Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! (17477 Views)

Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - / Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). / What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by igbo2011(m): 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
Gaddafi did more for his people than any other African leader today.  Everyone in his country has a house, free healthcare, free education (even outside of Libya) and he rose the life expectancy of people by 30 years during his rule.  He tried to start the African Monetary Fund which is $70 billion of non interest loans.  This would be used to help fund infrastructure projects in Africa.  Instead of the parasite of an organization called the IMF.  He helped fund a satellite that would be used by Africans.  Europeans lost $500 million a year because of this. Gaddafi was a man of his people.  He was a pan-Africanist like Kwame Nkruhmah.  He put his resources to his people.  People recieved money from the oil wealth in Libya.

While our rulers(not leaders) steal all the money put them into foreign accounts to benefit foreigner's ecconomy.  How can money cycle within an economy if there are no money in banks? Our rulers don't fix roads, education, or hospitals so people die from things that can be fixed. 

Gaddafi died trying while our leaders are looting all of our wealth. Once we have no more oil (unless economy diversifies) we will have no money. 

Don't believe in the western media.  They try to say bad things about people who tryto help their people.  Like Castro, Chavez and Mugabe.  If the british choose to fund boko haram or MEND with billions then Nigeria can be just like this.

Red this: www.conelle.net/apps/blog/show/7869956-war-on-libya-is-war-on-entire-africa-

Watch this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxoLDmskA1A&feature=related

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by ishow2005(m): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
"Kampala 'mute' as Gaddafi falls," is how the opposition paper summed up the mood of this capital the morning after. Whether they mourn or celebrate, an unmistakable sense of trauma marks the African response to the fall of Gaddafi.

Both in the longevity of his rule and in his style of governance, Gaddafi may have been extreme. But he was not exceptional. The longer they stay in power, the more African presidents seek to personalise power. Their success erodes the institutional basis of the state. The Carribean thinker C L R James once remarked on the contrast between Nyerere and Nkrumah, analysing why the former survived until he resigned but the latter did not: "Dr Julius Nyerere in theory and practice laid the basis of an African state, which Nkrumah failed to do."
The African strongmen are going the way of Nkrumah, and in extreme cases Gaddafi, not Nyerere. The societies they lead are marked by growing internal divisions. In this, too, they are reminiscent of Libya under Gaddafi more than Egypt under Mubarak or Tunisia under Ben Ali.

Read more: http://anythinginformations..com/2011/10/what-gaddafi-death-means-to-africa.html#ixzz1bLCdwshu
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by kokoA(m): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
All hail mohammed Buazizi. D dude dat sparked up dis whole revolution tin
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by merge(f): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2011
@igbo2011

What are your goals besides talking? just curious
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by igbo2011(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
merge:

@igbo2011

What are your goals besides talking? just curious

I am building a site that will help Nigeria's economic development. I am planning our the content and I just need a designer and someone to code. Hopefully it will launch by January 2012.
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by 1luvkipsus: 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
@Topic:the fall of gadaffi means re-colonization of the african continent.
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by 2mch(m): 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
[flash=400,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJQUShElCzE&feature=player_embedded&skipcontrinter=1[/flash]

How the might have fallen. grin cheesy. They tried sha, 40years. cool. At least we can proudly say any Nigerian that had those dreams were cleared off after 8years. 42years shocked shocked shocked shocked. Some people were born and died in the reign if Gaddafi shocked cool
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by merge(f): 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
meaning? how will it help?? I'm interested in Nigerian development.

igbo2011:

I am building a site that will help Nigeria's economic development.  I am planning our the content and I just need a designer and someone to code.  Hopefully it will launch by January 2012.
ng
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by Nayah(f): 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2011
Cruzades, new colonisations and division: AFRICANS are very disappointing seriously
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by merge(f): 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2011
How does the fall of one Arabic man means the recolonization of Africa? Don't make sense to me. Arabs are an enemy of Africa too.
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by Nayah(f): 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2011
Mergen good evening, do you think that Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe and Co are completely different? What about Guinea Conakry, do you know that Alpha Conde came by fraud because France didn't want DIALLO a fulani as President because they got power, so they could developp Guinea, espeecially with their gold

To be continued
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by Dede1(m): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
merge:

How does the fall of one Arabic man means the recolonization of Africa? Don't make sense to me. Arabs are an enemy of Africa too.

You have written like a true African. Seemingly among the flock of Africans who readily accept whatever nomenclature the Europeans deemed necessary for them. For example, the word –Black has become a proud word for Africans such as you. Africa, as a continent, is colossal disappointment in any phase of human endeavor.

1 Like

Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by Nayah(f): 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2011
^^And I'll add Dede that KHADDAFI was the only one talking about UNITED STATES OF AFRICA but governement like Senegal, Ivory Coast ( OUATTARA), Compaoré or Bongo ( Father) have done everything to ruin it!

1 Like

Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by merge(f): 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2011
The thing that is crazy about blacks or african they still don't even unite with like minded people. Opening forum after forum and no action. Content after content and no action.

How are you guys uniting with at least like minded people? People who share your vision. I don't see networking going on here. What about your daily life?
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by Nayah(f): 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2011
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by Arosa(m): 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
@topic, Gaddafi's death means nothing to Africa. will Africa cry for him undecided
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by dustydee: 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
sad day for africa. Nigeria next?
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by rimms(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2011
Nobody lives forever.
You came with nothing, you leave with nothing.
Think more about the future and think less about today.
It's not what is said about you when you're here, but what people say about you when you're gone.
Africa is blessed, but we are nothing as long as bad leadership is allowed at all levels.

Nigerians rise up and challenge/ attack your bad leaders viciously.

How can you allow known corrupt ex governors to live peacefully in their various mansion? I do not get, can someone help? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by emofine(f): 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2011
Nayah:

^^And I'll add Dede that KHADDAFI was the only one talking about UNITED STATES OF AFRICA but governement like Senegal, Ivory Coast ( OUATTARA), Compaoré or Bongo ( Father) have done everything to ruin it!

Bonsoir Nayah

Whilst Khadaffi indeed was one of the strongest voices pushing for a "united states of Africa" even so far as the Caribbeans lol you have to understand that he was serving his own interests not Africa's. I will admit that I am actually disappointed and disgusted by the news of his demise and that in his long reign he obviously must have done some good (he had 4 decades to) however he is no hero and certainly not because of his death. Study his title for a start - "King of Kings of Africa". He wanted a united Africa in which he would ultimately be ruler or maybe form an oligarchy instead. He bought the love of many African nations via sponsoring them with his country's petrodollars and also remember he also sponsored some civil wars in his so called beloved Africa.

Furthermore look at some of his statements which betray his character. . . "Nigeria should split into several states" yet he wanted a "united States of Africa" at the same lol. He ultimately served his interests and as cliched as this sounds there is[i] pride before a fall[/i] although I will not celebrate this man's death, it is quite poignant.

I however understand the reservation some have concerning this and other outcomes on the continent because of those who played a part. I dislike observing African leaders being booted out by or with the help of the west because whomever may be the successor of that particular nation will obviously have to be pleasing to the West. Today they are congratulating Libya on their "new found democracy", yesterday they were shaking hands with Ghadaffi . . .it's all very murky to me.

Libya will be very intriguing to observe in the future, I wish them all the best but remain slightly doubtful for now.
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by unclenna(m): 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2011
this is a warning to the politicians in nigeria,,,,,,,,,,,,,when the people stand against the govt with one aim, no matter your soldier you cannot defeat the people.
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by hbrednic: 10:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
Africans will be slaves forever,sad but true cry
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by texazzpete(m): 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
igbo2011:

Gaddafi did more for his people than any other African leader today.  Everyone in his country has a house, free healthcare, free education (even outside of Libya) and he rose the life expectancy of people by 30 years during his rule.  He tried to start the African Monetary Fund which is $70 billion of non interest loans.  This would be used to help fund infrastructure projects in Africa.  Instead of the parasite of an organization called the IMF.  He helped fund a satellite that would be used by Africans.  Europeans lost $500 million a year because of this. Gaddafi was a man of his people.  He was a pan-Africanist like Kwame Nkruhmah.  He put his resources to his people.  People recieved money from the oil wealth in Libya.

While our rulers(not leaders) steal all the money put them into foreign accounts to benefit foreigner's ecconomy.  How can money cycle within an economy if there are no money in banks? Our rulers don't fix roads, education, or hospitals so people die from things that can be fixed. 

Gaddafi died trying while our leaders are looting all of our wealth. Once we have no more oil (unless economy diversifies) we will have no money. 

Don't believe in the western media.  They try to say bad things about people who tryto help their people.  Like Castro, Chavez and Mugabe.  If the british choose to fund boko haram or MEND with billions then Nigeria can be just like this.

Red this: www.conelle.net/apps/blog/show/7869956-war-on-libya-is-war-on-entire-africa-

Watch this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxoLDmskA1A&feature=related

Kai! Typical Nigerian.
Someone doles out houses, money and a few other chattels and you can happily forget that you have been enslaved for 42 years by a despotic tyrant. Talk about selling your birthright for a bowl of porridge. Are you that cheap?

No wonder people like Adedibu held sway for so long in Ibadan. You're no different from those thugs in Ibadan who would slit their mother's throats for Adedibu thanks to the bowls of hot Amala the old goat gave them every afternoon.
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by emiye(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
Term limits is the way forward, IMO, not more than two terms as the head of government.

The best of well intentioned saints turns to a DEMON after a while.

No God's creature is exempted from the boldened phrase above, the number of years for "after a while" will just vary.
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by freecocoa(f): 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
A lesson for our rulers.
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by Funkymallam(m): 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
I still fear for Libya, too much arms in circulation,
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by texazzpete(m): 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2011
Malaria killing 1 million African kids yearly. Do Nairaland's 'Pan-Africanists' care? No.
Thousands of women raped in Congo. Do Nairaland's 'Pan-Africanists' care? No.
Intense suffering in Zimbabwe. Do they care? No! Mugabe is their 'hero'!
Killings in Darfur. Do they care? No.

All they lie in wait for is any news of the US so they can come and whine and bleat about 'recolonization'. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by gorimapa1(m): 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
igbo2011:

I am building a site that will help Nigeria's economic development. I am planning our the content and I just need a designer and someone to code. Hopefully it will launch by January 2012.
Can handle coding properly - support @ .net
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by Flawless(f): 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
People should just STFU about how Nigeria needs to be liberated Nigeria had LIBERATION back in the 1990's during Babaginda's regime (guess some people are too young or have short memory). His plan was to rule Nigeria forever but several activists wouldnt allow that and there was bloody protest in the 1990's. Hence, he had to leave gracefully (wise of him else he would have ended up like Gaddafi). I sincerely believe Nigerians don't take Shxxt and can never experience what the Libyans experienced during Gaddafi's regime. Yeah yeah Gaddafi was a good ruler, good vision bla bla bla, but he should have left whilst the ovation was at the loudest. Nope the greed in him wouldnt and he ended up being killed by the people he called rats and cockroaches.
His life can be summarized with this quotes "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by freecocoa(f): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2011
texazzpete:

Kai! Typical Nigerian.
Someone doles out houses, money and a few other chattels and you can happily forget that you have been enslaved for 42 years by a despotic tyrant. Talk about selling your birthright for a bowl of porridge. Are you that cheap?

No wonder people like Adedibu held sway for so long in Ibadan. You're no different from those thugs in Ibadan who would slit their mother's throats for Adedibu thanks to the bowls of hot Amala the old goat gave them every afternoon.
My brother I really tire for this kind thing o, I wonder when most nigerians will be freed of this mentality,its really that many people still can't tell when they are being fooled because they were given peanuts.
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by itsik(m): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2011
please, i want to ask all those jubiliating over gadhafi's death this question?

PLS MY PEOPLE WHAT WAS THIS MAN'S CRIME?

[b]
Col, Gadhafi and Libya
1.There was no electricity bill in Libya; electricity was free for all its citizens
2. There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law
3. Home considered a human right in Libya –Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father has died while him, , his wife and his mother are still living in a tent
4. All newly weds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms –all for free
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 (N22) per litre
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US$5,000
14. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country. So wat wrong did he commit?
? I want ur opinion plz.does he deserve dis?[/b]
Re: What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! by gorimapa1(m): 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2011
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxoLDmskA1A&feature=related
I am translating the video refered to above - since i can read and write spanish. If you use online translators, you cant get the full gist.

Gaddafi nacionalizo sectores
claves de los recursor petroleros y negocio
precios justos dentro de la
OPEC para con los paises
productores de petroleo

Utilizo los ingresos del petroleo para construir
escuelas, universidades, hospitales e infraestructura muy necesaria

Antes de Gaddafi, menos de una quinta parte de libios
sabian leer y escribir

No habia acceso a la education para la mayoria de la gente

y despues de gaddafi, un sistema de education gratuito y de calidad, incluyendo la universidad

Translates to

Demonizing Gaddafi

Gaddafi nationalizes industrial sectors which
are keys to the oil and business.

Fair prices with the OPEC countires towards oil producers.

He Used the oil revenues to build schools, universities, hospitals and their necessary infrastructures.

[Before Gadaffi]
Less than 1/5 th of Libyans could read and write.
There was no no access to education for most people.

[And After Gadaffi]
A system of free education, including college, university

Will continue the translation as the video continues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit / China's Says Their Friendship With Russia Is "Rock Solid" / Trump Acquitted By Senate In Second Impeachment Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.