Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) (15843 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation 1-Year Anniversary In Pictures / Nigerians React To Obama’s Speech On Nigerian Elections / Nigeria Emerges No 1 Destination For FDI In Africa For The Second Year Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by nku5: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2011
@hash86- u say who spoil ya country? Don't make me laugh
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by moshoodn(m): 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
I'm a yoruba guy but i definitely detest what Nigeria did to the Ibos. . . Pathetic.
The same Nigeria isn't progressing 41 years after the genocide.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by saintohia: 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2011
Quote 4m true2God
Not allowing the Biafrans to set pace for a truly and ambitious African nation might forever be Africa’s greatest undoing. Just my opinion

100% correct, ur thinking.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by HighChief4(m): 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2011
@Onlytruth-----Thanks a lot for that video, I have been played it over 20times now.

Hash86:

I hate dis ojokoman Gowon wit passion,,cos na him 1st spoil our country,cause the died of our good leaders,if say i got chance i 4 torture&kill dat man since

Fool, your location gave you away. You mallams have scattered that country and still won't let go. You guys originally should have joined Chad, Somalia or Sudan

@OP-----Ojukwu saw all these coming and I challange anyone to tell me one of the things Ojukwu said in that speech that is not abound today in our country. Nigerians love living in denial.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by aljharem3: 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2011
High_Chief:

@Onlytruth-----Thanks a lot for that video, I have been played it over 20times now.

Fool, your location gave you away. You mallams have scattered that country and still won't let go. You guys originally should have joined Chad, Somalia or Sudan

@OP-----Ojukwu saw all these coming and I challange anyone to tell me one of the things Ojukwu said in that speech that is not abound today in our country. Nigerians love living in denial.

can you imagine, is he not inciting hate against the hausa and the fulani people ?

Why are you talking like this ?
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by Dede1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 22, 2011
alj_harem:

can you imagine, is he not inciting hate against the hausa and the fulani people ?

Why are you talking like this ?

How could Ojukwu be inciting hatred against Hausa and Fulani people? When Ojukwu made the speech, every moronic Hausa or Fulani person who can carry AK47 was marching towards eastern region of Nigeria and singing “kill nyemiri double pay”.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by aljharem3: 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2011
Dede1:

How could Ojukwu be inciting hatred against Hausa and Fulani people? When Ojukwu made the speech, every moronic Hausa or Fulani person who can carry AK47 was marching towards eastern region of Nigeria and singing “kill nyemiri double pay”.

Hausas are not like that, from this I know you do not know them.

In every society, there are miscreants and touts.

The present day OPC members are the touts

the present day Ijaw Youths are touts

The present people that doing the bad acts are the touts. It is not the people per-say

here is ojukwu's comment
But the Nigerians, under the leadership of the Hausa Fulani feudal aristocracy, preferred anarchy and injustice-----------

. The militant nationalism of the late forties and early fifties had caught the British imperialists unawares. They hurried to accommodate it by in stalling the ignorant, decadent and feudalistic Hausa-Fulani oligarchy in power. For the British, the credentials of the Hausa-Fulani were that not having emerged from the middle ages they knew nothing about the modern state and the powerful forces that now rule men's minds. Owing their position to the British, they were servile and submissive. The result was that while Nigerians lived in the illusion of independence, they were still in fact being ruled from Number 10 Downing Street. The British still enjoyed a strangle hold on their economy.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by Dede1(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2011
alj_harem:

Hausas are not like that, from this I know you do not know them.

In every society, there are miscreants and touts.

The present day OPC members are the touts

the present day Ijaw Youths are touts

The present people that doing the bad acts are the touts. It is not the people per-say

here is ojukwu's comment

I do not know which Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Nupe, Bachama, Tiv, Birom, Idoma or Igala you referred in your post. However, the all the members of the listed group that marched toward the eastern region of Nigeria in 1967 shouting and singing “Kill nyemiri double pay” are worse than miscreants.   

Again the speech where you cull the excerpt you posted was the part of Ahiara Declaration made in 1969.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by saintohia: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2011
The speech said it all. Just take a rating of Nigeria before & after that period to answer for urslf if the entity called Nigeria is worth staying in as a citizen. Believe it or leave the earlier everybody realises that the PARTICLE termed Nigeria doesn't exist to favour ppl presenlty living in it the BETTER 4 all. Luxembourg is currently the world richest nation & 100% literate, what's her population? Probably one Biafran state. If what's gonna make ppl happy & comfortable is to disintegrate Nigeria, damn it, disintegrate the particle termed Nigeria. You think the Biafran state wouldn't have been like Luxembourg by now?
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by aljharem3: 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2011
Dede1:

I do not know which Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Nupe, Bachama, Tiv, Birom or Igala you referred in your post. However, the all the members of the listed group that marched toward the eastern region of Nigeria in 1967 shouting and singing “Kill nyemiri double pay” are worse than miscreants.  

Again the speech where you cull the excerpt you posted was the part of Ahiara Declaration made in 1969.  

Dede1,

I know you are a well learned person and I am such you are aware that in every story are 2 sides to it. From you post, I can deduce that you have resentment for northerners.

On the positive side, you do not hate SWerners again. That is a step on the right path

Dede1, I can not recall people shouting kill nyamaria in the war (according to history books) also if it happened, I am sure it was made by the soldiers not by the citizens.

Baifran armies must have done the same but of course not recording aka kill abokis. The war was done based on misunderstanding and it should be forgotten by now.

Philip Effiong before his death said[i] the war was a fight between brothers[/i]. So really I do not know why you would bring the chants of the soldiers as the chants of the whole northern people. People are individuals you know.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by namfav(m): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2011
i am not worried by his speech, ojukwu is a failure, just like biafra, a big fat failure, a born failure
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by HighChief4(m): 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^^And your fathers and ancestors that insisted for ONE NIGERIA are what? Has the present condition of Nigeria not vindicated Ojukwu? I wonder if you actually know the meaning of "failure"
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by cheikh: 10:16pm On Oct 22, 2011
alj_harem

rubbish, so that young minds like you and others can keep harbouring hate in your hearts abi

maybe you need to read the article again, to tell me if it should be in nigerian history

@^^ I am surprised at you that you see our collective "national history" in terms of ethnic bias etc.
True national history for better understanding of our collective national malaise is not about finger pointing or scoring ethnic biased points etc. Why would you advocate deliberate historical amnesia and ignorance for Nigeria whereas we gladly learn the history of other nations warts and all. Please think about it deeply and understand that national history in its true sense is not about being selective of what we want to learn or not but what it is because as we all know, there are still living witnesses and active 'actors' in our living history. It's not yet fossilised like ancient history beloved by some of us. This aspect of our national history is very much in our collective memory and psyche hence we are having this conversation. Please try to banish/eschew your instinctive bias when trying to deal with modern living Nigerian history no matter how unpalatable we may find some of the "stories". It is part of our collective national heritage ugly or not sad grin. We must deal with it
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by rhymz(m): 11:23pm On Oct 22, 2011
alj_harem:

Thank you, Now that u accepted this,; good. but others did not call for Nigeria to split since everyone loved one another and there was no point for Nigeria to split just because Igbo ran things back then.

So now that it more or less equal of which Igbos still contribute a major work force in Nigeria, why can't Igbos chill then.

Although I understand that it is hard to forget the war, given than some of u maybe even you lost a family member in the war, it is not an easy pill to swallow I must say. But chill, Igbo will soon be the president whether we like it or not and he can show us Nigerians the way.

I would call for SNC where each region control it's own affairs
I don't know why Dede1 is even dignifying you with civil responses. Who here on NL does not recognize your redundant antics? You are begining to feel learned because DedE1 prolly forget the F'UcTARD that you are and is unwittingly indulging you. Don't get too comfortable in your low I.Q and begin to feel you ve been giving intelligent posts hence the responses from the likes of Dede1( whom I would ve expected to just curse you out and expose you), you are no good to anybody whether Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa, you raving lunatic disguising as an intellectual. What a piece of useless a$$!!
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by rhymz(m): 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2011
alj_harem:

Thank you, Now that u accepted this,; good. but others did not call for Nigeria to split since everyone loved one another and there was no point for Nigeria to split just because Igbo ran things back then.

So now that it more or less equal of which Igbos still contribute a major work force in Nigeria, why can't Igbos chill then.

Although I understand that it is hard to forget the war, given than some of u maybe even you lost a family member in the war, it is not an easy pill to swallow I must say. But chill, Igbo will soon be the president whether we like it or not and he can show us Nigerians the way.

I would call for SNC where each region control it's own affairs
I don't know why Dede1 is even dignifying you with civil responses. Who here on NL does not recognize your redundant antics? You are begining to feel learned because DedE1 prolly forget the F'UcTARD that you are and is unwittingly indulging you. Don't get too comfortable in your low I.Q and begin to feel you ve been giving intelligent posts hence the responses from the likes of Dede1( whom I would ve expected to just curse you out and expose you), you are no good to anybody whether Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa, you raving lunatic disguising as an intellectual. What a piece of useless a$$!!
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by rhymz(m): 11:50pm On Oct 22, 2011
alj_harem:

Dede1,

I know you are a well learned person and I am such you are aware that in every story are 2 sides to it. From you post, I can deduce that you have resentment for northerners.

On the positive side, you do not hate SWerners again. That is a step on the right path

Dede1, I can not recall people shouting kill nyamaria in the war (according to history books) also if it happened, I am sure it was made by the soldiers not by the citizens.

Baifran armies must have done the same but of course not recording aka kill abokis. The war was done based on misunderstanding and it should be forgotten by now.

Philip Effiong before his death said[i] the war was a fight between brothers[/i]. So really I do not know why you would bring the chants of the soldiers as the chants of the whole northern people. People are individuals you know.
For your mind now you are being taken seriously abi. . .lol. .somebody should tell off this pretending midget parading as an intellectual to shut it and go to bed jare, you fill my palate with bile each time you post your gibberish. Any eeediot can easily recognize that you do not know what you are yapping about here, keep jumping from one pillar to another in pretense. Those of us that recognize your unintelligence will relish your silence, even with google you still aint making any sense with the unrelated mumbo-jumbo you keep posting to intentionally derail this fine thread, Anuohia!!!
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by HighChief4(m): 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^^The guy really sucks bigtime, he has taken over from Ileke Idi as the most foolish NLer
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by markolini(m): 1:11am On Oct 23, 2011
i thot dis article was meant 2 b educative?, cos it looks 2 me like all its done is stir bad blood, but i got a few questions,
Lets say ojukwu succeeded nd d republic of biafra was declared, wat wuld happen if d whole republic thing didnt work out as planned, cos 4rm d speech above, looks 2 me like ojukwu was neva gona solicit 4 xternal help wen d republic is setup,
We believe in ojukwu, but do d other igbo leaders hav d same passion as he did, or were they juss supportin him cos they knew their stakes wuld go higher if d republic pulled thru, nd judgin by d breed of igbo politicians out nw, it obvious biafra wuld prolly b in thesame mess as nigeria nw,
4 me gettin d republic up wasnt d issue, its stickin 2 d original plan ojukwu had which happend 2 b noble, u cant read an article n cry foul against d hausa, if u read d history of d hausas u'll understand dat they've only suffered 4rm their hospitality, they welcomd d arabs they brought slavery, they welcomd d fulanis, they in turn brought oppression, war n religion which 4rm d onset was nt portrayed 2 b a religion of peace, so i dnt support ojukwu seein d other tribes as evil or inferior, dis same feelin pushed hitler 2 massacre d jews, i dnt believe in bloodshed, so i ask again, judgin by d crop of igbo leader we hav nw, do u tink they culd hav being able 2 sustain d independence of biafra nd nurture her 2 maturity witout help 4 d west? cos ojukwu was nt gonna rule 4eva even tho we knw he had a plan on hw 2 make biafra great, nd d other african nations had their problems too, they wnt hav left their problems 2 solve ours, or shuld we let go of all d hate n bad blood nd juss pray 2 God 2 intervene nd give us leaders who are selfless?, cos i believe as nigeria, we culd b great 2geda
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by Diligence: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2011
In epitome, if CHANGE that is supposed to be constant is not constant in nigeria, then resurrect dreams and revolutions!
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by member479760: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2011
the poster is another stupid blackman going backward to forwarding. see Gadafi how he end like rat.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by REVOLUTNIS: 12:39am On Oct 24, 2011
God bless Ojukwu,
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by oduasolja: 1:40am On Oct 24, 2011
buhahahaha

wasnt ojukwu born in the north.

did his father not make it in the north ?
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by cheikh: 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
mathskill
How did the Arab-muslim expansion take place?was there ever an islamic that came to africa?is it comparable to the pillage,plunder,violation,theft of natural resources of africa the division of the continent itself between the colonial powers and the massacre and slavery that africans had to endure in the hands of european christians.Ojukwu should tell me which Arab or muslim leader did that to Africa.

^^Whaooo shocked I can't believe that in this day and age there are so called "educated" Nigerians lacking in basic historical knowledge of pre-colonial Africa(before the arrival of the marauding Europeans). Arab does not necessarily equate to muslim just as European is not necessarily of Christian values/beliefs. Bro wink You need to review your history lessons and sources too. Ordinary common sense should be enough to disabuse your ignorance of African history especially that of North Africa and the Arab incursion/conquest of our lands including northern Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by kasiem(m): 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
What else can someone say?
BTW, those of u saying that ojukwu's running away amounts to cowardice, do remember that Elijah ran away, at the instruction of God, from jezebel after the mount camel bedlam?
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by kasiem(m): 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2011
When furfy was raised claiming that ojukwu is dead, this mods did waste time in taking it to front page.
When someone derogated ojukwu by comparing him with ghaddaffi, it was the same. Now , ,, ,.,
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by Eziachi: 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2011
delpee:

I respect Ojukwu for his eloquence but that aspect of running away and abandoning the people he led to war to their fate still baffles me. Anybody knows why a man of courage would do that?
Who cares about your look warm respect? Whenever I hear pathetic Nigerians drowning themselves with this phrase that Ojukwu ran away and abadoned his people, you have question their real motive and sanity. The same people you claimed that he abadoned is the same people your starved to dead, seized their money and properties, made common food they eat a contraband. So what exactly is this sentiment of abandonment? So you cared for this peoples now more than Ojukwu?

Ojukwu was there from start till the end, he was a war front leader through out the campaign and not the type that sit at home giving orders. But on the eve of the surrender, our people asked him to leave because his humiliation in the hand of our enemies would have finished our people mentally. The fact that Ikemba was safe gave us the strength to recover to the surprise of those that planned otherwise.

It was the frustration of losing a war trophy (Ikemba) that is behind the usual nonesense that Ojukwu abandoned his people because they wanted him humiliated but his self exile denied them the sadistic hunger and its funny those abandoned are not the one whining but those that planned to celebrate as the parade him as a war trophy on the streets of Lagos.
At the heat of the June 12, MKO Abiola ran to London, but we don't hear the same cry of abandonment, even when there is no war going on.
Walter Sisulu, Mbeki Sr and all ANC  leaders ran away to Angola and other places to fight the evil aparthied from there, when Mandela was isolated in prison. They are still heroes to the struggle and no one had accused them of abadoning their people.
I am sure that the Hebrew history is full of Moses running away and abandoning his people or Jesus when his parents ran away to Egypt to protect him in the hand of King Herod?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by Relax101(m): 12:36am On Nov 02, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^Papa mmadu kedu ije?
Ole ebe iga?
Igadi Dee Eziachi, lol
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by Shadowblaqq(m): 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
Those ignorant fools talking against biafra should be meant to understand that Ojukwu is and can be called a visionary person cos he saw the present Nigeria and attendant evils.
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by austinsmat(m): 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2012
very inspiring speech by ikemba he is not libertying biafra alone but all the blackmen to know they full potential from whitemen
Re: Ojukwu's Speech On Biafra's Second Year Anniversary (omg! Very Inspiring) by abouzaid: 6:53am On May 30, 2017
lalasticlala,mynd44,seun.please this deserves the front-page on our special day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It’s End To Political Rascality— Bode George / Defection Aftermath: Stop Deceiving Benue People - APC Strikes Ortom / Magufuli, Yar’Adua, Gaddafi, Other 15 African Leaders Who Died In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.