibos is now 5th class with no president..... point of correction,,,,,the three tribes in Nigeria are Hause Yoruba and Ijaw....the rest fall under them.

minority ibos that cannot rule Nigeria will never be among the Nigeria top tribes

1 Like

Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by IjawKimi: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2023
DMerciful:
There are others but both Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis sees everybody thats not Yoruba or Hausa-Fulani as Igbo.

Were you not here in Feb presidential election that they were calling all SS people as Igbos?

If you wanna verify, criticize Tinubu and you'd be branded Igbo immediately
a big lie.........rather they see Igbos as Ijaws

1 Like

Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by IjawKimi: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2023
misano:

Nah, not true. Most people from SS, especially Edo and Delta always take Igbos side when it comes to national issues. Although we might have few issues with them but in general we work better with Igbos.

Just like GEJ. The Ijaw usually have issues with Igbos but when it comes to national issues he work more with Igbos than Yorubas. At some point Yorubas felt marginalized.
big lies...I am Ijaw...and proved to me when we Ijaws sided with igbos most? if you think you know my Ijaw more than me.

1 Like

Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by IjawKimi: 10:17am On Oct 01, 2023
2elliot:
You are a really big "gboun" "obori".
I am an Ijaw from Bayelsa, so asides our so called political and militancy leaders who use Igbo hate as a currency to buy peanut favors from the Nigeria slave masters, the average ijaw man has no issues with the igbos. The ijaw man freely goes to Aba, Onitsha markets and co and do their buying and selling without any issues. The igbos work and trade in our lands without any issues. We inter-marry without any issue.
What is apparent to me as the issue between the Yorubas and the igbos is as a result of the fact that the Yorubas do not have an homogeneous Christian population as do the Igbo which would have produced similar outlook to life. The large Muslim population of the Yorubas have a similar dreams of the north–dominion.
This constant bickering would have been non existent if the igbos had a large Muslim population.
you are not correct....we Ijaws don't like any of WAZOBIA....this is the simple truth.
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by IjawKimi: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

How am I even sharing the same country with people like this abeg😔?!
this is the agenda of the igbos that making the Ijaws to be hating them....when Asari do,,they will be thinking Asari is just doing rubbish..

Ibos only wish is Nigeria to be three and the rest fall under the three

1 Like

Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by misano(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2023
IjawKimi:
big lies...I am Ijaw...and proved to me when we Ijaws sided with igbos most? if you think you know my Ijaw more than me.

Ijaws get their own for body. Nor worry my brother even we Itsekiris know say una case get as he be. Nah so una start war for Warri that year.
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by AwkaFinest: 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
Rossikk:

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

WHAT AN EGREGIOUS INSULT TO THE OVER 297 ETHNIC GROUPS AND LANGUAGES THAT ARE NOT OF THOSE 3.

You even tried to reply that garbage🗑️🗑️

2 Likes

Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by JulianBond007: 11:49am On Feb 20
grin
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Rossikk(m): 12:27pm On Feb 20
^^ 😂

Where you dig up this thread?

Nice debate though.
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Prince2324: 12:33pm On Feb 20
Rossikk:

Yorubas are the separatists. They want you to leave their lands where you settled in your millions.

You are the real UNITY BEGGARS, because there are even more of you in the north than the entire Igboland and SW combined.

Your actions (settling all over Nigeria in your tens of millions) speak louder than your words ('we hate Nigeria and want to secede')

I'm even surprised you haven't started dragging land ownership with Hausa people on their soil, Mr internet secessionist.

You dey fast to notice that Yoruba na unity beggers base on lame excuses wey dey come out of your mouth
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Kepukepu: 12:35pm On Feb 20
There are other tribes here, but Yoruba and igbos seem to fight each other.
Some tribes from Kwara, Kogi, hausas and SS(especially ijaws and Itshekiri) join the Yorubas to attack igbos. While many tribes from Benue, Taraba, Edo, Akwa Ibom, crossriver prefer to stay neutral.

So it's a battle between those attacking igbos and igbos defending themselves.
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Prince2324: 12:36pm On Feb 20
stuffs2002:

Same IIGB0S that call every Northerner Aboki
wetin Aboki mean?
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by Deogratiasfx: 1:22pm On Feb 20
Rossikk:

Where Is Everyone Else?

300 full languages.

But if you visit this site, you will be forgiven for thinking that only 2 ethnic groups exist in Nigeria.

Igbo and Yoruba.

Why is this?

Where are the voices of the Itsekiri, the Afang, the Berom, the Urhobo, the Mwaghavul, the Shanga, the Jaba, the Ijaw, the Kanuri, the Ebira, the Igala, the Nupe, the Ibibio.

IS THERE EVEN ONE SINGLE IBIBIO PERSON ON NAIRALAND?

Any Jukun person?

Ogoni?

Oron? Dendi? Tarok? Idoma? Edo?

Any Igede people here?

Damakawa?

Zarma?

Bahumono?

Kanembu?

Buduma?

Atyap?

Any ATYAP person around?

Where is everyone?

Some of these groups number MILLIONS of people.

But it's almost as if they don't exist in the Nigerian scheme of things.

Seriously marginalised. undecided

On NL, if you are not Hausa/Fulani or Yoruba, u are definitely Igbo.
Like me now, am from Benue but according to NL, am Igbo. Do you understand?
Re: Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? by socialmediaman: 1:24pm On Feb 20
Rossikk:

Where Is Everyone Else?

300 full languages.

Igbo and Yoruba.

Why is this?

Every Tinubu critic or Peter Obi supporter is tagged Igbo, what else are you looking for?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Descend On Reno Omokri For Linking Peter Obi With NLC Strike / 11 Million Nigerian Children Out Of School / Nigerian Registrar In UK Refuses To Wed Gay Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.